PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Del Ro Le(pso) vs Del Ro Le(psu)

D-type_Ranger
Apr 14, 2008, 12:31 PM
On my opinion,Del Ro Le on pso was a much better boss than the one in Psu.I found the one on psu to be a total dissappointmentBut I'd like to hear what other players have to say.so fire away!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-04-16 12:10 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
PSU bosses are nothing to write home about at all. I mean, a flying fish? As much as I enjoy having an aquatic enemy, that's just silly.
De Rol Le's swimming animation is just awesome, as well. It shows off its strength while it pumbles you. Plus I liked how it wasn't completely helpless when it was attached to the boat.

PSO's fight was even more fun. While PSU's forces you to simply stand and fire using a handgun for most of the fight, PSO's had you dodging and weaving through his various attacks and gave you the chance to hit him with a slicer, shotgun, or ra- tech. Even the cool periods were exciting.

PSU's De Rol Le was simply a copy of PSO's, but I think they did a pretty bad job at transfering him to PSU's mechanics. Still, he is the most fun boss to fight, behind Fakis form 2.

RadiantLegend
Apr 14, 2008, 12:57 PM
I miss the old days of OHKO

Anduril
Apr 14, 2008, 01:02 PM
Oh, god. I hated fighting De Rol Le in PSO. I"m not saying it was a bad fight, just that I had a hard time beating him as my FOnewm. It was a fun fight... when I wasn't running for my ever-loving life. PSU's De Rol Le isn't the same, but I think it's better than just giving us another reskinned boss, and it feels a bit more like an event since you have to move the raft and you are restricted to just the raft, unlike some of the other bosses.

Sha Sha
Apr 14, 2008, 01:16 PM
My god I hated Caves area So I would only fight De Rol Le when ever I had to clear the area due to an event or TTF Weird... I liked fighting Barba Ray more then any other worm creature.
Altho my Old Time fav boss was Olga Flow =3

-Tidus_415-
Apr 14, 2008, 01:23 PM
PSO De Rol Le was stupid. 3 seconds on the raft and it would die. It would seriously only take 30 seconds to kill it (including cutscene animation). Pretty much a waste of time.

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 01:24 PM
Give us back the old De Rol soundtrack from PSO and I'll think about this question again, haha.

Kion
Apr 14, 2008, 01:25 PM
On 2008-04-14 11:02, Anduril wrote:
Oh, god. I hated fighting De Rol Le in PSO. I"m not saying it was a bad fight, just that I had a hard time beating him as my FOnewm.

Are you serious? Rafoie hit every part of his body every cast racking up massive amounts of damage. Fight never lasted longer than a few minutes for me.

And i agree with Zoraphim, the fight didn't switch over very well. It's nice to see they tried to not have the exact same boss and throw in the feature of movign the raft, and new attacks, but he pretty much spends all of his time out of range. If your party misses the rare occasion where he actually can be hit by melee; the fight takes forever.

Anduril
Apr 14, 2008, 01:27 PM
On 2008-04-14 11:25, Kion wrote:

On 2008-04-14 11:02, Anduril wrote:
Oh, god. I hated fighting De Rol Le in PSO. I"m not saying it was a bad fight, just that I had a hard time beating him as my FOnewm.

Are you serious? Rafoie hit every part of his body every cast racking up massive amounts of damage. Fight never lasted longer than a few minutes for me.

I just sucked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif The first time I got to him I didn't even have any Techs other than the basic ones.

enoch
Apr 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
I liked the challenge of the psu one. Im a PSO FREAK, but I have to admit... fighting de rol le alone on psu is an awesome battle cause its so hard. especially with a fortecher tht only knows a high level foie XD

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
On 2008-04-14 11:41, enoch wrote:
I liked the challenge of the psu one. Im a PSO FREAK, but I have to admit... fighting de rol le alone on psu is an awesome battle cause its so hard. especially with a fortecher tht only knows a high level foie XD

You just need to be buffed / Giresta'd and then spam Noszonde when he's not in range and spam Foie if he is in range. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Will take a bit, but the best way I know of, hah. (and it's still fun)

panzer_unit
Apr 14, 2008, 02:13 PM
If PSU De Rol Le used its moves differently it would be a much more enjoyable fight.

