PDA

View Full Version : Did they NERF the slicer or not?!?!

Atomic646
Apr 18, 2008, 05:48 PM
well it seems like everyone is saying that the slicer will be nerf'd. Will it, or has it?

Ryna
Apr 18, 2008, 05:52 PM
It should be nerfed during the next server update.

Anduril
Apr 18, 2008, 05:53 PM
It will, on the 25th with the PA adjustment.

joefro
Apr 18, 2008, 05:54 PM
Isn't it just the chikki photon art? i think the ultimate pa will remain untouched.

Raven5_1
Apr 18, 2008, 05:55 PM
f*ck i best finish maxing the slicer PA then.

Anduril
Apr 18, 2008, 05:57 PM
On 2008-04-18 15:54, joefro wrote:
Isn't it just the chikki photon art? i think the ultimate pa will remain untouched.

Yeah, but as most people just associate Slicers with Chikki they consider Slicers getting nerfed. Afterall, as it stands, how many people actually use Choutou?

Atomic646
Apr 18, 2008, 06:03 PM
Alright thanks

Dragwind
Apr 18, 2008, 06:05 PM
If you mean Chikki, it isn't nerfed yet. Soon enough though... soon enough.

Inazuma
Apr 18, 2008, 06:15 PM
and thats not all. later on the master types will come out and fighmaster cant even use slicers. the slicer will have gone from incredibly overpowered and super popular to weak and barely used.

Zorafim
Apr 18, 2008, 06:24 PM
On 2008-04-18 16:15, Inazuma wrote:
the slicer will have gone from incredibly overpowered and super popular to weak and barely used.

Sounds likes the transition from PSIV to PSO.

Randomness
Apr 18, 2008, 07:05 PM
and thats not all. later on the master types will come out and fighmaster cant even use slicers. the slicer will have gone from incredibly overpowered and super popular to weak and barely used.

You seem to assume everyone has enough S rank gear with good %s to go to fighmaster. You're also assuming everyone will want to pay significantly more pp for a speed boost. Not to mention the limited selection. Gunmaster and whatever the force one is called are fine in selection (Gunmaster has the bases covered in guns, forces only need rods to tech), but fighmaster has a crappy selection. Even after the nerf, a FF will still be able to put up solid numbers with Chikki.

Inazuma
Apr 18, 2008, 07:54 PM
On 2008-04-18 17:05, Randomness wrote:

You seem to assume everyone has enough S rank gear with good %s to go to fighmaster. You're also assuming everyone will want to pay significantly more pp for a speed boost. Not to mention the limited selection. Gunmaster and whatever the force one is called are fine in selection (Gunmaster has the bases covered in guns, forces only need rods to tech), but fighmaster has a crappy selection. Even after the nerf, a FF will still be able to put up solid numbers with Chikki.

FM is the fastest and strongest melee type. it seems pretty likely it will be very popular when it comes out on the eng ver.
wait and see

Randomness
Apr 18, 2008, 08:29 PM
No, it isn't the strongest. The master classes do not equal fortes in stats.

mvffin
Apr 18, 2008, 09:35 PM
On 2008-04-18 15:57, Anduril wrote:how many people actually use Choutou?

*raises hand slowly*

*cough* lv39 *cough*

ThEoRy
Apr 18, 2008, 09:58 PM
On 2008-04-18 19:35, mvffin wrote:

*raises hand slowly*

*cough* lv39 *cough*

/begins slowly clapping hands

pikachief
Apr 19, 2008, 01:34 AM

*raises hand slowly*

*cough* lv39 *cough*

confrats and hi!

yes its not as bad as everyone says it is >.> lol

im hitting 2500's with the ultimate at lvl 12!

