PDA

View Full Version : Bullet art advice

thunder-ray
Apr 7, 2008, 05:58 AM
Ive been thinking about getting boma maga. I dont see very many people using the pa. So I was wondering what you guys think if i should get it or not.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 06:12 AM
I'd make it secondary. There are far more useful bullets. Work on Duranga and a few elements before getting to that one, then level Maga if you have the time.

jayster
Apr 7, 2008, 10:07 AM
I love the grenade launcher but i'm not leveling up any more pa's for it until I level up the gunmaster pa's first. I'd advice the same.... and then get Boma Duranga first.

panzer_unit
Apr 7, 2008, 10:30 AM
Boma Maga isn't worth it... if you want to continually pop guaranteed freeze effects, switch jobs to Protranser and use Freeze Ex traps instead.

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 10:40 AM
I agree with Panzer. Boma Maga is okay, but my Lvl 31+ Freeze bullet does about the same as far as freeze is concernd. It's has major downsides, a.) its an old PA so it's expensive (comparitively) and b.) it serves little purpose anymore with EX traps and such. Level up your Freeze Shot rifle...at 31+ it's pretty much just as good as Boma Maga.

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 10:42 AM
I still love Rifle freeze. That was my first Rifle bullet (I believe).
The fact that it's going to get better, all by itself, is rather nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-07 08:43 ]</font>

Legendria
Apr 7, 2008, 10:48 AM
Killer Shot, all 6 rifles. Forget that other crap o_o

Sylpheed
Apr 7, 2008, 10:49 AM
On 2008-04-07 08:48, Legendria wrote:

Agreed.

amtalx
Apr 7, 2008, 11:08 AM
On 2008-04-07 08:49, Sylpheed wrote:

Agreed.

Double auto-fail, haha. The only thing to use Maga on is large creatures for the most part, just to keep them in place so the fighters can go PA crazy. KS wont't work on large mobs.

Chaobo99
Apr 7, 2008, 11:23 AM
On 2008-04-07 09:08, amtalx wrote:

Agreed.

Double auto-fail, haha.

Agreed.

Sylpheed
Apr 7, 2008, 02:46 PM

Agreed.

Double auto-fail, haha. The only thing to use Maga on is large creatures for the most part, just to keep them in place so the fighters can go PA crazy. KS wont't work on large mobs.

Aww look at little amtalx thinking hes the authority on all things gunner, lulz. Newsflash idiot, your opnion isn't fact.

Boma Duranga is definately the direction to go on the grenade launcher front. I personally don't use maga as i more often than not only use my nade laucnher on bosses making Duranga the more feasible option.

panzer_unit
Apr 7, 2008, 03:33 PM
On 2008-04-07 12:46, Sylpheed wrote:
Aww look at little amtalx thinking hes the authority on all things gunner, lulz. Newsflash idiot, your opnion isn't fact.

I agree, that was a hilarious burn. I'm so glad you laughed and took it like a man instead of showing off how insecure you are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-07 13:34 ]</font>

biggabertha
Apr 7, 2008, 04:14 PM
Boma Maga's more useful as a Fortegunner than as a Protranser but it's neither meant for damage nor is it really that great for keeping up to three enemies frozen when a faster firing rate weapon may be able to out-do it in activation. COupled with how long it takes for PS2s to load up bullets, chance of slowdown while maneuvering yourself into position thus shooting in the wrong direction and how you've got a decent chance at missing the first shot if you're not careful/good/lucky, Boma Maga's not as good as it used to be. It's cheaper and a bit stronger than before though.

You watch... Going the way Sega have gone, Boma Maga, Chousei-Sou and Masei-Sou will get some awesome benefit and all of those whom leveled them to 40 will be LAUGHING. LAUGHING I SAY!!! LAuGHinG liKE SomE crAZy CAsT!!!!1

DEM_CIG
Apr 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-04-07 14:14, biggabertha wrote
You watch... Going the way Sega have gone, Boma Maga, Chousei-Sou and Masei-Sou will get some awesome benefit and all of those whom leveled them to 40 will be LAUGHING. LAUGHING I SAY!!! LAuGHinG liKE SomE crAZy CAsT!!!!1

Thats the funniest thing i read all day.

dc534
Apr 7, 2008, 04:42 PM
Here's the thing boma maga is good in a few situations, fighting bil de ver, fighting the rainbow beast guy, fighting the svultus. THe only downside is it only really starts to get good at 21, where it can freeze up to 3 enemies. Also I would buy some high pp weapons if you are seriously going to use this, I kind of like the azul fire, it looks cool and with 10 grinds it has over 1600 pp which is up there with the song for death. Really though this pa could wait, freeze traps ex and regular work just as well, rifles and bows also work pretty decently enough. I would say hold off on that pa, but that is just me.

