PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is a stupid reason for quiting

AnimeBoy33
Apr 14, 2008, 05:48 PM
Well,my one of my friends,quited because he broke all of his A Rank weapons(I think good ones),and then after that he gave all of his stuff away,and quited

btw,it was in the Original PSU

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AnimeBoy33 on 2008-04-14 16:47 ]</font>

Candor
Apr 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
Perhaps, but doesn't it make for a good reason to come back now? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Noblewine
Apr 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
You shouldn't really quit because of that. It be dumb if you enjoy the game.

RedMussel
Apr 14, 2008, 06:09 PM
If he had S ranks and broke it i would understand.

Dragwind
Apr 14, 2008, 06:20 PM
Sounds like he couldn't take the PRESHA.

DoubleJG
Apr 14, 2008, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't quit because of that reason.

However, if he began to lose enjoyment in the game because of stupid nuisances such as weapon breaking, then no, it's not a dumb reason for him to quit. It's better that he quit before getting TOO pissed off and doing something drastic such as punch a hole in his wall over it. =P

AlphaMinotaux
Apr 14, 2008, 06:29 PM
More than anything it sounds from the brief description you gave that your friend had burned out on PSU completely and did not want to put up with it anymore.

Give him a break to do something else. After he's been away from the game for a while he will want to start playing again if he really enjoys the game.

Plus $10 is literally a meal and a half at a fast food joint. I can't wait for mag XD

AnimeBoy33
Apr 14, 2008, 06:40 PM
well,actually i had conversation with him yesterday,He says bad things about this game,made fun of me,also he was trying to dissuade me of playing PSU and quting,

F-Gattaca
Apr 14, 2008, 06:41 PM
Balthasar sort of left PSU for the same reason ... he burned himself out permanently with his "all or nothing" approach to weaponry. 50% 10/10, no exceptions. He spent tons of time and meseta pursuing this.

Honestly I don't think it's wise to push a game you enjoy to the point you can't enjoy it anymore ... even if it means you aren't decked out with the absolute best stuff, what's the point if you feel like you've wasted your life achieving that?

Kinako78
Apr 14, 2008, 06:47 PM
Well said, F-Gattaca

Packrat
Apr 14, 2008, 07:05 PM
Reminds me of WoW, where if you didn't have X-Y-Z epic sets on you, you weren't considered a serious threat or player for guild raids. I'd hate it if the game got to the point where not having 40%+ S-ranks is "bad".. :/

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 14, 2008, 07:08 PM
On 2008-04-14 16:09, RedMussel wrote:
If he had S ranks and broke it i would understand.

There were no S grinders on PSU before the expansion.

AnimeBoy33
Apr 14, 2008, 07:54 PM
also,he told me that Tenchu Z is the same,but way better.Is that true?

NPCMook
Apr 14, 2008, 08:26 PM
Tenchu Z is meh

Talise
Apr 14, 2008, 09:00 PM
Tenchu is an assassination game. If you play it like a fighting game, you're playing it wrong. Also, if you WERE to compare its fighting aspect, it would be more like soul calibur, in which case Tenchu Z definitely loses.

dc534
Apr 14, 2008, 09:59 PM
All I can say is I feel his pain, I broke my howrods back then and well that took near a month for me to recover after that loss. When things broke it was very difficult to replace them unlike how things are now, if something breaks you can probably go purchase another one that night after a couple of runs. I remeber that 30+ or greater buccanears were selling for like crack prices back then, and there were what like 4 of them, lol.

sheep
Apr 14, 2008, 10:24 PM
ITS QUIT NOT QUITED...end shouting

Jainsea
Apr 15, 2008, 02:21 AM
Yep thats a lame reason to quit, like ppl said before, sounds like he was at the point or past the point of being burnt out on this game.
Dont let him talk you into quiting, if you still like the game, find some enjoyment in it still then by all means still play. Dont listen to your friend, he's still probally holds his views on PSU being negative for him, and is just throwing it own you.
He should have just taken a break for a couple days/or week then come back, before he broke all his weapons. People tend to forget
these games are just for fun and take it too seroiusly when things go bad for them on here. We all have broke something really super
pre-Aoi but its just a game and we keep on going.

mvffin
Apr 15, 2008, 02:30 AM
On 2008-04-14 20:24, sheep wrote:
ITS QUIT NOT QUITED...end shouting

also, its QUITTING with 2T's. I swear 99% of people spell it wrong in their shop ads.(ntm if you're really quitting, all your items should be 1 meseta...)

Honey_Bot
Apr 15, 2008, 02:42 AM
as some one once told me "don't stay if you don't enjoy it" or something to that effect ^_^

soolayah
Apr 15, 2008, 05:00 AM
I never grinded anything if I didn't have a replacement for it pre AoI, so I find the grinding part more silly than the quitting part. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Wheatpenny
Apr 15, 2008, 09:08 AM
Honestly most of the people that quit, did because of the bitter taste the game left in our mouths at release, if half these people saw how things are now because of the expansion they would come back.... like I did.