Raft - it should be a lot faster to move around, someone who's active on the buttons should make a big difference for positioning, dodging charges and slamming it when it flies alongside. If things happened more quickly it would be less obvious that the team's being fed an easy chance to pile some real damage on.

Flybys for freeze, rocks, tackle - all good... I favor attacks that force players to shoot it on the move
Dive, come up swimming around the boat spamming bullets - more of the same goodness
Dive, come up over the boat and barf up maggots - I've only seen this like once. Its awesome and gross. This should be the favored move to give fighters an opportunity to attack.
Fly near side the raft shooting whatever of its homing attacks - pretty good, the attacks should be more avoidable and much more damaging.
Fly right alongside the raft in reach of melee fighers doing nothing - NO. IT SHOULD KEEP SHOOTING. KILL SOMEONE ALREADY.
Just flying there out of range - it should NEVER EVER do this.

The ultimate difficulty PSO De Rol Le fight was pretty good fast paced with lots to avoid... Barba Ray was too much emphasis on annoying creature/status attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-14 12:16 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 03:07 PM
Well, im going to say PSU's De Rol Le because i actually have fun with the PSU De Rol Le.

Not only was the Caves my LEAST favroite stage in the entire game I actually hated them, mostly because of the ugly music, and i remember over seven occasions when i have actually fallen asleep playing those stages. (Yes, from boredom.) , De rol Le was absolutely my least favorite boss in the entire game (also because its music sucked) and i hated fighting him.

That, and if your a Force with decent Gifoie/Rafoie or (in the event your online) are in a party with AoE spells, De Rol Le can be completely ass fucked in less than, LITERATELY, 8 seconds.

That goes with just about all the PSO Ep.1 bosses. They were neat, but they all sucked. Vol Opt had to have been the most fun, the Dragon was easy as hell, De Rol Le was either hard as hell or easy as molten shit, and aside from Dark Falz's final form (with the kickawesome amazing music), the final boss was also a pushover.

PSU De Rol Le is far more visually appealing with far less ZZZZZ music. I find him alot more fun to fight, but i think he would be a much greater boss if he moved from phase to phase a tad quicker. But yes, i can almost call the De Rol Le PSU battle along the lines of "Epic" with the raft moving and such. I do hope that in future difficulties he becomes harder to take down though.

In fact, i would enjoy ALL PSU bosses over PSO bosses in the event they were more difficult. Awesome bosses like the Alterzghog and De Rol Le would be great if they were actually DANGEROUS to fight and had far more HP. I know its hard to set a good HP amount when the stage doesnt change difficulty based on the amount of players, but it really should. But in my mind the PSU bosses are already far better since they last longer than fucking 8 seconds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-14 13:10 ]</font>

Shinko
Apr 14, 2008, 03:10 PM
On 2008-04-14 11:23, -Tidus_415- wrote:
PSO De Rol Le was stupid. 3 seconds on the raft and it would die. It would seriously only take 30 seconds to kill it (including cutscene animation). Pretty much a waste of time.

i agree with this. i mean he was far too easy. psu one is easy to but not as easy as the one on pso.

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 03:11 PM
Shinko there is something disturbing about your signature

really, really disturbing.

Shinko
Apr 14, 2008, 03:14 PM
Really there just eating ice cream lol

Akaimizu
Apr 14, 2008, 03:17 PM
I say they even up, though I tend to think the PSU De Ro Le can be a bit cheaper than the other one. Cheap as in rock dodging. Now, I'm not talking about all Classes here, but some of the lower-HP ones definitely can be cheap 1-hit killed by the Falling Rocks. Outside of being fortunate to have the raft out of the way, I don't really see a pattern to actually dodge the rocks to keep them from landing on you.