Sylpheed
Apr 7, 2008, 05:23 PM
On 2008-04-07 13:33, panzer_unit wrote:

I agree, that was a hilarious burn. I'm so glad you laughed and took it like a man instead of showing off how insecure you are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-07 13:34 ]</font>

Awesome, a flame war. Does it make me insecure about *please insert what im actually insecure about here* by replying to your post. Or are you yet another person who won't accept that they're not always right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2008-04-07 15:30 ]</font>

desturel
Apr 7, 2008, 05:56 PM
On 2008-04-07 14:24, DEM_CIG wrote:

On 2008-04-07 14:14, biggabertha wrote

Thats the funniest thing i read all day.

A friend of mine has Boma Maga is 31 and Chousei-sou 30. I'm working on Masei-sou... it's only 10 right now, but one day it will be 40 and I'll be laughing. Laughing because I would have realized that I have gone insane while leveling it. >.>

thunder-ray
Apr 8, 2008, 05:49 AM
Ok well ive read all of your replys and some of you feel that its a useless pa and not worth the time. However some of you feel that it is a usefull pa and is worth the lvling. To reply some of the answers of changing to PT and just using freeze ex traps thats about the only thing that makes it a good class. PT real power in my opinion is in there traps and im not a heavy trap user. What amtalx said seems to be on the line of what i would think about doing in the long run. I do have durenga I just havent lvled it yet cuz of the dmg u take when u hit mobs is pretty hard on my hp and my gunner is only like on lvl 88. When my gunner hits 100 I plan on lvling durenga to 21 for the dmg I mainly want to get maga for team support just incase we dont have PT's with freeze traps ex. I only wanted to get the opinions of all the players to get a better idea if the pa is worth the time spent or not. I still havent made my choice if im going to get the pa or not. If you guys still want to you can reply on my post for your answers if you like to help me choice to get it or not.

Tetsaru
Apr 8, 2008, 06:23 AM
When I first got Boma Maga, I leveled it for a little while... and then deleted it. :3

But yah, I'll pretty much say what has been said already: if you're THAT desperate to freeze stuff, use traps, or a high-level rifle or bow ice shot. There just isn't anything good about Boma Maga, really... starting out, it only hits ONE enemy (targets multiple enemies at higher levels, iirc), it has no element, it has HORRIBLE stats and PP consumption, and the freeze effect doesn't even last that long. And as slow and tricky as grenades can be to aim sometimes, that's just epic fail.

Imo, Boma Duranga is the only grenade PA you'll ever need. I did more damage with it at lv1 against De Ragan at Plains Overlord S2 than I did with my ice grenades at about lv26 - nearly capped at the time, lol... O_o; Just be sure to keep an eye on your HP when using it; I can kill myself with it in about 3 or 4 hits against dragon bosses, lol.

amtalx
Apr 8, 2008, 06:32 AM
I think there are few if any PAs in this game that are useless, but some are best served in so few situations that your time is better spent leveling other bullets. Once you get to a position where you have all your "clutch" skills leveled, then you can start looking at the smaller niche skills.

As far as Duranga use, I would avoid using it on mobs mid-mission simply because you may need to save your mates for the boss. Obviously the mitigating factors for that situation are if you have a heal slave or the mission has no end boss. In those cases, fire away. Just make sure to do it in times/places that won't irritate your team. I would recommend leveling an element or two so that you can use a Grenade Launcher without damaging yourself. Any of the strong elements are a good choice (Dark, Ground, Fire) and maybe Ice if you run missions with Fire enemies a lot.

Boma Duranga is definately the direction to go on the grenade launcher front. I personally don't use maga as i more often than not only use my nade laucnher on bosses making Duranga the more feasible option.

I wouldn't go so far as to say anything is absolute in this game, but there are definetly accepted truths...like using KS on every mission may be a bad idea. I'm not going to tell you how to play your game, but the OP asked for advice, so I gave it. Although, I'm a little confused why you're picking a fight if we both agree that Duranga is a better choice for Grenade Launchers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2008-04-08 07:29 ]</font>

Sylpheed
Apr 8, 2008, 07:50 AM
On 2008-04-08 04:32, amtalx wrote:
I think there are few if any PAs in this game that are useless, but some are best served in so few situations that your time is better spent leveling other bullets. Once you get to a position where you have all your "clutch" skills leveled, then you can start looking at the smaller niche skills.

As far as Duranga use, I would avoid using it on mobs mid-mission simply because you may need to save your mates for the boss. Obviously the mitigating factors for that situation are if you have a heal slave or the mission has no end boss. In those cases, fire away. Just make sure to do it in times/places that won't irritate your team. I would recommend leveling an element or two so that you can use a Grenade Launcher without damaging yourself. Any of the strong elements are a good choice (Dark, Ground, Fire) and maybe Ice if you run missions with Fire enemies a lot.