Crawdad
Apr 19, 2008, 03:45 AM
Yeah master Classes aren't going to be popular at all I was thinking about it but lack of Claws and twin sabers put me off it, not to mention Mass PP for Mass Speed Dunno if it's worth the trade off, oh that and weaker stats yeah, If I ran faster maybe.....

pikachief
Apr 19, 2008, 03:53 AM
im sure mastergunner will be popular

Magus_84
Apr 19, 2008, 05:59 AM
Fighmaster has all the most "OMG DAT'S KEWL" PA weapons on it, after Chikki.

How many nub Fortefighters run around spamming Majarra or Jabroga?

How many nub Fighgunners ran around back in the day spamming Tornado Dance, and how many people are wowed by Absolute Dance, but turned off by its speed and leveling rate? FM and the PA leveling boost get rid of those problems. Same with Gravity Break. It's got the "OMG FF7CLOUDBRAVERSEPHIROTHXXX" factor, and it's going to get both a speed boost and a leveling speed boost, when you count the update next week and the speed boost on FM.

FM is likely going to have a lot of appeal for all the people who pick one "popular" or "broken" PA and spam it to death. Since that's a good 75% of the Fortefighter/former Fighgunner population...yeah. Those people who ran around with a pallette full of Chikki and didn't carry Handguns, even for bosses.

FM will likely be one of the most popular melee classes in the actual game, if not on the boards. People love their Majarra/Jabroga crack, and FM gives it to them in the most concentrated form. FF's ATP advantage be damned.

joefro
Apr 19, 2008, 07:32 AM
On 2008-04-18 19:58, ThEoRy wrote:

*raises hand slowly*

*cough* lv39 *cough*

I have it at lv40...when I was an acrofighter, I had nothing else to do lol.

chalka
Apr 19, 2008, 09:08 AM
On 2008-04-19 03:59, Magus_84 wrote:
Fighmaster has all the most "OMG DAT'S KEWL" PA weapons on it, after Chikki.

How many nub Fortefighters run around spamming Majarra or Jabroga?

How many nub Fighgunners ran around back in the day spamming Tornado Dance, and how many people are wowed by Absolute Dance, but turned off by its speed and leveling rate? FM and the PA leveling boost get rid of those problems. Same with Gravity Break. It's got the "OMG FF7CLOUDBRAVERSEPHIROTHXXX" factor, and it's going to get both a speed boost and a leveling speed boost, when you count the update next week and the speed boost on FM.

FM is likely going to have a lot of appeal for all the people who pick one "popular" or "broken" PA and spam it to death. Since that's a good 75% of the Fortefighter/former Fighgunner population...yeah. Those people who ran around with a pallette full of Chikki and didn't carry Handguns, even for bosses.

FM will likely be one of the most popular melee classes in the actual game, if not on the boards. People love their Majarra/Jabroga crack, and FM gives it to them in the most concentrated form. FF's ATP advantage be damned.

sad but true.

if fighmaster had taken out the spear or the sword, and given me twin claws or twin sabers, id be in heaven.

i rarely use spears, and i havent touched a sword in awhile. twin claws and twin sabers have become my main attack weapons.

Inazuma
Apr 19, 2008, 12:23 PM
On 2008-04-19 01:45, Crawdad wrote:
Yeah master Classes aren't going to be popular at all I was thinking about it but lack of Claws and twin sabers put me off it, not to mention Mass PP for Mass Speed Dunno if it's worth the trade off, oh that and weaker stats yeah, If I ran faster maybe.....

fighmaster DOES run faster. thats part of the reason why its so good. double saber plus attack speeed boost = runs much faster. use a lv 1 tornado dance so its cheaper.

hiraisho
Apr 19, 2008, 12:30 PM
On 2008-04-19 05:32, joefro wrote:

On 2008-04-18 19:58, ThEoRy wrote:

*raises hand slowly*

*cough* lv39 *cough*

I have it at lv40...when I was an acrofighter, I had nothing else to do lol.

