PDA

View Full Version : What if there was a Ulitmate Type?

AnimeBoy33
Apr 10, 2008, 11:06 PM
What if there was a Ultimate Type,wheres its better than every type in the whole game,but requires all Types to be 15 would you do it?

btw,got bored

Edit:Also,What name,would you name it

Edit2:4got to type something in.

1.Could Equip Every type of weapon,in s rank form

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AnimeBoy33 on 2008-04-10 21:30 ]</font>

RedMussel
Apr 10, 2008, 11:14 PM
Fail, inb4unblaced...everyonewillbeit..thegamewouldsuck.

rogue_robot
Apr 10, 2008, 11:21 PM
Lolno. Maybe if it required all types to 20 (or whatever the max will eventually be). Nevertheless, the whole point here is to be a team game when you're online, and an ultimate type would defeat the purpose.

If they were going to implement something of this nature, I would rather see assignable Job Points, acquired as you level up, which you spend on any weapon proficiencies you want (rod, bow, rifle, saber, sword, etc. - reassignable from what is currently the Type Counter). You wouldn't have access to everything all at once, but you could pick and choose your favorites, and hybridize to whatever degree you desire.

Yes, I know that many people would just build solo characters out of this, which have no ability whatsoever to contribute to a team effort. Before anyone uses them as a reason why not to use such a system, may I remind everyone that said people never contribute to their party as is, under the current system of restricted types designed in an attempt to promote teamwork.

pikachief
Apr 10, 2008, 11:22 PM
i personally wouldnt mind it at all

but then all the complaining about unbalanced and losing the variety of classes would come in :/

Katrina
Apr 10, 2008, 11:58 PM
At first it wouldn't be bad considering there wouldn't be very many, but over time a large majority of the community would migrate to the class loosing all diversity

Zorafim
Apr 11, 2008, 12:11 AM
If it was balanced in such a way that, even while playing this class, it is possible to play the class dozens of different ways, maybe. For instance, person one played using mainly PAs, person two with bullets, person three balanced in all PA types, etc. This way, you could ballance it out to play however the user wanted to play, instead of having to play one way or being too overpowered.
But good luck doing something like that. As it stands, all the classes step on each other's toes and can kill most enemies just by looking at them.

Also, fortemaster.

Zael
Apr 11, 2008, 01:18 AM
Worst idea ever. O HAY INSTEAD OF THE ENDGAME HAVING 12 CLASSES LET'S MAKE IT ONE!

Maybe you'd make more friends on PSU if you had better ideas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2008-04-10 23:18 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 11, 2008, 01:20 AM
So basically give protranser access to techs? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jainsea
Apr 11, 2008, 02:45 AM
Im sorry, I hope they never do this, beisdes it being so unbalanced and pretty much making all the other classes useless, you will be seeing everyone eventaully flock to this class and then the whole game will be even more meh>.> Even if the requirments are steep, with enough time and the possible MP these missions just keep pumping out ,it wont be long untill the majority of the player base goes to this class. The game is unbalanced as it is at the moment, we dont need a "god" class in this game. Sorry we just dont...

Jakosifer
Apr 11, 2008, 02:46 AM
That would be the best idea ever! http://i26.tinypic.com/331zorq.jpg

But no seriously, that'd suck ass.

R2D6battlebot
Apr 11, 2008, 03:35 AM
In case you havent heard, there already is an Ultimate Class.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1190

Oh wait, wrong game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2008-04-11 01:36 ]</font>

EMPYREAN
Apr 11, 2008, 03:43 AM
hmm just give PT tech skills and a rod and u will have this class. i like that idea.

Dragwind
Apr 11, 2008, 05:28 AM
I wouldn't be this supposed master class, because everyone would complain I'm playing an overpowered class thats making the game too easy. Ho-ho!

amtalx
Apr 11, 2008, 06:23 AM
An "Ultimate" class in any game will always fail.

pikachief
Apr 11, 2008, 06:25 AM
On 2008-04-11 01:35, R2D6battlebot wrote:
In case you havent heard, there already is an Ultimate Class.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1190

Oh wait, wrong game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2008-04-11 01:36 ]</font>

i only got my character to like lvl 20 in that game but i did play that character and i did like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 11, 2008, 06:26 AM
I think the main problem would be pallet space.

