PDA

View Full Version : 3 star Vs. 2 Star luck

Syaoran2
Apr 13, 2008, 09:06 PM
I've come to the conclusion that 3 star luck isn't necessarily better than 2 star luck, it just gets you better stuff of a different type.

Almost every day, I use whichever character of mine has 3* or 2* luck and usually don't get much.

When I have 3 star luck I usually just get some synth mats and some crappy boards.

However, When I/we(my friends have 2 star luck we get rather bad synth mats and have gotten 2 serafi senba's and a psycho wand.

These are my findings, I'm hunting with 2 star luck from now on.

pikachief
Apr 13, 2008, 09:09 PM
boss drops have nothing to do with luck.

but, luck just increases chances of ALL rares dropping, good or bad. so gold luck can just mean more kerseline.

thats y i like 2*. not TOO many rare items, not to little.

gives it perfect room for S ranks to pop out of http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chris28
Apr 13, 2008, 10:22 PM
got my Agito Repca board with 3 luck. I <3 3 luck.

chu-chu-chu
Apr 13, 2008, 10:33 PM
whoah wait aminute!

increased odds are teh same as guarantees? and u can find stuff even with not having 3 star luck?

i got to tell my frend - he wont believe it!

HienkyakuX
Apr 13, 2008, 11:30 PM
Star luck only increase the drop rate it's like having GBR with out luck. Now have GBR at max + 3* luck and you'll see an item no matter if it's rare or not drop from each monster.

But it won't give you a better chance of getting a rare since most of my boss rares have been with 0 or 1*

R2D6battlebot
Apr 14, 2008, 12:04 AM
You guys are all wrong, the only thing that determines rare drops is Room Decorations.

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 12:30 AM
The more rappies you have in your room, the more rares you get

Jaos help as well but not as much as rappy

Fact, prove me wrong

Winter_of_uno
Apr 14, 2008, 12:31 AM
Room Decorations and Lunar Phases plus what you had for dinner.

Thrash777
Apr 14, 2008, 12:33 AM
Woah, last time I checked, luck ONLY influenced grinding... since when has it influenced drop rate???

(and what's GBR???)

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 12:41 AM
On 2008-04-13 22:31, Winter_of_uno wrote:

if the bird you ate for dinner happened to be yellow your luck increases tenfold

yellow moons with feathers also get rarz

galaxy
Apr 14, 2008, 12:56 AM
the other thing you all have to keep in mind too:

Real life luck > In game luck. you can have 3 star luck for weeks, and find absolute crap (like me during the reward period after any event... jeez). i hate to say it, but you finding better drops with 2 star luck over 3 star luck is most likely just coincidence. people try to make something more out of these situations but honestly, it most likely boils down to just coincidence.

R2D6battlebot
Apr 14, 2008, 03:54 AM
But really, Photon Fortune only affects grinding and the DROP-ANYTHING rate of creatures. In other words, with 3* Photon Fortune, you will generally have more items dropping from quests, but this doesnt guarantee that those items will be rare. As said above, Photon Fortune DOES NOT affect boss boxes, because their Drop-Anything rate is 100% already.

EMPYREAN
Apr 14, 2008, 04:09 AM
mehh F*** lv3 luck. i found all of my 10 and 11* with no luck or lv 1 luck. anytime we have 2 or 3 weeks of lv 3 luck i find nothing. makes me wonder is the system is broken lol.

Gen2000
Apr 14, 2008, 09:07 AM
Before AoI release when droprates really sucked ass I found all the good Sranks and units with Lv1Luck mostly so I've always been a fan of it. 1Luck FTW.

Bolvyn
Apr 14, 2008, 09:23 AM
luck is only for grinding and making wepons only. It will not help with rares at all. Rares are random on how much you play that quest. If you play the quest more. More higher the rate you get a that wepon you are hunting for.

desturel
Apr 14, 2008, 09:47 AM
On 2008-04-14 01:54, R2D6battlebot wrote:
As said above, Photon Fortune DOES NOT affect boss boxes, because their Drop-Anything rate is 100% already.

The Photon Fortune may not affect boss boxes, but the GBR bonus certainly did. When running a GBR run with 200% luck or more in tunnel recapture S2, my team was getting Catilium from the nearly all of the end boxes. when running with a boost percentage of 100% it was mostly Stelnium with maybe one or two Catilium. When running with 50% or less you would begin to see more Solodnium and even a few Harnium. After boost road went away doing tunnel recapture S2 gets me more Solodnium than anything else in the end boxes.

amtalx
Apr 14, 2008, 09:52 AM
On 2008-04-13 22:41, RemiusTA wrote:

On 2008-04-13 22:31, Winter_of_uno wrote:

if the bird you ate for dinner happened to be yellow your luck increases tenfold

yellow moons with feathers also get rarz

My room full of Sonics begs to differ.

stukasa
Apr 14, 2008, 10:53 AM
On 2008-04-13 19:06, Syaoran2 wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that 3 star luck isn't necessarily better than 2 star luck, it just gets you better stuff of a different type.

Almost every day, I use whichever character of mine has 3* or 2* luck and usually don't get much.

When I have 3 star luck I usually just get some synth mats and some crappy boards.

However, When I/we(my friends have 2 star luck we get rather bad synth mats and have gotten 2 serafi senba's and a psycho wand.

These are my findings, I'm hunting with 2 star luck from now on.

Photon Fortune only affects the quantity of drops, not the quality. Don't worry about whether you have 2* or 3* if you're hunting an item, it won't make much difference. The only time you should think about Photon Fortune is when you're grinding your shiny new rares. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

FrostyBuds
Apr 15, 2008, 02:45 PM
s star luck usually doesent help me with anything except grinding but last night on my male beast character i found two grand cross boards in 3 runs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif other than that i would much rather have 2 star

RemiusTA
Apr 15, 2008, 05:05 PM
On 2008-04-14 07:52, amtalx wrote:
My room full of Sonics begs to differ.

for every Sonic in your room you not only lose half your luck but your chance of glitches and rollbacks increase by 1.0000853% and the next game you buy will 100% be garbage

sonic the hedgehog X360/PS3 told me so

bLOODSAW
Apr 15, 2008, 06:18 PM
From experience i can say 2 star luck has served me much better. The whole reward period oafter the 1up cup, i got nothing from anywhere. The day after it ended i had 2 star luck and BAM... serafi senba board. Fast forward a month or two. Ive run white beast numerous times with varying luck. I get 2* again... BAM... another serafi senba...

And if i'm not mistaken i did two runs of the train mission on s2 and with 2* luck... cubo musrana drops on the second run...

Again, i wont say if its true for a fact, but from my experience 2* has been much kinder to me.

Syl
Apr 15, 2008, 07:10 PM
On 2008-04-15 16:18, bLOODSAW wrote:
From experience i can say 2 star luck has served me much better. The whole reward period oafter the 1up cup, i got nothing from anywhere. The day after it ended i had 2 star luck and BAM... serafi senba board. Fast forward a month or two. Ive run white beast numerous times with varying luck. I get 2* again... BAM... another serafi senba...

It's all coincidence really. That's like saying since my rarest weapon dropped on 1* luck, it immediately makes it so much better.