PDA

View Full Version : Online: Your least favorite class

Delete
Apr 10, 2008, 09:53 PM
So i was just reading the topic with your favorite classes, so how about your least favorite classes here. Personally, even though im a cast, i think fortegunner can be really boring alot of the time. Dont get me wrong i do like it sometimes, i do have a rattlesnake, but overall i cant stay fortegunner for no more then a couple hours a day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-04-11 06:37 ]</font>

RedMussel
Apr 10, 2008, 11:15 PM
A poll would be good for this, but anyway my least favorite class would be Wartecher. I can adapt to every class except this one.

jcm5
Apr 10, 2008, 11:34 PM
acrofighter it dissapointed me

pikachief
Apr 10, 2008, 11:45 PM
I play every classes and enjoy every class greatly except i cannot stand Fortefighters.

I think their very very boring. too slow of a class for me :/ dont like slow stuff >.<

if anyone ahs gotten to the last level of Gradius 3 when your flying super super fast through the space station, well i like that fast with the max speed going XD

Retehi
Apr 10, 2008, 11:50 PM
Math class.

Katrina
Apr 10, 2008, 11:52 PM
hmm... advanced physics. That class sucked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

On topic, I wasn't a big fan of AT as it doesn't fit my personal playstyle, but all classes have points of interest for me

Zorafim
Apr 11, 2008, 12:16 AM
I like completely specialized classes, meaning I like all the forte classes. I also like the use of melee, and dislike ranged unless used with big guns (who can not like big guns?). The only class that has no melee and little to no big guns, as well as not being completely specialized is guntecher.
So that's my choice.

Guntecher.

Mr_Confused
Apr 11, 2008, 01:01 AM
Fighgunner or as i call them, N00bcakes

Weeaboolits
Apr 11, 2008, 01:17 AM
I can't think of one I disliked, WT I disliked the low support, but that's getting raised, so really, there's no class I don't like.

Zael
Apr 11, 2008, 01:19 AM
Wartecher. There's really nothing special to playing one.

Rayokarna
Apr 11, 2008, 01:56 AM
Fortefighter, my god is it boring. Acrofighter comes a close second.

Tetsaru
Apr 11, 2008, 01:56 AM
I don't care much for the hybrid classes, mainly GT and WT. I enjoyed FI a little bit since it was (currently) the only class that could use doublesabers. Hmm... perhaps if the other hybrid classes had their own unique weapon, I'd be more interested in playing them (sorta how PT's now have EX Traps). Otherwise, the forte- and acro- classes tend to do everything better. =/

Lighthero
Apr 11, 2008, 02:13 AM
Any gunner to me, I don't know why but they seem to bore me. I never had a gunner in PSO too, only forces and hunters.

Jakosifer
Apr 11, 2008, 02:45 AM
Hunter.

<_<

R2D6battlebot
Apr 11, 2008, 03:24 AM
Fortetecher. Its like a slower version of Acrotecher except that it also has all those 31 spells that cause immense slowdown for everyone in the party. I might change my mind when we all have our 'final PA caps', but by then we'll have MF for damage anyway so it wont matter, FT will always be my least favorite. Wartecher is a VERY close second, in fact its the only class I flat out refuse to play ever again, and then theres Acrofighter, but to be honest I havent even tried it out, I just dont like the idea of using mainly single-handed melee stuff.

Honeypot
Apr 11, 2008, 03:33 AM
Any of the Forte classes. All my characters have been Hybrids and always will be. Being stuck doing a single thing gets kind of boring after a while.

panzer_unit
Apr 11, 2008, 08:15 AM
GunTecher is the only job I've tried and didn't enjoy. One handed guns aren't any fun unless I'm pairing them up with melee.

Marik
Apr 11, 2008, 08:27 AM
Wartechers. Seem pretty useless to me and when I party with them, they usually have Megistar. They buff themselves with it and don't have the separate buffs to buff anyone else. Just running around taking damage and leaving the rest buff-less. I really hate that Megistar spell, don't see the point of it. They also seem to like whips, making them look like a broken Acrotecher.

Cry0
Apr 11, 2008, 08:51 AM
anythign techer or gunner >> well, gunner's not THAT bad, i guess. but then, neither is techer... hmm. allright the worst of the two is... ... ... ... pff can't choose.

gunner! definately... >_> <_< >_>

Gunslinger-08
Apr 11, 2008, 08:56 AM
I'm actually quite fond of my newman WT. My least favorite would have to be FT as well.

