PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on capping things?

-Chilly
Apr 6, 2008, 01:13 PM
Been wondering what peoples opinions are on hitting different caps, Job levels, character levels, PA levels.

When you Hit Lv40 PA do you want to use another?
You've just got job to Lv15b, swap to next?
Your at Lv130, time to use that dusty old alt?

I personally dont like using anything thats capped, does anyone else feel the same?

Discuss

Zorafim
Apr 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
When I cap a PA, I switch to another one if I can get away with it. If it's something unique, like Jabroga, I use it when needed, but try to use other PAs in situations where I can. My goal is to cap as many PAs as possible, which shouldn't be too hard when both the PA update and Master classes come in to play (double exp rate, speed boost, and only four weapons to choose from?).

If I cap my main job, I still use it. After all, I'm best at that job. But if I cap a subjob which I don't use often, I'll switch to another job.

I don't focus on exp, so if I hit the cap, it's near the time the next level cap is raised. However, when I hit the cap, I tend to lose my drive to play unless I'm doing something specific (leveling PAs, hunting rarz, etc). Now I have an alt, so I may end up using her more.

Syanaide
Apr 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
1. Yes
2. No, see #1.
3. No, see #1.

Poncho_Jr
Apr 6, 2008, 01:33 PM
Sometimes I'll use a capped TECHnics, just cause it looks so nice. Otherwise. No really.

Proto07
Apr 6, 2008, 01:33 PM
I enjoy capping out, means less things to work on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I don't switch classes cause teching and meleeing is boring for me, so I just stay a gunner. And everytime I go on one of my alts I loathe having to level up again. But I definitely switch PAs when capped.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Proto07 on 2008-04-06 11:52 ]</font>

Fanin
Apr 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
- Usually yes, but not completely forget about them. I will use lv40 PA in tougher situation.

- Not really. I play whichever type I'm more comfortable with.

- I would use alt more often, and use lv130 less often.

Legendria
Apr 6, 2008, 01:50 PM
I use it if I like it, whether its 40 (or 31 for my alt's techs) or not. Same applies to level cap and class cap.

Logically it's a bad idea, but who cares?

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 6, 2008, 01:54 PM
I avoid using capped PAs as much as I can so I don't waste precious PA exp. Class and regular exp mean little to me since PAs are the real exp grind (and also the worst kind).

darkante
Apr 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
I feel like it is just a waste to cap things if you donīt take advantage of those capped P.A on timed mission or other hard missions. I mean thatīs why you cap them mainly.
But seeing how things is easy most of the time..i donīt see why not trying to cap all other P.A.

Job capping is a different matter to me. I only level jobs i like to use or at least want to try out.
Therefore i only have a few job class maxed (See signature).

When i get my character lv to max on the current level limit. I still use that character because there is more to the game then maxing your level IMO.

Shake
Apr 6, 2008, 01:59 PM
As soon as I cap anything I try to experiment with whatever I can. It's a good learning tool for figuring out what works well, what I prefer to use, and what alternative play styles there are for me to engage in.

XFoxPrower
Apr 6, 2008, 03:37 PM
I try to cap everything. I have all but FT, AF, and AT to 15 (basic classes are even at 15). I keep statistics for these things on myself.

NeoTeppin
Apr 6, 2008, 03:39 PM
I usually try to cap my characters in whatever class i like then i just stick with that class until i get bored of it. I had a lvl 100/15 FT because i just liked using spells with him. As for PA's i use whichever ones are best for the situation im in. If its capped then its capped if not then i guess im training it. And once i hit 130 ill keep using whatever char i have the most fun with. I made all 4 of my chars different so i can use spells, guns, melee, or melee/spells. Whichever im in the mood for

pikachief
Apr 6, 2008, 03:39 PM
Usually i cap the PA because i like using it. so no i do not switch.

I do not like leveling other classes, i like the one(s) i chose.

I level all my characters at the same time. i dont really have alts.

mvffin
Apr 6, 2008, 06:09 PM
I still use capped classes, and PAs. Characters, not so much. Unless its a mission that will OBVIOUSLY be better with one of my others, I usually stick with one character until they get boring or lvl capped.

Weeaboolits
Apr 6, 2008, 10:03 PM
I start using something else when it caps, the thing I enjoy about RPGs is the leveling and progression. In Pokemon, when one hits 100, I stick it in the PC and stop using it.

Umberger
Apr 6, 2008, 10:44 PM
On 2008-04-06 11:13, -Chilly wrote:
Been wondering what peoples opinions are on hitting different caps, Job levels, character levels, PA levels.

I personally dont like using anything thats capped, does anyone else feel the same?

