PDA

View Full Version : Mag leaderboards confirmed (possibly)

XCosmosX
Apr 15, 2008, 11:04 PM
``Each monster you kill will be counted, and the event is over when the player community kills 100 million monsters. Prizes go to the players who kill the most, and server wide unlocks are available as different milestones are reached´´

This most likely means there will be a player leaderboard, most likely the servers leaderboards will be together as well.

Source: http://www.massively.com/2008/04/15/maximum-attack-hits-phantasy-star-universe-on-april-25th/

Ryna
Apr 15, 2008, 11:14 PM
I received the following in a "Guardians Express" email several hours ago:

Like previous feature events, Maximum Attack G will feature waves of creatures with reduced health and increased experience and item rewards. Along with a set of server-wide rewards that all players must work together to achieve, we will also be counting how many creatures each player and their teammates dispatch and rewarding top players based on speed, luck, and their total creatures killed.

The first part of that massively.com quote seems to be off. The goal of the event seems to be to reach 100 million kills. I have my doubts about the event ending exactly when that number is reached.

CelestialBlade
Apr 15, 2008, 11:17 PM
Stay tuned for the Too Much Free Time Awards given only to the top 10 of the leaderboard!

XCosmosX
Apr 15, 2008, 11:18 PM
On 2008-04-15 21:14, Ryna wrote:
I received the following in a "Guardians Express" email several hours ago:

Like previous feature events, Maximum Attack G will feature waves of creatures with reduced health and increased experience and item rewards. Along with a set of server-wide rewards that all players must work together to achieve, we will also be counting how many creatures each player and their teammates dispatch and rewarding top players based on speed, luck, and their total creatures killed.

The first part of that massively.com quote seems to be off. The goal of the event seems to be to reach 100 million kills. I have my doubts about the event ending exactly when that number is reached.

Yes, i also have my doubts that then event will end at that present time.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 15, 2008, 11:43 PM
(-__-) F*&% Leader Boards....

pikachief
Apr 15, 2008, 11:56 PM
u guys act as if the spread needle isnt gonna come out later in the future again, when it is >.>

btw JP rewards were

SPEED:Little gold/silver/bronze medals that u could place in your room.

LUCK: Every time 100,000 enemies are killed, the party that made that 100,000th kill wins the bouquet saber.

TOTAL KILLS: Spread Needle/G (real version will be released in a later date)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2008-04-15 22:00 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Apr 15, 2008, 11:57 PM
Crap.

I guess it's time to call in sick to work alot and not sleep at all ; ;

Whatever the tier is to qualify for a prize is I just want to be in the bottom 10 of that lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reginaldo on 2008-04-15 21:59 ]</font>

unicorn
Apr 16, 2008, 12:05 AM
Everyone go Beast FF if you want to get a Spread Needle.

pikachief
Apr 16, 2008, 12:10 AM
i still seriously doubt it'll be that hard to get on.

theres like 1k people on 1 universe.

a whole half universe of people play around 10 hours a day?

lol all u people over exaggerate >.> oh well we'll see how it goes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*thinks of which of his 2 mains he should get to the top of the boards*

Retehi
Apr 16, 2008, 12:16 AM
Leaderboards killed peoples parents. True story.

AC9breaker
Apr 16, 2008, 12:36 AM
On 2008-04-15 22:16, Retehi wrote:

Those poor kids. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Turb0
Apr 16, 2008, 12:36 AM
So is this leaderboard going to consider a kill on an S rank mission as any better than one on a C rank mission? In other words, would spamming C missions be the best way to get on the leaderboard? And also, do we know how many people are going to be on the leaderboard yet?

pikachief
Apr 16, 2008, 12:51 AM
On 2008-04-15 22:36, Turb0 wrote:
So is this leaderboard going to consider a kill on an S rank mission as any better than one on a C rank mission? In other words, would spamming C missions be the best way to get on the leaderboard? And also, do we know how many people are going to be on the leaderboard yet?

no but your party's kills count as your as well, and the enemies have half health.

so you'll be doing S runs in a party as fast as C runs alone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol and u can get exp, badges, rares and MP! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 16, 2008, 01:34 AM
This seem very interesting....
Luckily my main character is a Beast FF
I think as long as i stay with the group i normally stay with, we should straight

I'm not really worrying much about the spread needle.. imean hey if i got one, i get one. if i dont....oh well

i just like playing events

CelestialBlade
Apr 16, 2008, 08:02 AM
On 2008-04-15 22:16, Retehi wrote:

Boosted unemployment and school dropout rates too.

