PDA

View Full Version : About Technics...

Poncho_Jr
Apr 8, 2008, 07:45 PM
Who here believes they could've done a better job on the graphics of the technics. Magic is always supposed to have a "omg, wow factor"
For example.
Rafoie could've have some black smoke pertruding out of it.
Or Gibarta having some smore smoke/mist effects, then cracking into little shards after.
The Zondes could've had more shocky things or whatever.
The technics, as is, are okay.
But even adding the smallest details, like smoke or something, would've made them better. =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poncho_Jr on 2008-04-08 17:45 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Apr 8, 2008, 08:35 PM
We're both talking about sonic team right?

Weeaboolits
Apr 8, 2008, 09:03 PM
No thank you, they make my PS2 sad enough already. :<

darkante
Apr 8, 2008, 10:39 PM
On 2008-04-08 19:03, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Yeah itīs a bad idea then.
Cooler effects and other things to spice up the visual for teh loser. *sarkasm*

Seriously, wouldnīt you want it too?

Inazuma
Apr 9, 2008, 11:32 AM
the techs actually have extremely impressive visuals. you just need a nice video card for your pc and you will see em.

Kylie
Apr 9, 2008, 12:47 PM

Yes, mine too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif And they do have nice graphics, especially at LV30+ and LV40+.

enoch
Apr 9, 2008, 12:50 PM
igk, I think they did a good job. nothing will ever be as asexy as PSOs Megid

Uncle_bob
Apr 9, 2008, 04:25 PM
Lacks heatwave effects, right? :[

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 9, 2008, 04:40 PM
For what it's worth, Techniques in the Phantasy Star series have always been a "watered down" sort of magic, that Mr. Everyman can use. In the classic series, a full-blown Esper or Wizard was required before true "magic" could be done. Flaeli is a much more powerful spell than Foie, for example; Flaeli being a true magic Fire spell, Foie being a simple Technique.

Weeaboolits
Apr 9, 2008, 11:47 PM
On 2008-04-08 20:39, darkante wrote:

No thank you, they make my PS2 sad enough already. :<Yeah itīs a bad idea then.

Seriously, wouldnīt you want it too?I actually think they look quite good considering how the rest of the game does, but what I meant is that they already take a large toll on the hardware, if they were to add a lot more little touches it could make using them completely intolerable on some platforms (namely PS2) due to the amount of slowdown they would generate (or how much they already so). It really wouldn't add enough to be worth it.

Also, the PS2 version begins cutting visual effects when it runs low on memory for them, I've had my Rafoie turn into giant pixel blocks and had Vanda's fire breath turn invisible, I have no desire to have this sort of thing happen more often just for a little bit of smoke. Granted they wouldn't necessarily need to implement it into the PS2 version, it already lacks shadow mapping.

I really wish they'd change PS2's visual effects intelligently, I mean, they remove special blocking effects from some armors, why not make lighting less dynamic instead, it's not like the feathers would have taken much more a toll on the hardware than a generic blocking animation.

darkante
Apr 10, 2008, 05:34 AM
On 2008-04-09 21:47, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

On 2008-04-08 20:39, darkante wrote:

No thank you, they make my PS2 sad enough already. :<Yeah itīs a bad idea then.

Seriously, wouldnīt you want it too?I actually think they look quite good considering how the rest of the game does, but what I meant is that they already take a large toll on the hardware, if they were to add a lot more little touches it could make using them completely intolerable on some platforms (namely PS2) due to the amount of slowdown they would generate (or how much they already so). It really wouldn't add enough to be worth it.

Also, the PS2 version begins cutting visual effects when it runs low on memory for them, I've had my Rafoie turn into giant pixel blocks and had Vanda's fire breath turn invisible, I have no desire to have this sort of thing happen more often just for a little bit of smoke. Granted they wouldn't necessarily need to implement it into the PS2 version, it already lacks shadow mapping.

I really wish they'd change PS2's visual effects intelligently, I mean, they remove special blocking effects from some armors, why not make lighting less dynamic instead, it's not like the feathers would have taken much more a toll on the hardware than a generic blocking animation.

Why not just switch to the Pc version if your Pc can handle it?
This game seems to be too demanding on a PS2.

Weeaboolits
Apr 10, 2008, 06:03 AM
That's the thing, my PC CAN'T handle it, it can barely handle PSO Ver.2.

Unfortunately, I simply don't have the money to upgrade it to the point I can run PSU.

darkante
Apr 10, 2008, 06:06 AM
On 2008-04-10 04:03, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
That's the thing, my PC CAN'T handle it, it can barely handle PSO Ver.2.

Unfortunately, I simply don't have the money to upgrade it to the point I can run PSU.

Aha i see.
Yeah a good PC is pretty expensive nowdays.

Umberger
Apr 10, 2008, 03:16 PM
I think the TECHNIC visuals are fine as is (especially some of the higher level ones), but I can't help but wonder if they would have looked better had this been a true next-gen game (i.e. not developed for PS2).

Nitro Vordex
Apr 10, 2008, 04:07 PM
On 2008-04-08 18:35, Ryan113 wrote:
We're both talking about sonic team right?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

anyway, having better effects won't make them any stronger. So other than that, I don't see the point.

Sinue_v2
Apr 10, 2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah a good PC is pretty expensive nowdays.

Not really. A hard-core, balls-out, gaming rig can get kind of pricey... but a new computer capable of running PSU at a decent clip is fairly inexpensive. You can get a decent PC for less than the cost of a next-gen gaming console. Especially if you build it yourself. Just use the PC you already have and upgrade it. All you REALLY need is a new Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and perhaps a Mid-to-low range graphics card and Power Supply. Your existing monitor, peripherals, drives, case, OS, etc, etc will work fine. 100-150 for the Mobo & CPU combo, 30 for the Ram, 75-120 for the graphics card, and around 15 for the power supply. Overall less than $300. Which you could probably even cut down to 200 or less if you really shop for good deals.

Powder Keg
Apr 10, 2008, 05:52 PM
They really couldn't have, because the PS2 really wouldn't be able to handle it.