PDA

View Full Version : Needle Cannon worth it?

Tyrulz
Apr 19, 2008, 09:45 AM
is the needle cannon really a gun thats worth buying?

RedMussel
Apr 19, 2008, 09:50 AM
Its a Laser Cannon, and if you level the PA up then its pretty useful.

OmgHi
Apr 19, 2008, 09:50 AM
do yourself a favor and just hunt for it. all the ones I see on the market are so overpriced lol.

darkante
Apr 19, 2008, 09:55 AM
well depends mostly on if you are alot into grinding also.
And also if you are more into Att or PP.

If Att then sure..hunt for it.

If PP..then go a hunt a Degahna Cannon instead. Got a butload of PP when grinded enough.
And in my personal opinion that one has the nicest laser effect. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Aobikari
Apr 19, 2008, 09:59 AM
Good luck if you go out hunting for this cannon. Me and a friend spent a good amount of time this week looking for it and in the end he ended up buying one for about 4.7 mil

gryphonvii
Apr 19, 2008, 01:26 PM
went looking for rikauteri and found 2, made 'em because we had nothing else to do. Me and a friend use them on our tranny's. Pretty powerful and decent bullet effect. Unless you can get yourself a highly grinded meteor cannon I would suggest it.

Randomness
Apr 19, 2008, 03:23 PM
They have been overpriced lately, but its an excellent gun. Alternatives in the laser family (other than Inferno, gl with that) would be Degahna Cannon (conveniently dropping in the same place) or a Meteor.

Dragwind
Apr 19, 2008, 03:24 PM
I would rather hunt it. I wouldn't pay the overpriced madness for it.

Randomness
Apr 19, 2008, 03:29 PM
Hunting it also gives you chances at Rikauteri, Hirokteri, and Degahna Cannons. And is fairly easy.

Zeaxel
Apr 19, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yup just hunt it, I got mine fairly quickly and I wasn't even looking for it, completely forgot it dropped there when looking for the bows so I was pleasantly surprised

jayster
Apr 19, 2008, 05:07 PM
If you don't have atleast a stack of meseta for a love inferno then go for a needle cannon. And I'd buy it soon before the PA adjustment because they're going to probably go up in price. Laser cannons are good now and they're about to become super powered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2008-04-19 15:07 ]</font>

RedMussel
Apr 19, 2008, 05:07 PM
On 2008-04-19 15:07, jayster wrote:
If you don't have atleast a stack of meseta for a love inferno then go for a needle cannon. And I'd buy it soon because the PA adjustment because they're going to probably go up in price. Laser cannons are good now and they're about to become super powered.

SUPER NINJA POWER GO

Nirvash7
Apr 20, 2008, 07:03 AM
Do laser bullets go to 50% at 31 or 41?

Alamar
Apr 20, 2008, 12:49 PM
I had both the Needle and the Degahna Cannon. The Degahna Cannon was +5 and I used it more often. But thats just me use what you like.

IsoDonk
Apr 20, 2008, 01:11 PM
I quite like mine, paid 2.5mil for it... but then it is 3/3. As far as lasers go though, it's the best readily-available (read not Love Inferno) one out there.

If you're after PP, then as stated - Degahna Cannon is probably best, but a well-ground Meteor Cannoc is decent for that as well. See also Ryusaikanoh, if it ever starts dropping!

[edit] One thing worth pointing out, there's no point in owning a Needle Cannon if your cannon bullet levels are rubbish - pick up a Thunder Cannon, grind it until you can't break it any more, and go hunting for it while you level some bullets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IsoDonk on 2008-04-20 11:14 ]</font>

relentless
Apr 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
If you're going to use lasers, it's definately worth it.
Imo it looks the best out of all of them, and well yeah, it's the best, too stat-wise.
Degahna Cannon may have more PP, but who cares?
Using a few Photon Charges won't kill you, and if you want to think ahead of the future, Degahna isn't even S rank and won't be usuable by Gunmaster.
In general I'd say:
Needle Cannon > Degahna Cannon > the rest of the lasers

edit:
Of course if you can get a Love Inferno through trade, go for it. lol
But otherwise, it's seasonal so there's not really a reason mentioning it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2008-04-20 12:11 ]</font>

SmurfALMIGHTY
Apr 20, 2008, 02:10 PM
Love inferno.
End Discussion.

Battlestar
Apr 20, 2008, 02:37 PM
On 2008-04-20 12:10, SmurfALMIGHTY wrote:
Love inferno.
End Discussion.

no

darkante
Apr 20, 2008, 10:16 PM
On 2008-04-20 12:09, SeKaI wrote:
If you're going to use lasers, it's definately worth it.
Imo it looks the best out of all of them, and well yeah, it's the best, too stat-wise.
Degahna Cannon may have more PP, but who cares?
Using a few Photon Charges won't kill you, and if you want to think ahead of the future, Degahna isn't even S rank and won't be usuable by Gunmaster.
In general I'd say:
Needle Cannon > Degahna Cannon > the rest of the lasers

edit:
Of course if you can get a Love Inferno through trade, go for it. lol
But otherwise, it's seasonal so there's not really a reason mentioning it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2008-04-20 12:11 ]</font>

Well think of this.
Degahna Cannon can be used by Guntecher.
Good reason enough to get it.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Apr 21, 2008, 05:43 AM
On 2008-04-20 12:37, Battlestar wrote:

On 2008-04-20 12:10, SmurfALMIGHTY wrote:
Love inferno.
End Discussion.

no

yes

DarkEliteRico
Apr 21, 2008, 07:27 AM
As far as looks go i'd go for the meteor cannon/love inferno. With 7 grinds the meteor is just a touch under the needle cannon at 7 as well, it's really your wants/needs, laser cannons kind of bite unless you lvl up your skills for them. Can't wait to hit 41 with them myself

relentless
Apr 21, 2008, 12:43 PM
On 2008-04-20 20:16, darkante wrote:

Well think of this.

