PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: S> [B] Tsebra

Neoptolemus
Apr 13, 2008, 01:26 AM
I just found a [B] Tsebra tonight while trying to help a friend go up a level or two. The only PM that I don't have is a Tech one, so I won't be making it. Not sure what it is worth, but I have it in my shop for 10 mil. The cheapest one that I saw in player shops was 12 mil. Now, I know this isn't the best way to determine value, so I am open to *realistic* meseta offers. Not really looking to trade it, as my few wants (Rattlesnake, Baret, Cati/Bullet Save) are worth more than this board is... plus I like the hunt. I need cash to feed my grinding habit.

scarecrow36
Apr 13, 2008, 05:16 AM
the realistic value of a "[B]Tesbra" is 5mil if you checked shops before update you would have seen a few rotten around 7-12 mil depending on grinds but hey things might have changed in the last 2 days good luck ether way

Neoptolemus
Apr 13, 2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the info. It's very hard to assess value off of something based off of player shops. The ones sitting in the shops could have been in there for months.

Kietrinia
Apr 13, 2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah, that's true that using things in shops that have not sold as a basis for a price to sell at is a pain.

Best you can do is just play the price-war game, and hope demand for your item kicks up just slightly. Sometimes you can pick up when demand will change if you keep an eye on upcoming updates, as well as timing of events. Items seem to have an economic life-cycle of types... Uber-rare stage: When an item is first made available, it's price is huge (high demand from hype, low supply from it just being released). If the item is a board, it's mat prices also start to go up (higher demand, diminishing supply).
Less-rare stage: As more of the item drops, the supply is slowly going up, and those who find it are no longer seeking it, thus demand goes down. Prices start to sink.
Common-rare stage: Hype has died down, and many people who either found the item late, or couldn't sell their's, struggle in price wars to sell out, and drive the price down to insane levels. This is the "buyer's market" stage of an item.
Normal Market stage: Hype is all but gone. People are no longer worried too much about selling it. The item enters the "it'd be nice" category in the minds of many players. Prices go back up from the common-rare stage since the only way to end a price war is to buy the "winning" item, leaving only the more expensive "losing" items on the market. (I think the Tesbra is here)
Yesterday's News stage: A newer item to replace this one is released. The hype for the new item robs the old one of nearly every last ounce of demand for it. Prices don't move too much as the item falls below the financial radar of most people.So really, I'd personally just jump into the price-wars with other shops. Probably just try to match, or even be a bit daring and price above a couple in case someone gets an urge for a quick Tesbra buy and gets rid of your competition for you (and drives the price floor up). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

..I'm sorry, my little reply turned into a bit of a rant. >.>;

MSAksion
Apr 15, 2008, 04:37 AM
LOL i just bought a Tesbra [B] for 3.7 Million *BIG SMILE.

Now when i really go back to True Dark S2 if it does not drop legitimately i can always just hug my newly made Tesbra =3 And go back to looking for something else to hunt.

Syl
Apr 15, 2008, 05:10 AM
Too bad MAG is going to make this drop like mad :/

Cracka_J
Apr 15, 2008, 11:22 AM
On 2008-04-13 09:20, Kietrinia wrote:
So really, I'd personally just jump into the price-wars with other shops. Probably just try to match, or even be a bit daring and price above a couple in case someone gets an urge for a quick Tesbra buy and gets rid of your competition for you (and drives the price floor up). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Actually, this works quite well. I did something similar a few months back, and instead of biting the bullet on what I wanted to sell, I made like 15 mil extra.

Basically, I was trying to get rid of a made blackbull for 17 mil, and someone kept undercutting me. I went down to 15 mil, and he cut me again at 12. Granted, 12 is around the going price these days, but a few months ago around winter event, even 20 mil for a made was a good deal.

I got sick of the undercutting, and had the spare cash...so I bought his out and repriced in my shop for 17 mil each, then sold both in a matter of days.
Ended up makin 5 mil off his, and sold mine for what I wanted, so yay.

I guess I'm saying there's plenty of ways to make what you want, just gotta look at the situation strategically sometimes. And ya, in my case I had to spend a little to make a little, but it was worth it.

I'm rambling on as well, so free bump for you OP. Hope you sell it if you haven't already.