PDA

View Full Version : maxing all classes

enoch
Apr 14, 2008, 01:01 PM
people complain alot about fortecher this...fighgunner that...., why not max them all? it seems easy enough with the difficulty level of this game

Atomic646
Apr 14, 2008, 01:02 PM
I don't see the problem with that.

Anduril
Apr 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
"Seems," but ultimately it is just more grinding away, so I personally don't find the idea appealing.

Kerry157
Apr 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
I think the reason people do not max all of the classes is because there aren't many people who actually like them all xD

RadiantLegend
Apr 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
I consider it a waste of time.

Tulio07
come MAG, it won't be that much of a grind

amtalx
I don't max them all because I only enjoy a couple of them.

Sha Sha
Apr 14, 2008, 01:07 PM
I only maxed basic classes so if i wanted to later i can try out all classes to see what i like better

AlMcFly
Apr 14, 2008, 01:09 PM
I will be maxing all classes on my main eventually. I figure that I'm doing the S rank mission anyway, might as well not be wasting the mp.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
My main only has fighgunner maxed, because that's what I prefer playing as.

Sometimes I like using techs, so my alternate is an AT.

THE JACKEL

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 01:21 PM
Agreeing with amtalx and Ragolismine on this one.
Also, if you maxed out everything to 15 and the basic ones to 10, I think it'd be pretty annoying to lvl all of them once again to 20 once we get the cap for the Types released, not to mention even higher caps haha I see people trying to waste time with lvling all classes to 50 or something including the new ones we will be getting aka Master-classes already. xD
But well, if you got no life and have WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME, it's an option to do. (or not)

enoch
Apr 14, 2008, 01:26 PM
lol I will ever max them all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but that doesnt mean I wont try. I love techs so right now im a fortecher...but I love spears and slicers and axes and ummm all melee weps.....and guns are awesome, but I also think traps are cool >.< idk wich one to choose!!!!!!!!!!1

Katrina
Apr 14, 2008, 02:16 PM
I don't know about maxing them all, but I'll definitely be trying them all at some point. I've been pleasently surprised with a few I didn't think i would like. I'm maxing the ones I like as i go.

Shinko
Apr 14, 2008, 02:26 PM
mmmm.... idk i may one day when i'm bored with my current type

Zarode
Apr 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
I have alts to make up for what Zarode doesn't have or what I want. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

and the only class I complain about is Wartecher. :v

Alizarin
Apr 14, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm maxing them all on my main, especially since most people will likely max out their initial class in the 50's-70's. The rest is a bunch of MP wasted so I figure why not? Quite a few of them play similarly enough in terms of weapon selection, so it's only a difference in stats that matter.

Besides, with so many people complaining how easy this game is, starting a new class can actually provide a little bit of a challenge, along with a bit of a fresh start. It kind of breaks the tedium a little, at least to me. Also, it doesn't take that much devotion to level a new class especially with some PAs, BAs or techs already leveled in addition to hitting the level cap.

drizzle
Apr 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
I have all except the gunner classes maxed.. and the only thing holding me back right now is bullet levels. Soooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow ;P

ghostmachine
Apr 14, 2008, 03:45 PM
i only have to classes left to max

Zorafim
Apr 14, 2008, 03:56 PM
PAs. Each class uses different ones. Even if you cap every PA on fortefighter, you still need to level bullets and doublesabers on fighgunner, or techs on wartecher. As it stands, it's easier to get job levels than PA levels, and you probably won't be able to play that job to its fullest even at job level 15.
At least, that's what's stopping me. I have fighgunner at 13, and I don't have any bullets besides handgun bullets past 10. What's the point of playing a gunner hybrid if I can't use guns well?

Kylie
Apr 14, 2008, 05:06 PM
If you like them all, max them all. If you don't, well...

Para
Apr 14, 2008, 05:18 PM
Imo... if I were to max out all my classes, its not because Im an elitist or bored out of my mind, it is more like I enjoy playing as that character and I rather play that character as any class I like than playing on a different character to play that specific class.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 14, 2008, 06:47 PM
Here's why I don't bother
1. Playing a weaker combo is crap.
2. I only enjoy Force/Ranger
3. Already have all 3 main fighting styles covered. ANA:Fighter, Nova:Gunner.
4. There's no reward in it. I don't go out of my for something without a reason to.
5. Photon Art leveling purposes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-04-14 16:59 ]</font>

Talise
Apr 14, 2008, 10:23 PM
I'd do it once/if I got all my PAs maxed and have nothing else to do...just because I like having everything in the game -_-.