F-Gattaca
Apr 11, 2008, 06:49 AM
So basically ...

Ethan Waber mode?

Para
Apr 11, 2008, 08:19 AM
no more retarded types i rather see ultimate difficulty... jacked difficulty similar to like PSO v2 damage formulas lol

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 11, 2008, 08:54 AM
There should be NO Ultimate types. End of Story.

Katrina
Apr 11, 2008, 08:56 AM
On 2008-04-11 04:49, F-Gattaca wrote:
So basically ...

Ethan Waber mode?

Thousands of Ethans.. *shudders*

Now if they were all Hyuga's! *win*

sarcasm

F-Gattaca
Apr 11, 2008, 09:19 AM
On 2008-04-11 06:56, Katrina wrote:

So basically ...

Ethan Waber mode?

sarcasm

Laia: I won't lie to you, Hyuga. Every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought an Ethan, has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

Hyuga: Why?

Laia: I've seen an Ethan punch through a concrete wall. Men have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air. Yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on (physical) rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be.

Hyuga: What are you trying to tell me, that I can dodge Majjara spam?

Laia: No, Hyuga. I'm trying to tell you, that, when you're ready, you won't have to.

dogg1000
Apr 11, 2008, 05:46 PM
Maybe they would make it but it would have really sucky stats.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 11, 2008, 05:58 PM
On 2008-04-11 15:46, dogg1000 wrote:
Maybe they would make it but it would have really sucky stats.

"sucky" and ultimate aren't two words that I think would go well together.

zeroguy518
Apr 11, 2008, 11:03 PM
On 2008-04-11 07:19, F-Gattaca wrote:

So basically ...

Ethan Waber mode?

sarcasm

Laia: I won't lie to you, Hyuga. Every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought an Ethan, has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

Laia: I've seen an Ethan punch through a concrete wall. Men have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air. Yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on (physical) rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be.

Laia: No, Hyuga. I'm trying to tell you, that, when you're ready, you won't have to.

roflmao, That may be the best reference Ive ever seen on this board.

TecherRamen
Apr 12, 2008, 12:51 AM
Remember challenge and S Rank weapons in PSO.. What about an S rank Class? Make your own! mix and match choose 4 weapon types and some stat bonuses and a name and voila... doubt it will happen though =P

Kairi_Li
Apr 12, 2008, 08:48 AM
No Ultimate class please.

But damn, a customisable class would be nice. Like, give you a limit to what number of weapons you can use, and restrict certain PA lvls depending on what weapons you choose or something.

Customise stats the way you want, but give you limitations like, only certain stats can be upped alot, some stats will suck bad, some will be moderatly ok...

That way people can create their own hyrbids without sacrificing their fav weapons, but it also make sure they won't get super over powered.

Zael
Apr 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
lol no. Then everyone'll just make classes with S-rank Mags, Spears, Axes, and Slicers, with level 50 striking and support PA cap.

rogue_robot
Apr 12, 2008, 12:59 PM
Zael: As I said earlier, those are the people who don't contribute to whatever team they're currently part of anyway. Their stupidity should not be the determining factor of whether or not a potentially really neat feature which makes room for more creativity and customization should be included.

fayt6
Apr 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
On 2008-04-11 07:19, F-Gattaca wrote:

So basically ...

Ethan Waber mode?

sarcasm

hahahahahahahahahahahahah fucking ahahahahahahahahahahaha

daniel_drago
Apr 12, 2008, 02:04 PM
This create-a-custom class would be intresting although I would simply crank HP up and laugh as Its just impossible to die. IMPOSSIBLE.

However, No and 'ultimate' class would bend us over and I for one wold not play as it if it was intoduced, reasons:
A) I cba to raise job levels that high sorry but i C B A
B) I have trouble even now what weapons my chracters are going to use, I choose 2-4 weapons per character and stick If I had to pick from all I'de slit my wrists
C) Why would you want to solo on this game seriously?
D) I have better things to burn that amount of time on.
E) JUST NO.

