PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Mission: So, how do you feel about the PSO areas returni

furrypaws
Apr 19, 2008, 07:35 PM
I think they should stay permanantly (minus the EXP boost of course) just for the sake of having more levels that I can easily access.

SuperChoco
Apr 19, 2008, 07:45 PM
They do stay after the event

Ryna
Apr 19, 2008, 07:50 PM
After the event ends, a stripped down version of Maximum Attack will be available at the 5th floor Guardian Colony counter. You'll still be able to play through the PSO areas in that mission and in "rare" missions.

Gigorman
Apr 19, 2008, 07:54 PM
Unoriginal content.

Ryudo
Apr 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
cant wait for the bitching about how they arent the exact same missions done in the exact same way as PSO

hiraisho
Apr 19, 2008, 08:14 PM
voted other:

its awesome and I'm glad they are staying as a stripped down mission afterwards.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 19, 2008, 08:15 PM
I can play PSO... I don't see why I need it on PSU. However, I don't hate it either. I'm neutral on it

THE JACKEL

enoch
Apr 19, 2008, 08:18 PM
;o dont expect it to be great. but just seeing a booma in the game brought back so many memories

Noblewine
Apr 19, 2008, 08:44 PM
I like the idea of running through PSO missions. I don't really care much about exp or drops but seeing the old version sounds fun.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 19, 2008, 08:51 PM
Since I love the levels and I'm NOT playing PSO because I can't anymore (online anyway) and PSU is where I spend my time now, I appreciate that these levels will be staying.

Zorafim
Apr 19, 2008, 09:02 PM
Even if not for the fact that they were PSO areas, I'd want them. To this day, I haven't found one PSU area as cool as most PSO areas. Not to mention, they're something that I haven't seen yet in PSU, which is much more than I can say for anything else. Also, each PSO area is a stereotype of the classic PS game areas, so I even get some genesis fanservice.

Another thing is, PSU was supposed to replace PSO (maybe supposed to is too strong a word...). You can see some evidence of this by Sega removing the PSO servers, and putting so much effort into PSU's (effort, not skill). So, why not make a new game with all the content of an old game?

I enjoy the fanservice, basically. I'd prefer it if they would make new areas that blow the PSO areas out of the water, but what are the chances of that happening? The PSO theme won't completely overthrow the PSU environment, as it's only being seen as isolated missions, and rare fanservice missions.

LLSmoothJ
Apr 19, 2008, 09:02 PM
After thinking about it, I picked "Other"

And by "Other" I mean "Don't care that they are PSO areas!" New missions are always a good thing.

SonicTMP
Apr 19, 2008, 09:04 PM
It's nice to see the old areas from the first addiction make their way into the new updated gaphics. While I am among the group who are meh it's not done is pso style it's not a big deal. It's a pso theme done in the psu style. Now if onyl they would of put in more of the older monsters it be ngreat.

Kylie
Apr 19, 2008, 09:26 PM
I don't care about PSO, I just want more stuff.

I guess that fits me best since I didn't play PSO.

Well, besides today for like five minutes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KiteWolfwood
Apr 19, 2008, 09:39 PM
Personally I would love to see all of the old PSO stages in PSU. I mean seriously why not? More stages for us and more weapons.

Katrina
Apr 19, 2008, 09:55 PM
I haven't played PSO, but I'm very much looking forward to the new blocks.

Zarode
Apr 19, 2008, 11:00 PM
Mm. Good memories, basically. So I look forward to this. I'm kind of hoping for Ep2 areas in the next expansion, though most non PSO players will just whine about "unoriginal content" or something of the extent.

ST couldn't come up with a good original area even if we held a gun up to their head. Note: Most of PSU.

fayt6
Apr 19, 2008, 11:05 PM
i think its awsome that the pso areas are returning =)

fayt6
Apr 19, 2008, 11:08 PM
seeing as sonic team is going to be remaking all of the old pso areas wich kicks ass btw

now my thought comes in if they are remaking all of the old areas n pso episode 1

what about pso episode 2? i mean who wouldnt want to redo those lvls agin? ya know maybe it will be this summers event lol

ashley50
Apr 19, 2008, 11:17 PM
Uhm NOT all areas...

fayt6
Apr 19, 2008, 11:20 PM
ok granted i hated that area with the monkeys the cliff 1 u know? but seabed lvl were u fight olgaflow was kick fucking ass lol

Gunslinger-08
Apr 19, 2008, 11:31 PM
If such turns out in this way, I demand Gal Gryphon as a boss. Not as a reskin, but as he was in all his glory.

fayt6
Apr 19, 2008, 11:34 PM
On 2008-04-19 21:31, Gunslinger-08 wrote:
If such turns out in this way, I demand Gal Gryphon as a boss. Not as a reskin, but as he was in all his glory.