I have both chikki and choutou on my AF, honestly I enjoy choutou more, although level wise its still lower than my chikki because I haven't had it that long XD

MrNomad
Apr 19, 2008, 12:38 PM
On 2008-04-19 10:23, Inazuma wrote:

On 2008-04-19 01:45, Crawdad wrote:

fighmaster DOES run faster. thats part of the reason why its so good. double saber plus attack speeed boost = runs much faster. use a lv 1 tornado dance so its cheaper.

Lol hey guys now we can finish a mission 1 minute sooner than before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Actually when you take into account that FM has no guns or slicer and PAs drains pp quicker (which means no Att boosting units allowed) missions not only can take longer (and cost more money for items) but certain missions can leave a FM unable to finish properly (enter Desert Terror). Not only that but a FM's stats are only marginally higher then a FG's so I dont see how they will break either of the hunter classes outside of a WT maybe. And if your only counter-argument is they have lvl 50 skills, well, Dus majarra lvl 50 has only 10 extra att%, so I wouldn't count on that right now...

gryphonvii
Apr 19, 2008, 01:15 PM
choutou is actually very powerful, just wide spread, I rarely touch slicers anymore but even if you're not hitting 3000+ anymore with chikki it is still a very powerful art.

LuigiMario
Apr 19, 2008, 01:57 PM

*raises hand slowly*

*cough* lv39 *cough*

ensignia
Apr 24, 2008, 08:56 PM
First off does anyone know the reason why they are decreasing the Chikki PA? I mean I know its pretty much the most powerful hitting weapon PA if you have it leveled and there is serious multihit from a slicer. This is why i love it and use it. This is typically a group playing game but for those like myself and my hubby who like to solo 98% of the time this slicer PA makes it easier and faster, and I am wondering why they are taking it. I hunt alone because I am yet to find a honest group, I am not saying there isnt one out there but all the ones that I have come in contact with have not been good ones. My hubby who plays and is typicly the only person I hunt with learned once, while playing with someone who I will not name that calling an item doesnt always mean you will get it, even if the entire group agrees on the call rules. The one item he was searching for was dropped and went to another player all of a sudden they left the party. So since then he and myself never hunt with anyone but each other or ourselves. The slicer and the Chikki PA has basicly been a blessing to the solo runner. And them decreasing it hurts the solo hunter, so i wonder if this is the purpose, to try and get all the players that solo to find and join groups? I thought they were trying to recruit players and not lose them, because there are probualy alot more players out there that solo then we all know and if they cant do it easily the game may find that they are losing those who like to solo.

DraginHikari
Apr 24, 2008, 09:09 PM
@ensignia

Ugh... break that up a little bit, boxes of text are hard to read.

It's mostly because Chikki is extremely overpowered in all areas not just for soloers. Also in things like the Leaderboard coming up Chikki tips the scales to Slicer users in the wrong way perhaps as well.

Randomness
Apr 24, 2008, 09:13 PM
Well, anyone with leveled elements for lasers will be racking up the kills... Hello 30% at level 1!

mvffin
Apr 24, 2008, 09:17 PM
I was doing 4k with the second hit as an FF. with a 30ish % slicer. so yeah, its probably gonna be better than chikki soon.

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2008, 09:23 PM
On 2008-04-19 10:38, MrNomad wrote:

Lol hey guys now we can finish a mission 1 minute sooner than before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Actually when you take into account that FM has no guns or slicer and PAs drains pp quicker (which means no Att boosting units allowed) missions not only can take longer (and cost more money for items) but certain missions can leave a FM unable to finish properly (enter Desert Terror). Not only that but a FM's stats are only marginally higher then a FG's so I dont see how they will break either of the hunter classes outside of a WT maybe. And if your only counter-argument is they have lvl 50 skills, well, Dus majarra lvl 50 has only 10 extra att%, so I wouldn't count on that right now...

