PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Kubara ranged?

Iredore
Apr 18, 2008, 01:23 AM
Well, up to this point, I always assumed that Kubara product knock-offs of the original weapon has LESS ATP, and a lower requirement but always MORE PP, PP Regen, and ACC...

This isn't true for ranged... Kubara usually has less PP, and sometimes even more ATP?

Example would be Mizurakihoh (Yohmei) and Mizurakihoc (Kubara), but it's apparent in nearly all guns... why is this? Is there any real point to make a Kubara knock-off of the original?

Anduril
Apr 18, 2008, 01:27 AM
Looks. That's why I prefer my Destac over Desta and Vipric over Viper. Plain black just makes them look better. Plus there is the fact that they usually have a lower ATA requirement.(I was able to equip a Kikamic way before I was able to equip a Kikami)

dc534
Apr 18, 2008, 02:03 AM
Yeah it changes from weapon type to weapon type. I have noticed kubara melee weapon usually have about same PP as tenora, less ATP than most yohmie but have the best ACC out ofa them all. SOme of the ranged guns differ as well the Rattlesnac has more power than Rattlenake when grinded. Oh the best example is the b'duki maganac. That pistol at 10 has 474 ATP, that is the best pistol in the game in my opinion

imfanboy
Apr 18, 2008, 02:52 AM
The only mechguns worthwhile are the Kubara variants - if you use mechs at all, synth Beam Vulcanics or the Muzzlefevics, period. Better PP and better regen is all you need for mechs - the rest is superfluous.

Other than that... it depends.*shrug* I synthed the Kubara version of the Yohmei Laser Cannon to help me level up some Bullets - lower ATP + higher PP = win for leveling.

amtalx
Apr 18, 2008, 06:26 AM
If you are truly concerned about attack power, you won't find yourself using many Kubara guns. There are exceptions though, the Rattlesnac being one of them. The biggest problem with Kubara guns is that they are trash until you get them to at least +8 most of the time.

darkante
Apr 18, 2008, 07:22 AM
On 2008-04-18 00:52, imfanboy wrote:
The only mechguns worthwhile are the Kubara variants - if you use mechs at all, synth Beam Vulcanics or the Muzzlefevics, period. Better PP and better regen is all you need for mechs - the rest is superfluous.

Other than that... it depends.*shrug* I synthed the Kubara version of the Yohmei Laser Cannon to help me level up some Bullets - lower ATP + higher PP = win for leveling.

heh *hugs my Degahna Cannon with its awesome pp*
X)

str898mustang
Apr 18, 2008, 09:12 AM
Shigga Barec 10/10 > Shigga Baret 10/10

Andy1423
Apr 18, 2008, 09:55 AM
Looks. That's why I prefer my Destac over Desta and Vipric over Viper. Plain black just makes them look better. Plus there is the fact that they usually have a lower ATA requirement.(I was able to equip a Kikamic way before I was able to equip a Kikami)

Yeah they do look cooler BUT... First of all who cares about requirments, You can have a rattlesnake equipped at like level 38. Besides the most of the Kubara guns are crap unless they're at least 9 or even 10. I think the whole idea of kubara weapons is stupid, and the reason why you ask? Lets just say this, I would love kubara weapons if the bonus for making them was better. For instance, why don't all kubara weapons follow the same grind /upgrade sequence that of the Agito or ALETIC. The concept makes sense when it works, but 70% of the kubara weapons are a waste of time and materials.

I'll say it agian.................here's an idea

How about kubara weapons that go to 15 instead of 10, and for ranged ATA gets grinded. just a thought;/

Cracka_J
Apr 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
Like already said, kubara weps main attraction is the looks. The Barec is the meanest lookin of all the kubara guns...maybe the best lookin out of all the guns. The snac is also nice lookin and I prefer the sleek black/dark gunmetal look to the strange yellow grm decals. Also, max grind stats are better. Captured a couple pics since it didn't seem like I could provide a compare chart link.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh101/jimlap13/SNACVSNAKE.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh101/jimlap13/BARECVBARET.jpg

enjoy

panzer_unit
Apr 18, 2008, 10:18 AM
Kubara lasers have a big PP advantage over GRM, though at some cost to ATP. I won't say no to extra spam.

Kubara grenades have a small PP and refresh advantage over Tenora and massively less ATP... but aside from my Gur Asted on dragons I use 'em primarily for knockdown/stagger and DOT statuses on large mobs. Attack power is pretty much irrelevant to me - which is ironic of course considering the HUGE damage mods on grenade skills.
GRM launchers have slightly more PP than Tenora-knockoffs and better stats everywhere else... but they don't look anywhere as cool as Bazgac.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-18 08:21 ]</font>

Astarin
Apr 18, 2008, 11:27 AM
You really have to go on an individual, weapon-by-weapon basis for Kubara ranged weapons.

They're all a different colour, and have the regular C-A rank bullet effects.