Zael
Apr 13, 2008, 01:29 AM
On 2008-04-12 10:59, rogue_robot wrote:
Zael: As I said earlier, those are the people who don't contribute to whatever team they're currently part of anyway. Their stupidity should not be the determining factor of whether or not a potentially really neat feature which makes room for more creativity and customization should be included.

It'd still break the game. Not all weapons, stats, and attacks are made equal.

rogue_robot
Apr 13, 2008, 11:26 AM
Well, that's just ST's failure to balance the weapons. Under such circumstances, its obvious that there should be restrictions on what a player can and cannot use in combination with something else.

My statement more or less carried the implied condition that the weapons and PAs be evened out such that, though they all remain very different, no single weapon or PA is guaranteed to be all-around better than another. That's just a game balance issue, which they chose to rectify instead by limiting what can be used with what, to prevent too many power-weapons from falling into one character's hands.

Of course, ST might have wanted the weapons to be imbalanced (by their own merits, not taking type restrictions into account), and so simply made the choice to restrict what weapons can be used by members of the same battle type. Who knows? This is just one of the oddities that come along when attempting to balance a game - your choice of battle type, in essence, itself becomes the balancing cost of a certain weapon, no different from PP, wind-up time, cooldown time, etc.

Minor edit, swapped a word.

EDIT 2: Besides, even with some weapons stronger than others, it would still be possible to allow custom weapon / PA level selection without breaking game balance. It's simple - if each character is allowed, say 6 S-Rank slots and 10 A-Rank slots, all they would have to do is make the normal weapons take one of the chosen rank slot, and power weapons take, for example, something like 3 S and 5 A for an S-Rank, and 1 S and 4 A for an A-Rank - or just put a special designation on the power weapons saying "you can only choose [X] (probably 1 or 2) from this entire group."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2008-04-13 09:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rogue_robot on 2008-04-13 10:44 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Apr 13, 2008, 11:42 AM
For those who are looking for the ultimate class, you already forget that it already exist. What is it called? It's called a TEAM.

If you combine any of the 3 Master Classes (LOL at those who thought they'd be GOD-ly) into one party, then you have a system that can't be beat. Sure people play on a different level, but there is the point where you know that someone knows X amount about the game because they are at that level or have that class.

Heck, combine 3 Wartechers and you still have a party that can almost cover all 3 parts of the classes.

The only ingredient needed to create the perfect Class is to find 2 good players or a bunch of decent ones. Besides, the term "Class" is plural.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2008-04-13 09:42 ]</font>

Kylie
Apr 13, 2008, 01:10 PM
Better than every class? Eh... The only good I can see coming from this would be if it allowed you the freedom to pick the weapons you want to use. You know, like whips and rifles or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I think we're better off without such a class though.

TecherRamen
Apr 13, 2008, 04:01 PM
the game is still broken with soloers though. a good beast ff.... Ive seen one that could probably solo HSM S and still get an S rank(that is IF you could solo HSM)

Randomness
Apr 13, 2008, 04:15 PM
My idea of an ultimate class:S rank sabers, handguns, and nothing else. Can only use S rank armor. Gets speed boost and great stats.

NegaTsukasa
Apr 13, 2008, 11:00 PM
There is an ultimate type. It's called "Hacker." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Now thinking in a fantasy sense I'd say if there was an ultimate type it could be called "AdeptWeilder."
Now that is somethingI would choose! ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NegaTsukasa on 2008-04-13 21:01 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 12:28 AM
Funny how the poll's say "NO" but the past bitching about the Master classes says the contrary

panzer_unit
Apr 14, 2008, 11:43 AM
On 2008-04-13 22:28, RemiusTA wrote:
Funny how the poll's say "NO" but the past bitching about the Master classes says the contrary

People will bitch, but all it would take is a screen cap with a lot of gold letters and big numbers to get everyone fighting for the best seats on the ultimate-class bandwagon. Look what happened with Master jobs when the YouTube videos showing how fast they are came along

"They're not MASTERS. They suck. MASTER means knowing EVERYTHING about something. FighMaster can't even use all ForteFighter's weapons" -> "MASTER means doing the best DPS. FIGHMASTER4LYFE"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-14 09:46 ]</font>