May or may not have involved starving babies as well.

R2D6battlebot
Apr 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
To me, people bitching about leaderboards is the same as people bitching about PvP. It doesnt affect you at all, if you dont want to be on the leaderboards then dont pay any attention to it, nobody is missing out on your negative input. Personally, I dont like the idea of PvP in this game, but please notice that I dont go around bitching about it every chance I get, if we ever get something I dont like, I just wont do it, its that simple. Some people will like the idea of a leaderboard, some wont, the fact is nobody wants to hear you guys' negativity, so give it a rest.

Dirkster111
Apr 16, 2008, 09:02 AM
On 2008-04-16 06:46, R2D6battlebot wrote:
To me, people bitching about leaderboards is the same as people bitching about PvP. It doesnt affect you at all, if you dont want to be on the leaderboards then dont pay any attention to it, nobody is missing out on your negative input. Personally, I dont like the idea of PvP in this game, but please notice that I dont go around bitching about it every chance I get, if we ever get something I dont like, I just wont do it, its that simple. Some people will like the idea of a leaderboard, some wont, the fact is nobody wants to hear you guys' negativity, so give it a rest.

Some people are just naturally pissy, usually comes from a lack of sex. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AC9breaker
Apr 16, 2008, 09:25 AM
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Randomness
Apr 16, 2008, 09:37 AM
How many people does one star represent, anyways? (As an estimate of current population to compete with)

Then, as a side note, how many areas are unlocked at the start?

Golto
Apr 16, 2008, 09:51 AM
Lets hope 100 mill kill count is the last bonus unlockable amount but it looks like they didn't take in account how much smaller our active population is yet again. We might have about 60-70% the number of accounts but our active account number is so much lower than JPN pc/ps2's.

Arika
Apr 16, 2008, 10:08 AM
amount of spread needle reward is the tool to determine if the 100 mil goal will be succeed or not. Since I alway hear people talking about it all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2008-04-16 08:09 ]</font>

stukasa
Apr 16, 2008, 10:25 AM
As much as I'd like a Spread Needle/G, it's not worth killing myself over. I'm going to play normally with all three of my characters. If I make it on the leaderboard, great. If not, oh well. The /G version isn't really that great anyway. It grinds well but I wouldn't risk grinding a limited-time-only, special event prize weapon in the first place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

enoch
Apr 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
T.T does that mean the MAG attack will be over way too early/?

Golto
Apr 16, 2008, 10:34 AM
If 100 mill is the last reward goal then that would mean the average kill count for everyone would have to be around 50k kills. If it jumps to 400 mill like JPN pc/ps2 had, 200k each person is out of reach for us because our population has a lot more of causal PSU players. Remember they added rewards after JPN pc/ps2 players got to 100 mill rather quick.

amtalx
Apr 16, 2008, 10:39 AM
On 2008-04-16 08:25, stukasa wrote:
The /G version isn't really that great anyway. It grinds well but I wouldn't risk grinding a limited-time-only, special event prize weapon in the first place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'm going to grind one if I get it. There's no point in working really hard for a weapon so it can do less damage than what I already have. 200+ ATP on a Shotgun is just too sexy to pass up.

joefro
Apr 16, 2008, 10:51 AM
Does anyone else think 100mil is a little too low? Doesn't seem like much of a challenge to me. But then again, nothing in PSU is challenging.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joefro on 2008-04-16 08:53 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Apr 16, 2008, 11:08 AM
On 2008-04-15 22:10, pikachief wrote:

lol all u people over exaggerate >.> oh well we'll see how it goes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1. You aren't taking into account the huge majority of people who are coming back just for Max Attack. It's really stupid in my opinion for these idiots to do anyway. I mean, I know at least 20-30 people personally that quit playing a month or longer ago and are just waiting until Max Attack to come back. Why? You are going to get rewards that you will never use simply because right after the event is over, you'll quit and wait for the next event. Completely retarded in my opinion.

