PDA

View Full Version : Random disconnects?

Para
Apr 12, 2008, 02:17 PM
Lately on the PS2/PC server, when I afk for a bit I get disconnected by the server >_>. Anyone having that problem? Already happened twice to me.

Disconnected by request of server
or something like that.

Syl
Apr 12, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'd probably blame your ISP since I've afk'd a lot and no DC lol

Freshellent
Apr 12, 2008, 02:46 PM
I blame the number 4.

F-Gattaca
Apr 12, 2008, 02:47 PM
I blame Orius.

</tradition>

On topic: I've only had this happen when my computer's old router was being naughty. My new wireless router rarely does this, however.

Freshellent
Apr 12, 2008, 02:54 PM
Orius,that trouble maker.

Honestly I think it's a ISP problem. I've spent many,many hours AFK and have yet to be d/c'd from the game. Had PSU crash once,but nothing server related.

Para
Apr 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
Well actually this is very recent so I dunno... maybe i need to turn on my IRC again to help me log my disconnects.

Dragwind
Apr 12, 2008, 03:46 PM
Orius is to blame for everything, duh.

However, I have noticed that quite a few people have been getting D/Ced by their ISP's, including myself. I would contact your ISP about the issue. If they feed you the BS about checking this and that, say nay, everything was fine before and no hardware/software has been changed. I've been suspecting some BS with ISP services recently after some personal experiences.

Ithildin
Apr 12, 2008, 03:52 PM
I dc a fair bit when afk too. You are not alone...

Weeaboolits
Apr 12, 2008, 04:11 PM
It's happened to me a few times, usually when I first get on if I AFK (you know how you start out standing and your head doesn't turn when you move the camera, I DC at that type of spot).