PDA

View Full Version : The Acrotecher Class (which race is the best for it)

Fallbeil
Apr 9, 2008, 04:04 PM
I found this class to be confusing, it involves magic, so i thought surely the newman would be the best race for it, but then why give a newman a melee weapon (whip)? also the skill caps on the spells...im also interested in seeing which race would be the best acrofighter. please explain your vote

Rashiid
Apr 9, 2008, 04:10 PM
Buffs require no TP, so who cares amirite??

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
Beast is probably best, with human only slightly behind. Both newman and cast are pretty pointless, but at least newman has a (pointless) advantage with techs.

Randomness
Apr 9, 2008, 04:20 PM
AT has a high enough TP modifier that newman is fine. Plenty of damage ability when you take in the speed at which they can cast. (Madoog, Har/Quick, class speed boost) Not as much damage as FT with dam- techs can deal, but more survivability to compensate.

The idea of using a beast is interesting though, I may have to try that and see.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 9, 2008, 04:23 PM
What's with the poll choices? You have two of each possible answer.

Tsavo
Apr 9, 2008, 04:34 PM
Beast AT works mighty fine. Incredibly survivable, decent acc due to the high modifier of the class makes for good melee(though remember that AT IS the weakest melee of the melee classes). With a HPC and some good daggers I was tearin it up, throwin out buffs and heals as needed. Recently I switched to Newm out of boredom but thats due to my need to change things for no reason, not because I no longer liked the class/race combo. All things considered its hard to mess up with AT though. Get your support spells up and you'll have a place.

Follisimo
Apr 9, 2008, 04:42 PM
I said a cast for the reason you can SUV, got great ATA, and you don't need TP to just buff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rashiid
Apr 9, 2008, 04:56 PM
On 2008-04-09 14:42, Follisimo wrote:
I said a cast for the reason you can SUV, got great ATA, and you don't need TP to just buff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

This man is smart.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 9, 2008, 06:18 PM
On 2008-04-09 14:56, Rashiid wrote:

On 2008-04-09 14:42, Follisimo wrote:

This man is smart.

Not really, considering the ATP difference (i.e. the only stat that really matters for AT) between Cast and Human is negligible, and everyone knows nanoblasts are much better than SUVs.

Rashiid
Apr 9, 2008, 06:22 PM
Pure sarcasm man. Just a 'techers are supportz lol.' thing.
Guess it's only funny on the official boards...

Ahkaskar
Apr 9, 2008, 06:29 PM
I like playing my Beast AT. I use that invincibility NB because it's 30 seconds and the invulnerability is nice when we need some coordinated punch. I still need to tell my party that I'm going to use the NB before I fire it, but it's not as much of a risk since I don't need to rely on them to heal me and I'll be back into the role for buffing, healing, whip DPS or aoe DPS very quickly.

Shinko
Apr 9, 2008, 06:30 PM
I think its humans. Plus humans get a boast in stat with it. and there attack make them better at use melee weapeons than a newman. Yes newman magic is better but i think there better off as ff's. but hey its all about what you wants. you can make any race with any class good if you know how.

Akaimizu
Apr 10, 2008, 08:49 AM
Technically, based on your weapon selection, it can possibly favor one race over another. The human aspect for this is the bonus and the way it's so easy to take advantage of both the tech and Attack Power side of the class. Sometimes at the same time.

It's very nice to utilize a Whip with a Shadoog as a human. You're basically taking advantage of both sides of your decent average at the same time. Kind of a way of maximizing on your unique balance of Strength and Magic. The fact that both work simultaneously is a major factor on why a human would feel pretty powerful with that setup.

TecherRamen
Apr 10, 2008, 09:24 AM
I played my newman as an AT for a long time. If you are a magic user and your spells are not 31+ . the only difference to some one with low techs is the use of rods, and they are slow anyway. Either way I still think AT is the most versatile class there is.

Kelvie
Apr 10, 2008, 09:35 AM
In my opinion, any race is fine for AT.
What is awesome with this job, is that it is so balanced that you can do anything out of it, depending of your play-style.

Just question how you want to play the job, and choose a race depending on what you are gonna use most.
As for me, I play AT with my human, because I love to use both melee and offensives spells at high-speed.

Marik
Apr 10, 2008, 09:40 AM
I went Human Female. I use saber, dagger, whip, card and spells.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 10, 2008, 12:46 PM
My CAST went AT for super buffs (come on 50!) and high melee/bullet damage and accuracy. Slapped an HPC on her and she's doing great. I don't use a SUV, though. Not my kind of thing.

Tetsaru
Apr 10, 2008, 08:45 PM
Personally, I use a female Newman for my AT, and sometimes switch back and forth between FT with her. If you have a Har/Quick and several good wands and tech-mags, you can cast like CRAZY. After I buff/Giresta the party, I'll usually just spam something like Foie, Diga, or Megid, or any other spell I find appropriate. I also keep Resta/Reverser on most of my weapons so I can heal at any moment's notice. Also, if you equip something like a Rabol Lefba + Orpad/Legs (don't have one of these yet tho), along with your Zodial buff, your evasion's gonna be high enough to block just about anything. If you're good with Just Counter, you can get your spells going REALLY fast this way. Add in a high-level Giresta, and you're pretty much invincible.

