PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Foreseeing MAG problems.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 13, 2008, 12:53 PM
Not only does Maximum Attack G have to compete with Grand Theft Auto IV four days later, but I just noticed the Seeker bot is in the Mine. That's one of the robots that has a memory leak and causes the game to slow down to a near hault. I really hope that gets sorted out, or people might just forget about MAG altogether and go back to White Beast, meaning we won't even be near any kind of point along the points ladder to unlocking rewards.

Battlestar
Apr 13, 2008, 01:02 PM
let's hope Xbox and PC servers are separate then.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 13, 2008, 01:05 PM
On 2008-04-13 11:02, Battlestar wrote:
let's hope Xbox and PC servers are separate then.

They're not going to be; they never have been. PlayStation 2/PC couldn't reach the max unless they lowered it considerably anyhow. Let's just hope Sonic Team fixes the robot glitch with the version update on the 25th.

daniel_drago
Apr 13, 2008, 01:07 PM
Wow....just WoW....Yes thats right if this happens I wll just go back to WoW.

Battlestar xbox are separate from pc, however, pc and ps2 are on the same server.

I've experienced the slow down before but it's always been bearable, however, today doing sacred stream I almost died with boredum as I was constantly preforming 'The Matrix' style fights Over and Over and Over Again.

GTAIV can go to hell. Sorry, no offense but anyway.

joefro
Apr 13, 2008, 01:09 PM
During MAG, I will never play white beast. No matter what. If I have to restart my xbox after every run, then so be it. I will try as hard as I can to help unlock Ruins and Dark Falz. I wouldn't mind a spread needle/g either(If we get it). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tihoa
Apr 13, 2008, 01:11 PM
MAG has increased exp and drops along with some pretty good rares. The main MAG mission has Cati Skill Save, Carriguines, and Gaozorans. There's Program DF where you can get a lot of the 11* weapons that are going for large amounts of money (Cubo Tuma, Tesbra, Rikauteri). There's also The Messenger exchange mission for Gold Badges. I'm sure there will still be a lot of people there. White Beast they can do anytime as well.

There's also people saying that a lot of the former players will return just for the event as well. Last time during the Winter Event, there was almost always at least 1* on the PS2/PC version at all times. MAG is a lot bigger so I think there will be a lot more people.

Katrina
Apr 13, 2008, 01:17 PM
GTA will be around after Mag, but Mag's only here for a short time. Sure we'll lose some, but the incentives for Mag are hard to pass up.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 13, 2008, 01:22 PM
On 2008-04-13 11:17, Katrina wrote:
GTA will be around after Mag, but Mag's only here for a short time. Sure we'll lose some, but the incentives for Mag are hard to pass up.

Hopefully people don't get addicted to 16-player free-roaming GTA and cops and robbers...

Shiba1227
Apr 13, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm sure most of the people that play Psu won't lose sleep over not getting GTA4 on release day.

RedMussel
Apr 13, 2008, 05:06 PM
Why does everyone think the whole population of PSU will just stop and play GTA, when the Halo Beta thingie came out everyone thought that everyone will go to get but there was still tons of people on.

-Tidus_415-
Apr 13, 2008, 06:07 PM
This is not about GTA. This is about robot slowdown.

Phetty
Apr 13, 2008, 06:11 PM

Wait there incentives to play PSU? Sorry but anything is better then PSU at this point. GTA will be alot more fun then this poorly made game.

Katrina
Apr 13, 2008, 06:20 PM
On 2008-04-13 16:11, Phetty wrote:

Wait there incentives to play PSU? Sorry but anything is better then PSU at this point. GTA will be alot more fun then this poorly made game.

Then why are you here?

Iniquity
Apr 13, 2008, 07:28 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

chu-chu-chu
Apr 13, 2008, 08:35 PM
Well it could be a problem. (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=75354&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=%2Furl&start=0/url)

If there is robot slowdown in the MAG runs, it doesn't look like Sega will have fixed the root causes. According to Chillaura (from the link), it does not look like ST has even started on a fix.

We have brought this up with Sonic Team many times, if anyone could make a video and send us the link that might help them fix it. - chillaura, april 10.

imfanboy
Apr 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
Or they could modify the spawn patterns, which is what they'll probably have to do.

