PDA

View Full Version : Mission in Events

Rayokarna
Apr 6, 2008, 03:37 PM
I think everyone is is complaining about PSU having a lack of content and such, but all the content that people ask for have already been unlocked for a short period of time. My question is, do you think they would put the missions from the events permentantly into the game?

Missions like Urgent Orders from Firebreak
The 1UP missions,
The Winter Event missions.

The could do what they did with MAG and leave them on the server live without the field bounses.

And one more thing, is the Ice Purification missions in the AOI data?

SStrikerR
Apr 6, 2008, 03:41 PM
Well since ST likes to recycle stuff I would place a bet on Urgent Orders and things like that making a return somewhere along the line.

Jainsea
Apr 6, 2008, 07:39 PM
Oh yea, the game has gotten stale long ago -.-
It would help if some event missions stayed, but like you said with out
thats events bonus and such. Just something new...anything D:
and ST sure does like to recycle stuff. I noticed iirc a portion of Caves of Ice is a direct copy off the Motabb 1-cup mission.

Rust
Apr 6, 2008, 08:04 PM
Getting back the FireBreak missions wouldn't hurt.
As for the 1UP ones, as long as the awful-looking 1UP staff aren't coming back along with the missions, i'm ok.

Proto07
Apr 6, 2008, 08:15 PM
I'd be so happy if they brought back the second half of the 1up missions, the endless nightmare ones.

Umberger
Apr 6, 2008, 08:46 PM
On 2008-04-06 18:04, Rust wrote:
Getting back the FireBreak missions wouldn't hurt.

I'd love to see Urgent Orders A back...best TECHNIC leveling spot ever. =|

WhiteKnight01
Apr 7, 2008, 01:53 PM
its a nice idea, but rember on the 360 when winter event went on too long everyone was whining about it, aslong as that doesnt happen i would be happy to have those missions there

Seority
Apr 7, 2008, 01:58 PM
I'd say there's plenty now.
(Never did 1-up nor fire break http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;;)
But more is always good, as long as the updates arn't continuously corrupted nor late, which seems to be popular now-a-days.
XP

Darius_Drake
Apr 7, 2008, 02:30 PM
On 2008-04-07 11:53, WhiteKnight01 wrote:
its a nice idea, but rember on the 360 when winter event went on too long everyone was whining about it, aslong as that doesnt happen i would be happy to have those missions there

I wouldn't say everyone complained about the winter event. It was more so the vets that struggled getting their characters up to a higher level that were complaining.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 7, 2008, 02:36 PM
On 2008-04-06 17:39, Jainesa wrote:
Oh yea, the game has gotten stale long ago -.-
It would help if some event missions stayed, but like you said with out
thats events bonus and such. Just something new...anything D:
and ST sure does like to recycle stuff. I noticed iirc a portion of Caves of Ice is a direct copy off the Motabb 1-cup mission.

The 1UP mission on Moatoob used parts of another Moatoob mission, so Caves of Ice isn't a reskin of 1UP but rather just a reskin of moatoob:<

desturel
Apr 7, 2008, 02:51 PM
On 2008-04-07 12:30, Darius_Drake wrote:

On 2008-04-07 11:53, WhiteKnight01 wrote:

I wouldn't say everyone complained about the winter event. It was more so the vets that struggled getting their characters up to a higher level that were complaining.

The main problem with the extra week of Winter Event is because the Winter Event had the old version 1 drop rates (I.E. nothing dropped) where as the PC servers got the updated drop rate and were finding things much quicker than the people who were churning away in Winter Event. It's pretty disheartening to run a winter event map 50+ times looking for the Kan Yu to drop from either Lutus Jigga or the DeRagan route while the people on the PC servers were able to find it in Plains Overload in 10 runs or less. Not to mention the "double boss boxes" weren't actually double since most of the time it was half of one bosses items and the other half for the other bosses items. Double bosses double boxes just meant double the shock resist double the burn resist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2008-04-07 12:36, beatrixkiddo wrote:
The 1UP mission on Moatoob used parts of another Moatoob mission, so Caves of Ice isn't a reskin of 1UP but rather just a reskin of moatoob:<

The caves of ice map where you run down and the path splits left and right where you have to grab the two keys. This is identical to the 1up cup map where you had to stand on the switch, one person would go left and stand on the buttons for the pounder while the other person would go right and kill the creatures and check for the rappy. Then head back up the walk to do the "Friendship check". The main differences are that the room on the right isn't dark. You can't walk through the rock in the back to check for rappy. There are no pounders or traps on the floor to get you stuck and you don't have to do that stupid friendship walk (or run)... well that and the creatures are different.

SStrikerR
Apr 7, 2008, 02:55 PM
^ You mean 1 run for the kan yu right?

/bad joke/bragging

Rayokarna
Apr 7, 2008, 03:38 PM
On 2008-04-07 12:55, Ryan113 wrote:
^ You mean 1 run for the kan yu right?

/bad joke/bragging

You had help lmao.

pikachief
Apr 7, 2008, 05:46 PM
All i want is them to bring back the moatoob firebreak mission D:

Kelvie
Apr 7, 2008, 05:48 PM
A minority of missions apart (such as HSM, or Bruce), all the interesting missions, aka the one that are more than dumb monster mashing, are events. :/

I would really enjoy the game a lot more if they were more "event-like" missions available permanently, so I can enjoy doing something else than hurting the attack buttons while fighting boredom more than the ennemies themselves.
I miss old PSO challenges and funny missions. >_>