2. Yeah, it might not be hard for you to get on the board. How about everyone else who actually can't afford to not leave the house 24 7. I have a few friends that are logged in all day and all night. I am at work all day, then school, then gym. I have 1 hour on weekday nights to play. You people that are playing all day and all night without rest are going to set the bar so high that it is impossible for us to reach any of the individual rewards. Now, I'm not completely complaining because we need you guys to reach the 100 mil mark. I can pretty much kiss the individual leader rewards goodbye though.

On 2008-04-16 07:02, Dirkster111 wrote:

On 2008-04-16 06:46, R2D6battlebot wrote:

Some people are just naturally pissy, usually comes from a lack of sex. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Think about it. We aren't bitching because we don't want to be on it and it doesn't effect us. We are bitching because we DO want to be on it and it does effect us yet we will have absolutely no chance. I didn't see any negative posts about how a player doesn't want to be a part of the boards. The individual leader boards are just a way to reward those players that do nothing but play games all day and all night. If I could, I would, but I have over $1000 in bills to pay each month.

Give everyone that reaches a certain number of kills a Spread Needle, not just the top monster killer. Hell, you wouldn't be giving too many away consider PC is a 2 star population game.

P.S. I want the medal decos more than the Spread Needle, am I weird?

Ryudo
Apr 16, 2008, 11:14 AM
On 2008-04-15 22:05, super_luu wrote:

Funny, the #1 JP player was a female newman, #2 was a male newman

enoch
Apr 16, 2008, 11:14 AM
thats true...I have school work, then teh gym, leaving me with no time to play.

stukasa
Apr 16, 2008, 11:38 AM
On 2008-04-16 08:39, amtalx wrote:
I'm going to grind one if I get it. There's no point in working really hard for a weapon so it can do less damage than what I already have. 200+ ATP on a Shotgun is just too sexy to pass up.

Good luck to you, then! I'd be too scared to grind it past +3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Tsujikiri
Apr 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
On 2008-04-16 09:14, Ryudo wrote:

On 2008-04-15 22:05, super_luu wrote:

Funny, the #1 JP player was a female newman, #2 was a male newman

Go Newmans. FTW

oh well back on topic. I would like the leaderboards if i played alot. But I got a life to live.

Kylie
Apr 16, 2008, 12:28 PM
If I get ranked, it's by complete accident, and I'll be shocked. I have no interest in trying to get on a ranking list; they can't offer any prize to change that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I guess it's something new for the people that are into that sort of thing though, so 'bravo' in that sense.

Powder Keg
Apr 16, 2008, 12:30 PM
On 2008-04-15 21:17, Typheros wrote:
Stay tuned for the Too Much Free Time Awards given only to the top 10 of the leaderboard!

Tell me about it....I know there will be people out there who won't even stop to eat drink or take a piss.

Also, I've asked this before...but I didn't see any responses--does this mean running the mission on C rank would make more sense to gain kills? A lot of people won't do this though because they'd want exp etc...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-04-16 10:31 ]</font>

pikachief
Apr 16, 2008, 12:31 PM
On 2008-04-16 10:30, Artea wrote:

On 2008-04-15 21:17, Typheros wrote:

Tell me about it....I know there will be people out there who won't even stop to eat drink or take a piss.

i dont do that now and there isnt a leaderboard....

On 2008-04-16 10:28, Kylie wrote:
If I get ranked, it's by complete accident, and I'll be shocked. I have no interest in trying to get on a ranking list; they can't offer any prize to change that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I guess it's something new for the people that are into that sort of thing though, so 'bravo' in that sense.

i have a feeling u will be.

pfft i got on the list on the JP servers form playing 1-3 hours a day XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2008-04-16 10:32 ]</font>

pikachief
Apr 16, 2008, 12:35 PM
On 2008-04-16 09:08, McFlyVII wrote:

*Wrote a lot of pointless complaints*

i got on the JP leader board, which has 5 times our population, playing for 1-3 hours a day.