Still, he doesn't do it all the time, which makes him that much easier, but I'm a bit unsure as to whether there's some kind of dodge pattern that can avoid them if they are going to come from overhead. Using the shadows doesn't do anything for me, in time, that is.

I do, however, miss the good ol' Attach to the raft and extend the spines, from the original. They really hurt in that game, but they basically kept you moving if you didn't want to get skewered. However, in PSU, they were less annoying about the mines. De Ro Le's mines in PSO, while they were there, I tend to not like them as much since they definitely slowed things down.

You still get some satisfaction of seeing him break apart in both versions. Also, because he's a PSO boss recreated from PSU, it does make him the only boss yet that truly uses the Terrain in its attack patterns. Stuff like going under the water, diving down, popping up again, and causing avalanches. Terrain use is generally stuff PSO bosses did. Like the Dragon burrowing underground to attack, or the Mines boss hiding in the TV sets, or raising some pillars to shock you with a vulnerable pillar for you to attack, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-14 13:18 ]</font>

Honey_Bot
Apr 14, 2008, 03:23 PM
funny thing is had sega brought everything over the way every one here seems to want then there would be bitching about why they didn't make the game different. by the way this was meant to be a different game right?

Akaimizu
Apr 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
People have different opinions on what they want to see in a sequel. This is normal. Some people just want the obvious next step, where it builds upon an established structure and just offers more; others want to see real fundamental changes.

Good example: See Final Fantasy XII. Watch how two different groups of people really can't agree on that game. Too many changes made for a lot of the fans, while other fans who really wanted to see fundamental changes praise it for its new direction. Both sides, do mention issues, even if they agree to disagree.

RemiusTA
Apr 14, 2008, 03:34 PM
On 2008-04-14 13:23, Honey_Bot wrote:
funny thing is had sega brought everything over the way every one here seems to want then there would be bitching about why they didn't make the game different. by the way this was meant to be a different game right?

QFT.

Besides, the spines were the most annoying part of De Rol Le. there was nothing worse than fighting and getting smacked with a spine only to fall and waste about 3 seconds of time otherwise used to wail into his ugly face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-14 13:36 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 14, 2008, 03:36 PM
On 2008-04-14 11:25, Kion wrote:
i agree with Zoraphim,

Why does nobody get my name right? I guess it's better than Zorafirm, but...

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
People moving the boat without knowing it or disregarding requests to not step on the switches is oh-so-fun.

Weeaboolits
Apr 14, 2008, 03:45 PM
On 2008-04-14 13:34, RemiusTA wrote:
Besides, the spines were the most annoying part of De Rol Le. there was nothing worse than fighting and getting smacked with a spine only to fall and waste about 3 seconds of time otherwise used to wail into his ugly face.That's why you dodged them. That and it hurt.

SonicTMP
Apr 14, 2008, 04:01 PM
I've only done a solo run of De Rol Le on offline. Took a while to kill. Seriously not impressed.

One of the few unique bosses (how many reskins do we have currently...?) and he's pretty much a gun fight. I really wouldn't of mind if they simply gave the original PSO De Rol Le a gaphics upgrade and tossed it in.

The boss fights in general for PSU are rather lame IMO. How did they go from such fun awesome fights in pso to the crap we got now? Heck even the ice and lighting dragon reskins back in PSO were better.

Para
Apr 14, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-04-14 11:24, SeKaI wrote:
Give us back the old De Rol soundtrack from PSO and I'll think about this question again, haha.

ding ding ding.

Criss
Apr 14, 2008, 05:16 PM
I first fought PSU De Rol Le while I was duoing the mission on S rank, and the guy I was with got disconnected just as we went through the boss portal. I ended up solo against De Rol Le while I had no idea how it behaved, and it ended up being one of the most fun moments I've had in PSU.

