PDA

View Full Version : What do the ID's mean in Xbox?

Achaiah191
Apr 6, 2008, 09:16 PM
Does that mean how many players there are? So if its in the 80,000's does that mean there are 80,000 characters or 80,000 players?

Phantomface
Apr 6, 2008, 09:22 PM
each ID corresponds to an XBL account, even if you have 4 characters they all have the same ID. as for the #, it shows what # you are in relation to how many ppl have signed on. for example, if your ID was 30006064, you were the 6064th player to register for the game (me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

bp_shoruko
Apr 6, 2008, 11:15 PM
It means 80k players have registered altogether. Of course, there isn't actually 80,000 players on psu 360...there's only about 30k-ish active players on. 80k is just how many total players have registered.

R2D6battlebot
Apr 7, 2008, 12:13 AM
On 2008-04-06 21:15, bp_shoruko wrote:
...there's only about 30k-ish active players on.

That is definitely not accurate. Each star in a Universe I was pretty sure represented 200 players. At peak hours we have usually 2 full universes, with close to the third one full, so lets say with all the players on random universes, even at peak hours we only have like 3000 people on at a time. I would go so far as to say that we only have MAYBE 6k people who regularly play the game. This is all of course if like I think each star represents 200 players.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 7, 2008, 12:20 AM
On 2008-04-06 22:13, R2D6battlebot wrote:

On 2008-04-06 21:15, bp_shoruko wrote:
...there's only about 30k-ish active players on.

This is all of course if like I think each star represents 200 players.

I'm pretty sure you're right about that.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 7, 2008, 03:36 AM
No, we have much more than 6000 players with active accounts. Thirty thousand is pushing it, but there are probably a good 20,000 active accounts with people not playing every day, playing for a few hours, and logging on at different times for varying hours.

XinLing
Apr 7, 2008, 05:04 AM
me, i was lucky enough to get number 68666 in x box eu id number...
[ yes, i know it may seem controversial, but suits me just fine... ]

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 7, 2008, 07:37 AM
On 2008-04-07 03:04, XinLing wrote:
me, i was lucky enough to get number 68666 in x box eu id number...
[ yes, i know it may seem controversial, but suits me just fine... ]

I played with a guy who was 30077777 before. That was pretty cool.

XinLing
Apr 7, 2008, 07:46 AM
back before i transferred to x box, i was in the first 1500 over the ps2 side...
[ though thats another story, perhaps for another time... ]

Rashiid
Apr 7, 2008, 08:33 AM
Lower the number, bigger the epeen.

pikachief
Apr 7, 2008, 09:23 AM
i knew #51 for a while. then of course i thought he quit, then my friend messaged me that he had just been in the shop o a guy with the number 51 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

IceBeam
Apr 7, 2008, 09:24 AM
This topic is not special at all. i am just wondering if there are any other 1-150 ID # still playing this game.
Im on Xbox 360 i am number 124 or 125 cant remember but everyone who happens to join my party seems to make it seem like thats a-f'in mazing. so to make it short just want to know Your ID #'s if you still play?

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 09:32 AM
Having a low number kinda sucks sometimes. It attracts a lot of unwanted attention.

IceBeam
Apr 7, 2008, 09:34 AM
Low number do suck at times. im 124 or 125 and i get unwanted attention all the time. lol i didnt know there was a post about this already..

DEM_CIG
Apr 7, 2008, 09:35 AM
mine is like 54283. i have a friend who has a pretty low number like maybe 250 something, I am not sure though.

pikachief
Apr 7, 2008, 09:36 AM
my friends number is in the 400's, mine would've been low but my gamestop had a shipment delay for 3 days! D:

Mr_Confused
Apr 7, 2008, 11:47 AM
mines at 10k because stupid best buy didnt get it in for two weeks after release here.

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 11:57 AM
I think at least 7 thousand joined the very first day. I have a number in the 6 thousands and I joined the very first evening it was available, in the U.S.

Oddly enough, my number never attracted any kind of attention. I wouldn't even know people checked numbers if it wasn't for this forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-07 09:58 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Apr 7, 2008, 12:26 PM
I know a 27 a 69 and a few others under 100. myself, I'm in the 3000 range. yeah I had to work the first day... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 12:32 PM
I'm 79 and I still play, 360 servers.