Kylie
Apr 16, 2008, 12:39 PM
XD I really doubt it. I do nothing more than I play when I'm online, unless someone asks me to do something and lights a fire under my ass. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I suppose I have an advantage because I'm on a less populated server, but I still say it isn't likely.

pikachief
Apr 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
On 2008-04-16 10:39, Kylie wrote:
XD I really doubt it. I do nothing more than I play when I'm online, unless someone asks me to do something and lights a fire under my ass. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I suppose I have an advantage because I'm on a less populated server, but I still say it isn't likely.

nah their most likely gonna be mixed.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 16, 2008, 12:43 PM
I'll probably be on the leaderboards. Especially if I don't have a job at the time... which it's looking like I won't.

THE JACKEL

pikachief
Apr 16, 2008, 12:44 PM
eeehh ok im done trying to tell people it wont be hard >.> lol i'll just wait it out

AlMcFly
Apr 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
On 2008-04-16 10:35, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-04-16 09:08, McFlyVII wrote:

*Wrote a lot of pointless complaints*

i got on the JP leader board, which has 5 times our population, playing for 1-3 hours a day.

Huh, there are about three explanations for that I guess.

Explanation #1:

The leader board list includes up to like 200 names. This, technically isn't a list for leaders then I guess since it is too big. Kind of like a 7th place trophy. Pssht, back in the non-feminine/unpampered days, 1st place got a trophy and everyone else got a "better luck next year". (Very possible.)

Explanation #2:

The Japanese, though having a large amount of registered players, hardly ever play this game on a whole. (Unlikely.)

Explanation #3:

You are lying right now about the amount of time you spent in-game per day. Either that or you averaged 3 hours a day simply because you didn't play at all on weekdays but played 48 hours straight on weekends, which threw off the average. (Most likely scenario.)

P.S. No point is useless as long as it makes sense and actually applies.

Kylie
Apr 16, 2008, 12:46 PM
If it isn't combined, each PS2 / PC player will have to kill a million monsters each! ;o

/sarcastic joke about the population

CelestialBlade
Apr 16, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'm moreso poking fun at the leaderboards than bitching about them. You addicts can have them, I'm going to sit far away and make fun of whoever happens to be at the top ^_^

In that light, viva la leaderboard! Free entertainment for all!

LuigiMario
Apr 16, 2008, 02:01 PM
On 2008-04-16 09:38, stukasa wrote:

Good luck to you, then! I'd be too scared to grind it past +3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Iria is that you?

Anduril
Apr 16, 2008, 02:05 PM
I doubt I'm going to get on the leader boards since I am planning on playing as all 4 of my characters. No reason to waste all that EXP on one character. Plus As long as we get the Sange I'm good with not getting any other special leaderboard only prizes.

-Tidus_415-
Apr 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
Going to Place top 50 in leaderboards >_> Maybe top 25 because pikachief is making it sound too easy. If it DOES become too easy ill get both of my characters on the leaderboards even tho I barely use my alt...alts suck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2008-04-16 12:11 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Apr 16, 2008, 02:17 PM
I don't believe reaching the quota will be hard, if you take into account how many monsters you would kill on average per mission. I say what I do, because those who hunt rares on occassion kill massive amounts of numbers. Those who've played since launch date (and still do), have more than likely killed a few times the amount. Plus, you have the past updates that have boosted classes, PA's, etc. Easy kills if anything.

As for hitting the leaderboards.. More than likely a few Beast fighters and Newman techers in my opinion, would place. I don't plan to place though. Spread Needle is nice and all, but I don't like shotguns much ^_^; Like McFly said, I'd rather have the medals =x

amtalx
Apr 16, 2008, 02:21 PM

The way I look at it, there are only three reasons why people care about keeping weapons x/10:

1. To maintain resale value. Cracked weapons go for less becasue they have less potential. This is only important if you see a situation in which you would be willing to give up the weapon.

2. Pride. A 5/5 does more damage than a 4/10, but the 5/5 just doesn't look as pretty.

3. To actually try and get it to 10/10, in which case you are going to grind it anway so you obviously aren't scared of breaking a few weapons, haha.

Since I will never sell or trade this weapon, 1 is off the board, and pride doesn't make me kill things faster so 2 is down as well. That leaves 3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'll probably do the same with my Love Inferno once I actually make it.

lvyhd
Apr 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
well i'd goin to enjoy seein everyone in my clan become the highest rank for this. I'm sure we can get this done no sweat L.G.K. is destined to be the best!!