Thrash777
Apr 13, 2008, 09:09 PM
Screw GTA! I'm all about MAG! Those rewards are sweet! I know a fair amount of people that aren't bothered about GTA as well, it's not like it's gonna be a huge distraction. Halo 3 wasn't that big, only for about 3 days, and GTA isn't as big as Halo 3. Besides, I thought most people that play PSU, aren't into games like GTA...? Meh...

Anyway, we need as many people as possible to play for MAG to reap the rewards as a community!

pikachief
Apr 13, 2008, 09:13 PM
On 2008-04-13 19:09, Thrash777 wrote:
Screw GTA! I'm all about MARIO KART!

LeMan_Bayon
Apr 13, 2008, 09:36 PM
There is pretty much no need to worry about the robot issue. Winter event Protector's beta had way more robots and most continued to run it just fine. I just went through the stages again and there are a whopping 10 of those robots.

Room 1 starts with 2 robots and 2 more show up in the respawn.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/LeMan_Bayon/PSU%20JP%20Maximum%20Attack%20G%20H/robotspawn1.jpg

Room 3 starts with 3 robots in its initial spawn.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/LeMan_Bayon/PSU%20JP%20Maximum%20Attack%20G%20H/robotspawn2.jpg

Then when you move to the other side of room 3, 3 more robots spawn
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/LeMan_Bayon/PSU%20JP%20Maximum%20Attack%20G%20H/robotspawn3.jpg

In block B of the mines, you do not even face any robots. So I don't think we face enough for there too be a problem.

I think the saving grace for us getting rewards will actually be the inclusion of leaderboards. Without it, many people will not have an incentive to keep doing the mission. Remember how all those complaint threads about winter event showed up with the first few days? This will end up the same way because there is only one mission to do. At least in the winter event we went from Alpha, then Beta, and eventually got a choice between A or B.

RedMussel
Apr 13, 2008, 09:43 PM
On 2008-04-13 16:07, -Tidus_415- wrote:
This is not about GTA. This is about robot slowdown.

Did you bother on reading the OP post, its about both.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 13, 2008, 10:51 PM
During the Winter Event and 1.up missions when we had robots we didn't experience lag much (other then overly used MG Glitching) I'd love to submit a video of this shit cause i couldn't even get through 1.5 runs of Grove before having to go to dashboard again

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 12:32 AM
On 2008-04-13 10:53, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
Not only does Maximum Attack G have to compete with Grand Theft Auto IV four days later, but I just noticed the Seeker bot is in the Mine. That's one of the robots that has a memory leak and causes the game to slow down to a near hault. I really hope that gets sorted out, or people might just forget about MAG altogether and go back to White Beast, meaning we won't even be near any kind of point along the points ladder to unlocking rewards.

HAHAHA i laughed at the first few sentences of this topic.

Not really that i disagree with anything your saying, but its still funny

Complex_Jao
Apr 14, 2008, 12:58 AM
gta wont be a problem...id rather have only hardcore players than more people that dont care about the game

Bliven
Apr 14, 2008, 02:04 AM
Hasn't anyone noticed they generally do events to compete with other things?

DarkEliteRico
Apr 14, 2008, 06:56 AM
On 2008-04-14 00:04, Bliven wrote:

They've mentioned of doing an event or something different every quarter, with that it'll always seem like it comes out with another big game...think of 1.up, Halo 3 and a few other games came up around that time and yeah we had a lil dip in population, then we also had a lot of people come back as well. I don't really see this being a problem

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 14, 2008, 11:54 PM
Ok i just looked at those pics.....looks exactly like mines..... i think from pso............i wish they would made a PSU version of the original from PSU just for MAG

or just for that mission only.....

pikachief
Apr 15, 2008, 12:28 AM
On 2008-04-14 21:54, Charger89 wrote:
Ok i just looked at those pics.....looks exactly like mines..... i think from pso............i wish they would made a PSU version of the original from PSU just for MAG

too bad it is nothing like the mines http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

no mines enemies.

it also is mapped out nothing like the mines, no maze like ares in anyway, the whole map is very straight foward, there are no side paths whatsoever!

i think the only problem for MAG is people getting bored within 1-2 weeks lol

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 15, 2008, 12:39 AM
On 2008-04-14 22:28, pikachief wrote:

too bad it is nothing like the mines http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

no mines enemies.

it also is mapped out nothing like the mines, no maze like ares in anyway, the whole map is very straight foward, there are no side paths whatsoever!