WB Theory, we gotta run some time.

desturel
Apr 7, 2008, 12:42 PM
On 2008-04-07 09:57, Akaimizu wrote:
Oddly enough, my number never attracted any kind of attention. I wouldn't even know people checked numbers if it wasn't for this forum.

People started checking numbers after it became easier to level. A certain beast fortefighter friend of ours refuses to party with anyone with a server number 70k or higher for party missions unless they have some 30+ level photon arts. >.>

I tell him that there's bad players with low server numbers as well, but he says they are less common. Of course I pointed out that when doing HSM S a few days ago we grabbed a random person with server number 30k and he shot the top button in the olgohmon room getting himself killed before even 2 mins had passed. Meanwhile a level 100 with a server number around 75k did the run with us no problem after that and we cleared it with time to spare.

Sekani
Apr 7, 2008, 01:06 PM
No one (except console war fanboys) really cared about ID numbers until around Firebreak, when people started complaining about noobs with S-ranks out the wazoo. Anyone with an ID number over 40,000 may have probably caught a little hell since then.

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 01:38 PM
On 2008-04-07 10:42, desturel wrote:
I tell him that there's bad players with low server numbers as well, but he says they are less common. Of course I pointed out that when doing HSM S a few days ago we grabbed a random person with server number 30k and he shot the top button in the olgohmon room getting himself killed before even 2 mins had passed.

Well, that's a mistake plenty of people can make if they somehow forgot the mission. (Plenty of folks barely touched that mission past the first weekend or so after it launched.) However, you already told me the full story on this person, and he did claim to know that map back and forth before he did such a thing. That was a true case of foot in mouth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 7, 2008, 01:52 PM
Never once have I ever seen a PC/PS2 player mention ID numbers in any way, either in game or on the forums. I'm not insinuating anything at all about either community, I just find it curious that this seems to be a universal experience on the 360 side while it never happens on our side.

inb4"it'sbecauseyouonlyhave5players"

trucido
Apr 7, 2008, 02:47 PM
The lower number doesn't mean that much because it all depended on what time zone u were in and how fast u were able to log on and creat an account. i bought the game on release day and registered right after and im #2034 or something so if u are lower you have nothing really to brag about.

so really the first couple thousand players started on day one..

mvffin
Apr 7, 2008, 02:51 PM
ID =/= Skill.
Level =/= Skill.
PA lvl =/= Skill.
Equipment =/= Skill.

basically trial and error is the only true way to see who sucks and who doesn't.

Sekani
Apr 7, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-04-07 12:51, mvffin wrote:
PA lvl =/= Skill.

I have to disagree with this one. I know you've seen the hundreds of characters who are level 100 with only two Photon Arts over level 5. You're going to have a very hard time convincing me that they're competent players.

If on the other hand you meant that a character with a zillion level 40 PAs isn't necessarily "the man", then I have to agree with you.

Atomic646
Apr 7, 2008, 10:39 PM
I know alot people in the 1000's and like 3 in the 500's and below. me 72,000's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

desturel
Apr 8, 2008, 08:49 AM
On 2008-04-07 11:38, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2008-04-07 10:42, desturel wrote:
I tell him that there's bad players with low server numbers as well, but he says they are less common. Of course I pointed out that when doing HSM S a few days ago we grabbed a random person with server number 30k and he shot the top button in the olgohmon room getting himself killed before even 2 mins had passed.

Well, that's a mistake plenty of people can make if they somehow forgot the mission.

It gets even better though. Ask Vanessa. Basically the sequence went:
"hmm, want to try HSM S"
"Well I don't really like HSM, but we can try it, but we only have three people."
"We can just grab someone"
"okay"

random person in lobby "Need party for S rank. I know the map"

"I guess we can grab him"

Mission start.
Kill Ageeta.

Me - "I'll get the switches"
Random guy runs into switch room.
Me - "Nevermind, I guess he'll get the switches"
Random guy shoots top button first.
Me - http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
Random guy - Oh Noes!
Me - http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif "Come to the door, I have resta!"
Random guy - Frozen all the way across the map
Random guy - Dies.
Me - http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Random guy - "Don't boot me!"

