PDA

View Full Version : Back to PSU, Couple Questions not in FAQs

Ragna_Divide
Apr 15, 2008, 04:58 PM
Hello, all. I played PSU for a couple months after it first released and was generally disappointed (particularly after a horrific bout of luck with detonating a lot of hard work on a lot of weapons on the first few grinds), but having read up on a lot of the changes and additions... I'm eager to start playing again.

I was wondering about a couple things, though. Are Newmans still completely unsuitable for Hunter-types? Is it okay to play without messing with crafting (something I'd like to get into again, but not for a while) and relying on the player market to just buy weapons and armor outright? Are PMs still "dumb" in the sense that you have to run up to enemies before they engage? And assuming a three or four hours of semi-dedicated levelling a day, roughly how long would it take someone to reach the new level cap?

I know a lot of things affect levelling, like whether someone's new or what type they're playing and all that. I'm just curious about a rough, ballpark estimate. I'd like to participate in MAG, but I dunno if I'll be even remotely high enough level to do that and get some of the nifty rewards.

Oh. One other thing. Can you buy eyepatches now? >_> I remember having one for my HUnewearl in PSO and I loved the look.

Thanks!

Syanaide
Apr 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
Newmans aren't completely unsuitable, but it's like playing a Cast Force. They can do it, it's just really awful and quite shunned.

You'll be ok without crafting, decent % A-ranks (36% and such) are fairly cheap. Just be prepared to hunt for boards to sell in order to afford non-shitty S ranks.

PM's are still dumb.

3-4 hours a day of leveling, probably a month and a week or two. If you start now, you'll hit cap before Max Attack G ends guaranteed.

Don't worry about being low level for MAG. More than half of my friends will be leveling alts, I know for a fact.

No eye patches that I know of..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Syanaide on 2008-04-15 15:09 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Apr 15, 2008, 05:09 PM
Well another returns much like myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah newmans will not have the best ATP of all the races but its not bad enough to where they can't melee.

The player economy is MUCH better than it was back then, I have been able to get A and S ranks for fairly reasonable rates, also ST buffed the ammt of meseta mobs drop and mission rewards. Post 70 leveling is slower than before I have noticed but not enough to make things horrendous.

And you can still participate in MAG because the events will have the level bracketed letter grades the other missions have. During mag is going to be a good time to level a main or level alts because of the massive eXP boost.

Dunnow about the eyepatches though.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 15, 2008, 05:10 PM
Any race is suitable for any class. There are units one can use to bring any weak class up to decent stats on par with the others.

Experience is easy, and since MAG is increased experience, I doubt it will really affect any rewards rates (its based on kills, not Rank on missions). Also, the badges will be upgradeable from bronze to gold, so C-rank missions aren't worthless.

There are new PM types, and most have decent AI, although bringing them close to battle is still the most effective way to get 'em started.

Sekani
Apr 15, 2008, 05:27 PM
Are Newmans still completely unsuitable for Hunter-types?As a newman fortefighter, you could still kill every non-flying enemy in the room by slamming your face against the controller/keyboard. Other races will only have to lightly breathe on the controller though. Make sure that difference is OK with you.

Is it okay to play without messing with crafting (something I'd like to get into again, but not for a while) and relying on the player market to just buy weapons and armor outright?It's actually more economical to do things this way, but don't expect to be able to easily afford the rarer items.

Are PMs still "dumb" in the sense that you have to run up to enemies before they engage? Yes.

And assuming a three or four hours of semi-dedicated levelling a day, roughly how long would it take someone to reach the new level cap?

I know a lot of things affect levelling, like whether someone's new or what type they're playing and all that. I'm just curious about a rough, ballpark estimate. I'd like to participate in MAG, but I dunno if I'll be even remotely high enough level to do that and get some of the nifty rewards.Two months, maybe? I've never been good at "dedicated leveling."

Oh. One other thing. Can you buy eyepatches now? >_> I remember having one for my HUnewearl in PSO and I loved the look.Yes, check the makeover shop.

Astarin
Apr 15, 2008, 07:58 PM
Regarding the eye patches, you've always been able to have them. One of the original "hat" styles for hair comes with an eye patch.

Ragna_Divide
Apr 15, 2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks all for the quick replies.

And yeah, I know there's the hat + eyepatch one, but I don't much like the look of the hat.

pikachief
Apr 15, 2008, 10:02 PM
lol at 3-4 hours a day u could probably hit lvl cap during MAG in a week XD