Powder Keg
Apr 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
lol

there are still clans?

stukasa
Apr 16, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-04-16 12:01, LuigiMario wrote:
Iria is that you?
Who? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2008-04-16 12:21, amtalx wrote:
The way I look at it, there are only three reasons why people care about keeping weapons x/10:

1. To maintain resale value. Cracked weapons go for less becasue they have less potential. This is only important if you see a situation in which you would be willing to give up the weapon.

2. Pride. A 5/5 does more damage than a 4/10, but the 5/5 just doesn't look as pretty.

3. To actually try and get it to 10/10, in which case you are going to grind it anway so you obviously aren't scared of breaking a few weapons, haha.

Since I will never sell or trade this weapon, 1 is off the board, and pride doesn't make me kill things faster so 2 is down as well. That leaves 3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'll probably do the same with my Love Inferno once I actually make it.
All good points, I'm usually just too scared to push my luck because I'll end up frustrated if my luck goes sour.

Then again, isn't one of the MAG rewards a synth/grinding bonus? If so, there won't be a better time to try!

Soda
Apr 16, 2008, 03:14 PM
CRAP! I hope I Dont Get On That Leaderboard.Im not Goanna even Be trying but I do play alot so that sux

Anyways

Does Anyone Have a List Of Items of what we can get for trading in the gold badges? and the amount of how many for that item?

Is there a link where I can see this?

desturel
Apr 16, 2008, 03:14 PM

There's also this reason:

After getting the weapon to a high grind, say 8/10, you don't want to risk breaking it and not being able to get back to your previous high.

A friend of mine ground his Gudda Hon to 7/10. Went for 8/10... now he has a 4/4 Gudda Hon.

DreXxiN
Apr 16, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm disappointed in some people I thought were decently intelligent crying about leaderboards. "BAWW I WANT SOMETHING REALLY BAD BUT DONT WANT TO WORK FOR IT OR I CANT!!"

They make welfare lines for people like you.

If you don't want to spend enough time and effort to getting on the leaderboards, then you must not want the fucking spread Needle. "OMG GYM, GF, COLLEGE, SCHOOL, WORK" Is not an excuse. I have been playing since day 1 and haven't even reached 2000 non AFK hours, and I can do just fine, and I am SURE I'll be on those leaderboards.

If you don't want to participate in competiton, well that's how you enjoy the game, but if you are going to cry about it and how only no-lifes will get to the the top, well that just proves you are ignorant fucking idiots that need to grow up.

"GAWD I HATE HOW LIEK CORPORATE GUYZ MAKE LIKE A MILLION A YEAR AND I ROOF HOUSES AND MAKE LIKE 30K".

Well if you want the rewards, Work on it, otherwise, GTFO.

There's no reason that people that aren't even trying should get an event exclusive item, similarly to how non hardworking people luckily got 2 or 3 Love Infernos.
You want to laugh at people that are actually enjoying themselves, and trying to get the item? Well, they'll be laughing right back at you, my friends.

[/endvent]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-16 13:25 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Apr 16, 2008, 03:24 PM
Lol. Not grinding a weapon that you will never sell is pretty dumb. You cannot sell a Spread Needle in game, therefore it already has 0 monetary value. (The value of an item is determined by how much another person will pay to get said item.) So using a Spread Needle 4/4 no matter what is still better in battle than a Needle 0/10. What are you afraid of? You will never have to worry about getting full value from it lol.

Are you afraid of what people will think of you after seeing the grind? "What the hell noob, you grinded a Needle to 2/2?!? You really are a noobishly nooby noobster!" That doesn't happen, ever. If you are THAT worried about what people think of you, make an appointment with a therapist and work on your self-esteem. It doesn't matter what a few people think in a world this big.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 16, 2008, 03:25 PM
chillaura wrote this or something, idk:

More MAG information will be out soon...

But since most of you have already seen the event rewards from japan, 100 Million is the goal you are assigned by the GUARDIANS to unlock the secrets of the encrypted battle simulation. There will be additional rewards past that point.

-Chill

This probably means that the 100 million is for Program DF, which means Ruins is 50 million, which means roughly same prize set-up as JP event, just minus the real life prizes.

Oh, and since someone mentioned it, JP leaderboard for Sneedle/G was for the top 500.

