PDA

View Full Version : Will A>S Material boards ever be available online?

Powder Keg
Apr 6, 2008, 10:44 AM
Metals like Catilium and also the armor "-polymers" are really tough to get. As more S-rank weapons and armor are released, they will be even more in demand.

Do boards exist to change from A>S like you can with lower grades?

Follisimo
Apr 6, 2008, 11:27 AM
That is asking for alot there and would pretty much make the game worthless with nothing to earn. So don't look for it to happen.

Powder Keg
Apr 6, 2008, 12:22 PM
How so? You could make a catilium with say....15-20 stelniums, and a similar amount for polymers from resins. I'll take this over Catiliums raising even more in shop price when more S-ranks are released, plus this will make the A-rank counterparts useful again.

Some of this crap is extremely hard to come by even on S2 difficulty, and you can still find the C rank shit somehow on a regular basis. Granted, we don't have many missions with monsters above lvl130 (which is supposed to have a higher box rate) but soon the materials will be more rare than the boards themselves.

Syanaide
Apr 6, 2008, 01:38 PM
No, it's fine the way it is. Believe it or not, Catilium is not very difficult to get. It's also is one of the very few items that holds the economy together on Xbox IMO. If it were cheap, almost every striking weapon would be worth to nothing, save select weapons like Repca.

Legendria
Apr 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
Catilium is super easy to get now, to the point where at the rate I've gotten them in the past two days, I could have a 99 stack by Thursday.

Of course, I'd be bored out of my skull.

Mewnie
Apr 6, 2008, 01:49 PM
Give A-rank materials to the offering box.

There, now there's a use for them! :3

Danny_Dark
Apr 6, 2008, 01:58 PM
No, it's fine the way it is. Believe it or not, Catilium is not very difficult to get.

NeoTeppin
Apr 6, 2008, 02:50 PM
There are many missions that can get u multiple catiliums in 1-2 runs if u know which ones to do. I currently have 50+ of them just sitting in my storage cuz i have no boards to use them on.

NeoTeppin
Apr 6, 2008, 03:01 PM
In fact thank u for this post, because of it I just remembered i had those catiliums and i just sold 60 of em for 15m

SStrikerR
Apr 6, 2008, 03:52 PM
On 2008-04-06 13:01, NeoTeppin wrote:
In fact thank u for this post, because of it I just remembered i had those catiliums and i just sold 60 of em for 15m

methinks someone's bragging.

And yeah, maybe catilium's easy to get if you're a higher level player because you can solo missions to find it and get it, but people like me, who are just under 100, get lucky to have 5. I need 4 to synth my kan yu, I have 1. no way I'm paying shitty prices, but it's gonna take a while to find them.

TecherRamen
Apr 6, 2008, 04:14 PM
I gotta agree with the populous, they shouldnt introduce those sorts of boards. But still idk how you guys get like 60 of them. Im the other way around i need like 60 to make all the boards that I have =P

Mikura
Apr 6, 2008, 04:32 PM
On 2008-04-06 13:52, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2008-04-06 13:01, NeoTeppin wrote:

methinks someone's bragging.

And yeah, maybe catilium's easy to get if you're a higher level player because you can solo missions to find it and get it, but people like me, who are just under 100, get lucky to have 5. I need 4 to synth my kan yu, I have 1. no way I'm paying shitty prices, but it's gonna take a while to find them.

You don't even have to be a high lvl player to get Catilium actually. Case in point: Run Holy Grounds S2 and just do the first few rooms with the boxes in them that have -ium materials in them, abandon, repeat. Anybody can solo that. You just have to be high enough to run S2.

Sylpheed
Apr 6, 2008, 06:58 PM
Tunnel Recapture S2 is an even faster means of farming Catilium. All three of the map variants there have Catilium boxes in the first couple of rooms. hell, one of the variants has seven possible Catilium boxes in the first room and you don't have to kill a single dam monster.

thebummers
Apr 6, 2008, 07:15 PM
Just as a point of reference if you unlock all the story mode stuff there are some seriously high materials in NPC shops. Even the next upgrade of wood called Ork or something is purchasable. There are also some higher conversion boards that online does not have either. I wouldn't look for this feature in online mode anytime this century, but the code is already in there.