PDA

View Full Version : Changing Class opinions

thunder-ray
Apr 15, 2008, 10:31 AM
Ive been thinking about trying AT for awhile now and was wondering if its worth trying?

SabZero
Apr 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
It's not that expensive, with the increased meseta drops. Just do it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Cathbar
Apr 15, 2008, 11:30 AM
I'd say it depends on your play style and what kinds of PA's you'd like to be better at.

thunder-ray
Apr 15, 2008, 01:59 PM
I know it would be cool to be able to lvl my techs up twice as fast though. I Guess ill give it a try then, thanks for the reply guys =)

Shinko
Apr 15, 2008, 02:37 PM
im a at now. though i play different from most ppl. i most of the time use my spells as backup to my melee and gun weapons. and it work fine for me. i only have like 2 or 3 attack spells. most are support. (buffs debuffs resta) but hey isn't that what at is all about.

I think you should give it a try and find your style of play at

Ahkaskar
Apr 15, 2008, 02:54 PM
I don't think you really level up your techs twice as fast as it kinda depends on what you're using and how well you use it. Maybe if you used the gi-spells, since an AT can spam them to an impressive degree, especially if you get a Quick or Smart unit... On the other hand, Nosdiga still takes a while to level since you can't actually cast the Nos spells any faster and they sure don't MOVE any faster. The same goes for the Dam spells. Basically anything that is channeled still takes the same time.

Personally, I go with a setup oriented towards technics, usually leaning on things that shoot multiple projectiles or pbaoe. I have a complete buff set (level 21 buffs are so worth it, just try to get a buff party of 6 people and it shouldn't take too long) and I ignore debuffs since I'd be casting them more than actually fighting and I'd like to fight instead of spend every mission merely tagging, buffing and healing... I have a Vish Adac (it has stun effect, no matter the element) paired with my healing equipment, a melee weapon paired with a casting T-Mag and a pair of handguns for range.

Against most regular mobs, I'll concentrate on whipping the enemies to do my tiny bit of area damage, but also to stun anything I possibly can. Since I have the whip out already, it's very easy to Resta/Reverser any party members that need it. The whip is also wonderful against bosses with Visshi Grudda, as you hit at least 6 locations very quickly. Each individual hit might not be much, but in effect, it's kinda like having a slightly weaker Grenade Launcher that you have to be point-blank to use. Again, since I have my whip out during boss fights, I can Resta/Reverser anyone that needs it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ahkaskar on 2008-04-15 12:55 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 15, 2008, 02:54 PM
Depends if you like supportive hybrids class. Considering how poor non-rod techs are, you probably aren't going to do much damage, but have pretty good access to all attack types and your support is second to none.