PDA

View Full Version : Would you give it back??

Chris28
Apr 6, 2008, 09:19 PM
If somebody messes up in their shop and sell an item for 2 mil meseta when they meant for it to be sold for 20 mil, and you bought the item and they asked for it back, would you be nice and give it back or say to them too bad, youre mistake?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinow on 2008-04-06 19:19 ]</font>

soikutso
Apr 6, 2008, 09:25 PM
i would give it back cuy the same happened to me, i sold svaltus sword for 300k and i meant 3mill, so i asked back for it and he said no, so i got pissed

beatrixkiddo
Apr 6, 2008, 09:26 PM
Probably, since it's happened to me.

Zorafim
Apr 6, 2008, 09:32 PM
I'd probably keep it. If you sell an item that valuable, you may as well check to see and make sure that you're selling it correctly. It isn't that hard to do, with this game's shop system.

Xaeris
Apr 6, 2008, 09:41 PM
Depends how they asked. If they asked nicely, like, "Oh crap, that was a mistake, can I get that back?" then sure; I'm not a douche. Now, if they point profanities my way, then lulz, no.

Yunfa
Apr 6, 2008, 09:44 PM
No, because its happened with me twice, shit they even blacklisted me when I asked politely. I say, an eye for an eye...the American way! Heh heh

DEM_CIG
Apr 6, 2008, 09:46 PM
I would give it back if i knew them, but if i didnt no them then i most likely would not.

McLaughlin
Apr 6, 2008, 10:03 PM
I've given things back under those kinds of circumstances. I'd hope someone would do the same if it happened to me.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 6, 2008, 10:13 PM
I probably would. I've done it once before. This guy meant to sell a 7/10 Arb Biso for 5mil, and i bought it for 500K. I actually put a message on his room's board, asking if he made a mistake. It took a while, but i finally got it back to him.

Shinko
Apr 6, 2008, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry but i wouldn't because if it happen to me i know most likely they wouldn't

......especially if i really needed it

Kion
Apr 6, 2008, 10:44 PM
On 2008-04-06 19:32, Zorafim wrote:
I'd probably keep it. If you sell an item that valuable, you may as well check to see and make sure that you're selling it correctly. It isn't that hard to do, with this game's shop system.

Agreed. If it's really a valuable item, then you shouldn't make stupid mistakes like that. I generally, Set, check, re-check, leave room, get nervous, and then recheck.

Also alot of people over price. Just because something is set high, doesn't mean it will sell.

darkante
Apr 6, 2008, 10:52 PM
Well yeah unless the person can convince me well, i probably just keep the item.
Their fault for not checking prizes correctly really.

Jakosifer
Apr 6, 2008, 11:01 PM
No.

Chris28
Apr 6, 2008, 11:10 PM
well the point of this topic is...i bought a serafi-senba board for 1.9 mil today. I guess the guy meant to sell for 19 mil. He asked for it back and I said no. His fault and a win for me!

mvffin
Apr 6, 2008, 11:15 PM
when you put important things up in your shop, its your fault for not knowing how to count zeros. I've done it myself, and kicked myself in the ass for it, but I would never think of asking for it back. I just buy someone else's mistake price, and it all works out in the end.

DoubleJG
Apr 6, 2008, 11:23 PM
I would. I actually put an item up in my shop awhile back for 500k instead of 5mil. The customer thought that I made a typo, bought it, and left me a bulletin asking if it was a mistake.

We later met up, exchanged partner cards, fixed the transaction and went on our ways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. So, because of that, I definitely would do the same if it ever happened to someone else that I bought an item from.

BFGfreak
Apr 6, 2008, 11:26 PM
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SETING SOMETHING IN THE MIL RANGE WHEN YOU YOU MEANT TO PUT IT IN THE TEN MIL RANGE!!!!! Seriously, you put the price all the way to the end, there are absouluty NO zeros to the left of your numbers!

dc534
Apr 6, 2008, 11:34 PM
My friend bought about 2-3 months ago one of two kazarods on the market for 7.5 mil, it was 8-8 and the other one that was for sale was 0-10 and was selling for 75 mil. I dont know what he did if he gave it back or not, knowing him he did not. Me personally would ask for a discount on that particular item I bought, I would say well your mistake so make it 50 % off of what you were going to charge, we all make mistakes and guess what we all have to pay for them. I myself sold off stuff I ment to charge more money for but usually I am very careful and lock the room before anything gets put up for sale.

Reginaldo
Apr 6, 2008, 11:40 PM
Hah, I love seeing mistakes like that!

When 9* weapons came out I priced a 44% Muktrand for 1.5 mil instead of 15 mil.

I've bought some mistakenly priced items before, but the shop owner has never been in there when I've done so. If it was a friend, I'd buy it and mail them about it so they could price it properly.

steely
Apr 6, 2008, 11:44 PM
back in the olden times of psu when 6* items were rare i accidentally sold my gigaline for 5k insted of 50. it took a long while to recover from that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: steely on 2008-04-06 21:44 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Apr 7, 2008, 12:10 AM
If the missed a zero in the price, you paid 1/10 of what they were gonna sell it for. So I'd tell them I'd give it to them for twice what I paid for it, win/win.

LanVanDam13
Apr 7, 2008, 03:01 AM
naw buddy if u loafed and put the wrong price thats your fault move on

Zael
Apr 7, 2008, 03:08 AM
"What? I don't have it."

EMPYREAN
Apr 7, 2008, 03:15 AM
hell no. not my fault that some1 sets one 0 less than it should be.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 06:21 AM
Man...there are a lot of assholes on this board. The world would be a better place if you just help people out a little. Give the item back, and maybe ask them to cut you a deal on something in the future.

Emblem00
Apr 7, 2008, 07:07 AM
And this is why psu is fill with dicks half the time.

Follisimo
Apr 7, 2008, 07:18 AM
On 2008-04-07 04:21, amtalx wrote:
Man...there are a lot of assholes on this board. The world would be a better place if you just help people out a little. Give the item back, and maybe ask them to cut you a deal on something in the future.

Well even if they just agree to cut you a deal later then who is to say they actually would?

Seriously people if you are so retarded you can't price your items right then you deserve to lose them for the price you put them at. It's your fault and your fault alone for not checking the price and counting your 0's.

As for people saying it's a dick move on keeping the item well then I guess if you are the person who mispriced the item that makes you a P**** cause you just got F*****! Learn to price things morons.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 7, 2008, 07:42 AM
At least you didn't sell an Agito Repca 5/10 for 3.9 mil instead of 39 mil.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 07:46 AM
On 2008-04-07 05:18, Follisimo wrote:

Well even if they just agree to cut you a deal later then who is to say they actually would?

Seriously people if you are so retarded you can't price your items right then you deserve to lose them for the price you put them at. It's your fault and your fault alone for not checking the price and counting your 0's.

As for people saying it's a dick move on keeping the item well then I guess if you are the person who mispriced the item that makes you a P**** cause you just got F*****! Learn to price things morons.

Why do you have to get something out of it? What ever happened to doing something nice because you would want the same if you were in that situation? Who knows, you might make a friend.

I guess that means you've never made a mistake in any aspect of your life...ever. And while you were busy never making a mistake, you didn't want someone to give you a hand afterwards.

While you shouldn't expect someone to help you out in the event that you make a mistake, it creates a better community when they do. Its a sense of greed and people like you that are the source of a lot of the negativity around PSU. I hope you don't apply that "HAHAHA UR MISTAKE, FUX U!" attitude to the rest of your life. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

KiteWolfwood
Apr 7, 2008, 07:58 AM
Naw I wouldn't it was his mistake. Sure if the same thing happened to me I would be mad as hell but in the end it was my fault so I got no excuses.

Follisimo
Apr 7, 2008, 08:05 AM
On 2008-04-07 05:46, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-04-07 05:18, Follisimo wrote:

Why do you have to get something out of it? What ever happened to doing something nice because you would want the same if you were in that situation? Who knows, you might make a friend.

I guess that means you've never made a mistake in any aspect of your life...ever. And while you were busy never making a mistake, you didn't want someone to give you a hand afterwards.

While you shouldn't expect someone to help you out in the event that you make a mistake, it creates a better community when they do. Its a sense of greed and people like you that are the source of a lot of the negativity around PSU. I hope you don't apply that "HAHAHA UR MISTAKE, FUX U!" attitude to the rest of your life. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Oh cry me a river. Majority already said they would have kept it cause of a stupid mistake. When you make mistakes in real life buddy boy you don't always get a 2nd chance. When it comes to something like numbers then I doubt you get a 2nd chance in real life. You really think of someone went to court over a paper they mistyped the amount and someone took the offer for let's say $1,000usd instead of $10,000usd? The courts wouldn't do a damn thing cause the person who made the mistake surely didn't care too much about what they were selling.