McLaughlin
Apr 14, 2008, 10:57 PM
I know someone who maxes them all each time the cap is raised. I don't see why he does it, because he doesn't even play them right. If it's not a melee class, he just puts six Daggers on his palette and uses Buten all day long. He doesn't have any intention of playing them past capping them either.

I think it's pretty stupid.

Pandaling
Apr 14, 2008, 11:02 PM
I will max EEVVVVVEERRYTHING because it will look good on my sig http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

mario20061
Apr 15, 2008, 04:08 AM
max all the basic and 2 or 3 others but not all of them

hiraisho
Apr 15, 2008, 11:03 AM
after I get Vequi's level up a bit, I think I'll work on maxing multiple classes on Hira during MAG

enoch
Apr 15, 2008, 11:10 AM
I just started n.n"""""""""" I havae fortecher level3 and its my highest

Apone
Apr 15, 2008, 11:52 AM
My main has evrything maxed exept fortetecher (lvl4) its something to do but usually Ill just take advantage of FOI when it presents itself especially when your trying to clear the dreaded acro lvl 10. I dunno it doesnt bother me to do it mainly because it doesnt bother my friends when Im leveling a class. Plus you just gotta know when to look for the prime opportunities so it wont be a total drag like events and things. Also if its not your primary focus its actually pretty easy.

Sekani
Apr 15, 2008, 01:04 PM
This is how you can tell something is seriously wrong with this game.

There are far too many players who's goal is just to "max" things, whether it be classes, PA levels, or whatever, for the sole purpose of... having them maxed. That's it. Then they'll shelve those maxed classes and PAs never to use them again unless some kind of cap is raised.

The whole concept is stupid.

amtalx
Apr 15, 2008, 01:09 PM
On 2008-04-14 20:57, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I know someone who maxes them all each time the cap is raised. I don't see why he does it, because he doesn't even play them right. If it's not a melee class, he just puts six Daggers on his palette and uses Buten all day long. He doesn't have any intention of playing them past capping them either.

I think it's pretty stupid.

I know someone like this too. Why are you going to max every class when you suck at every single one of them?

Zorafim
Apr 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
On 2008-04-15 11:04, Sekani wrote:

There are far too many players who's goal is just to "max" things, whether it be classes, PA levels, or whatever, for the sole purpose of... having them maxed. That's it. Then they'll shelve those maxed classes and PAs never to use them again unless some kind of cap is raised.

Isn't this the premise behind every MMO? I've only ever seen people play to get stuff. Level a job, hunt equipment, help friends level jobs or hunt equipment, etc.

drizzle
Apr 15, 2008, 01:34 PM

The concept isn't stupid, you just don't understand it.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 15, 2008, 01:39 PM

I don't get what the point of an MMO is then...
The only purpose I can see is to max everything and get everything you want. That's the only reason MMO games even stay alive, is because they typically make something really rare to get, and when you finally get it, they give you a new thing to try and get. When you finally max something, they give you a new thing to max.

I mean you can say it's to play a game with your friends, but you could do that in other, cheaper ways as well.

THE JACKEL

Seority
Apr 15, 2008, 01:44 PM
YES. My beast shall rule as a capped fortetecher!!!
AAHAHHAHA!
Wait.....

panzer_unit
Apr 15, 2008, 01:48 PM
I stuck to a handful of jobs (PT, FF, FG) for a long time but started ranking up in new ones once I heard about the skill-leveling boost on the way... I'll love being able to grab a new skill and level it up semi-quickly to see if it comes in handy.

The only jobs I don't really see my cast doing are Acros (I don't care much for the weapons they get) and if I went FT it probably just be for power-leveling techs to use as WT.

WarTecher was a pleasant surprise even as a Cast, but GunTecher was mostly frustrating for me.

Yunfa
Apr 15, 2008, 01:49 PM
Maxing the classes are for OCD, then again I dont like it if i have a lets say lvl 4 FG at half bar, I'd take the time to make it at a lvl without a bar showing, or eventually just maxing it out. Now maxing ALL the classes, would be redundant.

Danny_Dark
Apr 15, 2008, 02:08 PM
I will be maxing all classes on my main eventually...

enoch
Apr 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
o.o its just somethng to do >.> the point of psu is looking stylish

Sekani
Apr 15, 2008, 05:16 PM
On 2008-04-15 11:12, Zorafim wrote:

Isn't this the premise behind every MMO? I've only ever seen people play to get stuff. Level a job, hunt equipment, help friends level jobs or hunt equipment, etc.