I just noticed i didnt put the word enemies in there
like have all the traditional enemeies from PSO n MAG i guess polec would replace the rappy

WAT!?!?!? no maze..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! lol

Syaoran2
Apr 15, 2008, 01:04 AM
Personally, I'm not worried about the lagbot 2000's, but it would make jabroga rather annoying... it's slow already.... oh well, rare drops here I come, one week... sounds good.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 15, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hmmm just i want the Pushan and Aura Field
n since i heard the the the first MAG mission is fairly short. i dont think that will be much of a problem

dc534
Apr 15, 2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah more muzzlefever boards for us all, are they sure they dont want to add seed vitace and give us all some more hyper vipers as well. I hope this event goes well I plan on lvling a new character.

AlMcFly
Apr 15, 2008, 01:33 AM
On 2008-04-14 04:56, DarkEliteRico wrote:

On 2008-04-14 00:04, Bliven wrote:

They've mentioned of doing an event or something different every quarter, with that it'll always seem like it comes out with another big game...think of 1.up, Halo 3 and a few other games came up around that time and yeah we had a lil dip in population, then we also had a lot of people come back as well. I don't really see this being a problem

Games come out every quarter of the year. There isn't going to be a part of the year that a game won't be released. Of course every event competes with a game release because they release a brand new game all throughout the year lol.

mvffin
Apr 15, 2008, 02:59 AM
On 2008-04-14 23:33, McFlyVII wrote:
Games come out every quarter of the year. There isn't going to be a part of the year that a game won't be released. Of course every event competes with a game release because they release a brand new game all throughout the year lol.

High profile games don't come out all the time. Most of them come out November, and a few come out around midsummer. Grand Theft Auto and Halo don't come out every month.

It does seem like the events are being planned around higher profile game launches. I can almost guarantee we'll see Dengeki or whatever they decide to name it(i'm pulling for Thunderbreak = P) this November, when all the hawt new softie ware comes out.

pikachief
Apr 15, 2008, 09:55 AM
On 2008-04-14 22:39, Charger89 wrote:

On 2008-04-14 22:28, pikachief wrote:

no mines enemies.

I just noticed i didnt put the word enemies in there
like have all the traditional enemeies from PSO n MAG i guess polec would replace the rappy

WAT!?!?!? no maze..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! lol

the mines just have seekers, casts with shotguns, shinowas and grinna bead things or w/e...

i guess the shinowas count :/

AmyPsycho
Apr 15, 2008, 01:33 PM
I can hardly wait. I'm going to play the crap out of this so I can help add to the achieving Falz and Ruins. (Not to mention the synth bonus, I really want to make some s10 grinders...)

Seority
Apr 15, 2008, 01:47 PM
I say if anyone does White Beast during MAG, they deserve to be shot.
;/

If that really becomes a problem though, I might just quit sadly.
:<

JAFO22000
Apr 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
On 2008-04-13 18:35, chu-chu-chu wrote:
Well it could be a problem. (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=75354&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=%2Furl&start=0/url)

If there is robot slowdown in the MAG runs, it doesn't look like Sega will have fixed the root causes. According to Chillaura (from the link), it does not look like ST has even started on a fix.

We have brought this up with Sonic Team many times, if anyone could make a video and send us the link that might help them fix it. - chillaura, april 10.

That thread is AWESOME!!!

ST GMs: "What is this "slowdown" of which you speak?"

ST GMs: "There is slowdown on the 360 version?!?!?! Pics or it didn't happen!!"

DarkEliteRico
Apr 16, 2008, 11:46 AM
ok now that some video has been submitted with they do anything to attempt to fix this, or will it be anther 4 months or more of having to go back to dashboard and reload the game to try to clear this issue.

Akaimizu
Apr 16, 2008, 12:04 PM
I'm just waiting for a "What video? Was there a video of the slowdown? Can you send another one?"

pikachief
Apr 16, 2008, 12:23 PM
On 2008-04-15 11:47, Seority wrote:
I say if anyone does White Beast during MAG, they deserve to be shot.
;/

If that really becomes a problem though, I might just quit sadly.
:<

that will be a problem. the JP went back to white beast after a few days. not even a week.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2008-04-16 10:24 ]</font>

DarkEliteRico
Apr 16, 2008, 12:28 PM
On 2008-04-16 10:04, Akaimizu wrote:
I'm just waiting for a "What video? Was there a video of the slowdown? Can you send another one?"

Oh that'll chap my ass if they say something like that, multiple people have stated specific information for the DG issues and posted up some vids of slowdown, really wish quality of recording off of xbox wasn't such a bitch