PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm new weapons with me!

Elzam
Apr 14, 2008, 01:52 PM
Purely for fun.

Striking

Hammers - Swing and pound.

PA - Pound the ground, causing shockwaves to go out damaging nearby enemies.

Numchucks - Swings in an arc from left to right.

PA - Unsure

Ranged

Mines - Similar to traps, with one exception. They aren't remotely triggered. They only activate when an enemy comes near.

Different element 'Bullets'

enoch
Apr 14, 2008, 01:55 PM
laser goggles!

Elzam
Apr 14, 2008, 01:56 PM
On 2008-04-14 11:55, enoch wrote:
laser goggles!

Bah, the goggles do nothing.

amtalx
Apr 14, 2008, 01:57 PM
A Hammer of Dawn SUV attack for Casts. But instead of it just firing once, we could carry it around for a set amount of time.

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 01:57 PM
Ank Bico destroys the purpose of hammer-like weapons already, those numbchucks sound like some joke Twin Daggers and Traps going from your description about Mines would be still far more useful since you can trigger them at the exact moments you want to, being more efficient altogether.
Fun ideas, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anduril
Apr 14, 2008, 02:00 PM
Bit weapons (or Funnels, or Dragoons, or Fangs, whatever you want to call them). Basically like Range-MAGs that fly around the stage firing at things you lock on to, and they move around in erratic patterns that are actaully complex formations. Newman only, since they need heightened mental powers to control.

relentless
I'd prefer being able to use Dulk Fakis' uber Diga as Masterforce then, haha. xD

enoch
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif wings that let you fly around till your pp runs out. and you can dual wield! defeating the purpose of guns

Bolvyn
Apr 14, 2008, 02:14 PM
Summening wond.

enoch
Apr 14, 2008, 02:16 PM
O.o wouldnt gunblades for fighgunners be cool?

relentless
Apr 14, 2008, 02:21 PM
On 2008-04-14 12:16, enoch wrote:
O.o wouldnt gunblades for fighgunners be cool?

Sounds like Slicers to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I mean, it's melee, but you use it with range. xD

Dragwind
Apr 14, 2008, 04:08 PM
Magesword/saber/dagger. A weapon you or another force can power up or change the element/add se/ something.

RebhtheDark
Apr 14, 2008, 05:03 PM
Scythes.......I miss the Soul Eater ;.;

Criss
Apr 14, 2008, 05:25 PM
As a counterpart to knuckles, we could have boots! Instead of punching, you'd be throwing kicks and do some crazy backflips and stunts in the PAs. Plus you know that some glowy photon boots would be badass.

Apone
Apr 14, 2008, 05:35 PM
Photon chemical thrower plz.

RRBM
Apr 14, 2008, 05:37 PM
How about one handed maces?

http://www.weaponsemporium.com/WE-Studded-Mace.jpg
Something like that, but the spikes on it would be colored depending on the element.

I'd say make it an acrofighter only weapon because they pretty much only have chikki which is getting nerfed.

As for the PA, how about depending on what element it is, it does a SE of that element. Like PA level 1-10 would do level 1 SE, 11-20 would do level 2 SE, and 21-30 would do level 3 SE, after 30, only damage goes up. Make the damage and accuracy start at 70% and each level they both go up one percent.

Wow, I can't believe I wasted my time coming up with this >_<

AnimeBoy33
Apr 14, 2008, 05:41 PM
A SUV that sends out Rappys to charge into the Enemys

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AnimeBoy33 on 2008-04-14 17:09 ]</font>

TecherRamen
Apr 14, 2008, 05:50 PM
Photon YO YOs

Criss
Apr 14, 2008, 07:13 PM
On 2008-04-14 15:50, TecherRamen wrote:
Photon YO YOsI second this. ^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Criss on 2008-04-14 17:13 ]</font>

zxeros
Apr 14, 2008, 07:40 PM
On 2008-04-14 17:13, Criss wrote:

Third it lol

jcm5
Apr 14, 2008, 10:24 PM
a karate belt that lets u use ur legs and hands too fight. the different types of belts give u different attck styles like monkey or drunken or tiger and others

pikachief
Apr 14, 2008, 10:26 PM
Flame Throwers. They can SO do this!

They would be stationary, kinda like while shooting grenades continuously, and would shoot out dam spells!

it would be very easy to do and the gur bazga already looks like one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BFGfreak
Apr 14, 2008, 11:50 PM
miniguns

Zorafim
Apr 15, 2008, 01:32 AM
One handed spears (spartans yo), partisans, shields, twin slicers (The way they're meant to be used), hand axes, dual axes, saber/dagger weapon, and knightswords.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 15, 2008, 02:07 AM
Put the Gunblade. Yeah I know, veeerrryy original :/

Jainsea
Apr 15, 2008, 02:45 AM
Carriguine Reapers
PP: 410
ATT:255
ACC:400
13*
A set of twin daggers made from the arms
of a Carriguine.Its untold powers lays fury in mere seconds.
Specail effect: life steal lvl 1

I had trouble putting actaul pic on here so i just linked it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
pic--->
http://vincer.deviantart.com/art/Carriguine-Reapers-82875316

mvffin
Apr 15, 2008, 02:49 AM
Tomahawks: Sorta like twin handguns, but counts as melee, and comes with built-in element. Pa could throw a barrage of them, hitting multiple times and not penetrating.