Some are just weaker in every respect. Some grind much better than the regular version. Some, like mechguns, have the most important stat at a much higher level, with a negligable hit to the other stats. Frequently there is also a lower equipping requirement, as someone said, although that usually is only really important for Force types. (where it'll take a fT until at least the mid-forties to equip a basic, 7* Card)

PhdChristmas
Apr 18, 2008, 11:37 AM
On 2008-04-17 23:23, Iredore wrote:
Well, up to this point, I always assumed that Kubara product knock-offs of the original weapon has LESS ATP, and a lower requirement but always MORE PP, PP Regen, and ACC...

This isn't true for ranged... Kubara usually has less PP, and sometimes even more ATP?

Example would be Mizurakihoh (Yohmei) and Mizurakihoc (Kubara), but it's apparent in nearly all guns... why is this? Is there any real point to make a Kubara knock-off of the original?

Kubara weapons have higher grind-stat-upgrades than normal weaponry, usually sacrificing one or more stats.

Example. (Kubara)Assassic vs (GRM)Burst.

(Kubara)Assassic: 8* Upper Right Window.

(GRM)Burst: 8* Lower Left Window.

http://img209.imagevenue.com/loc114/th_34022_Burst_vs_Assassic_122_114lo.jpg (http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=34022_Burst_vs_Assassic_122_114lo.jp g)

When unground, (GRM)Burst is vastly superior to (Kubara)Assassic in all categories except Requirments.

When both weapons are ground +7 and higher, the (Kubara)Assassic's ATP is slightly higher than that of the (GRM)Burst. When ground to +10 the (Kubara)Assassic's atp is noticably higher than that of a +10 (GRM)Burst. By the time your Lv.200 these margins will be insignificant and you will want to pursue Ground(+10~) S rank weaponry or max your Bullet levels for greatest leap in character output.

However you must question the utility of such comparisons, for example, a (9*GRM)Phantom ground to +7 has ATP of 603. Roughly 20 more ATP over a +7 (Kubara)Assassic or Burst, as well as higher ATA and PP. I dont pay attention to PP Regen rates.

In the end its better to have a general ground 9* ranged weapon in A rank weaponry. Further note using Kubara Wood significantly reduces your synthesis sucess rate. Keep this in mind. No factual research has been performed to test Grind Sucess Rates contrasting between Kubara and general weaponry.

The stat comparisons vary between Ranged Weapon Manufacturer and weapon type. Example GRM Rifles vs Kubara(GRM) Rifles, Ground past +7 usually results in the Kubara(GRM) Rifle having Higher ATP.

Generally Kubara ranged weapon is a suffice choice for those who plan on eventually grinding their weapons, and hoping to grind them somewhere past +7~. While having slight advantages over their general manufacture counter part.

Andy1423
Apr 18, 2008, 11:55 AM
yeah, but phantoms are better. So whats the point. I'm mean you sacrifice PPcapicity ATA for just a few more Att points. Yeah they look cool, but give me the real verison every time. The kubara weapons really worth it are the uniqe kubara only i.e. spread needle

Egg99
Apr 18, 2008, 01:02 PM
There are a few Kubara gems that not only look better in black but perform much better as well. I've got two Arb Maganacs 9/10, and I'm fairly sure they're the second strongest dualies you can have atm, next to Arb Boas.

The thing is, you can't buy the Boa boards, thus making them more rare. More rare = considerably harder to obtain a 10/10 weapon, which is why I'm perfectly content with the Maganacs. Not to mention getting an S rank to 10/10 is a near-impossible feat... >.>

So that pretty much leaves you with Maganacs being the strongest dualies around. And even then they're pretty uncommon. I've only seen a couple people other than myself with a highly-ground pair.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
On 2008-04-18 11:02, Egg99 wrote:
There are a few Kubara gems that not only look better in black but perform much better as well. I've got two Arb Maganacs 9/10, and I'm fairly sure they're the second strongest dualies you can have atm, next to Arb Boas.

The thing is, you can't buy the Boa boards, thus making them more rare. More rare = considerably harder to obtain a 10/10 weapon, which is why I'm perfectly content with the Maganacs. Not to mention getting an S rank to 10/10 is a near-impossible feat... >.>

So that pretty much leaves you with Maganacs being the strongest dualies around. And even then they're pretty uncommon. I've only seen a couple people other than myself with a highly-ground pair.

that is until the Twin Ruby Bullets come out. Then those will be the best dualies... period (until the 12*)

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-18 11:16 ]</font>

Thrash777
Apr 18, 2008, 01:43 PM
Look at this chart:
http://psupedia.info/Weapons

explains the comparison between all the makes and kubara

DarkEliteRico
Apr 18, 2008, 01:50 PM
My goodness that page needs to be updated, missing tenora claws and a few other things

haruna
Apr 18, 2008, 02:35 PM
At least for Yohmei bows, it means outrageous gains in accuracy. For a while, my Alteric 9/9 was the best bow I had.

Accuracies of various bows.
Alteric 268 vs Hikarui 214
Hanmatic 340 vs Roksari 272
Hirokteric 448 vs Hirokteri 358
Rikauteric 502 vs Rikauteri 401
Nayosteric 594 vs Nayosteri 475

After hitting S-rank, the 10/10 Kubaras no long outclass their corporate equivalents.

Any weapon in particular you plan to Kubara-ify?