Dragon_Knight
Apr 7, 2008, 08:11 AM
I had someone come to me once and said they had sold me the item for far to low...he asked for it back politely.....however when we met for the exchange he didn't want to give me my money back (he put it up at first then took it off about the time I added the item to the mix)....so I canceled the trade and walked away.

darkante
Apr 7, 2008, 08:16 AM
On 2008-04-07 06:11, Dragon_Knight wrote:
I had someone come to me once and said they had sold me the item for far to low...he asked for it back politely.....however when we met for the exchange he didn't want to give me my money back (he put it up at first then took it off about the time I added the item to the mix)....so I canceled the trade and walked away.

Lol he tried to steal from you when you tried to be nice?
What a scum.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 08:20 AM
On 2008-04-07 06:05, Follisimo wrote:
Oh cry me a river. Majority already said they would have kept it cause of a stupid mistake. When you make mistakes in real life buddy boy you don't always get a 2nd chance. When it comes to something like numbers then I doubt you get a 2nd chance in real life. You really think of someone went to court over a paper they mistyped the amount and someone took the offer for let's say $1,000usd instead of $10,000usd? The courts wouldn't do a damn thing cause the person who made the mistake surely didn't care too much about what they were selling.

Of course its a stupid mistake, it just seems like everyone is really concerned about #1 (themself). It's a game, it supposed to be fun and has no bearing on real life. If you screw up and die in PSU, oh noes Scape Doll. Reality isn't quite so forgiving. The thing that intruiges me the most is how defensive people get when someone brings up altruism.

KiteWolfwood
Apr 7, 2008, 08:20 AM
Also at amtalx. Look its not about being or not being an asshole. This is life, sometimes you just gotta accept your mistakes and move on. If you think that someone is an asshole just because they benefit from some other persons mistakes then you are going to be really really disappointed in humanity when you get out on your own and really experience the thing called Life.

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 08:23 AM
*agrees with follisimo*

I mean which is worse? The person who capitalizes on a mispriced item, or the dufus that prices it one or 2 zero's short? Really, you have 100% total control over what's being priced in your shop. If you don't take the time to review your priced items before selling, well, that's just not smart gaming. Personally, if I'm restocking, I'll lock my room, price all my stuff, and review my prices (as if I was a customer) once everything has been set. How long does that take to do? Less than five minutes? And you're telling me that the people that buy your mispriced items are the asshats? Seriously, take the time to review your items and I guarantee you will NEVER MISPRICE ANYTHING. I've played since launch and have yet to do so.

On another note I did buy a serafi senba board from someone's shop at 100k on pc/ps2 servers about a week ago. Not exactly sure on what they were trying to price it as since even a mil or 10 mil would have been extremely cheap for pc/ps2 and I still would have bought. Still, no reason I should refund anything when I made no mistake or tried hustling anyone. I merely bought the item for the price they were asking. Spend more time reviewing your products, people.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 08:31 AM
On 2008-04-07 06:20, KiteWolfwood wrote:
Also at amtalx. Look its not about being or not being an asshole. This is life, sometimes you just gotta accept your mistakes and move on. If you think that someone is an asshole just because they benefit from some other persons mistakes then you are going to be really really disappointed in humanity when you get out on your own and really experience the thing called Life.

Fear not, I've seen enough of human nature in my many years. Shit happens, I know that better than most, but its people's attitudes that are interesting to me. Anonymity does a lot to make people act like dicks. I'm willing to bet if a transaction like this went down face to face, a lot less people would be so bold.

Rashiid
Apr 7, 2008, 08:35 AM
Who would sit in the shop for that long?

If I knew something was worth 99mil, and someone had it for 9,999,999, I would snag it and run.
Who really would still be in there???

Edit: And like someone said before, there's no excuse.
Clearly something 10mil+ means that the number to your far left is where you start.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2008-04-07 06:36 ]</font>

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 09:05 AM
On 2008-04-07 06:31, amtalx wrote:
I'm willing to bet if a transaction like this went down face to face, a lot less people would be so bold.

You've got to be kidding me. It's even worse in real life, due to this thing called "false advertising". Any retailer will tell you if they misprint something at a lower price and it goes unnoticed until it hits the public, they are 100% liable for it, and the prices (usually for the first few customers that spot it, and they are able to correct the print) have to be valid. Otherwise lawsuits can be pressed on the company. It's the same mistake, and there's your real life example. The people setting the price are liable.

Thela
Apr 7, 2008, 09:08 AM
If they ask nicely and the item was obviously underpriced, I see no reason why I shouldn't give it back.

If they get uppity about it they can piss off.

chu-chu-chu
Apr 7, 2008, 09:19 AM
On 2008-04-07 06:35, Rashiid wrote:

If I knew something was worth 99mil, and someone had it for 9,999,999, I would snag it and run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2008-04-07 06:36 ]</font>
Of course you would. That's why you don't have friends.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 09:20 AM
On 2008-04-07 07:05, Cracka_J wrote:

On 2008-04-07 06:31, amtalx wrote:
I'm willing to bet if a transaction like this went down face to face, a lot less people would be so bold.

You've got to be kidding me. It's even worse in real life, due to this thing called "false advertising". Any retailer will tell you if they misprint something at a lower price and it goes unnoticed until it hits the public, they are 100% liable for it, and the prices (usually for the first few customers that spot it, and they are able to correct the print) have to be valid. Otherwise lawsuits can be pressed on the company. It's the same mistake, and there's your real life example. The people setting the price are liable.

The legal ramifications of false advertising are to protect the public, not ensure that merchandise is always sold at the listed price without any recourse. I was talking more about a person to person transaction where the guy that made the mistake might just be the kind of person to lay you out if you don't even the trade, haha.

panzer_unit
Apr 7, 2008, 09:35 AM
You can tell the people who grew up on videogames tho because they expect real life to be Nintendo Hard. Filing for a loan, getting on an airplane... it's not that bad. Maybe it's actually like that when you try and act like an Internet Tough Guy face-to-face.

chu-chu-chu
Apr 7, 2008, 09:36 AM
You might as well try to explain it to a brick wall, amtalx.

There are people for whom items and deals in this game are more important to them than being decent. End of story.

pikachief
Apr 7, 2008, 09:38 AM
i'd buy it and RUN lol.

If he asks for it back i would say.... uuhhh ssssuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeee...... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and slowly and sadly open the trade window lol

IceBeam
Apr 7, 2008, 09:39 AM
lol i would not give it back and never have. lol thats how i got my degahanna cannon for 2 mil when they where worth at least 20mil. the guy followed me 2 my room and keep talk bs and beggin for it even when people came in to buy stuff. lol i also got a 15 agito edge of a guy for 20k each not 2 long ago to make my agito repca 5/9 36% ice. but maybe he notice the wrong price 2 late. but i feel we all make mistakes so people need to learn from them and double check there stuff or beware

Zarode
Apr 7, 2008, 09:52 AM
Nope. Le jerk never gives le nice. :v

Plus, I never had this happen to me, so sucks to be yall, who can't count. :v :v :v

HMGHeavyC
Apr 7, 2008, 10:01 AM
Some of you people are pathetic. For starters this is Just a game so quit comparing it to real life. Second yes people do make mistakes, and they should learn from them, but I've noticed that you people just bash the ones who do make mistakes. Calling them retards and other juvenile stuff. They already feel bad enough that they made the mistake in the first place. Personally if I found an item that was under priced like that I would only buy it if the person was not in their room. If they were there I would point out their mistake to them and have them correct it. If they weren't there then someone else would eventually buy it so I might as well profit from the situation. But in all honesty the way the economy is in the game right now at least on the 360 servers, losing 3 or 4 mil is nothing to make up but a few days at white beast.

jayster
Apr 7, 2008, 10:03 AM
happened to me back in the day. Sold a blackbull for 1.8 million instead of 18 million. I asked the guy very nicely and even offered more money than he bought it for and he told me, "You're lucky I bought that piece of crap, it's not even worth what I buoght it for. "

People are greedy. Personally, I'd give the item back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2008-04-07 08:04 ]</font>

HMGHeavyC
Apr 7, 2008, 10:12 AM
Something similar happened to me as well but with a few different circumstances. I had a friend give me enough money to buy some deathmakers for him back when they were worth around 350k. Well I had them and being as we were working from the same console and we couldn't trade them I had to put them in my shop for him. So I locked my room and put them in my shop for 1 meseta. As soon as I put them up in my shop someone came in my room and bought them (while my shop was LOCKED!) I asked him nicely to give them back and he was just a complete and udder douche about it. I followed him to his room and tried to appeal to him. He wouldn't have it. My friend was upset and I was completely pissed. I ended up doing Her Secret Mission like 35 times in one night to buy some more for him. If my room wasn't locked I wouldn't have made such a deal about it. My mistake.. But I figured locking my room should have stopped this situation before it even happened.