Twin Doublesabers: Smaller than normal doublesabers, and basic attacks only hit two targets, do less damage, but swing much faster. PA would be a sideways tornado dance, kinda like Metaknight's tornado move, and knocks enemies up instead of blowing away.

Seeker: Gun version of NOS- techs. 2hand weapon. Higher bullet levels = bigger missile, and can hit more targets/penetrate/hit twice at higher levels. I guess it would be more like 2 handed cards, but with more flash and flair.

Dreamcatcher: Offhand OR Mainhand Tech weapon. Whenever you kill an enemy with your opposite hand weapon, it has a chance of being absorbed into the dreamcatcher. once absorbed, the enemy can be summoned and follows you around like an NPC, only its all one color, like light blueish or something. The stats of the Dreamcatcher determines the monsters HP and Offensive power. The * rating of the Dreamcatcher determines how long the creature stays summoned for. Once the summoned creature dies or its time expires, you must absorb another creature in order to summon again.

hiraisho
Apr 15, 2008, 09:22 AM
On 2008-04-14 15:03, RebhtheDark wrote:
Scythes.......I miss the Soul Eater ;.;

ditto ;.;

Okanoh does look somewhat scythe like but the whole flowers thing is just a turnoff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

enoch
Apr 15, 2008, 09:40 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif the force! does no damage but knockbacks enemies into oblivion. then I put in oblivion and kill them on that game and then they are dead >.>

Elzam
Apr 15, 2008, 09:44 AM
On 2008-04-14 17:40, zxeros wrote:

On 2008-04-14 17:13, Criss wrote:

Third it lol

Fourth it!

Fishing Rods - In addition to doing damage, would grab a far away enemy and pull it closer.

Atomic646
Apr 15, 2008, 10:42 AM
Flamer Thrower, Rocket Launcher, combo attacks, like if two beast have beast mode then they can do a combo together that looks cool. different beasts different combo's

TheFonz
Apr 15, 2008, 01:13 PM
Not so much a weapon idea, but a brand new class idea with new weapons specifically catering said class.

Fighknight (Basically a Paladin but I couldn't come up with a better name)

Overview:
Basically this class is your average Paladin class with a few modifications to fit the PSU world. This class is an expert at "Tanking" and dealing Melee damage as well as having the ability to use support spells such as Resta etc.

Special Abilities (Positive/negative)
* Can use Skills and Support TECHNICs
* Speed penalty when using Attacks and Skills
* Instant cast TECHNICS (when using Shields*)

Requirements
* Fortefighter LV10, Acrotecher LV10

Photon art caps
* Skills: LV40
* Bullets: x
* Attack TECHNICs: x
* Support TECHNICs: LV30

Weapon restrictions (S-rank only)
* Sword, Saber, Shield*, 1h Spear+, Knuckles

* Shields

* Slightly raises TP and DFP. Greatly increases EVP.
* Is able to equip TECHNICs and Shield Skills.
* Has two slots for TECHNICs and/or Skills.

This is a Fighknight exclusive weapon. The Shield is a 1h weapon, that goes on the left hand (similar to Madoogs/Shadoogs).

Exclusive PP System

The PP system for the Shield is different to any other weapon. PP cannot be refilled using a refill cube and the Shield's PP will always start at 0 when starting a new mission. PP will also revert back to 0 whenever the Fighknight goes back to a lobby/city.

The Shield gains PP whenever it successfully evades an enemy attack. Depending on the power of attack the Shield evades, the Shield may regain a large chunk of PP. This forces the Fighknight to engage in battle the majority of the time before they are able to cast any support TECHNICs.

The Shield will be the fastest TECHNIC weapon in the game, with the ability to instant cast TECHNICs. Due to its unique PP system, however, the Fighknight is unable to "spam" TECHNICs.

EDIT: All PP accumulated from evading attacks is universal to all Shields Equipped. This way, the Fighknight can change to another Shield and they won't have to start from "0" all over again.

Shield Skill

I can't think of a crazy name for this skill so lets just call it "Jimmy". When using Jimmy, the Shield glows a reddish colour. Both the Fighknight and any team mates nearby will receive a buff that reduces PP consumption for Skills/TECHNICs/Bullets by xx%. This is an active buff, so team mates will always need to be nearby. The buff duration and radius increase at lvls 11, 21, 31 and 41. The % of PP reduction increases every level.

+ 1h Spear

Ok I got an idea for this but I've been spending waaay too much time writing this and I gotta go! So if anyone wants to add to this idea (so its suited towards this "Fighknight") please go ahead!

To be continued

[...]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2008-04-15 11:17 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 15, 2008, 02:52 PM
A one handed spear would be a quick, powerful weapon that can't combo well and only hit in a line. Its PAs only get two hits max per attack.

Normal attack: Stab, spin clockwise and stabs with the butt, then continue the spin to slash with the spear to revert to the normal stance.

PA consist of quick stabs, and finish with a jumping spin to knock away enemies.

Inspiration from Nephenee (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WQ0MWYjTAhg), seen at 9:45

Shinko
Apr 15, 2008, 03:21 PM
Name - Crea Katana

Type - Saber
Rarity - 15*

Stats
PP. - 400
Att. - 1000
Acc. - 449

Description - An Ancient katana from unknown origins. It's abilities is unknown but it is said to have the power of an god.

Extra Info - Humans and Newmans can only use this weapon. Normal attacks with this weapon can hit two extra targets. No Photon Arts can be add to this weapon. It can't be grinded.

PA - This weapon have it's only pa ability. Shoot a wave of energy that penetrates though enemies.

PP usage - 50