PDA

View Full Version : One more weapon type

TecherRamen
Apr 9, 2008, 09:50 PM
I'm wondering about something. If you go to the Types List in game, you can see a full list of weapons(the icons) that each type can use. But if you look down at the force weapons there are 3 in a row and room for a 4th. So what I'm wondering is if that spot will ever get filled? Maybe in a future expansion; theres probably nothing in the game data. But I'm still hopeful that we forces will get one more weapon.

Personally? I'm hoping that if we get one last weapon that it will be something like gloves. A two handed weapon with very little TP, A lot of PP and more speed than a tech-mag.

RedMussel
Apr 9, 2008, 09:53 PM
there are lots of empty spots...

Rust
Apr 9, 2008, 10:00 PM
Noes, what you take for empty spots are actually filled by the single-handed weapons icon which all come with a so-called empty spot.
Though i doubt there will be a new weapon, maybe it could be the actual wand from PSO (the wand in PSU is more like a cane-type weapon to me). Hitting mobs with distance blows was fun, even if i don't think there will come anything relevant from such a weapon transposed to PSU game mechanics.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 9, 2008, 10:25 PM
How about a type of force melee weapon. You'd equip a tech to it, but it'd look like some type or sword(or something). It would have a normal attack, and the PA attack would be a spell. You could use the simple melee attack to take advantage of the faster PP restore.

Other than that, i don't see much point in another force weapon. We got madoogs for faster casting, wands for more powerful casting, but still in one hand, and rods for a two-handed slower, but even stronger casting weapon.

Dhylec
Apr 9, 2008, 10:29 PM
I can come up with a dozen variations for the current weapons or some new ones, but chances to make it are as slim as the next expansion. ;D

TecherRamen
Apr 9, 2008, 10:30 PM
On 2008-04-09 19:53, RedMussel wrote:
there are lots of empty spots...

The single-handed weapons just have an icon half the size of the two-handed weapons. You can resolve each weapon down to three 'blocks' 1 for the Rank (c b a s) and two for the Icon itself. Because of the rank 'block', you can tell that the empty spots to which you are referring are actually just blank do to the weapon being single-handed.

{thanks rust =)}

TecherRamen
Apr 9, 2008, 10:35 PM
I know we have mags... But I'm obsessed with speed casting <<;

RemiusTA
Apr 9, 2008, 10:44 PM
Bummer.

I personally think another awesome force weapon could be actually not be a weapon, but like some type of weapon they attach to their wrists that let them cast magic with their hands. It would be strictly a technic weapon for perhaps Fortetecher or maybe Masterforce exclusive, and only comes as an S rank rare weapon type.

Just think about it, it would be SO awesome. Since its a 2-handed weapon, it would have its own entire animation (like swords and axes have different animations in general, while Sabers and Handguns share an animation).

The animation would involve them actually kind of levitating across the ground, and the animation would be dependant on the spell type. Kind of a thrusting animation for projectiles, a wave outward motion (similar to Lucario's D-Smash on brawl) for Gi spells, an outward hand gesture for Dam spells, a kind of outward wave or Snaping for Ra/support spells (perhaps a seperate one for support, i dunno) and something really neat for Nosu spells.

Capitalizes on Speed and Power and suffers in the PP department. like rods capitalize on Power and PP but suffer in speed, wands are balanced in PP, speed and power, Madoogs capitalize on PP and Speed but suffer in power. This weapon could just be Power and Speed, which makes an even better Masterforce exclusive since Masterforce is the Nuking class. Plus, the floating thing would also be a Masterforce exclusive.

Edit: although the floating thing is a tad extreme for Phantasy Star. Its Sci-Fi goes only so far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-09 20:46 ]</font>

Jingo
Apr 10, 2008, 12:20 AM
If PSU does get another weapon type, my guess is it will either be dual mech guns or something for Force type players. Another casting wep would be cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jingo on 2008-04-09 22:45 ]</font>

Tamashi
Apr 10, 2008, 12:25 AM
If there was another weapon type it would be on a second page.

Proto07
Apr 10, 2008, 12:42 AM
On 2008-04-09 20:44, RemiusTA wrote:
Bummer.

I personally think another awesome force weapon could be actually not be a weapon, but like some type of weapon they attach to their wrists that let them cast magic with their hands. It would be strictly a technic weapon for perhaps Fortetecher or maybe Masterforce exclusive, and only comes as an S rank rare weapon type.

Just think about it, it would be SO awesome. Since its a 2-handed weapon, it would have its own entire animation (like swords and axes have different animations in general, while Sabers and Handguns share an animation).

The animation would involve them actually kind of levitating across the ground, and the animation would be dependant on the spell type. Kind of a thrusting animation for projectiles, a wave outward motion (similar to Lucario's D-Smash on brawl) for Gi spells, an outward hand gesture for Dam spells, a kind of outward wave or Snaping for Ra/support spells (perhaps a seperate one for support, i dunno) and something really neat for Nosu spells.