DEM_CIG
Apr 11, 2008, 09:04 AM
Ermmm... I like all the classes, but if i had to pick one it would be a 3 way tie between the forte classes (until the master classes), I really don't like their range of weapons i like the way hybird classes are and their range of different weapons.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 11, 2008, 09:26 AM
On 2008-04-10 22:16, Zorafim wrote:
I like completely specialized classes, meaning I like all the forte classes. I also like the use of melee, and dislike ranged unless used with big guns (who can not like big guns?). The only class that has no melee and little to no big guns, as well as not being completely specialized is guntecher.
So that's my choice.

Guntecher.

AlMcFly
Apr 11, 2008, 12:14 PM
Anything Fo related.

10 Reasons Why I Hate Playing Fo's:

1. Lag.

Standing in one place creating lag. I need to be moving around. Also don't want to be interrupted while waiting for my tech to activate. I already fall asleep in action-packed stages while being hunter-type.

2. Leveling techs.

Supposed to be rectified with next update but still, you level a tech to 40 only to be obsolete a week later when the upgrade for the same tech appears. At least for PA's, you won't be upgrading for quite some time.

3. Supporting.

Throwing the occasional Sol every now and then when i happen to see someone asleep/frozen is not a big deal. Having to sit there and constantly watch every party member's status to make sure they are properly healed and supported is a COMPLETE fun-killer.

4. Elitism.

Fo is the class specifically made for elitist pr*cks. Hard as crap to level. Techs impossible to level. Once leveled, highest damage numbers. Everyone needs you. Can eventually solo anything. 9 times out of 10, once a Fo player gets relatively high in level and stats, they automatically get the childish mentality "I worked harder and had to do more in the game to succeed so I automatically have seniority over you, am by far a better gamer than you, and have more knowledge than you about every aspect of the game. Not appealing.

5. Appearance.

I'm sorry, most Fo clothing is completely feminine or emo/goth/wannabe anime-ish.

6. Weapons.

Wands. Come on. You walk around carrying a wand. (Ties into appearance I guess lol.)

7. Know-it-alls.

"My main is a Fo. It's better if you use such and such tech in this situation rather than blah blah blah..." This sound familiar? Everyone will tell you how to do your "job". Nobody tells a fighter or a gunner how to play because it's painfully obvious lol.

8. Bragging.

Fo's are the BIGGEST freakin gloats. "I got Jabroga to 40 bish." "Pssht, all my techs are 40, took me a million years to do." Who cares. Anyone with that much time on there hands can eventually get their techs leveled to max. All I am hearing when you tell me how much you've progressed in your tech leveling is "I have no job, I have no school, I don't know what sunlight is, I have never been within 5 feet of a woman, I make love to my computer 24-7."

9. "Thank You!"

Some of you Fo's may like this, but I get so tired of seeing and saying "THANK YOU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif" every time the Fo buffz the party. I feel obligated to say it because some Fo's will get so butthurt if not verbally appreciated. It's your godd*mn job. Don't say "It's not my job to buff people, I have a right to play my own way." Fo's got buffz. No other class gets buffz. It's your job. If you don't buff, then you aren't doing your job. You are a sh*tty/selfish Fo. If you don't want to buff, whatev, I don't need the stat difference buffing gives to stay alive. The game is way too easy as it is.

10. Too much work.

I have a life. I work full-time every day. I have class full-time right after work every day. I am at the gym for at least 2 hours after class every day. I leave at 6 am and get home at 10 pm. On weekends I have to fight to get time to myself with errands and girls. I have neither the time nor the patience to screw around getting a Fo to be good.

If you see me playing a Fo, it's because I have done everything humanly possible with all other classes. Hope you enjoyed my little rant. Have a good day, and be sure to tip your waitresses.

Edit: Grammar and punctuation mistakes...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-11 10:20 ]</font>

Kylie
Apr 11, 2008, 12:18 PM
fG most definitely. I don't think it sucks, but range is just not my favorite thing in the world. I can take a little bit of it, but a class mainly built on just pressing a button? No thank you; I don't have the attention span.

amtalx
Apr 11, 2008, 12:32 PM
On 2008-04-11 10:14, McFlyVII wrote:
On weekends I have to fight to get time to myself with errands and girls.

P-I-M-P http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, fF makes me want to die.

RadiantLegend
Apr 11, 2008, 12:44 PM
fighgunner and Guntecher

I never knew how much torture it would be!! but I gotta lv them to 10. HELP ME!!!!!

