PDA

View Full Version : there's a TOASTER in my WALL!

Wyndham
Apr 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
CONVENIENCE!

pikachief
Apr 11, 2008, 10:25 AM
ZOMG MY FRIEND LOVES TOAST! SHE ALWAYS DRAWS PICTURES OF TOAST ON HER NOTEBOOK! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!~

AlexCraig
Apr 11, 2008, 12:04 PM
My brothers u-name is Toaster_Boy.

Coincidence? I think so.

Weeaboolits
Apr 11, 2008, 12:36 PM
How'd it get there? You get upset when your toast wasn't ready?

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 11, 2008, 03:01 PM
The toaster doesn't have a "Cancel" button on it, does it? Because I just can't abide that bullshit.

Wyndham
Apr 11, 2008, 03:03 PM
it actually does have a cancel button. and a bagel button.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 11, 2008, 03:10 PM
Why people feel the need to complicate the simplest damned appliance in your kitchen with unnecessary buttons and controls, is simply beyond my understanding.

Like, I can understand having extra slots for more toast, or even extra wide slots for things like bagels and just damned wide slices... But really, you should never need more than a lever to lower the bread, and a second lever to adjust the timer. It's ridiculous to have more than that on a toaster.

Sord
Apr 11, 2008, 03:12 PM
On 2008-04-11 13:10, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Why people feel the need to complicate the simplest damned appliance in your kitchen with unnecessary buttons and controls, is simply beyond my understanding.

Like, I can understand having extra slots for more toast, or even extra wide slots for things like bagels and just damned wide slices... But really, you should never need more than a lever to lower the bread, and a second lever to adjust the timer. It's ridiculous to have more than that on a toaster.

we have a dial instead of a second lever for timer, but otherwise the "cancel" is just pushing up on the lever

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 11, 2008, 04:46 PM
On 2008-04-11 13:12, Sord wrote:
we have a dial instead of a second lever for timer, but otherwise the "cancel" is just pushing up on the lever

I believe a dial is just about simple enough.

astuarlen
Apr 11, 2008, 04:51 PM

Amen.
Know what I also don't get? Extra buttons on the microwave for individual food items. Mine has "pizza", "baked potato" (ugh), and "popcorn".

Nitro Vordex
Apr 11, 2008, 05:11 PM
On 2008-04-11 10:04, AlexCraig wrote:
My brothers u-name is Toaster_Boy.

Coincidence? I think so.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shadowpawn
Apr 11, 2008, 07:13 PM
On 2008-04-11 14:51, astuarlen wrote:

Amen.
Know what I also don't get? Extra buttons on the microwave for individual food items. Mine has "pizza", "baked potato" (ugh), and "popcorn".

Well popcorn is understandable (do you know how many times you can burn popcorn if you set the settings wrong, and before you say it...no the factory settings are NOT correct) but pizza?

astuarlen
Apr 11, 2008, 07:20 PM
Mostly I'm curious about how the designers came to choose those three foods in particular.
Baked potato? Are you kidding me? That's strictly an oven job.
Pizza is pretty mystifying, too.

Weeaboolits
Apr 11, 2008, 08:46 PM
The buttons on the microwave are fine by me, if I want popcorn, I just press popcorn.

Granted I have to press it twice.

Sord
Apr 11, 2008, 08:51 PM
we just have defrost ones, meat, chicken, and fish, i think. though there are the high and low power buttons

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 16, 2008, 04:45 PM
On 2008-04-11 14:51, astuarlen wrote:

Amen.

The "Popcorn" button can actually be quite a boon; supposing that you bought a really good microwave. On a good microwave oven, the "popcorn" button doesn't just activate a preset time and power level, but rather, a different mode that, instead of heating for a specific length of time, it listens for the sounds of popcorn popping, and stops when the popping dwindles.

Even more impressive, my mother-in-law has a microwave that knows what the hell you put in it, and will suggest settings, accordingly. It can also monitor the temperature of the food item within it, without the use of a probe, thus enabling it to cook the food to a specified temperature, rather than for a specified length of time.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 16, 2008, 07:49 PM
Just hope it doesn't take over your household. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif