PDA

View Full Version : Want to makes the protranser.

Wheatpenny
Apr 17, 2008, 10:04 AM
Hey guys I am considering making my cast, King in Yellow, into a protranser. Now if I remember correctly the class statwise starts slow but as you get to level 10 in it it begins to take off.

I was wanting to know if meleeing as the clas is feasable or if I should go ranged.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 17, 2008, 10:08 AM
I just capped PT on my main, and I think it's best to go with a balance of both. Axe, knuckle, and spear PAs for mobs, grenades for bosses and larger enemies, bows or handguns for flying stuff, and lasers for those close-knit mobs.

pikachief
Apr 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
gunsliger i banish u from PSU for not using a shotgun! lol

Zero-Sensei
Apr 17, 2008, 10:14 AM
I believe that if you want to go for the class, then go for it! Don't let others decide the fate of which class you chose. ^-^ Correct though. The class does start out a bit low and then picks up. You may have fun! Give it a shot!

Wheatpenny
Apr 17, 2008, 10:16 AM
Ok ty for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

chu-chu-chu
Apr 17, 2008, 10:18 AM
fun thing about being a protranser is that you can play it any way you like and it will be fine.

personally, i focus not so much on damage but control, using knockdowns, knockups, traps, and SE's. it's fun, especially when you are not totally overpowered compared to the monsters, so strategy can make a difference.

biggabertha
Apr 17, 2008, 10:21 AM
I just tried a Fortegunner human and damn I feel like a powerhouse after spending nearly a year and a half just being a human Protranser.

If you want killing power, go as a Fortegunner or a Fortefighter. If you want to be the team's support bitch member, be a Protranser.

Cracka_J
Apr 17, 2008, 10:47 AM
On 2008-04-17 08:18, chu-chu-chu wrote:
fun thing about being a protranser is that you can play it any way you like and it will be fine.

Pretty much. The class offers such a wide variety that you can play it however you like.

I've heard a few complaints people have about some PT's, mainly that some are too cheap to cough up the cash for traps. Really, the EX traps are hands down the best weapon a PT has at their disposal, and you should play around with them and try to figure out ways of implementing them into your gameplay.

I've even ran across a few PT's that didn't like the class, so trying to change their minds, I fronted the bill on their EX traps when I was not on my PT to try and help them. Needless to say, it changed a few point of views.

Anyway, here's some basic pointers of what you can *possibly* do with a palette, how you end up playing the class is entirely up to you tho, however I would highly recommend making traps a big part of your game.

Melee
-Spear, Majarra (good all around close/distance)
-Axe, Redda/Jabroga (still does good damage as a pt, even better with a SPS/Cati Power on)
-Fists, robado (good close)
-Swords, any pa (strong close, all sword pa's are decent, grav being the strongest, but slowest to lvl)

Ranged
-Bow (pretty much the PT's rifle)
-Shotty (your mid-range & close PT bread/butter)
-Laser (close/distance quick grouped enemy fire)
-Grenade (distance big enemy/group damage...easier targeting then jabroga)

I usually at least have one of all those in my inventory when playing pt. Swap/alternate quite a bit in my palette depending on the situation, but you get the idea.

Wheatpenny
Apr 17, 2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah sounds fun, I have seen firsthand the power of EX traps i would have no prob springing for those.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 17, 2008, 10:56 AM
On 2008-04-17 08:13, pikachief wrote:
gunsliger i banish u from PSU for not using a shotgun! lol

I KNEW I'D FORGOTTEN SOMETHING!

panzer_unit
Apr 17, 2008, 11:06 AM
I think in the long run... like capped and looking at lv40 skills, Shotgun and Laser are PT's power weapons rather than melee. My shotgun already racks up per-shot damage like hits from Dugrega or Spinning Strike with the weapons I've got.

The pointy stuff will always be useful though... enemies requiring crowd control, wiping out shield-buffed guys, and putting the boots to bullet-resistant monsters.

EX traps are pure win, regardless if you're on a team or flying solo (see: Anga Jabroga)

Weeaboolits
Apr 17, 2008, 11:20 AM
I'd recommend using ranged until you get a few levels, you can melee once you have the stats to survive at that range.

Sol_B4dguy
Apr 17, 2008, 11:50 AM
I agree with Ronin, here. Stick to ranged for a few job levels and use melee more for GTFO purposes on mobs. Once you get what you think is reasonable ATP and HP, start trying melee again.

biggabertha
Apr 17, 2008, 11:53 AM
Oops, misread the original question, made myself look like a Protranser basher despite being one.

Ehh.... Anyway, melee's nice for being lazy, for feeling cool and for knocking things around but don't really deal that much damage.

Ranged is nice for laying down a spray bullets on enemies but for most casual players, they take far too long to level - until the 25th of April anyway. (Besides, you only really need them at Lv. 21 to benefit from the accuracy, after that's just a bit more punch.)

Traps cost money but it's not like it really drains your bank. I keep going from one mindset to another about this, using them sparingly or using them explosively is entirely up to you. I just use EX traps on high HP enemies or creatures that spawn in fives now. Not quite sure if using a Laser Cannon would be faster at that point but if your party's crashing down on the enemies like a tsunami wave, the trap's probably better.

Meh... Really getting tired of trying to sell this class out to people and only see them go Fighgunner at a later date because of "MASH MUH PA BUTTON"

Rayokarna
Apr 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
Personally, I try to play without EX traps for the simple fact I would rather last the whole mission without restocking. I tend to drift more towards the G Traps than the EX. My confusion/burn G trap combo normally deals with any bullet/Tech spamming mobs. Never underestimate the power of a G Trap.