I also tend to use a Storm Line + Storm combo along with a Vish Adac, in case my spell-spamming isn't working out for me (I prefer handguns simply for the fact that you can FPV aim with them, unlike cards). The Storm Line's extra slot (compared to the Rabol Lefba, which doesn't have one) also allows me to equip a Te/PP Generate to keep my spells going. :3

Sexy_Raine
Apr 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
Humans then newmans. Beast are not bad, but they're kind of a waste of potential considering FF, FiG and AF are so much better for them. Casts, meh waste of time.

DEM_CIG
Apr 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
Human is really good i would say its the best, but i like my newman AT.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 10, 2008, 09:13 PM
On 2008-04-10 19:04, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Humans then newmans. Beast are not bad, but they're kind of a waste of potential considering FF, FiG and AF are so much better for them. Casts, meh waste of time.

Well, look at it this way: your "ideal" party is probably 5 beast fFs and an AT, so the AT might as well also be a beast so he can be useful between buffing and healing.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 10, 2008, 09:13 PM
All races do it fine. Create a character based on what you want.

Zarode
Apr 10, 2008, 10:54 PM
Beast, because clearly DPS is the only thing that matters in this game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(I prefer Newman/Human. You are a support class with some melee/range capabilities. Why not maximize your support?)

Ahkaskar
Apr 10, 2008, 10:57 PM
Except that buffs don't use TP and as far as I know, Resta benefits more from the wand than the character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

By the way, nice title, Zarode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ahkaskar on 2008-04-10 20:57 ]</font>

pikachief
Apr 10, 2008, 11:06 PM
On 2008-04-10 20:57, Ahkaskar wrote:
Except that buffs don't use TP and as far as I know, Resta benefits more from the wand than the character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

By the way, nice title, Zarode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ahkaskar on 2008-04-10 20:57 ]</font>

I agree.

you should see me in partys XD

"Red Cast needs food badly"

"Yellow Newman is about to die"

"Blue Beast is 'IT'"

oh coo coo the fire breathing chicken, where art thou? lol

Starrz
Apr 10, 2008, 11:11 PM
On 2008-04-10 19:04, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Hahaha.

I love that!

Wasted potential! Haha http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ahkaskar
Apr 10, 2008, 11:16 PM
On 2008-04-10 21:06, pikachief wrote:

"Blue Beast is 'IT'"

I'm inspired. I need to make some chat shortcuts like that, now.

Zael
Apr 11, 2008, 01:20 AM
Human Female

Akaimizu
Apr 11, 2008, 10:20 AM
On 2008-04-10 21:06, pikachief wrote:

"Blue Beast is 'IT'"

Wow. It's been a while since I've seen every one of those quotes. While the first and the 2nd are stuff you'd hear in quite a few of the Gauntlet games. The Blue Beast is 'IT' is always something I associate specifically with Gauntlet II. "Oh no, don't let that Sun thing catch you!!!"

Astarin
Apr 11, 2008, 10:48 AM
They're totally releasing another Gauntlet for the Nintendo DS this summer, y'know. I expect it'll be full of those classic voice-overs.

But, on topic, I don't think it matters. Acrotecher gets different benefits from each race. It's designed primarily as a support class, and all support technics are really only dependant on class and PA level.

Gen2000
Apr 11, 2008, 12:08 PM
Cast=Beast>Human>>>>Newmans.

Cast. Support techs don't depend on TP, Attack Techs are worthless on anything but Rods beside Foie/Diga/Megid. They can help support even further with SUVs like Blitz, Sturm, and the upcoming broken ice lasers one on mobs. Cast ATs is like having a smarter PM in your party.

Beast is good too but party wise a Nanoblast Beast AT is not very supportive while doing it (simply because they can't) but they make for faster solo'ing or duo'ing since Nanoblast rocks on bosses and certain mini-bosses (Giresta stacking with Tero or Hard/ HP Restore with Nanoblast is very, very nice) so it kind of evens out compared to Cast ATs.

Human has like similiar stats to Newman except somewhat less TP in exchange for more ATP but still have enough TP if you feel tech attacks are needed over melee (they rarely are). Newman AT aren't that impressive since Humans do everything they do but just as good or better in certain areas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2008-04-11 10:09 ]</font>

Danny_Dark
Apr 11, 2008, 01:47 PM
I think its HUMANS. Plus HUMANS get a boost in stat with it. and there attack make them better at use melee weapons than a NEWMAN. Yes NEWMAN magic is better but
i think there better off as ff's. but hey its all about what you wants. you can make any race with any class good if you know how.

Kerry157
Apr 17, 2008, 06:56 PM
CAST wins the AT test easily. Anyone who believes cast is bad for AT is sorely mistaken.

GuardianElite
Apr 17, 2008, 07:11 PM
On 2008-04-17 16:56, Kerry157 wrote:
CAST wins the AT test easily. Anyone who believes cast is bad for AT is sorely mistaken.

Yeah but cast belong as gunners ..