Capitalizes on Speed and Power and suffers in the PP department. like rods capitalize on Power and PP but suffer in speed, wands are balanced in PP, speed and power, Madoogs capitalize on PP and Speed but suffer in power. This weapon could just be Power and Speed, which makes an even better Masterforce exclusive since Masterforce is the Nuking class. Plus, the floating thing would also be a Masterforce exclusive.

Edit: although the floating thing is a tad extreme for Phantasy Star. Its Sci-Fi goes only so far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-09 20:46 ]</font>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knukEGkxSkc

Syanaide
Apr 10, 2008, 01:40 AM
On 2008-04-09 20:25, Chuck_Norris wrote:
How about a type of force melee weapon. You'd equip a tech to it, but it'd look like some type or sword(or something). It would have a normal attack, and the PA attack would be a spell. You could use the simple melee attack to take advantage of the faster PP restore.

Totally could be PSU's version of a cane.

Gama
Apr 10, 2008, 06:31 AM
maybe stiche http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lols would be nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jainsea
Apr 10, 2008, 06:39 AM
Yea, be nice if that "spot" was another Force type weapon.
Maybe like a book? They still have those in the future right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
It can act like a rod as in two handed weapon. Maybe its stats can be like between a wand and rod. PP and TP just below a Rod, and casting speed in between the two. Also the S rank books can have nifty effects like, self casting restea/giresta when your HP is too low, or
cast debuff, etc. Here's an expample before I pass out on floor and zzzzzzzzzz.
Book of Ages (700 pg.book)
Insightful information for tech lovers.
PP: 1200
TP: 700
<at 1/4 of users HP, has 40%chance of casting resta>

Pandaling
Apr 10, 2008, 07:03 AM
books sound cool :3 how about rings http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif not exactly rings that go on your finger (though that might work too >:3), but more like this: click (http://namco-ch.net/ps2_soulcalibur3/character/img/tira_b.jpg) This would be a two handed wep, but it would be fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Mid tech/PP... I think I would make it so you can equip up to 2 techs, because you'd have the chance to do melee attacks >:3 It would be the perfect acrotecher wep http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

RedMussel
Apr 10, 2008, 07:06 AM
On 2008-04-10 05:03, Pandaling wrote:
books sound cool :3 how about rings http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif not exactly rings that go on your finger (though that might work too >:3), but more like this: click (http://namco-ch.net/ps2_soulcalibur3/character/img/tira_b.jpg) This would be a two handed wep, but it would be fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Mid tech/PP... I think I would make it so you can equip up to 2 techs, because you'd have the chance to do melee attacks >:3 It would be the perfect acrotecher wep http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

The weapons alright...But those clouths would be cool for PSU, just a little bit more covered.

Pandaling
Apr 10, 2008, 07:10 AM
Lol think shes from.... soul calibur http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

panzer_unit
Apr 10, 2008, 09:07 AM
EDIT: no I didn't read the OP.

One more Tech weapon?
TP powered melee weapon... maybe like a sword-type mag. Left handed.

On the subject of new stuff, I want right-hand-only firearms...
Single Handgun (new weapon class, but uses same PA's as left)
Shotgun (makes more sense, all the shotguns except Desta are way too small/effete to justify two hands... and hueg recoil makes more sense than ridiculous "pumping mah laser")
Laser Cannon (cooler firing stance too, something that really says "hey I'm shooting this big awesome laser ONE HANDED, check me out")

Left hand melee weapon called a 'shield'... the attack does no damage but boosts your EVP and DFP. Link a PA that allows you to do a one-hit knockback move with poor ATP and ATA (or knowing ST they make it the most damaging attack in the game)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-10 09:22 ]</font>

TecherRamen
Apr 10, 2008, 09:17 AM
On 2008-04-10 05:10, Pandaling wrote:
Lol think shes from.... soul calibur http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Yes, her name is Tira. She came in on Soul Calibur 3

TecherRamen
Apr 10, 2008, 09:20 AM
On 2008-04-10 07:07, panzer_unit wrote:
Left hand melee weapon called a 'shield'... the attack does no damage but boosts your EVP and DFP. Link a PA that allows you to do a one-hit knockback move with poor ATP and ATA (or knowing ST they make it the most damaging attack in the game)

I know its not a melee weapon, but that is essentially regrant.. Now if only it took effect faster

Phoenix148
Apr 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
the shield could absorb the attack and shoot a beam with the same element as the attack, like a mirror

Phoenix148
Apr 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
or with the book, you can put 4 spells in it and it randomly casts them, that would be an interesting twist

MSAksion
Apr 10, 2008, 12:42 PM
On 2008-04-10 10:29, Phoenix148 wrote:
the shield could absorb the attack and shoot a beam with the same element as the attack, like a mirror

*MAGIC MIRROR

Heck yeah a SHIELD to go with a Wand. To be a paladin of some kind. The normal "Attack" raises the shield to block attacks.

