PDA

View Full Version : Online vs offline

Magician4
Apr 18, 2008, 05:23 PM
I played the game offline for a few months but it got boring fast without anyone to play with. Anyway I was thinking about buying the game again in a few weeks to try the online portion of the game for the 360. Could someone list some of the things that are different between the offline and online modes as far as game play?

RedMussel
Apr 18, 2008, 05:27 PM
There are too many.

Criss
Apr 18, 2008, 05:28 PM
Well, for one, I think the only offline there is on X360 is the basic PSU... they didn't release the offline part of AoI (the expansion).

If that's the case, think of online as being immensely superior, with tons more missions, weapons, PAs, gameplay mechanic improvements, etc.

Eliash
Apr 18, 2008, 05:31 PM
Well, it's still boring online for one.

Seriously, there's a ton of new missions (granted most of them contain the same enemies or reskins both map and enemy). Current level is capped at 130, with a new event coming our way MAG (Maximum Attack G) on the 25th. There's advance classes, and master classes to be released eventually, which increase the PA levels to 40 and are combinations of several classes or more specialized in certain areas. Event lobbies, that offer rare enemies and rare items that are not offline along with other items that are not offline. Finally, the ability to talk to people who you play with (without being Amaury).

EDIT: Also there's EP 2 online and some of EP 3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2008-04-18 15:32 ]</font>

Dragwind
Apr 18, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, far too many. Offline is only good for the story I would say. Everything about online is better imo.

TheNineSuns
Apr 18, 2008, 05:34 PM
You don't have to be Ethan Waber.. x

Magician4
Apr 18, 2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just have to get online an experience everything myself to really understand.

Ryna
Apr 18, 2008, 05:54 PM
It'd be fair to say that offline PSU is just a trainer for online mode. Online Ambition of the Illuminus sports several major improvements to the core gameplay. Also, the differences between online and offline mode are too numerous to list here. It might help if you narrow down your question a bit.

Magician4
Apr 18, 2008, 06:11 PM
Well a question I do have in mind would be difficulty. Is it harder online (I positive that it is) and if so how much harder? Also, is it harder to find items in missions?

Eliash
Apr 18, 2008, 06:14 PM
Online isn't hard at all, it's a bit harder than offline but not by much.

It's somewhat harder to find items online than it is offline though, however, you can end up buying them if you really want it that bad and you have the money.

Ryna
Apr 18, 2008, 06:44 PM
On 2008-04-18 16:11, Magician4 wrote:
Well a question I do have in mind would be difficulty. Is it harder online (I positive that it is) and if so how much harder? Also, is it harder to find items in missions?

Online missions tend to be harder. I remember flying through offline PSU's missions at very low levels. You probably won't be able to do that in online mode for a long time. Of course, it'll all depend on what difficulty rank you choose for the mission.

Are items harder to find? Yes. The amount of time you an expect to look for an item is usually tied to its rarity. You'll probably find lots of low-rank weapons while running online missions. S-Ranks weapons usually take much longer to find.

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2008, 06:50 PM
The only thing I can say is, online is a more complicated version of offline. Rather, offline is a less complicated version of online. If you enjoyed offline, and want more, then online is probably going to sedate you.

Archangel_Of_Flame
Apr 19, 2008, 03:48 AM
heh while i havent gone online with PSU offline isnt all that bad, but granted it does get boring after a while. Im really looking foward to playing PSU online since i never got around to playing PSO online at all lol.

rogue_robot
Apr 19, 2008, 11:59 AM
PSU offline has only one indisputable advantage, and even then only on the PC. You don't have to pay extra money for more than four character slots, you just swap out save files (though you could probably do this through a bunch of silver accounts on 360, I'm not counting it because it doesn't allow offliners access to AotI content).

Aside from that, it depends on whether or not you would spend most of your time soloing anyway. PSU offline's HUnter/RAnger/FOrce classes have vastly more open weapon selection compared to the online classes (FOrces with 'nade launchers, lol...), but it's specifically because you can't play with anyone else - if you're paying to play online, they expect that you're going to be playing with other people, seeing as there is a solo-only offline mode.