Discuss

1) The only time I use my capped PAs is when I'm doing a run where speed is essential (Bruce's Dungeon, Egg Thieves, etc).
2) Nope.
3) Nope, either PA leveling on my main or hunting for Psycho Wands. The only time I play my alt(s) is when my lower level friends get on and want to play.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 6, 2008, 11:38 PM
My Resta hit 40, so I can't heal anyone anymore :/

Kylie
Apr 7, 2008, 12:08 PM
When you Hit Lv40 PA do you want to use another? Usually I do; unless I particularly need the PA I capped (hardly ever the case).
You've just got job to Lv15b, swap to next? Well, yes to some extent. I don't like wasting MP, so I might switch to another class. However, I won't become a fG or anything; I stay in the combat area. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif
Your at Lv130, time to use that dusty old alt? I might set some goals for my alts to accomplish after my main caps, but I always miss using my main. It isn't the same when I'm capped because it feels like wasting time, though.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 12:11 PM
I cap PAs/Classes so they will be the best when I need them. Raising a skill just to avoid it seems a bit wasteful.

panzer_unit
Apr 7, 2008, 12:37 PM
1. I don't care what my PA levels are outside of making sure my Protranser weapons are @ lv30... I'll just use whatever's good whenever I need it.
2. I stuck to capped classes for a long time, recently I decided to start leveling techer jobs though.
3. Use alts what? I'll just level whatever jobs and skills I want on my main.

Sekani
Apr 7, 2008, 01:15 PM
On 2008-04-06 21:38, beatrixkiddo wrote:
My Resta hit 40, so I can't heal anyone anymore :/

On 2008-04-07 10:11, amtalx wrote:
I cap PAs/Classes so they will be the best when I need them. Raising a skill just to avoid it seems a bit wasteful.

Man, I was starting to think that I was the only person who likes to actually use PAs instead of just leveling them.

EspioKaos
Apr 7, 2008, 01:34 PM
None of my TECHNICs have hit LV40 yet, but back when the cap was LV30, Diga and Foie were my first to reach that. I still used them, but I honestly tried to focus more attention on others to put that EXP to use.

This is situational for me. After I reached Fortetecher LV15, I went to Acrotecher since I wanted to try the new battle type. Once I hit LV15 with that, I went straight back to Fortetecher. (I missed rods and my LV31+ attack TECHNICs.) I hate wasting the hundreds (if not thousands) of MP I would've earned had I not been capped, but it's not that big of a deal. Also, I keep telling myself that I should try a new type, but I never do it. I could go back to Wartecher (using knuckles again would be cool) and bring it up to LV15 from LV10, but I can't seem to commit myself to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Maybe. I've never hit the level cap, so I can't say for sure, but I'm kind of leaning more toward no. I'd hate to waste so much EXP, but I guess I could look at it as even though I can't level anymore, my TECHNICs can still earn EXP, so progress is still being made.

Seority
Apr 7, 2008, 01:50 PM
capped PA's:
If I got one to this high, I usually use it often because it's the best one to use. I rarely raise ones I don't plan on using much in the first place
capped classes:
I first cap the classes that are nessessary to the ones I want to play then cap those classes. I wanted to do everything on my main beast, but figured I shold just leave gunner classes to my cast and forces to my newman, of course having to start from scratch again, but they have a better compainionship with those classes.
capped lvl:
Psssh. Like it really matters anymore. Just level my classes/pa's and if my char dings to another level, whoopie... doesn't matter at all.

LLSmoothJ
Apr 7, 2008, 01:57 PM
Chilly wrote:

Yes, but only because I need to get my other PAs on my main to 40 as well. Otherwise, I'll use my favorites and only switch if necessary.

Chilly wrote:

When I do get to LV130 I'm more likely to play my alts more often to get them leveled up to or at least near my main. Often on my alts, I'll switch it up a bit and try out the other classes other than their main ones. Because of this, I'm finding a new appreciation for techs now (Used to not have the patience for leveling them).

desturel
Apr 7, 2008, 02:13 PM
I have two mains and two alts.

I have been "lucky" enough that I have only hit level 40 in 4 PAs. Dus Majarra, Chikki Kyoren-jin, Rafoie, Giresta. I still use Giresta and Rafoie. I rarely use Chikki (mainly for Awoken Serpent). My giresta is on my alt so I rarely use it. My main has his own level 20 giresta. I would put the level 40 Giresta on him, but I hate switching around PAs too often.

No and yes. As I mentioned I have two mains and two alts.

My first main is a Male Neuman: FT, GT, WT, AT, AF, PT all level 15. FT is his main job. GT is his primary alternate. I wouldn't use guntecher, but my favorite things about FT are spells and bows. Since FTs bullets didn't get a cap increase when the expansion came out, I went GT to level my bow bullets to 40. I did AT to level my support spells to 40 (but switched my first alt character to AT and moved the level 31 support to her, giving my main new support spells). I did PT because I wanted to use Kan yu and my FF is female. Plus I got to level my bows as PT. I did AF and WT during Winter Event just because it was so easy to level the class.