Cracka_J
Apr 15, 2008, 10:07 AM
On 2008-04-14 16:41, F-Gattaca wrote:
Balthasar sort of left PSU for the same reason ... he burned himself out permanently with his "all or nothing" approach to weaponry. 50% 10/10, no exceptions. He spent tons of time and meseta pursuing this.

Honestly I don't think it's wise to push a game you enjoy to the point you can't enjoy it anymore ... even if it means you aren't decked out with the absolute best stuff, what's the point if you feel like you've wasted your life achieving that?

It's fine if you set your sights high, but like anything else, do it in moderation. I've set quite a few goals for myself in psu, imo it makes the game fun. But in no way do I intend on accomplishing my goals in a matter of hours, days, or weeks. If you set a time frame on something in real life, what tends to follow is stress, aggravation, and disappointment. Setting your self up for that in a game which is meant to be for fun/leisure is not healthy, and I can definitely see why people quit over that...same reason someone would quit a shitty job in real life - no enjoyment.

I try to set long term goals that may be considered high, but I still *think* I can meet them. I get a sense of fun out of trying to meet said goals, but if at any point I feel like I'm getting stressed or aggravated over a game, I usually stop playing for a bit. Psu is way to relaxed of a game for me to ever feel that way, but I have for periods of time stopped playing other more competitive games due to similar feelings. Pretty much my take on the subject is if you're not having fun with a game anymore, don't play it.

Atomic646
Apr 15, 2008, 10:19 AM
My friend was making a Psycho Wand and me and my other friend were joking about it breaking... then it did. He said he was going to quit, but never went through with it

Wheatpenny
Apr 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
On 2008-04-15 08:07, Cracka_J wrote:

On 2008-04-14 16:41, F-Gattaca wrote:

It's fine if you set your sights high, but like anything else, do it in moderation. I've set quite a few goals for myself in psu, imo it makes the game fun. But in no way do I intend on accomplishing my goals in a matter of hours, days, or weeks. If you set a time frame on something in real life, what tends to follow is stress, aggravation, and disappointment. Setting your self up for that in a game which is meant to be for fun/leisure is not healthy, and I can definitely see why people quit over that...same reason someone would quit a shitty job in real life - no enjoyment.

I try to set long term goals that may be considered high, but I still *think* I can meet them. I get a sense of fun out of trying to meet said goals, but if at any point I feel like I'm getting stressed or aggravated over a game, I usually stop playing for a bit. Psu is way to relaxed of a game for me to ever feel that way, but I have for periods of time stopped playing other more competitive games due to similar feelings. Pretty much my take on the subject is if you're not having fun with a game anymore, don't play it.

True that.

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
If you love your character then you would put him before your weapons and keep on playing.

But there are people who love their weapons more than their characters and that makes me sick because whats the point? this game is about meeting friends not being greedy.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 15, 2008, 11:31 AM
On 2008-04-15 09:16, Hucast-Kireek wrote:
If you love your character then you would put him before your weapons and keep on playing.

But there are people who love their weapons more than their characters and that makes me sick because whats the point? this game is about meeting friends not being greedy.

this game is about having fun. If you spent a long time gathering weapons and you lost them all, and therefore lost the fun in the game, then I don't see any reason to stay.

I know personally if I had to start completely over, I'd never return to this game. As such, I probably will be back for MAG for that month, because I still have all my stuff.

THE JACKEL

Kylie
Apr 15, 2008, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't quit for that reason, but perhaps the said person also quit for other reasons. Either way, it's his prerogative, so I'm not going to hate on him for it.

lvyhd
Apr 15, 2008, 11:54 AM
breakin weps happens sooner or later i've broke plenty but it makes you just farm it all over again or buy one i think in my opinion that is a stupid reason to quit.

Wheatpenny
Apr 15, 2008, 11:56 AM
This whole weapon breaking thing...kinda ironic seeing as now you can't break them only jack up the ammount it can be grinded by.

ashley50
Apr 15, 2008, 11:57 AM
yes...its stupid.

Cracka_J
Apr 15, 2008, 12:21 PM

I don't think playing a game to collect rare weapons/items really makes one greedy. It's how they get a "fun factor" out of the game, and if that's what makes them tick, then I'm all for it. It's when what you consider fun tuns into a "chore" that most people debate quitting, and I really can't argue with that. If a game isn't fun to you, go play something else...there are many good choices out there and PSO/U certainly isn't your only one.

For me, I still get a high entertainment value out of this game, and look forward to every chance I get to play. I have 4 characters, all of which offer a different playstyle, and all of which are fun to play. I guess the general variety of this game keeps me going, even when population dwindles for the community. I do have fun playing with the community, but I also have fun hunting things. Really I can't consider that greed...just different people have different ways of finding personal entertainment in games.

RemiusTA
Apr 15, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-04-14 15:48, AnimeBoy33 wrote:
Well,my one of my friends,quited because he broke all of his A Rank weapons(I think good ones),and then after that he gave all of his stuff away,and quited

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHA

thats why you dont be stupid and grind weapons you cant replace

Wheatpenny
Apr 15, 2008, 05:18 PM
On 2008-04-15 15:10, RemiusTA wrote:

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHA

thats why you dont be stupid and grind weapons you cant replace

Now we grind weapons without a fear of replace http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RemiusTA
Apr 15, 2008, 05:22 PM
Holla at cha boy

AOI GETZ MONEY

Talise
Apr 15, 2008, 06:58 PM
On 2008-04-15 10:21, Cracka_J wrote:

I don't think playing a game to collect rare weapons/items really makes one greedy. It's how they get a "fun factor" out of the game, and if that's what makes them tick, then I'm all for it. It's when what you consider fun tuns into a "chore" that most people debate quitting, and I really can't argue with that. If a game isn't fun to you, go play something else...there are many good choices out there and PSO/U certainly isn't your only one.

For me, I still get a high entertainment value out of this game, and look forward to every chance I get to play. I have 4 characters, all of which offer a different playstyle, and all of which are fun to play. I guess the general variety of this game keeps me going, even when population dwindles for the community. I do have fun playing with the community, but I also have fun hunting things. Really I can't consider that greed...just different people have different ways of finding personal entertainment in games.

You play to get items and money for items in the first place. Unless you're doing it for kicks, you're not gonna have fun playing a high lvl mission with lvl 1 weapons. Your items are just important to your character as your skills. If you were to lose all that stuff that you worked for, you'd feel as sad as your character being reset to lvl 1.

mizukage
Apr 15, 2008, 07:18 PM
That's definitely a good reason to quit the game..

Shinko
Apr 15, 2008, 08:44 PM
yea i do.... if ur going to quit, quit becuz of lack of things to do and low community

Talise
Apr 15, 2008, 08:46 PM
not really...it's your own fault if you go and break all your weapons yourself, not the game's fault...I only grinded mine once or twice back then and it was very safe.

RemiusTA
Apr 15, 2008, 10:03 PM
I didn't quit when i broke my Kan Yu after spending tons of money for the materials and staying up for 4 hours so i could sleep without the suspense, only to take out a mother FUCKING Par Walna

And a Kan Yu isnt an A rank either, so suck on that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-15 20:03 ]</font>

Talise
Apr 16, 2008, 03:29 AM
at least you're failing your item on AotI, and you got something(not that great but still...) out of it. This was during pre-aoti though, and failed grinds kill the weapon and failed synthesis produces nothing, and kan yu wasn't even out, so he probably had the highest rank items available.

desturel
Apr 16, 2008, 08:32 AM
On 2008-04-16 01:29, Talise wrote:
This was during pre-aoti though, and failed grinds kill the weapon and failed synthesis produces nothing, and kan yu wasn't even out, so he probably had the highest rank items available.

Pre-aoti, a failed synthesis produced monomates, dimates, trimates, star atomizers, sol atomizers, and scape dolls.

Kan-yu was also released pre-Aoti. Pre-Aoti I had Rikauteri and Gur Asted. Remember the S2 ranks of many of the missions (including Plains Overloard) were released back in July of last year. The drop rate was just horrible. I took from July to September of running Grove to get a Rikauteri. I got lucky with the Gur Asted. That's why there weren't a lot of weapons around.

Agito Repca, Tesbra, Blackheart, and all of those existed since True Darkness and Seed Awakening was released in September.

It's not that they didn't exist.

Talise
Apr 17, 2008, 12:03 AM
ya only very late was Kan yu released, which is what I was getting at, I doubt he stayed around to that time, and recovery items=nothing -_-

Mimo
Apr 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
why did he continue grinding if he knew he sucked? o_o lol

Bolvyn
Apr 17, 2008, 01:54 PM
Quieting because of braking all his weapons is dumb yes.

Illuminate
Apr 17, 2008, 02:01 PM
>.> I could hardly read that. *Head asplodes*

Dkzero23
Apr 17, 2008, 08:25 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AnimeBoy33 on 2008-04-14 16:47 ]</font>

lol he quited

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 19, 2008, 03:02 AM
I don't see this as a sole reason to quit, but it is a pretty sharp nail to step on and considering the sheer number of other nails he probably stepped on as well...

Crawdad
Apr 19, 2008, 03:29 AM
On 2008-04-14 17:05, Packrat wrote:
Reminds me of WoW, where if you didn't have X-Y-Z epic sets on you, you weren't considered a serious threat or player for guild raids. I'd hate it if the game got to the point where not having 40%+ S-ranks is "bad".. :/

PSU will never come to that because B and A rank weapons with 40-50% on them do more or less the same damage asn an S rank or should i say the difference is pretty much negligable, until we get in to the 13-15* S ranks, and by then Everyone will have pushed out the As And Bs and whipped in the Lower S ranks.