On 2008-04-15 11:39, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

I don't get what the point of an MMO is then...
The only purpose I can see is to max everything and get everything you want. That's the only reason MMO games even stay alive, is because they typically make something really rare to get, and when you finally get it, they give you a new thing to try and get. When you finally max something, they give you a new thing to max.

I mean you can say it's to play a game with your friends, but you could do that in other, cheaper ways as well.

THE JACKEL

What you're referring to is "the grind", and yes, that is a feature in more or less every MMO in existence. The difference here is that capping a level, skill, or whatever and then never using it again in any other online RPG would be completely unheard of. Not in PSU, where people cap everything they can because they have nothing better to do. No one sees a problem with this?

I guess what I'm saying is that PSU really needs some kind of "endgame" or anything that'll give people a reason to actually whip out those forgotten level 15 types and level 40 PAs. Not that it'll happen, but whatever.

On 2008-04-15 11:34, drizzle wrote:
The concept isn't stupid, you just don't understand it.

By default, anything I don't understand is stupid.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
well yeah basically

People max stuff, but in most other games you max it to actually use it. As it turns out in PSU, you don't need to be max to do everything. So everyone can change to any class and use level 1 PAs to beat anything and such. I max things, and then don't use it until I max the other things I like to use. Like Photon Arts, so many of them overlap, it's alright if I don't use one after I max it, because another one does the exact same thing just a different weapon.

THE JACKEL

bLOODSAW
Apr 15, 2008, 06:12 PM
Considering the MP rewards we have now, i really dont see it a big deal to max out all the classes. I did it and i dont regret doing it, because i tend to switch classes a lot (i dont like being one thing for TOO long... don't wanna burn out on a class o.o) and doing this means ill have good stats for that particular class. Besides, it means if i join parties late or i lag out, i dont feel like i'm losing out as much because at that point mp is irrelevant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 15, 2008, 06:40 PM
On 2008-04-15 16:12, bLOODSAW wrote:
Considering the MP rewards we have now, i really dont see it a big deal to max out all the classes. I did it and i dont regret doing it, because i tend to switch classes a lot (i dont like being one thing for TOO long... don't wanna burn out on a class o.o) and doing this means ill have good stats for that particular class. Besides, it means if i join parties late or i lag out, i dont feel like i'm losing out as much because at that point mp is irrelevant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

you just kinda contradicted yourself. You said because of all the MP, you figure you'd max all the classes. And because you did max them all out, MP is irrelevant so you don't care when you join. Well I have 2 characters, that play 1 class each. I didn't have to max every class before I didn't care about getting MP lol

just saying!

THE JACKEL

Talise
Apr 15, 2008, 06:53 PM
On 2008-04-15 16:03, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
well yeah basically

People max stuff, but in most other games you max it to actually use it. As it turns out in PSU, you don't need to be max to do everything. So everyone can change to any class and use level 1 PAs to beat anything and such. I max things, and then don't use it until I max the other things I like to use. Like Photon Arts, so many of them overlap, it's alright if I don't use one after I max it, because another one does the exact same thing just a different weapon.

THE JACKEL

What Jackel says.
It's like this...once you've already maxed out your class you start to get bored because your level and class are already maxed,...and you're just doing the same old S2 missions... so you change it up EVEN THOUGH the class you already maxed first is your main class, and stuffs. There's not much of a point of adding anything special neither because once you finish that you're back where you started.

panzer_unit
Apr 16, 2008, 09:37 AM
On 2008-04-15 15:16, Sekani wrote:
What you're referring to is "the grind", and yes, that is a feature in more or less every MMO in existence. The difference here is that capping a level, skill, or whatever and then never using it again in any other online RPG would be completely unheard of. Not in PSU, where people cap everything they can because they have nothing better to do. No one sees a problem with this?

I guess what I'm saying is that PSU really needs some kind of "endgame" or anything that'll give people a reason to actually whip out those forgotten level 15 types and level 40 PAs. Not that it'll happen, but whatever.

Woah, hold on. Lots of players in lots of MMO's will play through the grind again on alternate characters or "alts" ... sometimes people even take a break from fun endgame content to do the stuff their mains can't or play fun lowbie bits over again.

I dunno about other people but I use the jobs and skills I cap in "PSU: serious business" type missions... S-rank party missions etc. Actually, I haven't been playing those recently 'cause learning to play a few new jobs well is more fun at the moment.

Germie
Apr 16, 2008, 11:15 AM
On 2008-04-15 16:03, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
well yeah basically

THE JACKEL

I feel exactly the same way.. Only time I bust out one of my level 40 PA's is during a timed event.