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 10:16 AM
Here's the THING. YOU guys know that when someone makes a mistake pricing IT'S NOT THEIR FUALT. What I mean by this is the flaw is not the user/shopkeeper, the flaw is in the game design. so you ask "why is it sega's fault, the idiots are the ones putting their items at dumb prices?... WELL, let me tell you. The core reason why people mis-price items is because the mestea number counter does not have decimals. THIS IS A GAME FLAW. Just because an item is mispriced doesn't mean the user is at all stupid or unintellagent, YES they should of double checked, but the point is IT"S CONFUSING FOR EVERYONE. Thus, a problem of visual misinterpratation only truly solved by sega adding some indication of zero spacing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-04-07 08:17 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Apr 7, 2008, 10:25 AM
On 2008-04-07 08:16, Andy1423 wrote:
Here's the THING. YOU guys know that when someone makes a mistake pricing IT'S NOT THEIR FUALT. What I mean by this is the flaw is not the user/shopkeeper, the flaw is in the game design. so you ask "why is it sega's fault, the idiots are the ones putting their items at dumb prices?... WELL, let me tell you. The core reason why people mis-price items is because the mestea number counter does not have decimals. THIS IS A GAME FLAW. Just because an item is mispriced doesn't mean the user is at all stupid or unintellagent, YES they should of double checked, but the point is IT"S CONFUSING FOR EVERYONE. Thus, a problem of visual misinterpratation only truly solved by sega adding some indication of zero spacing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-04-07 08:17 ]</font>

Or commas for us in the US. Agreed with your post, but it's still not extremely confusing.

Regardless, I have given things back to people before. Not only would I regularly do that, but my brother mispriced his fuka-misaki for 500k instead of 5mil when they were going for a lot mid-last-year.

panzer_unit
Apr 7, 2008, 10:28 AM
On 2008-04-07 08:16, Andy1423 wrote:

In terms of getting confused on what price you're setting (especially ten-millions vs millions) I really don't think there's any excuse for screwing up. When setting prices, the price selector always has the maximum number of digits:
The farthest-left digit is TEN MILLIONS.
One leading zero is MILLIONS.

Whether or not people should be forced to live with mistakes on the prices they set, it sure as hell isn't Sega's problem for making the money values hard to set accurately... most people can see the difference between all the way left and one zero to start, right?

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 10:36 AM
This is really bad. Saying that the people that buy mispriced items aren't decent human beings?
Idiotic. The people saying this stuff are the same people who didn't and probably still won't take the time to price and check their items. Stop being bitter, come to terms that you made a mistake, and play smart in the future. How can you call someone not a decent human being when YOU made the mistake in the first place, and now want compensation for YOUR MISTAKES. Seriously just stop being stupid.

AlMcFly
Apr 7, 2008, 10:40 AM
I would give it back as long as I got my money returned and they were polite in letting me know of their mistake. I'm not the kind of person that takes comfort in gaining through another person's misfortune. Too many of them in the world as it is.

Legendria
Apr 7, 2008, 10:50 AM

Sorry, we live in the REAL world when we turn off PSU. Not sure where you go when you log off.

AlMcFly
Apr 7, 2008, 10:53 AM
On 2008-04-07 08:50, Legendria wrote:

Sorry, we live in the REAL world when we turn off PSU. Not sure where you go when you log off.

Lol, people like you are what makes the "real world" the way it is. People like YOU are the reason why nobody can trust anybody. Thanks for contributing your narcissistic greed to society. ;P

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 10:54 AM
I don't think anyone has said that refusing to return an item in an online game makes you a bad person. At the end of the day, its just a game. The person that screwed up will eventually forget about it, and so will the person that bought the item. You aren't ruining anyones life.

Is the item rightfully yours? Yes, because you paid the lsited price, but thats the beginning of the slippery slope. The point is that the virtuous thing to do is back-trade the item. Everybody knows that because we've all heard the "golden rule" since we old enough to understand it. However, people change when there are no consequences for their actions. The worst a player can do is send you some choice words and a bad review, and a quick B-list can fix the former. That's not much of a deterent.

Legendria
Apr 7, 2008, 10:58 AM
On 2008-04-07 08:53, McFlyVII wrote:

Lol, people like you are what makes the "real world" the way it is. People like YOU are the reason why nobody can trust anybody. Thanks for contributing your narcissistic greed to society. ;P

And people like you get stepped on by society once you leave the safety of your mother's house, resulting in returning to the safety of your mother's house and becoming a total failure because you don't know how to deal with people in pursuit of success and succeed yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legendria on 2008-04-07 09:00 ]</font>

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
most people can see the difference between all the way left and one zero to start, right?

TRUE, people should still double check, but my point is they shouldn't have to. Pricing should not be a confusing task, but it always is a first glance. There' no harm is commas, spaces, or even decimals to make things visually less cluttered.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 11:05 AM
@Legendria: LOL. You can succeed and be a nice person at the same time. When you get older, that one-sided view of the world may land you in some unfortunate positions. I've always tried to sieze opportunities when they appear, but doing it at the expense of someone else usually isn't necessary.

Legendria
Apr 7, 2008, 11:10 AM
On 2008-04-07 09:05, amtalx wrote:
@Legendria: LOL. You can succeed and be a nice person at the same time. When you get older, that one-sided view of the world may land you in some unfortunate positions. I've always tried to sieze opportunities when they appear, but doing it at the expense of someone else usually isn't necessary.

In situations concerning (any type of) money, nice guys always finish last.

Being nice in general is fine, I've given up S rank boards to people I've never met because they asked me for it when it dropped. However, this is a different type of scenario.

I see nothing wrong with gaining an advantage due to someone else's error. That's how the majority of the world works, if you think about it for more than two seconds.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 11:16 AM
On 2008-04-07 09:10, Legendria wrote:

Being nice in general is fine, I've given up S rank boards to people I've never met because they asked me for it when it dropped. However, this is a different type of scenario.

I see nothing wrong with gaining an advantage due to someone else's error. That's how the majority of the world works, if you think about it for more than two seconds.

I have a business. I know how money works. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif There is this terrible thing called business ethics though. Painful little bugger...

Rust
Apr 7, 2008, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't buy it for 2mil. I'm way too much of a cheap ass.

Legendria
Apr 7, 2008, 11:21 AM
On 2008-04-07 09:16, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-04-07 09:10, Legendria wrote:

I have a business. I know how money works. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif There is this terrible thing called business ethics though. Painful little bugger...

Meh ethics....IRL it's less about who plays nice in the business field, and more about who doesn't get caught doing the cutthroat thing. Microsoft is getting caught right now, but they're huge because they've been doing it all along.

So if someone puts that 8/10 Psychowand up for 9, 999, 999 and I buy it, let that serve as a reminder that you failed to do something well within your control.

I shouldn't have to limit my potential gains to help you feel better about not keeping your eyes open while setting prices. Everyone knows 99 mil is max, how can you screw that up for prices over 10 mil? Thats freaking stupid and you deserve to have it bought for that price.

Chaobo99
Apr 7, 2008, 11:22 AM
If he's in the shop,I will give it back/tell him..If he's not in the shop, I'll buy it before someone else catches the deal xD

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 11:25 AM
I value my integrity more than money. =/

Legendria
Apr 7, 2008, 11:32 AM
On 2008-04-07 09:25, amtalx wrote:

Close your business.

HMGHeavyC
Apr 7, 2008, 11:32 AM
here again you do realize this is still a game and has nothing to do with the real world. if you buy it you buy it, and if you do you don't. just drop it and get over it already. if it makes you sleep better at night then by all means return the item. however if that one expensive video game item makes you feel more like a man or better about yourself then keep it, but please don't compare a game to reality its truly sad.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
On 2008-04-07 09:32, Legendria wrote:

On 2008-04-07 09:25, amtalx wrote:

Close your business.

Pay my bills. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 11:40 AM
business ethics and integrity?
shouldn't the shop owner have a good understanding of both of these and price things correctly the first time around?

Kylie
Apr 7, 2008, 11:40 AM
I might give it back because I'm a softie, but it really is their mistake and not your problem.

Legendria
Apr 7, 2008, 11:41 AM
Owning a business and preferring integrity over the bottom line is a lesson in futility.