You can theorize that if you like, but since we have actual testimonies from our importer posters and pics on the uploader of obscenely fast clear times...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xaeris on 2008-04-24 19:24 ]</font>

Oniko
Apr 24, 2008, 09:29 PM
On 2008-04-24 18:56, ensignia wrote:
The slicer and the Chikki PA has basicly been a blessing to the solo runner. And them decreasing it hurts the solo hunter, so i wonder if this is the purpose, to try and get all the players that solo to find and join groups? I thought they were trying to recruit players and not lose them, because there are probualy alot more players out there that solo then we all know and if they cant do it easily the game may find that they are losing those who like to solo.

So, only Fighgunner, Fortefighter, and Acrofighter can solo in PSU? No other class can? Cause um...not everyone can use slicer. What about before AoI? People did fine then, and they'll do just fine after the Chikki nerf. It was never a requirement for solo, and my WT does just fine without it.

Chikki is being nerfed for the same reason Barta and Zonde don't do 3000 per hit, Megid isn't guaranteed instant death, and Newmans can't summon Black Beasts which dual wield axes and breath fire. >.>

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2008, 10:12 PM
Hurt the... Soloer...? Huh?

I like this update, because it gives me an excuse to use slicers with Chiou (whatever the other PA is called). I believe this is closer to what slicers should be (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/P-STAR4002.jpg) (I need a better slicer pic...), a quick, weak, ranged weapon. Having a brute force PA on a slicer is like giving an axe an agile PA, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Weeaboolits
Apr 24, 2008, 10:25 PM
Tell Alys to let us in on that twin slicer action. ;o

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2008, 10:34 PM
Kinda hard to do after what happened with Zio.

But, yeah, I agree. Gib twin slicers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-04-24 20:37 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 24, 2008, 10:44 PM
I'm not that far yet, no spoilarz, plz.

Yes, twin slicers, go go!

DreXxiN
Apr 24, 2008, 11:57 PM
On 2008-04-24 20:12, Zorafim wrote:
Hurt the... Soloer...? Huh?

I like this update, because it gives me an excuse to use slicers with Chiou (whatever the other PA is called). I believe this is closer to what slicers should be (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/P-STAR4002.jpg) (I need a better slicer pic...), a quick, weak, ranged weapon. Having a brute force PA on a slicer is like giving an axe an agile PA, it just doesn't make sense to me.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/Drexxin/psu20080424_234418_006.jpg
^ Choutou Lvl 31.

Doesn't seem very weak to me. That was with bad aim too. If you know how to manipulate choutou, beleive me, you can have close to chikki effectiveness, but it'll just take skill.

Pic was posted to much pretty much end this thread, in hopes of ending other thread, where people ask if
Slicer is nerfed. Well, no it's not. Stop associating Slicer with Chikki, there's other ways to make them effective. They aren't useless either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-24 21:59 ]</font>

Shinko
Apr 25, 2008, 12:12 AM
On 2008-04-18 17:54, Inazuma wrote:

On 2008-04-18 17:05, Randomness wrote:

FM is the fastest and strongest melee type. it seems pretty likely it will be very popular when it comes out on the eng ver.
wait and see

actually FF is stronger....

Celi-Ka
Apr 25, 2008, 03:16 AM
Choutou will probably feel more like an Ultimate PA with this update. The 2nd hit ATP mod is quite tasty at 40.

Sora_Psu
Apr 25, 2008, 07:04 AM
You guys are funny saying the master classes are not gonna be popular..everyone always follows the new..when they are released people are gonna switch classes REAL quick, they may go back eventually but I'm pretty sure all the characters with high PA levels (*raises hand*) will probably stick with whichever master class they want to use.

ErtaiClou
Apr 25, 2008, 07:28 AM
Yeah but weapons like the double saber already regain pp fast anyway. Couple that with faster attack animations, does Fighmaster really have a problem? Maybe non-gun requisite missions may get a little less popular. Most bosses are still going to be taken down before they ever hit the sky.

Back on topic, if slicers get worse than their current nerf, I'll have about as much respect for them as I did in PSO.

Mio
Apr 25, 2008, 08:12 AM
I personally can't wait to try the gunmaster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif