PDA

View Full Version : Hoo misses the twin Mechineguns from PSO ?

Bolvyn
Apr 9, 2008, 10:40 AM
I miss them. I wish thay were back.
Thay were good for every thing.

Anduril
Apr 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
I was never a big fan of them. Plus I can only imagine what horror ST will wreak with them in PSU. Imagine them shooting out continuous bullets from both rather than small bursts.

amtalx
Apr 9, 2008, 10:50 AM
I rarely used them, they had their times to shine though.

desturel
Apr 9, 2008, 10:52 AM
The thing I miss most about PSO machine guns was the kick animation as you used reverser (giresta) on people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The kick foie wasn't bad either. I never did like the girl's "lean forward while casting with machine guns" so I rarely used females with machine guns.

Andy1423
Apr 9, 2008, 11:08 AM
NOOBS... Who didn't use mechguns, cause you guys are first I've ever read about not using them. One of the best weapons for the ranger class. THEY SHOULD BE IN PSU, it's stupid that they're not. The single mechgun blows in this game, it's annyoing.

EDIT: Removed offensive word.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2008-04-09 16:24 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Apr 9, 2008, 11:40 AM
I dont care...

MSAksion
Apr 9, 2008, 11:47 AM
GUNTECHER S rank FTW

Mech gun rock. DUAL mech guns... i never played PSO but from what i see a single Mech can do i would love to see a two handed version.

landman
Apr 9, 2008, 12:05 PM
PSO Machine-guns are similar to PSU Twin Handguns, and we don't have the PSO 3 combo restriction so I don't see why would we need them

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2008, 12:10 PM
On 2008-04-09 09:56, panzer_unit wrote:
They get so upset having to use a balanced weapon selection and show a little skill.

This is already being exercised in quite a few ways. It's also not limited to PSU. You can tell by the numbers of people that flock to certain classes, in this game; that advantageous weapon selection and power draws people.

I'm always curious about *what-ifs* for new weapon ideas, but it also comes down to the question of how they would balance them and/or actually make them unique enough to have an application. Single mechguns already have a very fast repeating function, and technically outdo the original twin handguns based on a change of combat style. Even better, they allow you to have another weapon or wand in hand. Unless there's some more in-depth changes in function, the main purpose to having them is just to emulate some movie character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-09 10:14 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Apr 9, 2008, 12:17 PM
Dual Mechguns? In my PSU?

HEL YEH

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
I miss the style of twin mechs as well. Just from a purely cosmetic value.

Golto
Apr 9, 2008, 12:24 PM
I miss my Yasminkov 9000M, twin mechs could be done but since no real talk of another expansion we won't be seeing them.

panzer_unit
Apr 9, 2008, 12:29 PM
On 2008-04-09 10:17, F-Gattaca wrote:
Dual Mechguns? In my PSU?

HEL YEH

Real men use twin handguns... I do want "aviators-and-a-toothpick" face accessory sets for that hard-boiled guardian look.

Akaimizu
Apr 9, 2008, 12:32 PM
Ocelot would probably disagree with you there. He believed in the single revolver. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But the Aviators and a Toothpick does bring a smile to me.

"Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-09 10:32 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Apr 9, 2008, 12:45 PM
On 2008-04-09 10:32, Akaimizu wrote:
Ocelot would probably disagree with you there. He believed in the single revolver. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But the Aviators and a Toothpick does bring a smile to me.

... and I'd disagree about Ocelot's claim to being a real man.

Rust
Apr 9, 2008, 12:52 PM
I do only for the look you had with them.
If they were implemented either as actual twin mechguns or only as twin handguns with mechgun skins, that would be the same for me.

enoch
Apr 9, 2008, 12:57 PM
On 2008-04-09 09:47, MSAksion wrote:
GUNTECHER S rank FTW

Mech gun rock. DUAL mech guns... i never played PSO but from what i see a single Mech can do i would love to see a two handed version.

never played pso?! can you even use those words in the same order? Gawd if I knew you Id go buy you a copy. just cause its a game you need to play...how sad, it makes me wanna cry

RadiantLegend
Apr 9, 2008, 12:59 PM
Make them charge mechs too.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
Considering the way weapons, and guns in particular, work very different, it just doesn't make sense.
In PSO, you had unlimited ammo, so the mechguns had 3 round bursts, up to a 3 combo
Now, you have one gun that fires repeatedly until you're out of PP. The mechgun now works like an actual mechgun.

THE JACKEL

lokey013
Apr 9, 2008, 02:15 PM
I just want my Soul Banish =/

Middle
Apr 9, 2008, 02:34 PM
I miss them ... I like them ...

Darkly
Apr 9, 2008, 02:48 PM
they looked cooler ( the way you held them) than they do now.

seph_monkey
Apr 9, 2008, 05:12 PM
oh man i would love twinmechs, it is sick to know the guildmilla will be twinpistols.
they should bring them back but have them shoot in burst, like in pso.