So really, De Rol Le isn't such a bad fight... it just needs some AI tweaking. More aggressiveness, less flying away from the boat. And maybe some more HP (as all bosses would need).

Thrash777
Apr 14, 2008, 10:49 PM
...I think I'm one of the few people that actually enjoyed Cave runs! Cave 3 was awesome!
Me and my friends used to do world tours every day, from Forest to Ruins to Seabed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it was awesome!

Weeaboolits
Apr 15, 2008, 12:00 AM
Caves weren't so bad, just... long.

I rather enjoyed CAVES 2.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 15, 2008, 12:24 AM
I'm just gonna the PSO De Rol Le was much better to fight with.
BTW Great Sig Sekai

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 15, 2008, 12:27 AM
I'm just gonna the PSO De Rol Le was much better to fight with.
BTW Great Sig Sekai

Ahkaskar
Apr 15, 2008, 02:54 AM
The music in PSO caves was about as action-packed as water boiling. Depending on what character I was playing and what character level I tried to do it, I may have been playing it so long that I would have had to stop twice for regular meals. PSO De Rol Le was easy, very easy, even for a fighter. Anything that was aoe and hit multiple points (I don't truly remember the mechanics, whether or not anything that was aoe couldn't hit multiple points) absolutely annihilated him. The only trouble was when you were fighting him alone and you either couldn't dodge some of his attacks (such as the Purple Orbs of Doom) or you spent too much time dodging them and not enough time fighting him. This isn't to say I didn't have fun fighting PSO De Rol Le, but it was kinda aggravating until you were equipped to deal with him. I kinda wish we still had that boss music, though...

I once had a talk with someone else in the game, and he said that PSU De Rol Le was so much harder, because he didn't have a pattern. Sure, that may be the case, but it's very, very, very easy to dodge the snow, boulder and dive attacks, if only you actually pay attention to the cues. I've done it numerous times in a two man party. The only thing that PSU De Rol Le does that you can't dodge is when he points the ice beam attack at you. Freeze / Resist FTW. At least it isn't practically a near-death experience like the aforementioned, nearly unavoidable Purple Orbs of Doom.

PSU De Rol Le can't kill you nearly as fast, but I consider that a blessing, because if I die in a game, I want to go out fighting, not stabbed to death with an instant-kill by something I have to be paying incredibly close attention to. I do wish they came up with something better than having De Rol Le move up alongside the raft and sit there. The only thing missing for that is big text, "BTW TEH ORNGE SPOT R MY WEEK POINT". Other than that, I kind of enjoy the randomosity in what it chooses to do, but there are times where we may spend a little too long, watching it fly there doing absolutely nothing.

It gets a little reminiscent of the chasing game that melee-oriented characters oft have to do during Omna fights.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ahkaskar on 2008-04-15 00:58 ]</font>

VetroDrago
Apr 15, 2008, 10:47 PM
This isn't even close. PSO De Rol Le was great. PSU version however, is garbage. I love how much of a pussy it is, just like Dimmagolous. I mean those two are big creatures, but they avoid you as if you were Chuck Norris. It's so funny though. We need more bosses that kick ass.

ErtaiClou
Apr 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
PSU De Rol Le doesn't really remind me of PSO. But it does look like it was taken out of Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2008, 12:31 AM
On 2008-04-15 00:54, Ahkaskar wrote:
The music in PSO caves was about as action-packed as water boiling.

You clearly have never seen a geyser before.
why am I posting this?

misstigress
Apr 16, 2008, 12:43 AM
From an artistic standpoint, I preferred the PSO version of De Rol Le by far; besides, the music was much better as well. The "new" version of this boss seems so monotonous in comparison.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: misstigress on 2008-04-15 22:47 ]</font>

Leah
Apr 16, 2008, 07:23 AM
pso: rafoie rafoie fafoie rafoie

psu: GAD DAMMIT WHO IS LAGGING. THIS IS TAKING FOREVER

Gen2000
Apr 16, 2008, 01:05 PM
PSU De Rol Le is one of the most boring boss fights in the game if you don't have the ability to use Twin Handgun/Rifles, even then he's still boring but at least he goes down much quicker. What really grind my gears is when he just hovers outside of even Rifle range for like 2 minutes.