Rust
Apr 11, 2008, 12:48 PM
Anything Fo related.

Only quoting to let you know someone at least did read your post entirely. Such a long post with grammatical corrections deserves to be read, as everyone in that is merely posting his answer (which is usually uninteresting as there is no argumentation) without reading or being read by the other ones.
And i'll just add i feel like i read those kind of threads about more than five times a day.

AlMcFly
Apr 11, 2008, 12:58 PM
On 2008-04-11 10:48, Rust wrote:

Anything Fo related.

Only quoting to let you know someone at least did read your post entirely. Such a long post with grammatical corrections deserves to be read, as everyone in that is merely posting his answer (which is usually uninteresting as there is no argumentation) without reading or being read by the other ones.
And i'll just add i feel like i read those kind of threads about more than five times a day.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I try not to post unless I have something new to add the the conversation. (One can of course argue that my post right now is unnecessary ;P.)

darkante
Apr 11, 2008, 01:31 PM
As i donīt really like stricktly melee style. My pick would be Fortefighter. It gets to stale.
Fighgunner is ok though. =)

Danny_Dark
Apr 11, 2008, 01:44 PM
First: Wartecher, and Second. Acrotecher...

Nuclearranger
Apr 11, 2008, 02:24 PM
Prolly Fortegunner

Allthough its the only class I play

VetroDrago
Apr 11, 2008, 03:18 PM
Geez, dissing WT, eh? It's easily my favorite. I haven't played GT or AT, so I don't know about those. I would say it's between PT and FT.

Delete
Apr 11, 2008, 03:26 PM
i happen to like wartecher the most myself, its really balanced.

Inazuma
Apr 11, 2008, 03:27 PM
id have to go w/ hunter. if basic types dont count, i guess it would be a tie between wartechter and guntechter.

Dragwind
Apr 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
I've played all classes and raised them all to 10 at the least, and I can honestly say I've enjoyed every class.

At one time I would have almost said that I didn't like GT, but I realized that the only reason I felt sour was because I didn't have the proper bullets lvl'd, nor had the proper equipment. To say I didn't like the class would have been childish thing to say, just because I didn't have the proper equipment/pa's.

So to those who seem to dislike a class for some reason, think about it. Are you actually able to play the class to its potential/specialty? Can you say you know how to handle the class with correct strategy in the appropriate situations?

From my experiences, people usually don't know why they don't like a class in this game, and it always comes down to these reasons, IMHO.

xennec
Apr 11, 2008, 03:55 PM
The only class I can't stand playing fortefighter. I like the heavier melee weapons but I also need versatility. I do not consider standing there waiting for Dimma to drop to the ground versatility. I also get annoyed trying to run up to an enemy and oh noes! It's dead before I reach it. I need to have a range weapon with me at all times. Unfortunately I absolutely hate using slicers so those are thrown out leaving only handgun and that's not even worth it.

Kinako78
Apr 11, 2008, 04:03 PM
On 2008-04-11 01:33, Honeypot wrote:
Any of the Forte classes. All my characters have been Hybrids and always will be. Being stuck doing a single thing gets kind of boring after a while.

Agreed. Plus, being able to fight in more then one style is a good way to be prepared for whatever comes at you.

Kismet
Apr 11, 2008, 04:29 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! So many people hate WT! Well guess what? WT hates you too for being so damn lazy! *Insert total n00b flame post there*

Just kidding. <3

Anyways, for me personally, my ABSOLUTE least favorite class is Fortefighter. Second least favorite might be GT or AT, but that depends on my mood. (Most of the time they're really fun to play.)

AlMcFly
Apr 11, 2008, 05:14 PM
On 2008-04-11 13:55, xennec wrote:
The only class I can't stand playing fortefighter. I like the heavier melee weapons but I also need versatility. I do not consider standing there waiting for Dimma to drop to the ground versatility. I also get annoyed trying to run up to an enemy and oh noes! It's dead before I reach it. I need to have a range weapon with me at all times. Unfortunately I absolutely hate using slicers so those are thrown out leaving only handgun and that's not even worth it.

Lol, I avoid anything like this situation happening by always being the first to the enemy. I am usually the one leading the group through the stage rather than being lead. It's mostly because I don't usually waste time with items and talking. I leave it to the range people to pick up crap that is of value. I kill and run to next enemy. I kill that and run to next enemy. I don't find it hard being the first one to a spawn and getting at least one tag on each enemy.