PDA

View Full Version : cati/ bullet save: whats the deal

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 10:28 AM
It's says that Jaggo's lvl 100-145 drop the cati-bullet save. WHITE BEAST has 100+ jaggos. The other day I was doing runs on S white beast when the jaggos spawned and dropped a GIGA-BULLET PP SAVE.......... WHATS THE DEAL????

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 10:30 AM
Because, like a lot of Rares of a lower category; they're still in the drop loop.

Kind of a similar reason why you can run an S2 mission and still get Monomate drops.

Mysterious-G
Apr 7, 2008, 10:30 AM
White Beast is.. well, weird, anyway. Ollakas also still drop Nokuku(?)-Zashis.
Maybe they somewhat still have the old map there. *shrugs*

BFGfreak
Apr 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I think they forgot to put a cap on when Giga saves stop dropping, because from what I hear, lv 100+ jaggos/rappies drop both the Giga and Cati saves, which is kind of a downer for people who can't seem to get rare spawns to save their lives.

Edit: beaten by 2 people, man these guys are fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BFGfreak on 2008-04-07 08:32 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 10:33 AM
To a certain degree, it is not. Remember when Giga Bullet/Saves were incredibly hard to get, and costed up to 8 Million in the old days? Now you have level 100+ jaggos who drop them with a higher drop rate. So, for people who can't get rares to save their lives, they can get Giga Saves. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Catis might be wierd, though. I got the Cati/Power looking for my first ever DeRagan Tail. And oddly enough, I got that Cati unit before I got the Tail. What a stingy DeRagan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-07 08:35 ]</font>

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 10:35 AM
I guess....The funny part is I actually found a cati/skill even though I dont' even want it. But like 2 months earlier I couldn't find a giga/skill save to SAVE my life. lol .... Funny the way things work out in this game

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 10:36 AM
I'm almost convinced that you get Catis when you don't look for them. So maybe when you find a Cati in the list, look for something else in the list and hunt for that. The Cati might arrive before you get what you were looking for.

Fortunately, that Cati/Power was something I could definitely use. Now, I still need the Giga Bullet Save during a run, even with the large collection of weapons I tote with me at one time; but with Bosses, I can go all out and the Cati/Power serves me well there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-07 08:41 ]</font>

Mysterious-G
Apr 7, 2008, 10:37 AM
On 2008-04-07 08:35, Andy1423 wrote:
I guess....The funny part is I actually found a cati/skill even though I dont' even want it. But like 2 months earlier I couldn't find a giga/skill save to SAVE my life. lol .... Funny the way things work out in this game

If you have a heart.. gib. ;o

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 10:49 AM
If you have a heart.. gib. ;o

ummm i don't follow...

Syanaide
Apr 7, 2008, 10:51 AM
gib = give. He's making a joke since you said you don't want it.

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 10:55 AM
oh...lol. well it's in my shop on the 360 severs. ill make you a deal.

Mysterious-G
Apr 7, 2008, 11:28 AM
Lol, nah, I am on PC. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
(And I will wait for mag to make that unit cheap. :3)

Golto
Apr 7, 2008, 11:41 AM
Lets hope it gets fixed sometime in the future, gigas still dropping at lvl 100+ is just stupid.

Billy960
Apr 7, 2008, 12:17 PM
Seems like Cati only drop in non-AoI missions. All the ones I heard about dropping were found at Foran while White Beast has only ever dropped Giga. Try hunting at Foran if you want a Cati/Bullet Save.

jayster
Apr 7, 2008, 12:32 PM
On 2008-04-07 10:17, Billy960 wrote:
Seems like Cati only drop in non-AoI missions. All the ones I heard about dropping were found at Foran while White Beast has only ever dropped Giga. Try hunting at Foran if you want a Cati/Bullet Save.

I remember someone saying they found a cati / bullet on white beast in the trade forums.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=172910&forum=2

Last post says he found it on De Rol Le, that's AOI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2008-04-07 10:38 ]</font>

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 03:23 PM
hmmm. Thats very strange, because in the other form of drop, does a lower unit take it's place when the enemy level is correct. PSO world says it should only be a CATI at 100+

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2008, 03:29 PM
So far, in this game. Many things stay in rotation no matter what the level of Mobs you fight. You can still get the lowest of the low drops regardless of enemy level. I tend to think of things of items you can only get Past a certain level, but not in items you can no longer get Past a certain level.

Meseta seems to be the only thing, I see, you're guarranteed to see a fixed increase based on level. eg. You won't get C-class Meseta drop amounts in an S-class. I could be wrong, particularly with certain bosses, but for most things I've seen one could come to the conclusion that most things stay in rotation from the right mobs or boxes once it's possible to get them.

Andy1423
Apr 7, 2008, 03:38 PM
Well, for some reason aside from syth mats, the jaggo at 100+ and the rappies do rotate between cati and giga according to PSU pedia. So i guess that answers my question.

greenwillie
Apr 7, 2008, 07:18 PM
my friend cigar who is also gizmos friend found the cati / bullet save on foran waterfall my friend was mistaken when he said de rol le the unit was actually found on duel in the ruins s2

Andy1423
Apr 8, 2008, 09:16 AM

I think you're right. They must have messed somthing up, and the cati/bullet only drops from non AOI missions.

If anyone out there has confirmed otherwise please post it here. We'll get to the bottom of this sooner or later.

I've already seen a giga drop in place of a cati on WHITE BEAST S with 110 jaggo's. Although pedia has these drops listed as either giga or cati, but psoworld doesn't.

Also people that have found it seem to only find it at FORAN Duel in the Ruines S2. I wonder if anyone has found a giga instead of a cati at Duel S2. I think that would clear up alot of questions.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2008, 10:49 PM
I'm surprised by the lack of
http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Jerry_Seinfeld/jerry_seinfeld__1_.jpg

Apone
Apr 8, 2008, 11:01 PM
level 100+ olakas in old missions drop katsuno boards as well so yeah its like they re- adjusted the old missions and overlooked the new missions. They forgot to break out that bottle of continuity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Powder Keg
Apr 8, 2008, 11:10 PM
"What's the deal with Cati/Bullet Save? I mean, it NEVER drops!"

edit: OMG, I was beat to the same seinfeld picture!! Nice Zora

but really, I have yet to see anyone with this item. I've seen some Cati/Skills, but that's probably because of FOI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-04-08 21:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-04-08 21:12 ]</font>

Syl
Apr 8, 2008, 11:45 PM
I know someone who got the Cati/Bullet Save from Forran lol

chu-chu-chu
Apr 9, 2008, 10:35 AM
Do you need 2 players to get to the jaggos in Duel? (no lag/tornado dance BS, please).

GoldenFalcon
Apr 9, 2008, 11:28 AM
I saw Cati/Bullet Save drop in Awoken Serpent S2. The item is definitely available to AoI missions.

Andy1423
Apr 9, 2008, 11:38 AM
I should specify that were talking about the 360 servers, or at least that's what I'm reffering to. If you did see a CATI drop on AW S2 then I would have to say that the chances or getting it from AOI missions seems to be way harder, and that Duel in Ruines S2 is a better bet. But still to early to tell.