SYNTH an elemental shield and it can protect you against that type of element even better than just a normal "BLOCK"

The PA for this Magic Shield would be REFLECT and throw back that type of spell. Would be executed by doing a JUST COUNTER.

Man think about reflecting MEGID and FOIE...

RemiusTA
Apr 10, 2008, 12:58 PM
I actually perfer a Right handed sheild to be used with Madoogs.

that would be so awesome, one hand for casting and another to erect a photon sheild.

enoch
Apr 10, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think an Item like a pure photon reactor that floated in your hand would be a coll wepon

Chaobo99
Apr 10, 2008, 03:41 PM
a weapon with a melee attack on Y and a spell on X(or vice-versa)..oh and the melee attack runs of TP xD

unicorn
Apr 10, 2008, 06:12 PM
Casting Glove:
- Fortetecher and Wartecher S-rank. Acrotecher gets A-rank. Guntecher and Masterforce don't have access to it.
- Less TP than Wands. Less PP than Madoogs and Rods. Increased Ranged on techs and slightly increased speed over a rod.

Partisan/Sythe
- Wartecher and Fighmaster S-rank. Fortefighter gets A-rank.
- PSO sythes.

Buster Cannon (think Megaman, lol)
- Guntecher and Acrofighter S-rank. Fortegunner gets A-rank. Gunmaster does not have access to it.
- Right-hand gun that can be recharged for increased range and knockback. The longer you charge, the more targets it can potentially hit. 4 targets is the maximum. Slightly increased animation over a laser cannon and less elemental %.

Gattling Gun
- Fortegunner and Gunmaster S-rank
- Two handed machine gun.
- Slightly slower firing rate than machine gun. Increased PP and range. User is cemented to the ground while in use. Cannot be strafed with.

Flail
- Acrotecher and Fortetecher S-rank. Acrofighter, Fortefighter, and Fighgunner receive A-rank.
- One handed melee weapon. Uses TP for damage (like shadoogs). Can cause status effects. Limited range and slow animation.
- A-rank flails:
* SE 2 Freeze (ice)
* SE 2 Burn (fire)
* SE 2 Shock (lightning)
* SE 3 Poision (ground)
* SE 3 Confuse (light)
* SE 3 Virus (dark)
- S-rank Flails:
* SE 5 Burn (fire)
* SE 4 Freeze (ice)
* SE 5 Shock (lightning)
* SE 3 Stun (ground)
* SE 3 HP Drain (light)
* SE 2 Incapacitate (dark)

I'll probably think of more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-04-10 16:14 ]</font>

Pandaling
Apr 10, 2008, 06:22 PM
isn't a partisan a kind of spear? o-o

Sidney
Apr 10, 2008, 06:30 PM
I'd like a casting weapon like Lulu's from FFX... :D
Dollies! That'd be amazing to cast magic with a rappy plush.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soubrette on 2008-04-10 16:33 ]</font>

unicorn
Apr 10, 2008, 09:34 PM
On 2008-04-10 16:22, Pandaling wrote:
isn't a partisan a kind of spear? o-o

In PSU yes, but in PSO they were sythes.

Rust
Apr 10, 2008, 09:42 PM
PSO partisan were more like swords with better speed and lower ATP.

NPCMook
Apr 11, 2008, 05:36 AM
On 2008-04-10 16:12, super_luu wrote:
Casting Glove:
- Fortetecher and Wartecher S-rank. Acrotecher gets A-rank. Guntecher and Masterforce don't have access to it.
- Less TP than Wands. Less PP than Madoogs and Rods. Increased Ranged on techs and slightly increased speed over a rod.

Partisan/Sythe
- Wartecher and Fighmaster S-rank. Fortefighter gets A-rank.
- PSO sythes.

- Guntecher and Acrofighter S-rank. Fortegunner gets A-rank. Gunmaster does not have access to it.
- Right-hand gun that can be recharged for increased range and knockback. The longer you charge, the more targets it can potentially hit. 4 targets is the maximum. Slightly increased animation over a laser cannon and less elemental %.

Gattling Gun
- Fortegunner and Gunmaster S-rank
- Slightly slower firing rate than machine gun. Increased PP and range. User is cemented to the ground while in use. Cannot be strafed with.

