PDA

View Full Version : What if...

Weeaboolits
Apr 16, 2008, 12:35 AM
You could grind armor.

Thinking about it, the idea seems rather intriguing.

It'd be like weapon grinding, but with defensive numbers rather than offensive, of course.

VanHalen
Apr 16, 2008, 12:37 AM
It could make defensive values a bit more effective than elemental %s.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 16, 2008, 12:38 AM
It would make more sense to have Add slot again

THE JACKEL

pikachief
Apr 16, 2008, 12:53 AM
they need an armor with no head slot but 2 arm slots. no body slot and 2 extra slots.

imagine, some mixed armors , oh i'd l;ove 2 arm slots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 16, 2008, 01:12 AM
On 2008-04-15 22:53, pikachief wrote:
they need an armor with no head slot but 2 arm slots. no body slot and 2 extra slots.

imagine, some mixed armors , oh i'd l;ove 2 arm slots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lol imagine Grom attacker n sturm attacker

Crazy Combo XD

lol but if it was like that, i would have Grom Attacker and a HP Restore.

Another crazy thought Black heart n aura field (when it comes out)

Freshellent
Apr 16, 2008, 01:17 AM
Think this was mentioned before. It'd be something,but I imagine that armor would have to actually break for it to be special. Line Shields seem kinda fuzzy to work with in the first place.

Maybe the stats would be more erratic? Like fine tuning,sometimes evasion would go down with a grind,other times the defense would shoot way up. Things like that.

Weeaboolits
Apr 16, 2008, 01:27 AM
I was thinking an identical system to weapons. Break and it resets.

The semi-random stats sounds interesting though, I liked that in PSO, I could replace my armor... With the same armor! Yet it would be an improvement, badass.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 16, 2008, 01:28 AM
However... add slot like ljkkjlcm9
would be a nice come back like how pso was

R2D6battlebot
Apr 16, 2008, 08:50 AM
Addslot would be too broken in this game, in PSO it was a totally different system, just imagine if you could add a couple slots to De Colte Line, it would be insane, wouldnt matter if its neutral, youd be totally invincible to status effects, it would be the perfect armor for any class with high HP and Defense.

Mr_Confused
Apr 16, 2008, 09:02 AM
On 2008-04-16 06:50, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Addslot would be too broken in this game, in PSO it was a totally different system, just imagine if you could add a couple slots to De Colte Line, it would be insane, wouldnt matter if its neutral, youd be totally invincible to status effects, it would be the perfect armor for any class with high HP and Defense.

OMG beast fortefighter would get EVEN BETTER! 0.o o.0

rogue_robot
Apr 16, 2008, 09:27 AM
Well, "broken" is assuming they allowed you to go past 4 slots (I may not remember this correctly, but I don't believe PSO allowed that).

If they restricted it to just 4 slots (such that to get the second extra / arm / whatever slot, you'd have to give up one of the other slot types entirely), it wouldn't be too broken.

And even if not that - even if still limiting armor to one of each slot type - just the ability to add the slots that a certain armor is missing would be nice.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 16, 2008, 09:54 AM
On 2008-04-16 07:27, rogue_robot wrote:
Well, "broken" is assuming they allowed you to go past 4 slots (I may not remember this correctly, but I don't believe PSO allowed that).

If they restricted it to just 4 slots (such that to get the second extra / arm / whatever slot, you'd have to give up one of the other slot types entirely), it wouldn't be too broken.

And even if not that - even if still limiting armor to one of each slot type - just the ability to add the slots that a certain armor is missing would be nice.