Suit yourself, back on topic.

Not many people who have been exposed to real life would give back the item on those terms. I'm not talking High School real life either.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 11:51 AM
On 2008-04-07 09:40, Cracka_J wrote:
business ethics and integrity?
shouldn't the shop owner have a good understanding of both of these and price things correctly the first time around?

I think we've gotten a bit too serious about it, but ethics are essential at the center. There's no "right" or "wrong" answer here. The question is simply, would your conscience plague you enough to return the item? Some people just see an open door and walk through it. Others take a more idealistic approach and maybe hope that their good deeds will contribute to the overall well-being of the community, or they just don't like the idea of willingly upsetting someone when it could have been avoided.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2008-04-07 09:54 ]</font>

Chris28
Apr 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
Well i guess i don't feel so bad now. The serafi senba board i got for 1.9 failed. ah well!

HMGHeavyC
Apr 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
In all fairness most of the kids who play this game haven't been exposed to REAL LIFE. And those who have should know that video games aren't worth this much of a fuss over. Yes I've been scammed and lost money in some of the stupidest ways imaginable on this game. But I get over it and don't have any trouble sleeping at night. Yes the nice thing would be to give the item back, but in all my experiences on XBox live or any online games for that matter, I've learned that people are assholes when you don't have to deal with them face to face cause truly there is nothing you can do about it. thats just the way it is and no one will be able to do anything about it..

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 12:02 PM
That's the problem though. You believe the ethical part begins when the person first buys the item and has remorse or whatever after the fact for the seller. Imo, if the seller had enough integrity for their store, and enough "business ethics" to spend FIVE MINUTES or less double checking their prices, the problem would never exist in the first place.

And what business in real life doesn't do price checks on all store inventory to make sure that the price they want for the item is the price they're getting? Granted, I only worked in a few retail places after HS, but all of them did...I really doubt stores gave up on that idea in less then 10 years. (yes I'm old D=)

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 12:09 PM
On 2008-04-07 10:02, Cracka_J wrote:
That's the problem though. You believe the ethical part begins when the person first buys the item and has remorse or whatever after the fact for the seller. Imo, if the seller had enough integrity for their store, and enough "business ethics" to spend FIVE MINUTES or less double checking their prices, the problem would never exist in the first place.

Chicken vs. egg here I guess. However, the difference is the buyer did so with intent. The seller did not.

And what business in real life doesn't do price checks on all store inventory to make sure that the price they want for the item is the price they're getting? Granted, I only worked in a few retail places after HS, but all of them did...I really doubt stores gave up on that idea in less then 10 years. (yes I'm old D=)

You are absolutely right here. This kind of garbage doesn't happen in reality. Nobody accidentally sells their stake in a company for $10 million when they meant to sell it for $100 million or anything like that.

AlMcFly
Apr 7, 2008, 12:09 PM
On 2008-04-07 08:58, Legendria wrote:

And people like you get stepped on by society once you leave the safety of your mother's house, resulting in returning to the safety of your mother's house and becoming a total failure because you don't know how to deal with people in pursuit of success and succeed yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legendria on 2008-04-07 09:00 ]</font>

It's funny how these no-life forum trolls revert to assuming that their opposition must be an adult-child living with parents. I am a law school student living on my own for 10 years 1500 miles away from the nearest family member. I know what success is and how to achieve it. I've had absolutely no problem reaching goals many people can never possibly hope to without stepping on somebody to do it. Society is as harsh as you let it be. Only the weak get stepped on. Being fair and courteous doe snot make one weak. The weak are the slimy people who take any dirty, underhanded chance they get to get ahead. It's the easy way out to think only of oneself.

What is your profession pray-tell? Please, unless you have truly succeeded at something other than getting a game character to a high level, do not try to pretend you know what success is.

AlMcFly
Apr 7, 2008, 12:12 PM
On 2008-04-07 10:02, Cracka_J wrote:

There is a flaw in your argument btw. A store in general usually has more than one worker making sure the whole is aptly taken care of. A store owned and operated by a single person is rife with mistakes.

Also, this is a game, not a livelihood. One does not really care about integrity when it is not their sole form of income. You don't see things like this happen (very often, b/c they do happen) in real life because the moneys from the product determine whether a family eats or not. You do not have a family counting on the proceeds of a shop selling an agito repca lol. Please stop comparing real world business ethics with videogame ethics.

We need to break this down to what it really is. Good honest people versus selfish people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-07 10:17 ]</font>

haruna
Apr 7, 2008, 12:14 PM
I got some pretty sweet deals like a Yomei 9* rifle for 13,000. I'm sure the seller meant to put it up for 130,000. But the shop keeper wasn't present in the shop so I don't know if was a mistake or not. I ended up buying just about everything in the store since just about EVERYTHING he/she was selling was insanely low.

panzer_unit
Apr 7, 2008, 12:20 PM
On 2008-04-07 09:41, Legendria wrote:
Not many people who have been exposed to real life would give back the item on those terms. I'm not talking High School real life either.

... real life being what, the mean streets of Cops episodes?

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 12:26 PM
On 2008-04-07 10:09, amtalx wrote:
Chicken vs. egg here I guess. However, the difference is the buyer did so with intent. The seller did not.

I'll agree with you on that. However, I still say there are measures a good shopkeep will take in order to prevent these things from ever happening.

Also, (to mcfly) you don't necessarily need more employees to insure that correct pricing happens. I've had great experiences at some smaller mom/pop owned stores...even my old import shop was owned by 1 guy who constantly had correct pricing on everything he had in stock, and knew exactly what all his prices were without even looking at the item because he took some pride in it. Can you say the same thing about walmart or bestbuy? I don't think so.

LTrav2k
Apr 7, 2008, 12:32 PM
On 2008-04-07 10:12, McFlyVII wrote:

We need to break this down to what it really is. Good honest people versus selfish people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-07 10:17 ]</font>

What if the person who purchased the item only had enough money to obtain it at the mistake price? Are they still selfish?

Are they undeserving of the item because it was possibly their "lucky break"?

What happens when the shopkeeper explains the situation, and the customer then gives the shopkeeper their dilemna... where does that leave the shopkeeper?

I understand the use of business ethics, and wanting to keep integrity. I also believe that if you make a mistake like this, it is an unfortunate part of the business. I feel you do more for your integrity and congratulate the customer on their lucky break versus attempting to null/void the transaction because of an error on your part.

I saw the earlier post about someone being laid out because after the mistake was realized and the customer didn't want to even things out. Even if it was a bit in jest, I don't want to go there because it tends to create a chain reaction of violence over someone not wanting to own up to a mistake. Folks get shot for stuff like that.

Generally if it's my friend, we'll work something out. If it's someone I don't know, I'd probably believe more that if this situation happens once... I should probably expect you to have more "price mistakes" in the future, regardless of whether they do exist. With any business, that's not a good sign.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LTrav2k on 2008-04-07 10:40 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Apr 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
I'd return it. I dont pride myself in taking advantage of others.

This game needs more good honest players.

Seority
Apr 7, 2008, 12:52 PM
I'd agree with those who stated they would give the item back if the person asked nicely. If they were not present, it's mine, unless they leave me a bulletin, again asking nicely, then I'd let them have it back, with a full refund mind you.

PSU is just like the real world. There is a mixure of good and greedy people. Just how it is. You can state as much facts as you want to lean to one side or the other, but either way, that's how it is. You got your answer amtalx. Most would keep it. No right nor wrong right? Then what are we talking about anymore?

On 2008-04-06 19:44, Yunfa wrote:
No, because its happened with me twice, shit they even blacklisted me when I asked politely. I say, an eye for an eye...the American way! Heh heh
A female middle school teacher had sexual relations with five of her students. When that was discovered she was sentenced to six years in jail and three probation. She even testified that she had.
A male teacher was accused, trialed, and sentenced for sexualy assulting a female student in an elementary school. There wasn't much evidence accept the child's testamony. He was sentenced 25 years in prision, and 15 years probation.
Peasents eye for a hair, king's eye for a kingdom. That's the American way. We just judge who's a peasent and who's a king.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-04-07 10:54 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Apr 7, 2008, 12:54 PM
If I knew them I suppose I would, otherwise I wouldn't. It's their responsibility to make sure it's at the correct price, and it isn't even hard to do that.

AlMcFly
Apr 7, 2008, 01:02 PM
On 2008-04-07 10:32, LTrav2k wrote:

On 2008-04-07 10:12, McFlyVII wrote:

What if the person who purchased the item only had enough money to obtain it at the mistake price? Are they still selfish?

Are they undeserving of the item because it was possibly their "lucky break"?