Flail
- Acrotecher and Fortetecher S-rank. Acrofighter, Fortefighter, and Fighgunner receive A-rank.
- One handed melee weapon. Uses TP for damage (like shadoogs). Can cause status effects. Limited range and slow animation.
- A-rank flails:
* SE 2 Freeze (ice)
* SE 2 Burn (fire)
* SE 2 Shock (lightning)
* SE 3 Poision (ground)
* SE 3 Confuse (light)
* SE 3 Virus (dark)
- S-rank Flails:
* SE 5 Burn (fire)
* SE 4 Freeze (ice)
* SE 5 Shock (lightning)
* SE 3 Stun (ground)
* SE 3 HP Drain (light)
* SE 2 Incapacitate (dark)

I'll probably think of more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-04-10 16:14 ]</font>

Casting Gloves - Maybe
Scythes - No
Gattling Guns - SUV
Flail - Good idea

My ideas:
Photon Chucks -
Melee
Fast multiple hits to a single target

Elysion -
Tech
-Bladed weapon able to preform Melee attacks, and carry a single Teir 1 Tech(Barta, Foie, Diga) would take on element of Tech determining Percentage.
-Instead of a photon art it would use the Tech, while at the same time being able to regain PP through attacking.
-Damage would be determined by Tech Stat divided by... 2(can't have Forces dealing Fighter damage in close combat!)

I can't think of a good Ranged weapon to add, maybe an actual boomerang...

Jakosifer
Apr 11, 2008, 05:45 AM
Anything but a Scythe. We already have enough "Haseo" posers running around. Don't need another 500 of them.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 11, 2008, 05:51 AM
Not a new weapon, but handguns are so underpowered in PSU, but something like a Vipric is so sexy, I just wish it were infinitely more useful. I haven't told anybody until now, but I think handguns, if equipped without a right-handed weapon, should be able to be wielded by two hands a la PSO, with bonuses to accuracy and a higher chance to critical.

KiteWolfwood
Apr 11, 2008, 07:28 AM
My thing that I thought would be neat would be twin chakrams. Think of it like attacking with two yoyos. So you throw um just a few feet in front of you then they come back. Attack combo something like 1-1-2, but when you throw them they can hit multiples targets and even the same target twice if they are close enough.

panzer_unit
Apr 11, 2008, 08:12 AM
... or they could be a special set of daggers that can ONLY link the yo-yo daggers PA.

unicorn
Apr 11, 2008, 09:53 AM
On 2008-04-11 03:45, Lakjosmaysa wrote:
Anything but a Scythe. We already have enough "Haseo" posers running around. Don't need another 500 of them.

Buuuuut wouldn't the game be more interesting with these?

http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=266&sortby=name

http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=266&sortby=name

http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=72&sortby=name

http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=213&sortby=name

Skye-Fox713
Apr 11, 2008, 10:04 AM
motherfrickenTWINMECHGUNS is what the extra slot should be for!!!!!!

NPCMook
Apr 11, 2008, 10:48 PM
On 2008-04-11 08:04, Skye-Fox713 wrote:
motherfrickenTWINMECHGUNS is what the extra slot should be for!!!!!!

The Single Mechgun alone is good enough, we don't need two, If anything the damage output would be even lower and the PP consumption would make them good for probably 10 seconds

Zorafim
Apr 11, 2008, 11:11 PM
I like the idea of a battle wand weapon. Looking back at PSO, their Rods would be pretty neat for this. Yeah, we already have one, but I suppose these would look somewhat different? Basically, give them an eastern monk styled attack and animations, and have two casting slots.

And if not, I miss partisans. I never was able to use them due to how clearly superior swords were with a God/Battle, and sweeping spears sound cool.

Yeah, I'm basically just posting to see my sig.

TecherRamen
Apr 12, 2008, 12:44 AM
Im still hoping for gloves that give super speed.
Or just a generic slot. For like a super weapon of any kind. kind of like an s rank from pso. you get to choose the type and then it has a basic attack associated with it as well as 3 empty attack slots that could be filled with anything. which would be great imo: Imagine a sword that had spinning break tornado break and gravity break all set to it, so you could switch between them as needed.

It should still be a tech weapon though, since the slot is in the tech weapon area, and techers only get three options as is..

NPCMook
Apr 12, 2008, 03:47 AM
http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=195&sortby=name

Rayokarna
Apr 12, 2008, 06:06 AM
On 2008-04-10 16:12, super_luu wrote:

Partisan/Sythe
- Wartecher, Fighmaster and Protranser S-rank. Fortefighter gets A-rank.
- PSO sythes.

- Guntecher, Acrofighter and Protranser S-rank. Fortegunner gets A-rank. Gunmaster does not have access to it.

Gattling Gun
- Fortegunner, Gunmaster and Protranser S-rank

Fixed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rayokarna on 2008-04-12 04:07 ]</font>

NPCMook
Apr 12, 2008, 01:19 PM
Pfft, Protranser isn't going to get anymore weapons, thats just wishful thinking.