Having two arm slots would be broken IMO, having a bullet / save and a solid power on at the same time as a fortegunner/mastergunner would be even faster killing. Two extra slots kinda broken especially if it was two SUV's, if they ever allowed us that it should be used for SUV/heal unit or aura for even more endurance.....two volleys of Grom/Strum would be overkill

Wheatpenny
Apr 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
I would add 4 arm slots.....

stukasa
Apr 16, 2008, 10:30 AM
Before AoI no one would have done this (imagine breaking a 50% armor pre-AoI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif ). Right now it doesn't sound like such a bad idea, but do we really need to be any stronger than we already are? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amtalx
Apr 16, 2008, 10:35 AM
I think Armor is fine the way it is. Could use some more nifty effects and whatnot though. Hopefully that will come with more high level Armor.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 16, 2008, 10:38 AM
On 2008-04-16 08:35, amtalx wrote:
I think Armor is fine the way it is. Could use some more nifty effects and whatnot though. Hopefully that will come with more high level Armor.

or at least change some of the blocking animations, tired of seeing the same wave effect for 90% of the armors out there

Kylie
Apr 16, 2008, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't grind it - just like I don't grind weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Well, maybe if the game got harder first.

Hiroko
Apr 16, 2008, 05:12 PM
I agree, some armor effect would be nice...I still think they need a few more racial or type exclusive armors. Esp. for a Focast. TP/MST +500 Mwahahaha...

Apone
Apr 16, 2008, 05:49 PM
More elemental defense, maybe 2 different elements but there would be a synth penalty of like -20% if you try it.. It would help save inventory space :/

Jainsea
Apr 16, 2008, 05:55 PM
intersting idea I can imagine instead of it being like weapons 0/10 it can be 0/5 since imo, most armor being harder to replace. Then on each grind you can see a real differnce in a certain stat. As a nice bonus since I see armor being hard to get to this 5/5 maybe it can evolve to its Final form with some pretty nice stats once at 5/5. Maybe just for A and S rank armor, anything below will just increase in stats. Hmm, or maybe if u get to
5/5 you can open up a slot the armor doenst have atm and if it has 4 slot already its stats will be just adjusted but nicely http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So 5/5 will
be very rare and good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif guess the difficulty will have to be adjusted
since its +5 instead of +10 or what not. Ok now I'm rambling....
*goes to find a [b] cookie*

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 16, 2008, 06:00 PM
Ummmm in pso i believe when you had an add slot all it did was give you the slot that the armor didnt normally have... For example.... If you had an armor that only had Body and Extra, you can use the add slot to either add Arm or Head. I dont believe you could have 2 arm slot... You only have 4 slots anyway...so if they did like the other person was talking about with that one armor someone was talking about earlier, there would have to be some restriction. Like Rank can only add so many slots. Like say that S ranks can only add 1 slot....something like that

haruna
Apr 16, 2008, 06:01 PM
I want my AddSlot back. Thanks. ;P

AlMcFly
Apr 16, 2008, 06:07 PM
What I want is a visible manifestation on your character for whatever line shield you are using. Examples: Tripolic Shield, Kasami Bracer, STANDSTILL SHIELD, Rupika, Yata Mirror.

There was not much in PSO that was cooler than seeing a badass shield on your arm.

P.S. Maybe since the "line shields" are the "armors" of PSU, visible shields can be put into the shield as an "arm unit" or something.

Edit: Added P.S.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-16 16:09 ]</font>

Phoenix148
Apr 16, 2008, 09:11 PM
hmm, could you imagine using 4 ascension gifts, having something drop from the front, back, left and right. imagine buffing a boss 4 times! or 4 big rappies! all joking aside, i would just like to trade in the head slot for another extra slot so i can use my suv and a aura/healing item. beast are lucky with their racial ability being a tatoo, but i would rather interchange suvs on the fly than go to the makeover shop every time i want to change...

PALRAPPYS
Apr 16, 2008, 09:18 PM
On 2008-04-16 16:00, Charger89 wrote:
Ummmm in pso i believe when you had an add slot all it did was give you the slot that the armor didnt normally have... For example.... If you had an armor that only had Body and Extra, you can use the add slot to either add Arm or Head. I dont believe you could have 2 arm slot... You only have 4 slots anyway...so if they did like the other person was talking about with that one armor someone was talking about earlier, there would have to be some restriction. Like Rank can only add so many slots. Like say that S ranks can only add 1 slot....something like that

PSO didn't have those slots. It was Slot # = 1,2,3, or 4. And then you can buff yourself up with as many of a unit as you want. 4 God / Powers? They boosted by 50 I think, so +200 ATP you could get.