I wouldn't go so far as to say anything is [/]iabsolute[/i] in this game, but there are definetly accepted truths...like using KS on every mission may be a bad idea. I'm not going to tell you how to play your game, but the OP asked for advice, so I gave it. Although, I'm a little confused why you're picking a fight if we both agree that Duranga is a better choice for Grenade Launchers.

I was more edging towards the fact that i tend to use KS more than elemental bullets for the rifle. The reason for this being if im going for opposite element max damage i tend to use the shotty or laser. More so, once Rifles get knockdown i will enjoy that set up even more.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 8, 2008, 08:25 AM
On 2008-04-08 05:50, Sylpheed wrote:

I wouldn't go so far as to say anything is [/]iabsolute[/i] in this game, but there are definetly accepted truths...like using KS on every mission may be a bad idea. I'm not going to tell you how to play your game, but the OP asked for advice, so I gave it. Although, I'm a little confused why you're picking a fight if we both agree that Duranga is a better choice for Grenade Launchers.

I was more edging towards the fact that i tend to use KS more than elemental bullets for the rifle. The reason for this being if im going for opposite element max damage i tend to use the shotty or laser. More so, once Rifles get knockdown i will enjoy that set up even more.

but i think you're forgetting that KS won't be getting the knock down ability after it hits 31, and hell at 31+ the elemental rifle bullets get one heck of a increase in atk power. Using KS on everything seems to be a waste of PP as well, so unless you are carrying loads of grinded rifles or stacks of em/chargers it seems that elemental bullets would be a better bet anyways

Sylpheed
Apr 8, 2008, 08:51 AM
On 2008-04-08 06:25, DarkEliteRico wrote:

but i think you're forgetting that KS won't be getting the knock down ability after it hits 31, and hell at 31+ the elemental rifle bullets get one heck of a increase in atk power. Using KS on everything seems to be a waste of PP as well, so unless you are carrying loads of grinded rifles or stacks of em/chargers it seems that elemental bullets would be a better bet anyways

I was actually unaware that KS didn't acquire knockdown at 31+. Even so, i shall most probably keep a rifle on KS for convenience purposes.

LuigiMario
Apr 8, 2008, 08:54 AM
On 2008-04-08 06:51, Sylpheed wrote:

On 2008-04-08 06:25, DarkEliteRico wrote:

I was actually unaware that KS didn't acquire knockdown at 31+. Even so, i shall most probably keep a rifle on KS for convenience purposes.

How about KS and Megid together on one character using both at the same time. Now thats a lethal combo.

panzer_unit
Apr 8, 2008, 10:28 AM
On 2008-04-08 04:23, Tetsaru wrote:
But yah, I'll pretty much say what has been said already: if you're THAT desperate to freeze stuff, use traps, or a high-level rifle or bow ice shot.

Boma Maga is REALLY good at freezing stuff even when a whole team's beating on it... much better than everything except Freeze EX traps. If it weren't for those and the fact thatProtransers have 4/5 of Fortegunner's S-rank weapons and how no other jobs than those two can use grenades I'd be like "hell yes get boma maga".

thunder-ray
Apr 8, 2008, 10:30 AM
Well amtalx after reading your reply you brought up a good point. My only highest nade bullet art atm is my freeze nade which is on 19 it does decent dmg. But i need to lvl up a dark or ground nade for dmg since durenga is a Double edge attack bullet art. With that said I have chosen not to get boma maga for that reason that I need to lvl a good dmg nade. I will in the future however get the pa after ive lvled my bullet arts to the point that i just need a new one to lvl XD. I Thank you all for your replys on my post. I would also like to add a special thanks to amtalx's replys as they seemed to help me make a better choice. Its good to know that we have gun masters around here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thunder-ray on 2008-04-08 08:33 ]</font>

Poncho_Jr
Apr 8, 2008, 11:06 AM
On 2008-04-07 09:23, Chaobo99 wrote:

Agreed.

Double auto-fail, haha.

Agreed.

I agree to disagree.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 8, 2008, 11:09 AM
I've only ever passively used Boma Duragana, but mine's almost level 30. I can't see myself leveling up an elemental grenade PA. Even with the extreme HP reflect, since we can carry 20 trimates, there's really nothing to fear from using it.

Nirvash7
Apr 8, 2008, 03:54 PM
I have Duranga to 40 and when using an Asted 4/4 with the Rabol Asted armor, I have to heal every 2 shots. If I get just one critical hit, I have to heal every shot.

cheapgunner
Apr 9, 2008, 08:18 AM
On 2008-04-08 13:54, Nirvash7 wrote:
I have Duranga to 40 and when using an Asted 4/4 with the Rabol Asted armor, I have to heal every 2 shots. If I get just one critical hit, I have to heal every shot.

For me, duranga is the only nade bullet to use. I have a 8/10 asted, with the armor, the bullet at 37, and I'm almost capped. After the 1st shot at max hp, if the 2nd one crits, I'm dead. Not to mention the buff pills I use, about ~8400 per shot is kinda nice. >.>