What happens when the shopkeeper explains the situation, and the customer then gives the shopkeeper their dilemna... where does that leave the shopkeeper?

I understand the use of business ethics, and wanting to keep integrity. I also believe that if you make a mistake like this, it is an unfortunate part of the business. I feel you do more for your integrity and congratulate the customer on their lucky break versus attempting to null/void the transaction because of an error on your part.

I saw the earlier post about someone being laid out because after the mistake was realized and the customer didn't want to even things out. Even if it was a bit in jest, I don't want to go there because it tends to create a chain reaction of violence over someone not wanting to own up to a mistake. Folks get shot for stuff like that.

Generally if it's my friend, we'll work something out. If it's someone I don't know, I'd probably believe more that if this situation happens once... I should probably expect you to have more "price mistakes" in the future, regardless of whether they do exist. With any business, that's not a good sign.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LTrav2k on 2008-04-07 10:40 ]</font>

It's an extremely situational subject.

Say a shop owner is very well-off financially, and a customer is not so stable. The customer finds the under-priced item and is ecstatic. Now you can look at it in terms that the shopkeeper, seeing the customer's plight, may feel virtuous enough to let it go and help the customer out. That is ok in ways.

Now what if a customer who does not ever have to worry about money, yet is incredibly cheap, finds this under-priced item. The shopkeeper, who is barely making ends meet in this kind of society, cannot possibly let him have that deal. The wealthy customer will be virtuous in not taking advantage of the deal.

Now I also believe in the argument of the deserving. The majority of people have heard of the common inalienable right that all men are created equally. This does not mean, though, that all men are equally deserving.

Someone who does not have the 99 mil for an agito, yet finds it for 9 mil, is TECHNICALLY not deserving of the agito. You did not earn the agito like everyone before you did. You got it through a dishonest means. Does that make you a dishonest person? Well, yes and no. You may be a very nice person in most respects. It only takes one sin to outweigh the rest. It just makes you an undeserving person. The people who hunt it forever or the people who earn enough money to buy it at 99 mil are the deserving. Why should you get the break when so many others haven't.

You argue that through your "intelligence", you got the deal when no one else did yet it is in actuality it is through your dishonesty that you gain. The honest person would purchase the weapon, leave a bulletin saying what has transpired, and arrange a meeting to rectify the action. The dishonest person takes the weapon and actually feels good about it.

LTrav2k
Apr 7, 2008, 01:13 PM
On 2008-04-07 11:02, McFlyVII wrote:

You argue that through your "intelligence", you got the deal when no one else did yet it is in actuality it is through your dishonesty that you gain. The honest person would purchase the weapon, leave a bulletin saying what has transpired, and arrange a meeting to rectify the action. The dishonest person takes the weapon and actually feels good about it.

I'm not wanting to go into the aspects of honesty in regards to this, because the transaction is something the shopkeeper could control. Rectifying the situation could amount to other things, such as hunting with the shopkeeper regularly in an attempt to find a replacement for him. I've actually done that in the past instead of giving the item back.

In a business, we understand the risk and know the customer is purchasing the item from us in good faith that things are correct. (I don't normally see agitos underpriced so I don't think that much of an extreme is necessary. Please let me know if I'm wrong) I don't see it fair to assume someone who feels a person should have consequences for a mistake is dishonest. I'll be back to talk about it when I finish working http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I really like this topic.

AlMcFly
Apr 7, 2008, 01:22 PM
On 2008-04-07 11:13, LTrav2k wrote:

On 2008-04-07 11:02, McFlyVII wrote:

I'm not wanting to go into the aspects of honesty in regards to this, because the transaction is something the shopkeeper could control. Rectifying the situation could amount to other things, such as hunting with the shopkeeper regularly in an attempt to find a replacement for him. I've actually done that in the past instead of giving the item back.

In a business, we understand the risk and know the customer is purchasing the item from us in good faith that things are correct. (I don't normally see agitos underpriced so I don't think that much of an extreme is necessary. Please let me know if I'm wrong) I don't see it fair to assume someone who feels a person should have consequences for a mistake is dishonest. I'll be back to talk about it when I finish working http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I really like this topic.

Due to your previous posts, I was in assumption that you were very young and brash person. This last post is the first time I see that you have some inkling of sensibility.

helping somebody hunt another of the item they lost is a genuinely good thing. It shows that you have SOME remorse and you actually care for another person.

Everyone needs to learn from their own mistakes. There is a lesson however that is much more important to learn though:

Who appointed "us" to be the ones to teach another of their mistakes?

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 01:28 PM
On 2008-04-07 11:13, LTrav2k wrote:
I don't see it fair to assume someone who feels a person should have consequences for a mistake is dishonest. I'll be back to talk about it when I finish working http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I really like this topic.

I'm really in agreement with this as well as your previous posts. It may seem like this is coming from an old guy, but it just seems like too many kids feel like their actions should have 0 consequences, and in fact they should be rewarded for making mistakes. I really feel like this is beyond something ethical or dishonest, and in fact is much, much simpler.

Player A made a mistake.
Player A does not like outcome of mistake.
Player A baaawwwwws.

And I also agree that if the player makes a good enough case, I would try and help them find another. Their previous one tho, unless I decide to sell, is my propertah.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 01:48 PM
I don't think that buying the item and refusing to return it is necessarily dishonest. There was no trickery or underhanded means of obtaining it. However, the fact remans that you are still benefiting from someone's misfortune. Its not the buyer's responsibility to "teach the seller a lesson". Returning the item is just simple courtesy. If a woman is rummaging through her purse outside of a building and drops something, you pick it up and return it. You don't grab it and run off screaming "SHOULDA BEEN MORE CAREFUL B*TCH!"

On the other hand, the seller should be prepared to accept the consequences. You should not expect that a stranger bail you out of a bind that you created.

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 02:04 PM
On 2008-04-07 11:48, amtalx wrote:
If a woman is rummaging through her purse outside of a building and drops something, you pick it up and return it. You don't grab it and run off screaming "SHOULDA BEEN MORE CAREFUL B*TCH!"

Don't give me ideas...=D
If someone did that on the street, I think I'd fall over from laughter.

On the other hand, the seller should be prepared to accept the consequences. You should not expect that a stranger bail you out of a bind that you created.

Exactly my thoughts.

chicken105
Apr 7, 2008, 02:11 PM
id grind it first >_> give back if it's bad.

Nirvash7
Apr 7, 2008, 02:15 PM
Since everyone in this game is out for themselves, I'd tell them to fuck off and be more careful next time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eliash
Apr 7, 2008, 02:19 PM
It all depends how they ask, if they ask nicely I have no problem. Something similar happened to me, and I had the several chances to take items very cheaply that I didn't. (38%(?) Dagger of Serafi - 1.2 million or something instead of 12 million I think) I actually told the person about the item and he gave me more than I paid for it, granted not as much as I could have made if I sold it for the actual price.

In the end, money isn't worth it to me. It's not that hard for me to make it and so I don't care about it as much.

Darkly
Apr 7, 2008, 02:23 PM

inorite?

lostinseganet
Apr 7, 2008, 02:26 PM
Gives e backies only apply for not payment exchanges in the heat of the moment. I would not feel bad to keep it. That is alot of monies anyway...like a house lol.

Seority
Apr 7, 2008, 02:27 PM
If a woman is rummaging through her purse outside of a building and drops something, you pick it up and return it. You don't grab it and run off screaming "SHOULDA BEEN MORE CAREFUL B*TCH!"

The woman dropped something on accident. She never ment for another person to take it. A seller is meaning to get rid of the item with a fair exchange. They are different situations. One is stealling and could get charged in court for doing so. The other it's all between the seller and buyer.
((I wonder if there has ever been a court trial about something like this and what the outcome was. Yes in the real world.))

desturel
Apr 7, 2008, 02:35 PM
I'd have to say no. If I sell something for the wrong price, that's my fault. I don't blame other people for taking advantage of my mistakes. It's the same reason I won't ask someone to hand over a weapon I've been searching for if it drops and they get it. It's a game for me and I can't see myself getting that serious over a virtual item. I apply those same rules to other people I play with, even if they don't happen to agree.

