PDA

View Full Version : How rare is Forest of Illusion?

Thrash777
Apr 14, 2008, 12:32 AM
Like, how many missions it take people to do before it appeared? I'm curious...

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 12:39 AM
Ive played (approximately) 200 runs in moatoob since its release and have YET to be in a party where anyone has found it.

The one time i played it was someone else inviting me. Nobody in my party has EVER gotten Forest of Illusion, however people frequently end up getting it back to back.

Hope that ansered your question. It'll either make you love it, or just piss you the hell off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-13 22:39 ]</font>

Macras
Apr 14, 2008, 12:41 AM
out of about 200-300 runs, i've found it 2 times and had party mates that found it either 3 or 4 times

Thrash777
Apr 14, 2008, 12:50 AM
Holy...! Very rare then... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I was hoping 1/50 at least!

F-Gattaca
Apr 14, 2008, 04:54 AM
Yeah. I would've been in RemiusTA's position were it not for the fact that Ronin Cooper mailed me one night and said "Hey, I just checked a mission terminal and I've got FoI, wanna come?"

I was so there.

Before then, I was scratching my head at the people in my IRC chatroom who play PSU and bragged about finding FoI at least once, if not three times, each day they went hunting for it. I guess the paradise pair of dice just have it out for me! </obscure_game_reference>

shotsfired
Apr 14, 2008, 05:06 AM
i wouls say it has the same rarity as a rappy run. it is quite rare, but i have been in parties where we have gotten it back to back. I have seen it about a dozen times, and I play this game waaaaay too much

Cheeseycake
Apr 14, 2008, 05:10 AM
i know i only got 2 times about 300 runs

My lucky bastard of a friend got it 17 times ><
almost all the time and he wasnt even looking

ThaPrez2k5
Apr 14, 2008, 05:30 AM
its very random sometimes i will solo and find it and invite random people only after about 10 to 30 runs but since last time i think im up to around 60 right now I've personally foun it about 5 times but been in there about 20 times...i really think you need some kind of luck to find it each day super holy or just plain real life luck...i read on a different forum rougue's short cut is pretty fast mission ive been soloing that but if i got a party that wants experience ill do awoken serpent then check for foi...i tried one day that if you leave party at the end of AS i found it three out of five times i tried but doesn't seem to work anymore like that

Zero-Sensei
Apr 14, 2008, 06:24 AM
I know that I've gotten FOI more than 15 times at this time. Somewhere around 15-20. Around that range. How it works for me is not actually looking for it/hunting. XD Same thing happened when I hit that lucky P wand streak in like two days. All I was doing was solo capping at SW S2 and found a total of four of them. It's definitely randomness. >>;

lostinseganet
Apr 14, 2008, 06:37 AM
I have never made it...I do not other to try to remember how many runs that would be discouraging.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 14, 2008, 07:00 AM
I've seen FoI about 20 times, it's kind of random just like getting a rare creature spawn. Worst is with getting FoI it can take you days on end to get it, but like use i've had it 3 times in a row one day....kind of sickening on how many [B] Viper and other pseudo-junk i had from those...best was 5 halp boards and me getting 3 of them

segadrm10
Apr 14, 2008, 07:05 AM
sinces it was release ive play it 6 times, 3 of does it show up on me and the other 3 show up on other members on the party.

DEM_CIG
Apr 14, 2008, 07:08 AM
Its random, I found it in back to back runs before... it is the luck of the draw.

Jakosifer
Apr 14, 2008, 07:23 AM
Too rare for me to ever bother wasting my time trying to find. >_>

Powder Keg
Apr 14, 2008, 07:32 AM
I used to find it all the time (at least 4 times on my own, not counting invites)

But when I really wanted to get it for Rappy Paskas, nope. Wouldn't show up.

Gen2000
Apr 14, 2008, 08:32 AM
Get it at least once a day but I usually play on Moatoob anyways so it's not I'm like looking for it.

Ahkaskar
Apr 14, 2008, 08:42 AM
I had run maybe about 50-70 moatoob missions over the course of about 4 or 5 weeks until I got it. Until I saw it first-hand, I wondered if I was doing something wrong.

Incidentally, my university connection had been having problems that week and I was disconnected a short time into the second block. I'm just glad I saw enough of it to know that, while it's an interesting mission with a hell of a reward, it's not terribly exciting in any way. Certainly not worth spending 40 hours to the exclusion of anything else, trying to hunt it down.