Anduril
Apr 16, 2008, 03:27 PM
On 2008-04-16 13:25, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

chillaura wrote this or something, idk:

More MAG information will be out soon...

But since most of you have already seen the event rewards from japan, 100 Million is the goal you are assigned by the GUARDIANS to unlock the secrets of the encrypted battle simulation. There will be additional rewards past that point.

-Chill

This probably means that the 100 million is for Program DF, which means Ruins is 50 million, which means roughly same prize set-up as JP event, just minus the real life prizes.

Oh, and since someone mentioned it, JP leaderboard for Sneedle/G was for the top 500.

So I'm kinda fuzzy on the prize goals for the JPN version, did they reduce it for us (like they have done with the other events) or did they keep the goal points the same?

Soda
Apr 16, 2008, 03:27 PM

I agree.The only way you goanna see me with a broken weapon is in PVP where damage is suppose to be and when that comes out we are already goanna have 13* wepons and higher,so all these weapons broken dont look nice to me since there just 12* down.I would rather keep my non broken weapons to sell later on in the future to get those nice 13* weps and yes,they do look preety __/10 <--That ten is yummy

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 16, 2008, 03:31 PM
On 2008-04-16 13:27, Anduril wrote:
So I'm kinda fuzzy on the prize goals for the JPN version, did they reduce it for us (like they have done with the other events) or did they keep the goal points the same?

Kept it the same: http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/mag2007/

AlMcFly
Apr 16, 2008, 03:36 PM
On 2008-04-16 13:23, DreXxiN wrote:
I'm disappointed in some people I thought were decently intelligent crying about leaderboards. "BAWW I WANT SOMETHING REALLY BAD BUT DONT WANT TO WORK FOR IT OR I CANT!!"

They make welfare lines for people like you.

If you don't want to spend enough time and effort to getting on the leaderboards, then you must not want the fucking spread Needle. "OMG GYM, GF, COLLEGE, SCHOOL, WORK" Is not an excuse. I have been playing since day 1 and haven't even reached 2000 non AFK hours, and I can do just fine, and I am SURE I'll be on those leaderboards.

If you don't want to participate in competiton, well that's how you enjoy the game, but if you are going to cry about it and how only no-lifes will get to the the top, well that just proves you are ignorant fucking idiots that need to grow up.

"GAWD I HATE HOW LIEK CORPORATE GUYZ MAKE LIKE A MILLION A YEAR AND I ROOF HOUSES AND MAKE LIKE 30K".

Well if you want the rewards, Work on it, otherwise, GTFO.

There's no reason that people that aren't even trying should get an event exclusive item, similarly to how non hardworking people luckily got 2 or 3 Love Infernos.
You want to laugh at people that are actually enjoying themselves, and trying to get the item? Well, they'll be laughing right back at you, my friends.

[/endvent]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-16 13:25 ]</font>

Pssht wtf? Lol, is this what parents are teaching kids? That games are priority over real life? Didn't I see you on an episode of Jerry Springer? "I am a god on XBOX and my mother is my brother who is also my daughter because I am a god in a game!"

Way to make a comparison between making millions through hard work in corporate America and putting the extra work into a videogame to achieve a status higher than that of the average gamer.

It makes absolutely no sense, and the only thing you achieve is letting the forum know really just what age range you are in.

Welfare lines? Lol, I make too much money to qualify for welfare. In fact, I make 3 times more money than to qualify for welfare. The fact that I am stating my dislike for a feature in the game does not at all detract from my intelligence. Believe me, I won't be losing sleep over it. Come back when you are old enough to understand priorities child.

DreXxiN
Apr 16, 2008, 03:38 PM
Lol, I understand priorities. Did I not state how little game time I had? I'm just saying you don't have to be a "no life" to get on the leaderboards..People exxagerate things on here to the point where it's just freaking rediculous.

And of course, standard PSOW Ignorance, Age means everything! Age is as stupid as justifying by race on the internet.

'Come back once you hang around with some more white folk, boy!"

