PDA

View Full Version : Does Enemy level affect drops?

Crawdad
Apr 14, 2008, 02:23 AM
For example if an item drops from enemies level 50 to 119, does that mean they drop more frequenlty or have a better chance at the higher end of the spectrum ors is this too soon to know or not enough data to know yet?

Syl
Apr 14, 2008, 02:33 AM
Well, if it did, I'm sure it would have been proven by now.

Crawdad
Apr 14, 2008, 02:35 AM
so in reality no knows yet... That Sux. I guess S2s it is still

Syl
Apr 14, 2008, 02:36 AM
Look at it this way, even though it may be faster to do in a lower rank, at least you're getting more EXP/Meseta <.<

TecherRamen
Apr 14, 2008, 02:45 AM
But what if its faster to get it from a lower ranking enemy with a lower drop rate than it is from a higher ranking enemy with a higher drop rate. Say S- S2. That is: if you can do 3 S's to 1 S2 and if drop rate were to be in S something like half of what it is on S2, then essentially you would be getting a 50% increase in drop rate per unit time...

If this is what you mean then I have also wondered this..

SabZero
Apr 14, 2008, 04:28 AM
Like doing Mad creatures S for Goldania, some people said S2 would increse the chance, because there Goldania is the "junk drop". In my experience, no difference. Box drops can get better with mission rank.

Chris28
Apr 14, 2008, 07:41 AM
well heres my dillema, i want to hunt carriguine blades, which can drop from any lvl carriguine. There is a story mission you can do on C rank that has 4 of them and can be finished in 10-12 minutes. The other option is to do Dark Satellite S2 and fight the very high lvl Carriguines at the end, but it also takes longer to get to them. Which has the better chance to drop it or is it the same for both?

Dragon_Knight
Apr 14, 2008, 08:24 AM
Enemy parts are a special drop and have the same chance of dropping no matter the lv of the monster. However.....GL getting the arms off of a Carriguine at all.

Ahkaskar
Apr 14, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'd think that drops wouldn't necessarily get better with rank. Some things swap out for others, but I'd imagine there's a lot of drop table growth. Basically, the higher you go, the more possible items.

For example, maybe on C, you might see up to 6* or 7* ores. On S2, you might see upwards of 13*, all competing with whatever you're after. While you might get more valuable stuff in general, it reduces the chances of you finding what you're actually after.

SabZero
Apr 14, 2008, 09:07 AM
I think you have a better chance on C. I found all Vahra nails on C...

DEM_CIG
Apr 14, 2008, 09:10 AM
I think it does matter wut level the enemy is, cause if they droped as much on the lower levels then hardly anyone would do S2's because there would be no reason to run the higher level missions.

Bolvyn
Apr 14, 2008, 09:16 AM
The lv of the enemy is what wepon it drops at that lv. The drop rate dos not go up with a higher lv. It jest changes what wepon it drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bolvyn on 2008-04-14 07:19 ]</font>

Crawdad
Apr 14, 2008, 09:08 PM
well im specifically referring to the Crea Doubles board which drops at Linear Area from lvl 50 - 100 something so i want to know if there s a better chance of it in higher levels

DarkEliteRico
Apr 14, 2008, 09:30 PM
On 2008-04-14 19:08, Crawdad wrote:
well im specifically referring to the Crea Doubles board which drops at Linear Area from lvl 50 - 100 something so i want to know if there s a better chance of it in higher levels

It's an area drop so anything and everything minus boxes can drop it. The lvl IMO doesn't mean jack unless you're hunting for materials that drop for a set lvl range or for rare creature maps