PDA

View Full Version : Do newmans.........

Totori
Apr 19, 2008, 12:03 AM
make good or ok fortegunners i wanna know..........just answer no CRAP

Zorafim
Apr 19, 2008, 12:14 AM
I can't see them doing badly on it. Less ATP, more ATA than humans. In terms of pure damage, they're probably the worst, but they'd be the second best for adding status effects.

In other words, people wouldn't look down on you for doing it. I would, because you'd be making a newman use a big gun, but disregard that.

Omega_Weltall
Apr 19, 2008, 12:22 AM
Yes they do. i have my Main go Fortegunner every now and then and its not bad at all. like Zorafim said, you wont get high damage but you'er gonna see alot less 0's than humans and beasts

Zorafim
Apr 19, 2008, 12:26 AM
Well, not alot less zeros. From what I've heard, even beast gunners hit the point of diminishing returns on ATA.

Totori
Apr 19, 2008, 12:33 AM
Hmm so they are o.......k on it ur saying

mvffin
Apr 19, 2008, 12:33 AM
yeah I made my beast a GT and even in the lower levels, I still don't hit donuts that much. There's really no BAD race/class combo. there are some not-so-good ones but...

everything dies fast enough in parties anyways. play how you like.

Endykins
Apr 19, 2008, 01:12 AM
I would personally choose them over beast or humans, second to casts. They may have the lowest ATP, but they have respectable ATA. And with units/armour bonuses/ect. The damage difference isnt a -huge- issue. Most importantly, play what you feel you'd enjoy most though!

pikachief
Apr 19, 2008, 01:29 AM
actually, the class and weapons have so much ATA, it doesnt matter what u play it as if your counting ATA.

u can play a male beasts with a SPS and barely miss! lol

a newman... eehhh maybe one of the worst, not bad but not that great either :/

Katrina
Apr 19, 2008, 01:32 AM
In general, Casts are considered to be the 'best' gunners, as they also receive the racial bonus. Newmans would make good fortegunners, yes. Damage can be offset through slot units, buff techs / items, set bonuses, PA levels, grinds, using the correct element and SE's based on mission, etc. It's all a matter of opinion and very subjective.

If you're asking if Newman fortegunner would be looked down apon or whatever, 'most' people are open minded enough and could care less what race/type combo others use, as long as stuff is dying and you're contributing to the mission.

darkante
Apr 19, 2008, 03:49 AM
I think if you really want to take advantage of the Newmans high magic status.
You should try take advantage of the Guntecher class if you are really into gunning and spell casting.. seeing as they will get a boost in techniques and get S-rank wands very soon.

landman
Apr 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
Fortegunner is good in any race, ATA is not an issue even for Beasts but ATP could be for newmen...

LuigiMario
Apr 19, 2008, 11:04 AM
On 2008-04-18 23:12, Endykins wrote:
I would personally choose them over beast or humans, second to casts. They may have the lowest ATP, but they have respectable ATA. And with units/armour bonuses/ect. The damage difference isnt a -huge- issue. Most importantly, play what you feel you'd enjoy most though!

And of course all that especially red/knight would make a beast perhaps the best gunner. Not sure.

Aorre
Apr 19, 2008, 11:24 AM
Newman Fortegunner is fine. I play this race/class combo and it works out for me anywhere I go. My only real complaint is not having an SUV.

Make sure to use Solid / Power S.

Hrith
Apr 19, 2008, 12:03 PM
On 2008-04-18 22:26, Zorafim wrote:
Well, not alot less zeros. From what I've heard, even beast gunners hit the point of diminishing returns on ATA.If Lv130 player vs Lv100 monsters, yeah, but at the same level, not really.

AerisZeal
Apr 19, 2008, 01:15 PM
I've been playing a Female Newman Fortegunner since the class was available. And honestly, it doesn't make a lick of difference what race/class you are because everything dies in six seconds anyway.

From a technical stand point though, yes, we do far less with heavy direct fire such as Grenade Launchers and... really that's the only one I notice at all and to reiterate few zeros. To sum it up I think Katrina said it best:

On 2008-04-18 23:32, Katrina wrote:
It's all a matter of opinion and very subjective.

gryphonvii
Apr 19, 2008, 01:18 PM
rally if you're a good gunner yourself people won't even notice. If you are worried, just wear a hat to cover your ears and adamantly respond you are a human if someone questions it.

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2008, 03:52 PM
The ATA won't really be a huge factor as an advantage. If you want to go Fortegunner as a newman you wont do bad, just the least damage potential for a fortegunner.

Zeaxel
Apr 19, 2008, 04:04 PM
You'll never be the best but can certainly be good playing as any race/type.

Just be prepared for elitist to kick you from the pt if you go Newman/ForteFighter,CAST/ForteTecher, Beast/ForteGunner.

IGNORE THEM AND KEEP AT IT.

You can excel at anything, like I said, not capable of the best stats but certainly far from being "gimp" like some would lead you to believe.

Sega made it possible for a reason. Do what you want and have fun!

Emblem00
Apr 19, 2008, 04:32 PM
hmmm maybe I should try a Newman ForteGunner

Sexy_Raine
Apr 20, 2008, 03:52 AM
Unlike other classes, Fortegunner is a class where it's easy to cheat base stats. When abusing burn/virus, traps and Killer Shot, the race damage gap is not that big,(lol Dark Prism pwning). My human Fortegunner does awesome. The only bad thing is not having a special, but it's not needed really.

Get to know your guns, and when to each one. Level your bullets, and you'll do fine..........that is if you can level them, it takes awhile to build properly. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-04-20 02:10 ]</font>

Totori
Apr 20, 2008, 04:55 AM
Wow i thought i was going to get flamed for the idea but thanks now i know what job i'm gonna be

chaoskila
Apr 20, 2008, 08:19 AM
i had a newman gunner for a while then i went guntecher the i saw my self using 11 fighting techs more than my own guns so i just went full fortetecher
so they are not the worst but absolutely far from the greaterst