Retehi
Apr 9, 2008, 05:15 PM
No. I had enough of them after seeing every lamewad HUcast/HUmar/HUwhatever using 50% Charge Mechs in PSO everytime I joined a game.

Magus_84
Apr 9, 2008, 07:07 PM
Sad there's not a "hell no keep them away" option.

And this is coming from someone whose primary weapon on Fomar was those mechguns.They were so stupidly overpowered it's not even funny. With a Force's relatively low ATP, you could kill more than half the enemies in the game with one combo, without using specials. Throw that onto a class with actual ATP, and you have something very scary.

It's not often that one weapon type can render an entire subclass of weapons (Single-target Hunter stuff) almost completely obsolete for their primary purpose.

Sure, Majarra, Jabroga and Chikki are overused and disproportionately strong. But at least enemies on PSU don't actively punish you for not fighting at range.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 9, 2008, 07:10 PM
Not only were they way past broken on PSO, I also thought they looked really ugly by and large.

So no, like most things from PSO, keep them out of PSU.

Randomness
Apr 9, 2008, 07:12 PM
I just want to be able to use two of the Tenora mechs. They just look awesome imo.

RemiusTA
Apr 9, 2008, 10:31 PM
I think it would be awesome, but dont know how it would work. (i do know having a Dual Mechgun animation would be EFFING awesome, holding 2 mechguns like y our rambo or somebody)

it would either be a lagtastic amount of numbers on the screen at once, or it would just have the mechguns doing double damage. OR, it would just technically be one mechgun but with like double the speed of fire to feel like two.

I personally think it would be awesome in a future expansion to have gunners with Twin Weapons be able to go into a sort of Twin FPS mode. (for PS2 users, right analog = right aim, left analog = left aim. You'd be stationary and the camera would actually zoom out from First Person, but you could aim at 2 things at once.)

It'll never happen, though.

Weeaboolits
Apr 10, 2008, 12:57 AM
So you want Dual handguns with a higher firing rate that you can't move while using?

Sounds reasonable to me.

Miyoko
Apr 10, 2008, 05:03 AM
On 2008-04-09 08:40, Bolvyn wrote:
I miss them. I wish thay were back.
Thay were good for every thing.

You mean the weapon that made every other single target weapon (and many multi-target ones) totally and completely useless? No thanks.

Cry0
Apr 10, 2008, 05:37 AM
I've said I don't care because 1) I'd like them back because they were pretty fun using them, but 2) I've grown accustomed to the state the weapons are in now, and I don't mind.

I would like to see double wielding machineguns as they are now, like they do with twin handguns though. But, that ain't gonna happen.

Weeaboolits
Apr 10, 2008, 05:53 AM
It'd be nice if remade PSO mechguns had a firing animation that LOOKED like a three round burst.

Cry0
Apr 10, 2008, 06:27 AM
robocop gun ftw

zeroguy518
Apr 10, 2008, 07:12 AM
I <3 techin with them, for no reason other than they made me feel like a BAR

Apone
Apr 10, 2008, 07:49 AM
It would be cool if they fired a burst from one then the other and then both at the same time. In a dynamic semi stylish way. That way you could retain the 3 burst combo but not be too outrageuos. If twin guns had a photon art that did that...hmmm...:/

-Chilly
Apr 10, 2008, 08:27 AM
Dual mechs replace single Mechs and have same animation and DPS, I never equip anything along with my mech to make PP charge easier.

Inspektahdek
Apr 10, 2008, 12:23 PM
I liked them on my RAcast way back in the day on PSO when I was legit and things were great. I had a rare dual mech guns of some sort and they were grinded up way high to the highest or close if I do recall. Also I used to love those mech guns where you could use the special button to fire it (slow fire) and in turn would make money or would use money for extra damage. I loved these types of features of PSO.
I

F-Gattaca
Apr 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
On 2008-04-09 20:31, RemiusTA wrote:
I think it would be awesome, but dont know how it would work. (i do know having a Dual Mechgun animation would be EFFING awesome, holding 2 mechguns like y our rambo or somebody)

it would either be a lagtastic amount of numbers on the screen at once, or it would just have the mechguns doing double damage. OR, it would just technically be one mechgun but with like double the speed of fire to feel like two.

I personally think it would be awesome in a future expansion to have gunners with Twin Weapons be able to go into a sort of Twin FPS mode. (for PS2 users, right analog = right aim, left analog = left aim. You'd be stationary and the camera would actually zoom out from First Person, but you could aim at 2 things at once.)

It'll never happen, though.

Any of this would be great. Dual submachineguns are an action hero staple as much as dual handguns--and many games have 'em, like GunZ and Exteel.

Hell, I don't care if they didn't offer anything over single SMGs, I'd still use 'em.

DoubleJG
Apr 10, 2008, 12:57 PM
I don't miss them at all. Why? They were broken.

It got really old really fast seeing every single character in a party running around with Charge Vulcan+9s with 50% hit.