My second main is a Female Beast: fG,FiG, FF, GT, AF. Basically any class that I had not done on my first main I did on my second main. At the time I made her I just wanted a beast fG for Grove of Fanatics S2 (yes, I made a character specifically for GoF) since my main was FT and Degahna had a habit of doing 1HKO on me). I leveled GT because I thought Grove would be easier with Resta, but it was actually more difficult because I couldn't use Dus Daggas on Degahna (no spinning strike and rising strike was weak at the time). After the grove kick I went FiG because I wanted to try beast fighter, but I wanted to keep my twin handguns and Xbows. I preferred FF though so now I just switch between FF and fG.

As you can see I don't just switch because I cap a class, but I do switch because I have other things I want to level.

Nope. As I mentioned my main two characters (both level 130) cover every job class.

I have one alt that I made to help level a friend who wanted to create a low level. Human Female techer because I already had a neuman. She currently holds all of my "extra" techs and melee arts that my main characters can't hold. She's currently an acrotecher since my main is a GT and has all of the level 31+ support spells and all of the single handed melee PA arts that my other main is a FF that only used two handed weapons.

My other alt is a male cast because people kept telling me "you should make a cast. SUV is great". Not that I care. I run with 4 casts, I don't really need an SUV of my own. He currently has 50hours of synthing duty (level 30) and is storage too all of the weapons I probably won't use again, but won't sell and I'm too lazy to get rid of (Brahoh +10, Ageha-senba 50%, Hoza-senba 44% Midiline 50% etc. I miss the old way armor percentages worked.)

Cry0
Apr 8, 2008, 03:36 AM
cap pa's: I use others, unless I'm in a pickle (then i use majarra or whatnot).

cap jobs: I've capped all fighter jobs (including hybrid and PT), and i'm not gonna do anythin else on my main, so i just stay fF atm, since there i can use the most s weapons from which the pa's im levelling now.

cap level: i dont really care about level, it's just something on the side. something that happens while levelling pa's. the only thing i'm annoyed by is the exp full message. but, that doesn't keep me from playing.

EMPYREAN
Apr 8, 2008, 03:41 AM
hmm depends on what kind of cara im playing when it comes to the PA cap. if i play on my AT then i stick to my capped spells and dont use any 1 else. if i play on my FG then i will go right on to the next bullet.

when my job gets capped i stick to it.
when my LV is capped i stop playing on that cara even if i stil have bullets to lv upp.

LanVanDam13
Apr 8, 2008, 04:17 AM
On 2008-04-06 11:31, Zorafim wrote:
When I cap a PA, I switch to another one if I can get away with it. If it's something unique, like Jabroga, I use it when needed, but try to use other PAs in situations where I can. My goal is to cap as many PAs as possible, which shouldn't be too hard when both the PA update and Master classes come in to play (double exp rate, speed boost, and only four weapons to choose from?).

is that true that master classes have double exp rate 4 PAs

soolayah
Apr 8, 2008, 06:21 AM
Nope. The pa exp boost we're getting on the 25th does give double exp rate for melee pas (for all classes) though.

Tetsaru
Apr 8, 2008, 06:34 AM
I'm CONSTANTLY leveling something, unless it's at a decent level already. Once I get something capped, I'll start right in on something else. I play mostly gunner and techer classes, so I have to in order to get everything good... O_o;

This upcoming PA-leveling update is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I'm glad that PA's are going to be easier to level (especially considering the classes I play), but at the same time, it's kinda sad that all that time spent leveling something like Megid to 31+ (NOT afk-leveling, I don't believe in doing it that way) is now not worth any merit. All the little noobs will also have it, thinking they're something special, when back in the day, it actually WAS an accomplishment that took a lot of time and effort. Kinda reminds me of how everyone did HSM back when it first came out just to max out their class levels... and we all know how THAT was. >_<;

RadiantLegend
Apr 8, 2008, 07:53 AM
If only i have other PAs i want to lv

I only specialize in one class but due to master classes i have to get 1 other class on each char to the bare "minimum"

No alts, just 2 mains. Once i finish the goal for one, i jump to the other

ZeroNova
Apr 8, 2008, 01:22 PM
- Actually I haven't capped any PAs yet, but I guess I would start using another.

- Right now, yes. I'm trying to max a few classes atm, so far I've only maxed 2 though.

- I'd probably switch to my alt until the cap is increased, but I would probably still use my main every now and then.

hiraisho
Apr 8, 2008, 01:29 PM
Well for me my caps are 30/20 on my main so when I cap out i work on the next PA so each PA can be strongest in their situation. If I'm fighting a toucher mob I'll switch back to the capped PA to make killing it easier rather than doing an extreme pain in the %^& skillin up on that one mob.

For the most part I don't switch my class, sometime I do on occasion but I end up switching back to wartecher, I do enjoy arcofighter and protranser, but thats why I'm leveling my alts as them.

Which brings me to part 3, I'm still not 130 yet and I'm not exp grinding to reach it, all the exp I'm getting is from when I'm skilling up PAs or hunting certain items I'm after. Wartecher is my favorite class but every now and then I like to mix it up, which is when I head over to my alts. Hopefully with MAG I can get one of my alt to 100+, I'm thinking my Protranser, my 2nd favorite class to play and I love my cast.