PDA

View Full Version : Coming back (and bringing someone with me?)

Firedancer
Apr 9, 2008, 02:22 PM
I know I'm no regular (ruined a few of the PSOW meetup photos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), I never reached any level caps in PSU even from launch, but I stopped playing just over a year ago, around level 40 or so.

Now, my girlfriend has expressed an interest in playing after hearing me ramble about my love for PSO so I was thinking of starting up again.

I've read a bit about how things have changed, but what do you guys recommend to help her level up? Is it still as difficult as it was to find meseta on C/B rank runs? Is experience more available now the level caps have gone up so much?

Any advice or points you'd like to make would be very welcome.

-Northernsky.

Aries2384
Apr 9, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'd say tell her to be whatever class she's comfy with. If shes a rough and tumble fighter type, get her into FF. If she likes to support or likes high speed combat, get her into Teching or Acrofighter/Figh. She'll find a niche in the game, we all do.

Proto07
Apr 9, 2008, 02:46 PM
Meseta drops are good on lower levels and some missions give tons of mission points. And the MAG event drops April 25th so both of you won't have a problem leveling up.

AlMcFly
Apr 9, 2008, 02:48 PM
I too left during the level 60 cap and came back to find the game 10 times less stressful and lots of things improved. The game is easier in most respects so depending on your point of view that is either bad or good. Meseta grows on trees even on c/b rank runs. If you play an hour a night spamming White Beast in Neudaiz, you can gain 3-4 levels a night straight up to about level 90 (assuming as soon as you reach the prerequisites you go to a higher rank mission). Lots of weapons, PA's, and clothes. Many new lobbies to just afk at also. I recommend coming back. ;P

Wheatpenny
Apr 9, 2008, 02:49 PM
Well as a recent returnee my self first things first get the expansion, cause on april 25th there is gona be an event starting and exp will be increaced by 250% so if ever there was a chance to catch up that would be the time...

Darius_Drake
Apr 9, 2008, 02:49 PM
Don't worry about leveling up now. It is much more friendly in terms of leveling now than it was when the game first came out. If you decide to get the expansion then the leveling will become that much easier as some of the more major experience boards are expansion exclusive.

Katrina
Apr 9, 2008, 03:06 PM
It's a perfect time to come back. Job levels are farly easy, with some C rank missions giving well over 120+ mission points, 250+ meseta was dropping commonly on lowbie C rank Linear Line runs, and XP will get the boost towards the end of this month ;D

Firedancer
Apr 9, 2008, 03:28 PM
Seriously? Sounds like a very good time to get back then. I might get started tomorrow! I'll reactivate my account and hunt down a copy of the expansion as soon as possible.

I remember when I left the economy had just collapsed, people were selling elemental photons for ridiculous amounts, has that sort of thing died down now?

I remember a PSU Wiki that had lots of interesting and useful stuff, I can't find it anymore though, has it disappeared?
(Edit: found it, sorry...)

Thanks everyone,

-Northernsky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firedancer on 2008-04-09 13:30 ]</font>

pikachief
Apr 9, 2008, 03:33 PM
yea no more hacking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

the prices are still high on PC but not nearly as high as they used to be.

also with an event coming out at the end of this month, yes it is a great time for u to come back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome Back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol

Wheatpenny
Apr 9, 2008, 03:39 PM
On 2008-04-09 13:28, Firedancer wrote:
Seriously? Sounds like a very good time to get back then. I might get started tomorrow! I'll reactivate my account and hunt down a copy of the expansion as soon as possible.

I remember when I left the economy had just collapsed, people were selling elemental photons for ridiculous amounts, has that sort of thing died down now?

I remember a PSU Wiki that had lots of interesting and useful stuff, I can't find it anymore though, has it disappeared?

Thanks everyone,

-Northernsky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firedancer on 2008-04-09 13:30 ]</font>

LOL YAY I'M NOT THE ONLY V1 PLAYER ANYMORE!!!

pikachief
Apr 9, 2008, 03:41 PM
On 2008-04-09 13:39, Wheatpenny wrote:

Thanks everyone,

-Northernsky.

yea for like a day or two lol

Wheatpenny
Apr 9, 2008, 03:58 PM
On 2008-04-09 13:41, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-04-09 13:39, Wheatpenny wrote:

Thanks everyone,

-Northernsky.

yea for like a day or two lol

Actualy after my paycheck post tomorrow I am ordering expansion and paying extra for rush delivery...

panzer_unit
Apr 9, 2008, 04:32 PM
On 2008-04-09 13:33, pikachief wrote:
the prices are still high on PC but not nearly as high as they used to be.

I've got to price average equipment synths just above NPC sellback prices to make it move.

Yuneiko
Apr 9, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well, seems i'm late yet again. I'm assuming you're on PC/PS2 servers (only skimmed through the thread), but if you need a person to call on for anything, i'm happy to help.

Firedancer
Apr 9, 2008, 05:10 PM
That'd be brilliant, thanks.

I'm on PC, if my girlfriends PC is up to it she will be too (but I don't think it will be), if not PS2.

Are there still long periods of lag changing weapons in AotI? What other PS2 'quirks' are there?

Zorafim
Apr 9, 2008, 05:14 PM
The economy is much better, and the game is much more friendly towards new players. I really don't think you'll have a problem getting money, but you may have a problem upgrading considering how quickly you can equip weapons now. You shouldn't be stuck in the base classes for too long, so cap them all and see which one you like more (if any).
If you liked the game, I say the game has done nothing but improve (like that was hard). If you want to power your way up, though, White Beast is the current hotspot and gives the largest amount of reward for time spent (it's in neudaiz, go through the temple of air and you should find it).

Make sure to get familiar with all the changes implemented in AoI.

Firedancer
Apr 9, 2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks again. I think my character was a guntecher when I left him alone in his room over a year ago. I'll go and cap all the base classes and get reading.

Really excited about getting stuck in again!