If a weapon falls and I get it, I'll likely hand it over. However if you sell something and I buy it, I'm not likely to give it back. If you wanted it you shouldn't have sold it. If you wanted to sell it for more, double check your price before you hit okay. 1 mil has one 0 before it. 100k has two zeros before it. Check the amount of zeros that are before the item you are selling to make sure you have the right price.

trucido
Apr 7, 2008, 02:39 PM
it all depends on the circumstances, (true story, happened yesterday) because my buddy was puttind his repca up for sale for 32 mil and he lagged out while changing the price

he logged back on and his repca sold and his bot was holding 3.2 mil.

now in this case what do you do?

mvffin
Apr 7, 2008, 02:44 PM
if something you put in your shop is important to you, you're gonna be damn sure to make sure the price is right. If you don't, you obviously don't care that much about it, and therefore have NO right to cry about it later. Don't put things in your shop when you're in a hurry, and if you do, don't cry when you miss out on 90% of the money you wanted. You probably wouldn't have gotten the price you want in the first place anyways.

comparing psu to real life = LOL

Cracka_J
Apr 7, 2008, 02:46 PM
On 2008-04-07 12:39, trucido wrote:
it all depends on the circumstances, (true story, happened yesterday) because my buddy was puttind his repca up for sale for 32 mil and he lagged out while changing the price

you kill things. lots of them.

seriously tho...thems the breaks of playing online. concerning something to that degree, I'd file a complaint with sega to see what they could do.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 7, 2008, 02:47 PM
I'd give it back simply because that's how I was raised.

SStrikerR
Apr 7, 2008, 02:49 PM
Someone sold a blackheart to me 10% fire 3/9 for 39k xD, I asked them if it was a mistake. "No, I like to keep people coming back."

trucido
Apr 7, 2008, 02:53 PM
Quote:On 2008-04-07 12:39, trucido wrote:

you kill things. lots of them.

seriously tho...thems the breaks of playing online. concerning something to that degree, I'd file a complaint with sega to see what they could do.
yeh my buddy almost quit entirely he was pretty pissed off, escpecially since that 30 mil came from his share of an inferno board that was found ten minutes before maintenance!

Sekani
Apr 7, 2008, 03:04 PM
Since the comparison is out there, real life is different. I wouldn't exactly say that I'm a cutthroat individual, but there have been plenty of times where I've taken advantage of retail mistakes. For example, you go to the supermarket and find that an item is mispriced. You're gonna expect to get that item at the marked price (or for free), regardless of what the retailer says is correct. Nothing sinister about that, right? Likewise, the retailer is gonna take it on the chin and do what they have to do to rectify that error.

PSU isn't that serious though. I'd give the item back if they asked nicely.

Katrina
Apr 7, 2008, 03:15 PM
If they asked in a calm rational manner, and explained it was a mistake I'd give it back. If they flew off the handle, insulted me, and demanded it back I don't think I would.

A scenario like this happened to me in another game. I bought items underpriced off auctions, shortly after received a msg that the seller was trying to xfer to another character, and was happy to give him everything back.

Another time the same situation, the seller msg'd me demanding I give what i bought back or he would make my life hell online (he was part of a big guild). Not only did I not give it back, but reported him and his chat log for harassment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Basically if the person explained he/she made a mistake, without insulting or threatening me, I'd be happy to give stuff back for what i paid for it.

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 03:22 PM
I have to agree. It's something in which their demeanor would probably determine how I'd handle it. Thing is, if the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't ask for it back. If I made a silly mistake, regardless of how easy it is to do; I'd stick to the consequences and work on recovering from my mistake. I tend to cater slip ups, on my part, as a 'I got what I deserved' kind of thing just the same as if I spent too much on something (As long as no glitch or hack caused me to do it).

And I'm one of those folks who haven't gotten much money compared to my playtime. However, considering that I'm learning more and more about easier things to farm for decent cash recovery, I don't mind it as much. Things are starting to get comfortable with cash flow without becoming the everybody gets meseta *giveaway* PSO was.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-07 13:24 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Apr 7, 2008, 03:23 PM
Comparing this to real life is hilarious. If it's really THAT big of a deal to the player who sold it, then they'd make sure it was priced correctly the first time.

I'll laugh at all of you suckers who give the item back when the value of it changes or because the seller realizes they can sell/trade it for much more and you lose out.

chibiLegolas
Apr 7, 2008, 03:34 PM
On 2008-04-06 19:41, Xaeris wrote:
Depends how they asked. If they asked nicely, like, "Oh crap, that was a mistake, can I get that back?" then sure; I'm not a douche. Now, if they point profanities my way, then lulz, no.

Agree. Ppl make mistakes, and I hate to imagine that I've ruined someone's day cause I took advantage of someones's mistake AND they were right there to correct their mistake while I was leaving their room.
(If the owner wasn't there to catch their mistake at the point of sale to ask for it back, then I'd keep it).

Be nice and I'll be nice in return. I'm sure I can live without the item if it gives someone THAT much grief.

But be a jerk about it, and I'll deem you unworthy of my kindness.

Rashiid
Apr 7, 2008, 04:14 PM
On 2008-04-07 07:19, chu-chu-chu wrote:

On 2008-04-07 06:35, Rashiid wrote:

Of course you would. That's why you don't have friends.

Oh so I have no friends because idiots can't price things right?
You sound oh-so smart. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

They did the stupid move, so they will be suffer the consequence.

Sekani
Apr 7, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-04-07 13:23, Artea wrote:

I'll laugh at all of you suckers who give the item back when the value of it changes or because the seller realizes they can sell/trade it for much more and you lose out.

I'll laugh at you for caring that much.

Meseta: serious business

GaNksTa
Apr 7, 2008, 05:11 PM
Probably if I got something for 2 mill that was worth 20 mill I'd give them like 9 mill more; they still lose money.. but it's better to lose 9 mill rather than 18 mill..

Xaeris
Apr 7, 2008, 05:26 PM
Comparing this to real life is hilarious. If it's really THAT big of a deal to the player who sold it, then they'd make sure it was priced correctly the first time.

And I'll laugh at you for being so hard up for meseta that your possessions have to come solely at the costs of another's errors rather than any effort on your part.

Laughter makes the world go round.

Legendria
Apr 7, 2008, 06:05 PM
On 2008-04-07 10:09, McFlyVII wrote:

It's funny how these no-life forum trolls revert to assuming that their opposition must be an adult-child living with parents. I am a law school student living on my own for 10 years 1500 miles away from the nearest family member. I know what success is and how to achieve it. I've had absolutely no problem reaching goals many people can never possibly hope to without stepping on somebody to do it. Society is as harsh as you let it be. Only the weak get stepped on. Being fair and courteous doe snot make one weak. The weak are the slimy people who take any dirty, underhanded chance they get to get ahead. It's the easy way out to think only of oneself.

What is your profession pray-tell? Please, unless you have truly succeeded at something other than getting a game character to a high level, do not try to pretend you know what success is.

News flash, genius. Unless you get kicked out or hit up the ol' trust fund, you are generally "home" until you leave for college at 18 - 19. Then during college, you may go back and forth between home and dorm, ultimately ending up in your own apartment post-21.

From your point-of-view, what do you think is the most common age range on this board? 21-35? No. School era, 13-20. It's ok to be home with your parents at this point.

Not once did I say "lol ur in ur momz bazemint cuz u suk at lief oh ya nd u r fat kekeke ggnore". That's what you wanted to hear, but it ain't happen.

Jesus H Christ, some people these days......

EDIT: By the way, I hope you don't intend on being a defense lawyer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legendria on 2008-04-07 16:10 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 7, 2008, 08:40 PM
I probably wouldn't, but then if it were me making the mistake, I certainly wouldn't expect them to return it.

I check my prices very carefully, and expect others would do the same.

It's the same way in real life, if something is mispriced at the store, you don't return it and pay full price, it was their error.

Zarode
Apr 7, 2008, 09:14 PM
After reading further into this thread, and laughing very hardly at most of it, I have to ask one question:

Is it really that hard to count up all the zeroes? Are you guys cross eyed or something? Are your monitors/televisions fuzzy?

I not only double check, I triple check, and I read out loud. "Triple three, triple three, four. Four million." Sure, it sounds stupid, but hey, guess who hasn't had this problem...

Maybe y'all should try that. Or stop rushing. Or being lazy.

It sort of helps.

edit:

And what I mean triple three, I mean a set of zeroes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I'm weird like that. :v

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2008-04-08 04:18 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 7, 2008, 09:20 PM
I do this, I wanna price at one mil.

Go 00,100,100 to check places, then increase the proper digit and fix the others. It's not hard.

Atomic646
Apr 7, 2008, 10:14 PM
Nope I wouldn't, It's not my fault if you mispriced the item I'v done the same thing, I'm not mad about it it's my fault.

