PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Is PSU worth it?

distortionIX
Apr 6, 2008, 07:52 PM
Honestly, is it worth it playing PSU? I'm playing the demo on my Xbox 360 at the moment but I'd rather play the PC version. I'm liking what I've played so far. I currently play WoW and PSOBB on a private server since the official ones went down. I never played PSO online until now and I'm liking that too. So, yes or no?

RemiusTA
Apr 6, 2008, 07:54 PM
Yep. Just run around the servers complaning that the game isnt a mirror image of PSO

SStrikerR
Apr 6, 2008, 08:16 PM
Ignore Remius, yes, it's worth it. But just so you know the only people who go around selling things online is the demo of the 360, anywhere else you're safe from that crap.
And hey if you do come on pc pm me and we can meet sometime, I'll give you some start up gear/meseta and stuff like that =D

(hurry up though because an event's coming up and it'll have exp bonuses and such so you'll level a lot faster, I'll help you with it, maybe I can get you to around level 40-60.

distortionIX
Apr 6, 2008, 08:32 PM
That'd be tightttt. I'll try and get it soon if I can get some money. Might sell some games to get it. And the 360 demo is kind of annoying when you're in the lobbies. People wanting my n00dz and stuff. haha.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 6, 2008, 08:36 PM
If you like PSO (for the general aspects of the gameplay), they chances are you'd like PSU even more.

Some people will say otherwise, but they're just wrong.

SStrikerR
Apr 6, 2008, 08:45 PM
On 2008-04-06 18:32, distortionIX wrote:
That'd be tightttt. I'll try and get it soon if I can get some money. Might sell some games to get it. And the 360 demo is kind of annoying when you're in the lobbies. People wanting my n00dz and stuff. haha.

Yeah, that's what I was talkin about. And remember to go online on any version that ISNT the demo you have to pay a 10$ monthly fee.

distortionIX
Apr 7, 2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah I know that. I was looking at my shitty computer specs and my graphics card can't run the expansion but it can run PSU itself. My hard drive is almost full too which kinda sucks. It looks like I'll be waiting until I can find a spare, better graphics card from my friend and a new hard drive for my music. :/

Edit: The 360, PS2, and PC aren't combined, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: distortionIX on 2008-04-07 16:31 ]</font>

Dhylec
Apr 7, 2008, 06:32 PM
PC & PS2 are on the same servers. 360 on separate servers.

Dragwind
Apr 7, 2008, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't judge the game by the 360 demo server, thats just filled with spammers.

If you liked that, you'll love the full version.

Anyways, my recommendation is yes, get it.

F-Gattaca
Apr 7, 2008, 06:45 PM
I'd say PSU is very worth it--and as far as computers go, my computer originally had a Radeon 9800 PRO and 1.6 ghz CPU (Athon XP). Oh, and 1 GB of RAM. I had to run the game with frameskip to make it playable, but for the most part slowdown was not an issue (except for cases like, say, Firebreak).

A lot more people seem to be on the 360 servers than the PC/PS2 ones (at least, outside of Japan). Right now the only PC/PS2 universe that is noticably populated is Uni 02, and it sees two and a half stars at prime time. However, I think it might be more of a case that everyone's spread out. Not sure, but after the Winter Event ended and FoI/Boost Road came out, it seems everyone split off into various universes. Since a full star is something like 100-200 people, it's possible the four/five hundred extra people that used to be on PC/PS2's Uni 02 just spread out across the other 17 universes.

Kumlekar
Apr 8, 2008, 12:17 AM
the online is awesome, single player is pretty boring. I say its definatly worth it, though remember that the PC/PS2 and Xbox are seperate servers.

Powder Keg
Apr 8, 2008, 12:28 AM
Don't listen to any kind of controversial PSO/PSU or problem this problem that post. Just get the game..you will enjoy it.

F-Gattaca
Apr 8, 2008, 05:03 AM
On 2008-04-07 22:17, Kumlekar wrote:
the online is awesome, single player is pretty boring. I say its definatly worth it, though remember that the PC/PS2 and Xbox are seperate servers.

Would you believe that, despite having bumrushed to complete the offline story mode last year so I could look at the PSO clothes, I'm playing Story Mode again at my leisure?

I can't understand it myself! I usually hate single player grinding in MMOs, and yet I've found myself drawn to dabbling with offline mode. Not even any NPCs in my Free Mission parties.

distortionIX
Apr 9, 2008, 07:52 PM
It's mainly that my hard drive is full with music and I don't want to get rid of it. I may end up getting the Xbox version so I don't have to worry about computer specs. Are the Xbox servers that different than PC/PS2 minus the population of each?

DEM_CIG
Apr 9, 2008, 07:56 PM
Probly not the only real difference is just the population, 360 has like 2 or 3 times more people.

Noblewine
Apr 9, 2008, 07:58 PM
I suppose though you can always find another game to play when you're tired of PSU.

distortionIX
Apr 10, 2008, 10:32 PM
Well, I play WoW for cheap anyways but I got 70 and got bored. So I might play PSU for awhile if I can get my other friends to come.

Katrina
Apr 10, 2008, 10:39 PM
PSU is rather limited content wise compared to WoW, but very good if you enjoy the casual online RPG thing.