PDA

View Full Version : Rods or Wands and Tech Mag?

AnimeBoy33
Apr 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
Well iwas wondering which is better,cause i just made a force character,and i couldn't decide which to equip.sooo,yeah

str898mustang
Apr 11, 2008, 09:32 AM
both IMO

DEM_CIG
Apr 11, 2008, 09:32 AM
If u want to cast quicker go with wands and tech mags, if u want more damage go with rods.

Lighthero
Apr 11, 2008, 09:42 AM
I'd say Wand/Tech mag, een with FT. I only use rod when I'm soloing or wanting to kill something quick or anything like that. But overall and fast runs, I'd say Wand/Madoog, it also casts much faster making you leveling your PA's faster.

Gen2000
Apr 11, 2008, 09:49 AM
To be the most effective you'll be using both.

panzer_unit
Apr 11, 2008, 09:55 AM
Rod for raw power, or Range mag + Wand for spamming hits.

I never understood the appeal of having two casting weapons armed, you can only use one at a time.

Akaimizu
Apr 11, 2008, 10:23 AM
Since my Tech mags aren't much for damage power, I tend to use the speed of both a Wand and Tech Mag mainly for buffs and stuff. Probably the fastest way to get them all off.

Wands (attack) and a Shadoog is pretty nifty because you get the simultaneous aspect of them. It more or less highly increases the speed of your attack.

TecherRamen
Apr 11, 2008, 10:30 AM
mags are good for healing. wands are good for everything. Rods are good for stacking(all one element). also Mags are great for spamming an kind of spell, but i especially like ra spells on a mag.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 11, 2008, 10:45 AM
Rods for damage, with the stackable elemental increase and the rod increase as well it'll power over a wand/tech mag combo, but as mentioned before for speed and overall usage wands/tech mags will do just fine even on a fortetecher

panzer_unit
Apr 11, 2008, 10:48 AM
On 2008-04-11 08:23, Akaimizu wrote:
Wands (attack) and a Shadoog is pretty nifty because you get the simultaneous aspect of them. It more or less highly increases the speed of your attack.

My cast's RCSM's aren't huge for damage... a couple hundred points at best (proper ele, WT, Sori/TECH Charge unit) but I can have them stack up some useful statuses while I button-mash proper element techniques for damage... burn mag + diga spells for bees, incapacitate mag + megid for robots... you know. Stuff.

Cracka_J
Apr 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
wand/mag for leveling your techs
rods for abusing them =D

Darius_Drake
Apr 11, 2008, 11:18 AM
On 2008-04-11 07:55, panzer_unit wrote:
Rod for raw power, or Range mag + Wand for spamming hits.

I never understood the appeal of having two casting weapons armed, you can only use one at a time.

From my experience which is very little, having two casting weapons seem to allow you more time before having to recharge. As you use your wand, your tech mag is recharging and vice versa. There is also the benefit that you can cast more quickly as well and remain more mobile. Being more mobile is a big deal because my force type characters have trash as far as HP is concerned.

MSAksion
Apr 11, 2008, 11:25 AM
for me i use All Rods Exclusively EXCEPT for;

1) Card Fan + Healing Wand
2) Healing Mag + Whip / Saber ( but level 10 Melee cap means i dont do this no more)
3) Spamming a particular spell such as Megid or GIZONDE.

With Har Quick and the superior elementally stacked TECH power of a ROD you wont care about a few extra hundred PP when all your enemies are dead. By now PP is no issue since there's a cube or a warp crystal in every block.

Inazuma
Apr 11, 2008, 11:31 AM
rod for hold techs
madoog for click techs
wand for your right hand when using madoog

lokey013
Apr 11, 2008, 11:48 AM
I still wish Fortetechers were able to use S-Rank Madoogs....but guess that's one of the appeals of being an Acrotecher =P

Powder Keg
Apr 11, 2008, 11:59 AM
Support spells - Wands and Mags

Attack - Rods

Heavy tech leveling - Wands and Mags

-Chilly
Apr 11, 2008, 12:00 PM
Both, as Artea has said

Weeaboolits
Apr 11, 2008, 01:52 PM
Rods are stronger, but wands and mags are faster. Pick your poison.

xEndrance
Apr 11, 2008, 02:55 PM
It just depends...
If your a AcroTecher then yes your only choices are Tech Mags and Wands.
But if your a ForteTecher then no your going to want to use Rods because of the 4 slots and the more PP you get...

Dragwind
Apr 11, 2008, 03:13 PM
Depends what force class you are playing.

If you are playing a fT, I would use them all, but rods primarily for attack techs. The rod tech damage bonus is too good to ignore, it should outperform the minor speed advantage of a madoog, and wand even. Hell, if I remember correctly, didn't they adjust the rod casting time to be on par with a wand? Some clarification with proof would be nice.

Wand and madoog is generally quicker for healing and buffing actions, so thats good for all force type classes.

However outside of fT you have GT, WT, and aT. I'd still use wands for your attack techs and some support, but keep those madoogs for support unless you need a pallete spot for a "virtual rod" (madoog + wand combo)

Inazuma
Apr 11, 2008, 03:20 PM
madoog is very good on MF b/c they can use s ranks plus the attack speed is so crazy. comparing pwand+7 and puushan+7, the madoog actually wins slightly in dps, especially if you consider you will be missing less often and being able to attack more often due to enemy flinching. you will drain your pp mother fucking fast, however -_-

rod is still overall better but if possible, cast your click techs from the madoog.

Randomness
Apr 11, 2008, 03:24 PM
I use hold-techs a lot as FT, so I generally use mostly rods. I still have a slot on the palette given over to Wand/Madoog for speed-casting foie, diga, etc. And I never leave home without a bow equipped for the various enemies its superior on. (Flying, tech resistant...)

furrypaws
Apr 11, 2008, 04:14 PM
I just use rods because that's what I'm most used to.

Plus, I couldn't be bothered to even attempt to hunt 12 S ranks to fill out an S rank weapons instead of 6. =P

unicorn
Apr 12, 2008, 02:02 AM
Having a Pwand and Gaozoran rod and a good handfull of techs over 31, I must say I find myself relying on the versatility of the Wand/Madoog combo.

I tend to use rods for hold techs (-Dam and -Nos) and some Ra-techs. I really only use rods to take advantage of their elemental %.

Obviously you should use take advantage of both, but I tend to rely more on my Wands/Madoogs. Their faster casting really makes the game more enjoyable.