LTrav2k
Apr 7, 2008, 11:41 PM
I don't think that buying the item and refusing to return it is necessarily dishonest. There was no trickery or underhanded means of obtaining it. However, the fact remans that you are still benefiting from someone's misfortune. Its not the buyer's responsibility to "teach the seller a lesson". Returning the item is just simple courtesy. If a woman is rummaging through her purse outside of a building and drops something, you pick it up and return it. You don't grab it and run off screaming "SHOULDA BEEN MORE CAREFUL B*TCH!"

This isn't meant to start a flame war of any sorts, but under that line of thinking given by both yourself and McFly I would expect that if I bought an item from someone's store and immediately realized it was grossly overpriced (neither of the situations should happen as much with price search), I could explain that to the shopkeeper and expect to some degree that the shopkeeper who sold me the item should void the transaction or at least refund me the difference. Wouldn't it also be misfortune for the customer to find out that they were a victim of a price much higher than the market average?

I also agree that the scenario of the woman dropping something out of her purse isn't along the same lines. If an item is placed for sale, it didn't accidentally end up there... the intent to get rid of the item is there.

I'm very big on consequences for one's actions, because I've experienced them on quite a few occasions. Experience is one of the best teachers we've got.

Powder Keg
Apr 8, 2008, 12:07 AM
On 2008-04-07 15:10, Sekani wrote:

I'll laugh at you for caring that much.

Meseta: serious business

So, when did it get serious?

And I'll laugh at you for being so hard up for meseta that your possessions have to come solely at the costs of another's errors rather than any effort on your part.

Laughter makes the world go round.

And I'm sure you'll laugh at the other 44 people who voted as such. lmao...no need to be angry here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-04-07 22:18 ]</font>

Indica
Apr 8, 2008, 12:10 AM
Depends on the person, if I knew them well and considered them friends.

I would not have to worry about that cuz majority of the people I play with give me stuff for phree

amtalx
Apr 8, 2008, 07:11 AM
On 2008-04-07 21:41, LTrav2k wrote:

This isn't meant to start a flame war of any sorts, but under that line of thinking given by both yourself and McFly I would expect that if I bought an item from someone's store and immediately realized it was grossly overpriced (neither of the situations should happen as much with price search), I could explain that to the shopkeeper and expect to some degree that the shopkeeper who sold me the item should void the transaction or at least refund me the difference. Wouldn't it also be misfortune for the customer to find out that they were a victim of a price much higher than the market average?

I also agree that the scenario of the woman dropping something out of her purse isn't along the same lines. If an item is placed for sale, it didn't accidentally end up there... the intent to get rid of the item is there.

I'm very big on consequences for one's actions, because I've experienced them on quite a few occasions. Experience is one of the best teachers we've got.

If someone came into my shop and bought a $1 mil item for $10 mil (not sure how this would happen but...), I don't see any reason not to give them their money back as long as they treat me with respect. It's really not that important in the long run. I would rather both parites be happy. Games are supposed to be fun and I just can't see the point in ruining someones play experience just to further mine. As I'm sure plenty of people on this forum can attest, I can get all PSU IS SERIOUS BUSINESS at times, but even I think there is plenty to go around in this game.

Maybe I should have clarified what I was trying to illustrate with the purse example. A lot of people seem to be taking the "your loss, my gain" approach and saying that "its your mistake" and "you should be more careful". But this example is starting to get nothing short of ridiculous. We should probably stop here and stay away from RL examples in the future. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I think consequences are important too. How else will we learn? However, I think its a bit audacious to take it upon yourself to teach someone a lesson like you are doing them a favor. We aren't children (most of us anyway) and we don't have the sense of wreckless discovery that children have that make consequences so necessary. The way I see it, we are all part of a community. In an ideal community, you make an effort not to take advantage of the person next to you in pursuit of the greater good.

PSU would be a far better place without cheaters, glitchers, and scammers. Wouldn't the comfort of knowing a stranger may help you make the experience even greater? I just feel there is way too much negativity in the community as a whole. Giving the item back is a small thing you can do to possibly restore someones faith in a seemingly wretched community. Am I being an idealist? Absolutely. However, if your goals for yourself and the community aren't better than the status quo, nothing will improve.

/discourse

darkante
Apr 8, 2008, 07:25 AM
On 2008-04-08 05:11, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-04-07 21:41, LTrav2k wrote:

If someone came into my shop and bought a $1 mil item for $10 mil (not sure how this would happen but...), I don't see any reason not to give them their money back as long as they treat me with respect. It's really not that important in the long run. I would rather both parites be happy. Games are supposed to be fun and I just can't see the point in ruining someones play experience just to further mine. As I'm sure plenty of people on this forum can attest, I can get all PSU IS SERIOUS BUSINESS at times, but even I think there is plenty to go around in this game.

Maybe I should have clarified what I was trying to illustrate with the purse example. A lot of people seem to be taking the "your loss, my gain" approach and saying that "its your mistake" and "you should be more careful". But this example is starting to get nothing short of ridiculous. We should probably stop here and stay away from RL examples in the future. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I think consequences are important too. How else will we learn? However, I think its a bit audacious to take it upon yourself to teach someone a lesson like you are doing them a favor. We aren't children (most of us anyway) and we don't have the sense of wreckless discovery that children have that make consequences so necessary. The way I see it, we are all part of a community. In an ideal community, you make an effort not to take advantage of the person next to you in pursuit of the greater good.

PSU would be a far better place without cheaters, glitchers, and scammers. Wouldn't the comfort of knowing a stranger may help you make the experience even greater? I just feel there is way too much negativity in the community as a whole. Giving the item back is a small thing you can do to possibly restore someones faith in a seemingly wretched community. Am I being an idealist? Absolutely. However, if your goals for yourself and the community aren't better than the status quo, nothing will improve.

/discourse

Yeah i would love one day i could trust a stranger to run a mission and actually give the item to me if it dropped and i asked for it before.

That would make my day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
That would make a alot more enjoyble experience.

Powder Keg
Apr 8, 2008, 08:14 AM

/discourse

Yes, you really should stay away from the RL examples, because they're starting to get ridiculous. Comparing them to a purse is a bad analogy to say the least.

Asking for a perfect community in any online game is like asking to raise the dead--it can't happen. If I ran a shop and someone bought something I priced too low accidentally, I wouldn't be happy, but the only problem is...I would make sure it's correct when I set it. Which is above and beyond easy.

The only piece of advice I can give you is to pay attention if it's happened to you, because expecting the community to do favors for you is going to leave you disappointed.

panzer_unit
Apr 8, 2008, 08:35 AM
On 2008-04-07 16:05, Legendria wrote:

News flash, genius. Unless you get kiblah blah blah

So what did you say your job is again, mister "news flash, i know real life"? 'cause McFly totally called you out on that one.

Rashiid
Apr 8, 2008, 08:45 AM
Color coded meseta should be implemented!!!

AlMcFly
Apr 8, 2008, 10:07 AM
On 2008-04-07 16:05, Legendria wrote:

News flash, genius. Unless you get kicked out or hit up the ol' trust fund, you are generally "home" until you leave for college at 18 - 19. Then during college, you may go back and forth between home and dorm, ultimately ending up in your own apartment post-21.

From your point-of-view, what do you think is the most common age range on this board? 21-35? No. School era, 13-20. It's ok to be home with your parents at this point.

Not once did I say "lol ur in ur momz bazemint cuz u suk at lief oh ya nd u r fat kekeke ggnore". That's what you wanted to hear, but it ain't happen.

Jesus H Christ, some people these days......

EDIT: By the way, I hope you don't intend on being a defense lawyer.

Wow, lol, I love getting to reply a day late. Anyway...

Actually never had a trust fund, parents died leaving me nothing and I've had my own apartment since age 17. That makes ooooh 8 years now.

You said, I quote:

Negative connotation right there buddy. Nothing to do with age. This general expression denotes that it is a negative thing to be living with your parents after "society steps on you". When did my comment say I was talking about a teenager? It's not what I wanted to hear, it's exactly what you said troll.

Please do not contradict your own words when everyone can see what you have written. Doesn't work.

Btw. You just lost. I guess that makes me an excellent defense attorney. ;P

LTrav2k
Apr 8, 2008, 11:56 AM

/discourse

Taking it upon myself to teach someone a lesson is not my intent when I take the stand on someone having consequences for their actions. I never judged the person, and the only time the scenario could possibly translate to "his loss, my gain" thought process is if the shopkeeper approached me about it. I'd never expect a shopkeeper to talk to me about it. I've seen unbelievably low prices on quite a few occasions because someone's quitting the game... they really want to get rid of something... blah blah blah. If I were the shopkeeper, I would just go hunt another one and count it towards "alturism" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Until your last post, I seriously felt you were promoting immunity for the shopkeeper who made a mistake so I'm happy we have come to terms with this.

I'll agree that I would love for your ideal to be reality. In a gaming community, this isn't something I've experienced since Everquest I. I appreciate you taking us away from the generalization which brought me into it (about honest/dishonesty). Our points were clearly expressed and I guess it concludes our discussion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Darkly
Apr 8, 2008, 12:14 PM
this thread is a bit tl;dr - but what i dont understand why people are giving amtalx etc. a hard time just because he's acting like a nice guy.

I mean we are all gamers and this is a small community - being an asshole about this may benefit you but really - I find it sad.

stukasa
Apr 14, 2008, 01:43 PM

/discourse

Thank you for saying this. I feel exactly the same way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My reason for giving an item back is simple: "Treat others as you'd like to be treated." I know I can't expect everyone out there to do the same thing for me. I also realize it was their mistake and that I bought the item fair and square. However, since when does that prevent me from doing a nice thing and helping out a fellow player who's made an honest mistake? I'd rather buy the item at the price the seller intended than profiting at their expense. What it comes down to is, would I rather make someone's day or ruin it? It takes more effort to help someone but I think the reward is definitely worth it. And to me, the feeling that I've made someone's day is about the best reward I could ask for.

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 01:50 PM
Aaahhh, too much text. lol
Anyways, everyone has an evil side, haha.
For me it depends on the person.
If the person's nice and asks for it to give it back due to a mistake, sure, I don't mind.
If the person would bitch at me I'd like tease/annoy that person for a bit and then return it later, haha.
Not hearing anything of the person who did the mistake obviously is already calling for "Hey, does he/she even care? Oh well.." xD

Bolvyn
Apr 14, 2008, 02:09 PM
I had that happen to me.
I put a S rank in my bot for 50k I ment 5mill. Some one got it for 50k.
Like allot of people sed its mine too bad. I think that is not cool. That shows how many people are ass hole and not honest on the game. I say it all greed not fun when you have greedy player on the game. Good news I found something better that day so I mad up for it at the end. Now the S rank That I had only goes for 50k so I hope he was happy with the S rank he got. So in joy. There is no point in being greedy in this game when all you have to do is wate in 2 or 3 months the S rank you want will be worth shit any ways. So go have fun.

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 02:20 PM
I don't think greedy people would want to wait 2-3 months. lol
And it can't be changed, there are always people like that, it can't be helped.
Just be more careful with your items so it doesn't even have to happen, if it does and a "greedy" person grabs it, then you're the unlucky one, nothing to discuss about I assume. (wanting to take revenge is just as bad haha lol)

Fanin
Apr 14, 2008, 02:29 PM
I would return it if the person asks for it.
But if it's a board or a rare consumable, I wouldn't return it once it's used, which I hold on to for a day or two if I know the item was clearly mispriced.

Bolvyn
Apr 14, 2008, 03:18 PM
Revenge is not that important to me. It jest show how people are in a game and in real life. Taking advantage of some one. If that what you what to do in you life then fine. You will not amount to nothing. It is a game. The rares are not hard to find jest go and find them. It is not that hard. But like I say its a game. If you can't play with out cheating or taking advantage of some one that show you are not worth my time.

DreXxiN
Apr 14, 2008, 04:39 PM
I put a S rank in my bot for 50k I ment 5mill.

What the hell? That's two digits off; how did you miss so bad?

Eh...I'll let this thread go on a bit more before I expres my own opinions

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-14 14:41 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Apr 14, 2008, 04:47 PM
On 2008-04-08 06:45, Rashiid wrote:
Color coded meseta should be implemented!!!

They are doing that...

I can't tell, but did you know that or not? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Phoenix_Black
Apr 14, 2008, 11:44 PM
I think that it was a mistake on their part, and that in good faith, a buyer should negotiate with the seller a reasonable price to settle on the item. Say, in your case, you bought the serafi-senba, you could suggest that you give them enough meseta so that the total price of the item is half of the price the seller had intended.

DRO
Apr 15, 2008, 12:02 AM
i'd keep it.I once sold a 42% dark gudda hon for 1.45 mil instead of 14.5 mil...=/

AlphaMinotaux
Apr 15, 2008, 12:06 AM
Everything is situational. Also to people who play this game casually 20 million is a huge fortune.

I'm set on cash and I'm not attached to S ranks so I'd give it back myself.

Hiro_EtBlue
Apr 15, 2008, 01:19 AM
I'd probably keep it, but only if I was going to use it. However, I could be persuaded to give them some more meseta depending on how much money I had. It's happened to me with an Agito Repca board, my own fault for doing it. My friends will probably never let me live that one down.

Bolvyn
Apr 15, 2008, 08:49 AM
On 2008-04-14 14:39, DreXxiN wrote:

I put a S rank in my bot for 50k I ment 5mill.

What the hell? That's two digits off; how did you miss so bad?

Eh...I'll let this thread go on a bit more before I expres my own opinions

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-14 14:41 ]</font>

I was tiered and I jest put it in there. and some one jest came in a took it before I had a can change it.

mizukage
Apr 15, 2008, 07:22 PM
Its been months since I last played the game, but I guess PSUniverse is still the same. Items are still pricey as always.

Zarode
Apr 15, 2008, 07:45 PM
On 2008-04-15 17:22, mizukage wrote:
Its been months since I last played the game, but I guess PSUniverse is still the same. Items are still pricey as always.

Seriously, when has that changed with ANY MMO with an economy, of any sort.

Wiz
Apr 15, 2008, 07:53 PM
Of course I'd give it back. I'm not a douche. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

One time, I bought a [B] Psycho Wand for 7mil instead of 70mil. The guy didn't really care anyway, so I kept it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Powder Keg
Apr 15, 2008, 08:55 PM
On 2008-04-15 06:49, Bolvyn wrote:
I was tiered and I jest put it in there. and some one jest came in a took it before I had a can change it.

I can see why you have trouble with numbers alone.

RikaPSOW
Apr 15, 2008, 09:00 PM
i would give it back, i have enough meseta

Gothica
Apr 15, 2008, 10:32 PM
Odd question, how would the person know it was you that bought the said item? Forgive me I haven't messed around with the games interface to see if it shows who bought what. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

But to answer the question, it depends. Some have said the person tried to scam them to get the item back but not give the money etc. If the person isn't trustworthy I probably won't give it back. *shrug* And yes I do realize that I'd be in the wrong too but oh well.

misstigress
Apr 16, 2008, 12:53 AM
Unfortunately, if someone is that careless, it's their fault as far as I'm concerned. If I made such a purchase and was feeling charitable, I might return the item to the seller, but not without a tongue/type lashing first so that they would think twice before listing an item like that again.

If the seller was rude about the situation, he/she most certainly wouldn't have their item returned anytime soon.

However, if I was thoughtless enough to make that type of mistake, I wouldn't ask for it back; I'd be far too embarrassed about having made such an error in the first place.

Also, it's "your" and not "youre."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: misstigress on 2008-04-15 22:55 ]</font>

Mortalis
Apr 16, 2008, 06:09 AM
On 2008-04-15 20:32, Gothica wrote:
Odd question, how would the person know it was you that bought the said item? Forgive me I haven't messed around with the games interface to see if it shows who bought what. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I'm actually friends with the person who sold the item this topic is about. He saw the guy buy it, and went to take the money out of his storage when he realized the error.

And contrary to what the topic creator says, the person who sold it didn't actually ask for it back. He went to the buyers room to talk it over. The OP logged out upon seeing my friend...twice, and also deleted two posts on his Bulletin Board about said item. So, yeah, there was no, 'No', involved. The question wasn't even asked.

amtalx
Apr 16, 2008, 06:16 AM
I don't know about how things work on the PC/PS2 servers, but anyone that goes into your room shows up in the recent GTs list in the dashboard.

Danny_Dark
Apr 16, 2008, 06:50 AM

unicorn
Apr 16, 2008, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't. I'm poor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-04-16 05:38 ]</font>

Gothica
Apr 16, 2008, 09:22 AM
On 2008-04-16 04:16, amtalx wrote:
I don't know about how things work on the PC/PS2 servers, but anyone that goes into your room shows up in the recent GTs list in the dashboard.

It does that for us too. But again, it doesn't show if they bought anything. I usually have a habit of going into random shops just to window shop. So unless the player that owned the shop was there, I don't see how they would know you bought it.

And yes, I understand your friend was in the room when the person bought the item. I'm really sorry it happened to him/her.

Delete
Apr 16, 2008, 04:00 PM
Ive read almost this whole board and i too would give the item back. Its easy to say that it was there fault and even though that is true, it doesnt mean that we should be jerks about it. Its things like this that will bring psu down.