I'm doing fine in school and am GUARANTEED A job for the summer, and GUARANTEED to get into college this summer. I don't see what the fuss is about "being no lifes" correlating with "Successful" in PSU...lol

And the irony of it all is, I'm not even going to be TRYING for those leaderboards. I'm just playing casually since I have so much IRL stuff to do next month, but I just dislike when people whine about it and make illogical assumptions about it. So what if the #1 player played 1000 hours during the event? He enjoys the game, just like you do, and might just end up having more free time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-16 13:41 ]</font>

Soda
Apr 16, 2008, 03:41 PM
I like Pie

LuigiMario
Apr 16, 2008, 03:44 PM
On 2008-04-16 10:44, pikachief wrote:
eeehh ok im done trying to tell people it wont be hard >.> lol i'll just wait it out

It is gonna be hard for them GTAIV freaks, thats fo sure.

AlMcFly
Apr 16, 2008, 03:53 PM
On 2008-04-16 13:38, DreXxiN wrote:
Lol, I understand priorities. Did I not state how little game time I had? I'm just saying you don't have to be a "no life" to get on the leaderboards..People exxagerate things on here to the point where it's just freaking rediculous.

And of course, standard PSOW Ignorance, Age means everything! Age is as stupid as justifying by race on the internet.

'Come back once you hang around with some more white folk, boy!"

I'm doing fine in school and am GUARANTEED A job for the summer, and GUARANTEED to get into college this summer. I don't see what the fuss is about "being no lifes" correlating with "Successful" in PSU...lol

And the irony of it all is, I'm not even going to be TRYING for those leaderboards. I'm just playing casually since I have so much IRL stuff to do next month, but I just dislike when people whine about it and make illogical assumptions about it. So what if the #1 player played 1000 hours during the event? He enjoys the game, just like you do, and might just end up having more free time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-16 13:41 ]</font>

Lol, this is fun.

Yeah, I saw that you mentioned you had very little game time. Is that because you are too busy je*kin your lerk? ;P

Yes I refer to your age. You may be 35 years old in real life but I determine age by your writing style and word usage. Many 35 year olds have the mentality of a 10 year old.

It's not hard to get a job. The world always needs good janitors. Everybody is guaranteed to go to college. Community colleges accept anybody without background checks. Success is a matter of opinion. Your definition of success may be entirely different from the next man's. being top of the leader board DOES have a direct correlation with having no life considering no life is necessary to be top of board.

That's great that you aren't trying to get on the board. You are quite obviously trying to proclaim to the entire community how much you aren't going to be trying.

P.S. Are you just mad at me because your girl Seority wanted to join my team after she told you she'd join yours?

P.P.S. In case you haven't realized, I enjoy getting a rise out of people on this forum. Looks like I hooked a big on here! ;P

-Tidus_415-
Apr 16, 2008, 04:02 PM
On 2008-04-16 13:24, McFlyVII wrote:
You cannot sell a Spread Needle in game

!?!?

Can any JP players please confirm this?

DreXxiN
Apr 16, 2008, 04:04 PM
No, I'm not upset, and she's not joining your team, as she's informed me lol. And I could care less if she does. Does it matter if she does? Do you think this would really factor into having an effect in my life? Maybe the game is that serious to you buddy, not me lol.

Either way, there are many great gamers out there that live pretty decent lives. It's just a matter of how you "balance" things. Think of the top players right now, do you think they need no life? Take Seance for instance (The fellow with the 5 minute TD S2 solo).. Do you really think he'd need to play more than 2 hours a day playing at that speed to get anywhere on the top of the leaderboards? No, some people have prepared for this.

And if you are going by kills, it doesn't take a "no life" to do a bunch of C runs and nag that Spread Needle. as I said before, If you want the spread needle, you will get the spread needle. The community is not that large. This is not some Halo, Starcraft, or Counter-Strike tournament we are talking about here, in which people actually DO give their lives to be professional gamers.

I'm sorry to hear that you are very uncalm about this subject, but you didn't really "upset" me, and I say to make yourself not look like a brat on here, don't troll for no apparent reason. You shouldn't come here for the pleasure of "LOL I MADE HIM MAD". We could do without that in this community. *Wishes most of the old community was back*

So, who's the child? Are you going to keep flaming my opinions, my ideas, and myself, after I didn't even point fingers at you, rather generalize things?

"I MAKE 4 TIMES WHAT I NEED TO RECEIVE WELFARE"

Look who's flailing their Peen now.