Playing in parties where everyone steps on the button and just sits on it is annoying as hell too because they always push the raft against the walls then when De Rol hovers low on the other side for close-range combat time you barely do any damage to him because you spend 10 seconds trying to move the raft back over to him.

Ahkaskar
Apr 16, 2008, 03:37 PM
On 2008-04-15 22:31, Zorafim wrote:

On 2008-04-15 00:54, Ahkaskar wrote:
The music in PSO caves was about as action-packed as water boiling.

You clearly have never seen a geyser before.
why am I posting this?

Why no, I haven't. But since you invalidated my metaphor, this is clearly a cause to bicker and argue about, followed by the duel to the death at sundown, or something.

RemiusTA
Apr 16, 2008, 03:54 PM
On 2008-04-15 20:47, ryunokunshu wrote:
This isn't even close. PSO De Rol Le was great. PSU version however, is garbage. I love how much of a pussy it is, just like Dimmagolous. I mean those two are big creatures, but they avoid you as if you were Chuck Norris. It's so funny though. We need more bosses that kick ass.

I find the boss that gets fuckraped in 5 seconds the true pussy.

Aside from 6 Fighmasters spamming lv 50 JA'ed Jarbroken, i dont think there is a way to kill PSU De Rol Le in one round of attacking him.

Middle
Apr 16, 2008, 04:17 PM
I was disappointed when I fought him the first time. but I#m more disapointed about "De Rol Fals"

bp_shoruko
Apr 16, 2008, 06:35 PM
I have to say pso, I just like that one better for some reason.

RemiusTA
Apr 16, 2008, 09:16 PM
Man this sounds like the polls of people who ask which is the better game between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess...

Old was good, but the new is just sooo much better...

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
On 2008-04-16 13:37, Ahkaskar wrote:
Why no, I haven't. But since you invalidated my metaphor, this is clearly a cause to bicker and argue about, followed by the duel to the death at sundown, or something.

Rapiers or pistols?

On 2008-04-16 19:16, RemiusTA wrote:

Heh...

SonicTMP
Apr 16, 2008, 09:42 PM
On 2008-04-16 19:16, RemiusTA wrote:
Man this sounds like the polls of people who ask which is the better game between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess...

Comparing a single boss vs an entire game?

Ahkaskar
Apr 17, 2008, 12:26 AM
On 2008-04-16 19:22, Zorafim wrote:

On 2008-04-16 13:37, Ahkaskar wrote:

Rapiers or pistols?

Rapiers.

Nuclearranger
Apr 17, 2008, 12:28 AM
People somtimes remember the past in a better light than the things you currently do because your more burnt out on the current life.

But honestly I play both PSO and PSU they are both good bosses.

The difference is in PSU its one of the BEST and it has no reskin blabla

In PSO on the other hand you have... Vol opt, Gal Gryphon, Falz, Olga Flow, and all3 versions of episode 4's boss. That IMO were better.

Weeaboolits
Apr 17, 2008, 06:18 AM
The PSO De Rol Le stayed in handgun range, also it swam rather than flew, so we wouldn't have to mess around with the FPS view unless we so chose.

Also, moving the raft, while a neat idea, was horribly executed, it's too damn slow, especially since his barrages can knock you off the switches. It's very frustrating taking all that damage approaching him since ou can't step off that switch, and then he decides to fly off before you get into range.

I hope we can eventually get a Barba Ray battle that swims like it should.

De Rol Le is the second best boss in PSU at any rate.

-Chilly
Apr 17, 2008, 10:22 AM
PSO Rol >>>>>>>> PSU Rol.