PDA

View Full Version : "Results of Ambition" (E3C05; Spoilers blacked out)

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 5, 2008, 12:12 PM
http://psupedia.info/The_Results_of_Ambition_2

I heard on PSU from somebody that the Japanese received a story mission with a human boss at the end, no other than Howzer himself, as PSUPedia shows. But this person (a few weeks ago now) told me this boss was so difficult, Sonic Team JP needed to perform emergency maintenance. The boss would fly/jump(don't remember) in the air and strike you down in one hit or something. I hope this is that boss, because it sounds fun.

Notice how PSUPedia doesn't have any information for the A enemies other than levels. Is this because of difficulty of finishing on A?

Anyway, the best part about this has got to be that Vijeri / Resist (aka, Megid / Resist). Doooo want!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-04-05 10:26 ]</font>

chaoskila
Apr 5, 2008, 12:16 PM
cool sounds fun fun fun
i want that megid resist GIB MI NAO

Lyrise
Apr 5, 2008, 12:24 PM
It's not that the boss was difficult, but said boss was at lv160 regardless of difficulty level, making it a fight you were absolutely not allowed to take a single hit from. With enough power to fire an attack that really would kill you in one shot, regardless of what level you were; and since story mode restricts you from using a scape doll, prior to that re-adjustment, it was more annoying than difficult. The idea of story mode was to tell a story, not present you with a nigh-impossible challenge; now if it would almost kill you, that would be ok, but this attack outright killed you; I don't think anyone is capable of taking 8000 damage attack, not even having good armor would save you (kinda like the current Mission Carnival survival mode). Just pray and hope you evade it.

And yes, it's because story's max difficulty is A, that you will never really see stat data for monsters on S. In the case of 3-5, S level difficulty would be truly annoying to clear.

Arika
Apr 5, 2008, 06:03 PM
actually, since it is the boss of Illuminus, it should be that kind of strong. I m sure, it is not impossible, it is possible, some people even clear the whole survivor mission solo. now it is only a common boss.
however, yeah, it is kidda annoying if you have to listen to story mission everytimes until you can beat him once.

so what ST should have do actually is to put a lv 40,80 version of him on rank C and B (let people clear it to be able to skip story cut-screen, and goes on another story mission)
and leave him at lv 160 and same power on A, for challenge to people that want to hunt the resist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2008-04-05 16:06 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Apr 5, 2008, 06:09 PM
God i would get so pissed at that lol

Zarode
Apr 5, 2008, 07:06 PM
So, wait. Is it lrnhow2dodge&play hard, like as in, stop standing around like a fool and getting hit and move some, or is it impossible to dodge?

Lyrise
Apr 5, 2008, 08:43 PM
On 2008-04-05 16:03, Arika wrote:
actually, since it is the boss of Illuminus, it should be that kind of strong. I m sure, it is not impossible, it is possible, some people even clear the whole survivor mission solo. now it is only a common boss.
however, yeah, it is kidda annoying if you have to listen to story mission everytimes until you can beat him once.

so what ST should have do actually is to put a lv 40,80 version of him on rank C and B (let people clear it to be able to skip story cut-screen, and goes on another story mission)
and leave him at lv 160 and same power on A, for challenge to people that want to hunt the resist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2008-04-05 16:06 ]</font>

Survival doesn't count, the monsters have cut HP stats, so it becomes a case of who kills who first.

As for the attacks, it applied to a bunch of his attacks, most annoying is that giant beam of death. If this was a 1 on 1 fight, sure, you could probably learn to avoid every attack; but it's not a 1 on 1 fight, like any competent bad guy, he knows how to summon his SEED goods after you. You'd have to manage the goons, the megid they use, as well has Howser himself. It could be done, but it wouldn't be a challenge, it'd just be annoying to hell; especially if one screwup forces you to start from the beginning of the act again.

zeroguy518
Apr 5, 2008, 08:58 PM
How come as soon as ST gives us one of the many things we need, a challenge, everyone whines? I would be more than happy to take an hour to try and kill that boss as opposed to spamming resta&rafoie on WB.

DraginHikari
Apr 5, 2008, 09:04 PM
There a big difference between a challenge and making it's crippling impossible.

GosamerWings
Apr 5, 2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah but as we all know they are probably going to reduce him so low that anyone at the level to take the mission on will be able to kill him in a min tops... They really need to stop dumbing the game down... yeah I'm for making him fightable... but I am not for making him laughable...

zeroguy518
Apr 5, 2008, 09:09 PM
I would much rather take the "throw controller at wall" type of missions to the ones we have now, I hardly even play anymore it just stopped being amusing.

Arika
Apr 6, 2008, 07:04 AM
Yes, I know it is quite hard, that is why ST should give player choice :
1. just clear it on low rank (made him in the low level version as I mentioned) , so you can alway skip cut-screen from now on + continue next chapter .
2. challenge in the high rank, for people who love to play it on hard, and put a good reward like the Vijeri / Resist for only people who capable of clear it.

since some people like challenge for good reward, some not, they should open choice.

Yunfa
Apr 6, 2008, 09:12 AM
I know the feeling, in my many years as a gamer, I have never gotten so fraustrated at "an impossible" mission until I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3...just thinking about it makes me want to punch a baby. D8<

omegapirate2k
Apr 6, 2008, 10:28 AM
Any of you JP players feel like running through and taking some screenies for us?

cheapgunner
Apr 6, 2008, 08:40 PM
On 2008-04-05 19:09, zeroguy518 wrote:
I would much rather take the "throw controller at wall" type of missions to the ones we have now, I hardly even play anymore it just stopped being amusing.

I know what you are saying there. The only time I play nowadays, is when I am bored to death. There should be more of this kind of enemy in the game. It's said when the game becomes nothing more of button-mashing the right wep, instead of some actual skill and strategy I thought it would have. >.>

ErtaiClou
Apr 7, 2008, 12:19 AM
On 2008-04-05 10:24, Lyrise wrote:
I don't think anyone is capable of taking 8000 damage attack, not even having good armor would save you (kinda like the current Mission Carnival survival mode). Just pray and hope you evade it.

Cricky mate, now what we have here is one Gur-Al's most dangerous critters. Just one strike is strong enuff' to kill at least four newmates!

Reginaldo
Apr 7, 2008, 12:30 AM
I think every s2 mission in the game needs all their mobs increased by 20 levels or so.

S2 at level 129 for me is like playing PSO on hard mode at level 200.

Xaeris
Apr 7, 2008, 12:58 AM
On 2008-04-06 22:19, ErtaiClou wrote:

I don't think anyone is capable of taking 8000 damage attack, not even having good armor would save you (kinda like the current Mission Carnival survival mode). Just pray and hope you evade it.

Cricky mate, now what we have here is one Gur-Al's most dangerous critters. Just one strike is strong enuff' to kill at least four newmates!

Oh god, XD.

omegapirate2k
Apr 7, 2008, 11:06 AM
On 2008-04-06 22:19, ErtaiClou wrote:

It's no Barba Ray, though.