I know.
Since the OP asked about the Needle Cannon and not the Love Inferno, I assumed that he is not expecting to even get near one, so I just mentioned the LI btw.

Also, I know that Guntecher can't use S rank Laser Cannons, I was mainly referring to forteGunner anyways since again, the OP was talking about the Needle Cannon, which already told us that he was referring to forteGunner, too.
I was speaking for forteGunner, and for Laser Cannons in general excluding Love Inferno as to this quote:
"Needle Cannon > Degahna Cannon > the rest of the lasers"

So, Needle Cannon for fG (and GM in the future assumable) and Degahna Cannon for GT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

@DarkEliteRico
I think instead of getting a Meteor Cannon 7/X, trying to get your hands on a Needle Cannon is just as wise. :/
I mean, it's not like you can't grind it, it got better overall stats, looks better imo and well, yeah, it'snot THAT hard to get one, too.
Upgrading from Meteor to Needle or even a love Inferno sometime would be best imo.

Andy1423
Apr 21, 2008, 01:16 PM
I have yet to see it drop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

darkante
Apr 21, 2008, 02:01 PM
On 2008-04-21 10:43, SeKaI wrote:

On 2008-04-20 20:16, darkante wrote:

Well think of this.

I know.
Since the OP asked about the Needle Cannon and not the Love Inferno, I assumed that he is not expecting to even get near one, so I just mentioned the LI btw.

Also, I know that Guntecher can't use S rank Laser Cannons, I was mainly referring to forteGunner anyways since again, the OP was talking about the Needle Cannon, which already told us that he was referring to forteGunner, too.
I was speaking for forteGunner, and for Laser Cannons in general excluding Love Inferno as to this quote:
"Needle Cannon > Degahna Cannon > the rest of the lasers"

So, Needle Cannon for fG (and GM in the future assumable) and Degahna Cannon for GT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

@DarkEliteRico
I think instead of getting a Meteor Cannon 7/X, trying to get your hands on a Needle Cannon is just as wise. :/
I mean, it's not like you can't grind it, it got better overall stats, looks better imo and well, yeah, it'snot THAT hard to get one, too.
Upgrading from Meteor to Needle or even a love Inferno sometime would be best imo.

Well you made it sound like Degahna Cannon is just a piece of crap weapon so i had to defend itīs honour somehow lol.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 21, 2008, 08:35 PM
Why should i upgrade to a weapon i find repulsive, with about 90 less PP then a 7+ needle my meteor cannon IMO looks and functions much better, and if i got lucky and had a stack on me, and if i could find them in shops then i'd purchase a love inferno but i'm unlucky on that end

Emma_Frostfan
Apr 22, 2008, 08:43 PM
Degahna Cannon is what I'd say go for but at one time I did have both but I ended up selling my Needle Cannon cause I needed the money. Well if your laser pa's lvls are crap than just buy a t.. cannon and use that to lvl it up than hunt for one.

Atomic646
Apr 23, 2008, 06:11 AM
ok. If you like Laser Cannon's then yes. If your not sure then no. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lokey013
Apr 23, 2008, 10:49 AM
Wish you'd win a S rank bow or something =P

Tsujikiri
Apr 23, 2008, 02:41 PM
In my hunt for my Rikauteri i found 3 degahna boards and in a noobish mind set sold them to the NPC cause i didn't use laser cannons. Eyes were only on Rikauteris at the time. Kinda regret selling to NPC now that i find that people are looking for the Degahna Cannon.

darkante
Apr 23, 2008, 10:26 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:41, Tsujikiri wrote:
In my hunt for my Rikauteri i found 3 degahna boards and in a noobish mind set sold them to the NPC cause i didn't use laser cannons. Eyes were only on Rikauteris at the time. Kinda regret selling to NPC now that i find that people are looking for the Degahna Cannon.

And also considering tha value of these things.
You probably would have earned 60-70 milj for all 3 if they were made. =O

Atomic646
Apr 23, 2008, 10:44 PM
On 2008-04-23 20:26, darkante wrote:

3 0/10 Degahna's 15-19mill each = MONEY!!

Genoa
Apr 23, 2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah I would hunt one imo, can't say that I have one >_> I found one looking for the 11* bow... and FAILED it (following a failed Blackbull... I was on a synth-fail streak at the time)
Ironically, my friend's friend was hunting down a Needle Cannon, found the 11* bow, and FAILED the bow <____>
Would have been a nice trade, seeing I would rather have the bow for my PT and FT... but I do like the idea of Needle Cannon too... and a Degahna's cannon wouldn't hurt for my GT ;o

Tsujikiri
Apr 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
On 2008-04-23 20:44, Atomic646 wrote:

On 2008-04-23 20:26, darkante wrote:

3 0/10 Degahna's 15-19mill each = MONEY!!

hmm yeah only if i knew that when i was looking for the rikauteri.

"Oh it's not something i needed, hmm can get money from the npc for the board, woot"

now i look back at that and laugh. instant gratification from selling the board wasn't good in the long run.

Miyuki
Apr 24, 2008, 03:44 PM

If it makes you feel any better, estimates for made weapon are grossly inflated. On 360, 0/10 is maybe 8 mil, [B] alone maybe 6.

xEndrance
Apr 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
Honeslty i dont like lazer cannons that well... so i would say no