DEM_CIG
Apr 14, 2008, 08:55 AM
If u dont look for it, u should find it...

jerrelle
Apr 14, 2008, 10:02 AM
wow, i thought that it was gone. glad to see it's still there.

enoch
Apr 14, 2008, 10:29 AM
o.o I just strated playing and I got it. all by meselfs ahahhaha. I have so many beamguns and varistas(lol reminds me of pso) XD Ive only played it once though

Pandaling
Apr 14, 2008, 10:39 AM
It's a strange and annoying place.. Forest of Illusion.

My first time finding it, I found it duoing with a buddy, and we got it pretty much after the first run. Then within the hour (the party grew) and two more runs popped up (which I flagged) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Then I haven't found it since.

Tried last night with a full party; but after 3 hours of nothing it was time to give up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Syanaide
Apr 14, 2008, 11:54 AM
I usually do Tunnel Recapture a few times a day, still haven't found it. Just based on if you're (IRL) lucky or not, I suppose.

Reven
Apr 14, 2008, 12:34 PM
All these people are crazy, if you're serious about finding it and you have a party serious about finding it you can get it about every 2-3 hours, just do the very first moa mish on c rank and speed through it. There are of course times when you'll be really unlucky and won't get it for like 5 or 6 hours but there is also times where you'll get it back to back.

On average it is about every 2 hours with a full party doing speed runs on c for it. During GBR I would do full S2 GBR rounds all day and get it at least once or twice a day so it's not that hard to find even if you're not speed running for itl.

Atomic646
Apr 14, 2008, 01:05 PM
200-500 times run never got it, Played it once because of friend :/

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 01:12 PM
I don't think you can say how "rare" it is.
It's too random to state. lol
Some get it after their first run, some look for it 3 days straight and find nothing. (like myself at the beginning which was obvious extremely frustrating as it was still a very new mission then and it contents items more for Forces, too)
In my opinion, it's pretty much comparable to hunting an item, just that this is much more boring and it's about a mission itself and not an actual item. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nirvash7
Apr 14, 2008, 02:16 PM
I think the higher the rank the mission is the more likely you are to find it. I got it after running System Defense S2 with a party on our first run. That beats that other day when I was with a party and we ran System Defense C like 20 times and didn't find it.

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 02:34 PM
On 2008-04-14 12:16, Nirvash7 wrote:
I think the higher the rank the mission is the more likely you are to find it. I got it after running System Defense S2 with a party on our first run. That beats that other day when I was with a party and we ran System Defense C like 20 times and didn't find it.

Nope, that must've been pure coincidence and is just speculation.
I know people who found it a lot of times by running C missions.
Again, I can't think of a more accurate way of telling how "rare" it actually is than in my above post. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Best chances to get it: Spam C mission with 6 people and split up afterwards, that's the normal way to do it, and there's no more efficient way to find it regardless of being lucky irl or not.

Celi-Ka
Apr 14, 2008, 04:05 PM
I got it the first day that it was released...after that I haven't had any luck. Usually one of the other people in the party at the time ends up finding it.

Dragwind
Apr 14, 2008, 04:07 PM
It seems to be almost entirely random. I've been in a situation once where we got it twice, back to back. Sometimes we would find it again shortly after, other times it would take hours.

RebhtheDark
Apr 14, 2008, 05:07 PM
Ive gotten it about 3 times, but I useally dont play in Moatoob that often.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 14, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hmmm for most people its just random
like yesterday i was doing de rol le with 3 of my other friends over n over... (dont know how many times we did it) but within a 5 hour period, we got FOI 3 times. Ironically after they got off (they had school) i found by myself.... none of my friends was on so i just solo'd it

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
I've done it six or seven times. I found it today in a party of two after three runs.

Thrash777
Apr 14, 2008, 07:06 PM
Well, 3* luck today! Let's put it to the test! (although I'm still not hopeful... lol)

NegaTsukasa
Apr 14, 2008, 08:07 PM
Is forest of illusion offline as well?

PALRAPPYS
Apr 14, 2008, 09:27 PM
Although I personally have only found it once, I think I won't be finding it again for a while.

I did a Rappy Igg run back-to-back last night. You don't get that lucky I'm telling you. (Meh, crap drops though; only 1 Halp)

relentless
Apr 15, 2008, 08:51 AM
On 2008-04-14 18:07, NegaTsukasa wrote:
Is forest of illusion offline as well?

Online only.
I think except a few items (like 13* Weapons etc.), most of the contents released in the future from now on are only for online anyways.

ThEoRy
Apr 15, 2008, 10:31 AM
haven't. found it. yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mezrath
Apr 15, 2008, 06:31 PM
I've looked for it once. I ran two missions, and then it was there, and haven't really looked for it since. Reading this thread doesn't really make me want to look for it again either, heh.

Edit: Wow was this really my first post? Do I win the prize for oldest lurker ever?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mezrath on 2008-04-15 16:35 ]</font>