As in major combat wise, I say the Laser Cannon is the strongest weapon for the class. Once the boost for them comes through, they would be the main damage dealing weapon of the class. I tend to stay clear of Jabroga, PT's ATP and DFP makes me find it extreamly hard to use(Grenades are so much better for what Jabroga can do, and keeps you out of harms way).

In terms of DPS, that isn't PT's game. DOT is what ur looking for. PT's make extremly short work of any large enemies that are bullet/melee resistant with damaging status effects. Axes are used for medium/small enemies that are on their own. Dugrega is a must for a PT and Redda is used if you need alot of power in a short space of time.

Spears + Majarra = job done for small mobs.

Shotguns for massive Ranged damage to melee resistant enemies. Your pumping out the damages while applying extra SE which is always handy.

Saber and Handgun is a must, no questions asked.

People have doubts about the Bow, but is one of PT tools that are extremly useful in almost all situations of SE applying. Basicly, if you run out of traps, turn to the Bow. The are both undenialably sexy looking and powerful, and also ignore defence. Bring one at all times.

Knuckles + Robado = Majarra on one enemy(Add a Gudda Skela to that then they have no escape)

Grenades speak for themselves.

Other than that, leave the rest up to your imgination.

Kylie
Apr 17, 2008, 12:26 PM
I didn't use any range (well, other than shotguns), and it turned out fine. I think it's a combination of both styles though. I don't think it matters which you start out with since MP is way easy to get. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BFGfreak
Apr 17, 2008, 12:29 PM
On 2008-04-17 10:22, Rayokarna wrote:
Never underestimate the power of a G Trap.
QFT. There are still several status effects you cannot get from ex traps. Damage traps flip things in the air allowing you to set a virus trap, followed by a Freeze EX. In short, you can have fun with traps, but remember, they do cost you, so use them situationally.

Miyuki
Apr 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
On 2008-04-17 10:22, Rayokarna wrote:
Personally, I try to play without EX traps for the simple fact I would rather last the whole mission without restocking. I tend to drift more towards the G Traps than the EX. My confusion/burn G trap combo normally deals with any bullet/Tech spamming mobs. Never underestimate the power of a G Trap.

But you can carry more EX traps that G traps (10 vs 5). Think EX traps fill your SUV meter too if you're playing a cast. EX traps are only marginally more expensive and have larger radius than their G counterparts.

Sol_B4dguy
Apr 17, 2008, 12:46 PM
EX traps do fill the SUV meter rather quickly if used against the larger mobs / enemies with many hitboxes. Frankly, though, so does melee and shotgunning.

DEM_CIG
Apr 17, 2008, 01:26 PM
PT + Bow + Spear = FTW!!!!

Protranser is my favorite class, since it is the most vestile class in the game, there are numeruos ways to play it. I usually stick with my bow for long range and go with my spear for short range.

SonicTMP
Apr 17, 2008, 01:32 PM
Condicering they made Traps usable by all classes to a certian level they should of simply given Protranser refillable traps for PP costs or charges. Sorta like how casts had them back in PSO, they could go to the medbay to refill as needed.

Bolvyn
Apr 17, 2008, 02:01 PM
On 2008-04-17 08:04, Wheatpenny wrote:
Hey guys I am considering making my cast, King in Yellow, into a protranser. Now if I remember correctly the class statwise starts slow but as you get to level 10 in it it begins to take off.

I was wanting to know if meleeing as the clas is feasable or if I should go ranged.

Axes/Bow's and knuckles all the way. That is what I used on my protranser. I hit with my bow lv 30+ 900+ on my axe over 4000. for speed atack my knuckles came in handy.

panzer_unit
Apr 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
On 2008-04-17 11:32, SonicTMP wrote:
Condicering they made Traps usable by all classes to a certian level they should of simply given Protranser refillable traps for PP costs or charges. Sorta like how casts had them back in PSO, they could go to the medbay to refill as needed.

They gave Protransers WAY BETTER traps than anyone else. That's way better than infinity of traps I'd barely use because they're crappy.

SonicTMP
Apr 17, 2008, 02:17 PM
On 2008-04-17 12:06, panzer_unit wrote:

They gave Protransers WAY BETTER traps than anyone else. That's way better than infinity of traps I'd barely use because they're crappy.

Define WAY BETTER. Sounds liek you think thgey are uselsss. What do you want them to do exactly?

GuardianElite
Apr 17, 2008, 02:54 PM
Nuclear Trap Ex

panzer_unit
Apr 17, 2008, 04:17 PM
On 2008-04-17 12:17, SonicTMP wrote:

On 2008-04-17 12:06, panzer_unit wrote:

Define WAY BETTER. Sounds liek you think thgey are uselsss. What do you want them to do exactly?

An entire team of characters taking turns can maybe carry enough Freeze G traps to get the same effect as one Freeze EX for duration and targets affected. Is that "better" enough for you? Is for me.

I don't want to burn through stacks of traps for such brutally short-term status effects.
Like Freeze G on a Svaltus... there, I've stopped it. Switching weapons back to knuckles and firing off a JA'd Ikk Hikk, I can punch the thing TWICE before it breaks free and sends me rolling with a quick Tornado Break. That's not BAD for regular trap usage. Works out to like 3000 damage per trap that I wouldn't have done otherwise... saves a dimate worth of damage... but when a whole stack of freezes just lets me do that to ONE svaltus, why waste the time when I'm restocking or palette/inventory space?

Virus, Virus G, and Sleep G. The non-EX traps I use. The DOTs amount to decent damage, if slowly, and the incapacitate lasts long enough to let me wind up an Anga Jabroga safely.