After that we start over again (with me handling the switches), but Vanessa lags out on the second block so Mission Failed. Random guy is upset that Vanessa left party and leaves party.

I laugh some more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif "I know the map" indeed.

Rashiid
Apr 8, 2008, 08:58 AM
On 2008-04-07 12:47, trucido wrote:
The lower number doesn't mean that much because it all depended on what time zone u were in and how fast u were able to log on and creat an account. i bought the game on release day and registered right after and im #2034 or something so if u are lower you have nothing really to brag about.

so really the first couple thousand players started on day one..

Nonsense. My number is lower than yours, so I'm clearly better than you. N00b.

Fox_Makenshi
Apr 8, 2008, 09:04 AM
I was like 801 on the PS2/PC but I switched to 360. I dunno what my number is, I never bothered to check since I know it's nothing special http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Akaimizu
Apr 8, 2008, 10:08 AM
On 2008-04-08 06:49, desturel wrote:
[
I laugh some more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif "I know the map" indeed.

Yes. You told me that, already. Thus my post mentioned that he had a case of true Foot in Mouth due to him saying he knew that map well.

Poncho_Jr
Apr 8, 2008, 10:52 AM
On 2008-04-07 06:33, Rashiid wrote:
Lower the number, bigger the epeen.

This is a lie. XD

Mazoku
Apr 8, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm number 570-something. I just started playing again recently. Coming back after so long ago when no one really cared, I'm surprised at how many people comment on my number. I made my account around noonish on launch day.

ThePendragon
Apr 8, 2008, 06:15 PM
I thought it was 1000 people per universe, not 200 . . .

mvffin
Apr 8, 2008, 10:51 PM
On 2008-04-07 13:08, Sekani wrote:

On 2008-04-07 12:51, mvffin wrote:
PA lvl =/= Skill.

I have to disagree with this one. I know you've seen the hundreds of characters who are level 100 with only two Photon Arts over level 5. You're going to have a very hard time convincing me that they're competent players.

If on the other hand you meant that a character with a zillion level 40 PAs isn't necessarily "the man", then I have to agree with you.

it COULD be an indication, but I was thinking more of AFK levelers and one-skill spammers. I saw one guy with Rising Strike 30ish and almost nothing else. same with chikki/majarra onry guys. I've seen many people with many 31+ PA's get killed on easy areas.

ogrizzle
Apr 8, 2008, 10:55 PM
I can't see how someone can only use 1 PA. To me that would get SOO boring. Rainbow pallets get old really fast. I just have a bunch of random weapons that i like to use. All of the weapons i use have 1-2 PA's over 21. And my highest lvl is an 86.

Legendria
Apr 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
On 2008-04-07 07:24, IceBeam wrote:
This topic is not special at all. i am just wondering if there are any other 1-150 ID # still playing this game.
Im on Xbox 360 i am number 124 or 125 cant remember but everyone who happens to join my party seems to make it seem like thats a-f'in mazing. so to make it short just want to know Your ID #'s if you still play?

I was in the house with GURU while he was in your party looking for FoI. I was like "Cool, 12x ID".

Mine is like 67808, right in the middle of 1up.

NPCMook
Apr 9, 2008, 12:03 AM
I once had someone tell me that the numbers were not in order, I laughed and went on my merry little way

desturel
Apr 9, 2008, 08:39 AM
On 2008-04-08 20:55, ogrizzle wrote:
I can't see how someone can only use 1 PA. To me that would get SOO boring. Rainbow pallets get old really fast.

Well, you could make it interesting. A random Cast FF 15 joined my party one time with a pallet of nothing but slicers and spears... the catch was that they had a giga/bullet on their arm slot, no handgun, no Chikki, no Choutou, no Robado, no Majarra, no Daggas.

I actually did two runs with them before I figured out they weren't using any PA arts, so I asked them why. "Because I don't have any more PA room". That's the way to keep things fresh I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(BTW, of their photon arts, only gravity dance was 31. All other PAs were in the single digits except for mechguns which were around 20 with one level 30 bullet. So there was no reason they couldn't have removed their level 1 rifle bullets from their pallet and put on Chikki and Majarra.)