If you have anything else to say to me, please do it through PM. You may want to look like a moron on the boards, but I'd rather not stray the topic off into a one-sided flame war.

Is that because you are too busy je*kin your lerk? ;P

Very mature, by the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-16 14:11 ]</font>

chicken105
Apr 16, 2008, 04:16 PM
I just wana be on the top 100 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Then ill be satisfied. Probably won't happen because of school, ect.

AlMcFly
Apr 16, 2008, 04:18 PM
Lol, i guess you were being calm the whole time. Sorry, capping your words in the original post and all the exclamation points at the ends of a lot of your sentences kind of threw me off ;P.

Seance, never heard of him. Then again, i don't spend my time on youtube looking at player videos either.

Welfare subject, not flaming my "peen". You brought up the fact that welfare lines are for people like myself. I was just defending the point that non-welfare line people complain just as much ;P.

I like exciting people who are quick to anger. It brings me enjoyment seeing you defend yourself with all of your might until you finally see that it was a complete waste of time, as was your original post complaining about complainers.

I am old community btw. We were just as much pricks 4-5 years ago as we are now lol. ;P

DreXxiN
Apr 16, 2008, 04:21 PM
Meh...what can I say, we are on an online forums...What more time can you waste xD

JC10001
Apr 16, 2008, 04:24 PM
There's no way I'm waiting until God knows when for the real Spread Needle to come out. Even if it comes out tomorrow in Japan that still means its a good 3-4 months away for us and there has been no indication that they are getting it any time soon.

AlMcFly
Apr 16, 2008, 04:30 PM
We assume the Needle is untradeable because of it's "/G" extension. The only weapons that share that extension are the casino weapons, which are untradeable.

Golto
Apr 16, 2008, 04:30 PM
I hope we get a few extra weeks then if they kept the same kill count total requirements or no grinding success bonus and Sange for us. The JPN only got 433 mill and they have almost 5x the amount of active players than we have combined.

RadiantLegend
Apr 16, 2008, 05:05 PM
No grinding bonus = 0/0 weapons for me

Turb0
Apr 16, 2008, 07:06 PM
Can anyone who plays on the JP servers confirm whether or not the Spread Needle/G can be sold/traded, etc.?

shade
Apr 16, 2008, 08:33 PM
Don't worry, if you want you will trade this item without any problems:
http://images3.hiboox.com/images/1608/cvtn5enx.png
It's an old screen-shot took when Spread Needle/G has released.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _shade_ on 2008-04-16 20:07 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Apr 16, 2008, 10:27 PM
On 2008-04-16 14:30, McFlyVII wrote:
We assume the Needle is untradeable because of it's "/G" extension. The only weapons that share that extension are the casino weapons, which are untradeable.

Speak for yourself. Or do you have multiple personalities? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Alamar
Apr 16, 2008, 11:36 PM
LOL, leaderboard looks like the haxors are out! LOL

AlMcFly
Apr 17, 2008, 09:53 AM
On 2008-04-16 20:27, beatrixkiddo wrote:

On 2008-04-16 14:30, McFlyVII wrote:

Speak for yourself. Or do you have multiple personalities? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I stand corrected. Last I heard on this forum, they were believed to be untradeable.

P.S. Haha, that totally blows my entire argument about worth out of the water. I am now scared to grind the thing.

Edit: P.S.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-17 08:01 ]</font>

amtalx
Apr 17, 2008, 10:17 AM
Grind it anyway. There are going to be way more Spread Needles than Love Infernos and people were grinding those. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rayokarna
Apr 17, 2008, 10:29 AM
Even if I dont have the time, Im going for top spot. But I have to agree with the above tho, why laugh at the people who have 'no lives' but yet people complain about having easy drops when they put in the hard work and dont get anything.

Powder Keg
Apr 17, 2008, 10:29 AM
Leaderboard question.....does it count towards only one of your characters, or towards the account?

stukasa
Apr 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
On 2008-04-17 08:29, Artea wrote:
Leaderboard question.....does it count towards only one of your characters, or towards the account?

AFAIK it's per character, not per account. :s

You can have more than one character on the leaderboard at a time. Supposedly.

enoch
Apr 17, 2008, 10:48 AM
awww >.< need my pso weps or Im gonna cry....