agreed gal gryphon is pertty kickass

hiraisho
Apr 19, 2008, 11:54 PM
I do enjoy that the old PSO levels are being implemented but I don't think we need ALL of the levels. Though I do agree that a Gal Gryphon type boss in PSU would be an interesting fight, then again I can also see it being as annoying as Dimmagolus

fayt6
Apr 19, 2008, 11:57 PM
On 2008-04-19 21:54, hiraisho wrote:
I do enjoy that the old PSO levels are being implemented but I don't think we need ALL of the levels. Though I do agree that a Gal Gryphon type boss in PSU would be an interesting fight, then again I can also see it being as annoying as Dimmagolus

agreed that would be annoying lol but a shit load of fun =P that an fighting olgaflow its like fighting a sulvates but like 5times bigger an stronger then goku =P

Zorafim
Apr 20, 2008, 12:40 AM
On 2008-04-19 19:39, KiteWolfwood wrote:
Personally I would love to see all of the old PSO stages in PSU. I mean seriously why not? More stages for us and more weapons.

Mm, I think we have enough PSO with everything we have now. Maybe more PSO weapons, but the stages are satisfying. Before I see new PSO items, I'd rather see genesis PS stages and the like. PCs of old characters, some of the dams or temples, perhaps an air castle remake.
The problem with this is, seeing it a remake of these won't be the same as seeing a remake of PSO things, due to it originally being in 2D. I guess, then, I'd be satisfied with song remakes and partner cards of the 2D characters, one of which I pretty much already have...

Man, playing PSIV really has an impact in my thought process...

lokey013
Apr 20, 2008, 12:43 AM
Kinda nice to see the PSO levels again....definitely good nostalgia for me...^_^...wish they had all the old FOmar outfits though...

Ibuka
Apr 20, 2008, 05:44 AM
I'm ok with the idea of bringing PSO Ep1 stages back. Not amazed by it since i played them for like 5 or 6 years x.x
But im ok. Plus they won't be the same as PSO so might be good. But i see my self playing the Mines to death like i did back in PSO if there was no Ep2,4 and Yes even 3 games up.

Ryosuke_Kura
Apr 20, 2008, 05:56 AM
I think its ok for Sega to be bringing back the PSO levels.
I didn't play PSO when it was released on the Dreamcast or Gamecube.
So this event for me is just a little look into the past.

DavidNel
Apr 20, 2008, 06:08 AM
I like that Sega is bringing back the old PSO levels. However, I voted IDRC, because I really don't. It's nice to have the levels, as would it be to have ANYTHING new at this point. The one level I'm actually glad they added was the Mines. I *heart* the mines....

Nirvash7
Apr 20, 2008, 07:33 AM
I'm all for old PSO ares returning. Better than getting Hive and Relic reskinned missions like we've been getting.

Middle
Apr 20, 2008, 08:48 AM
PSO FTW

-Tidus_415-
Apr 20, 2008, 11:25 AM
I would of liked them if their drops didnt suck (except falz)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2008-04-20 09:26 ]</font>

furrypaws
Apr 20, 2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I guess I was a little misinformed. My mistake. Even still, there are some who may not want them at all (for some unknown reason).

Whatever they do, 350%+ EXP works for me. =3

trentjosh
Apr 20, 2008, 11:58 AM
im happy about it but i think i might be more happy to make my characters their true pso selfs with the clothes x3

Alamar
Apr 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
old pso levels should have the old monsters. Hey at least they won't be reskins!

MaRKiS
Apr 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
Every new addition is welcomed. What could be better than oldschool areas?

MountainLynx
Apr 20, 2008, 12:16 PM
Any increase in variety to this game is a welcome addition, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, once the associated event is over, I foresee people going back to White Beast...

ghostmachine
Apr 20, 2008, 12:19 PM
i dont care what they bring to psu i just wish ppl wouldnt spam the same stuff all the time

ps new stuff is good

Alamar
Apr 20, 2008, 12:38 PM
It is funny how the players on here are like Bees. They gather around one flower until its tapped of all necter t then move on the the next one. What makes it worse is almost EVERYONE is running it too.
what is there 36 missions or so and most of the players hang around one run? Then wonder why they are bored lol never did make any sense to me.
They are not into playing the game to play it. All about the stats. Which is NOT the main reason to play it suppose to be fun. Running for stats or weapons all the time makes it seem like a job.

SonicTMP
Apr 20, 2008, 01:32 PM
On 2008-04-20 10:38, Alamar wrote:
It is funny how the players on here are like Bees. They gather around one flower until its tapped of all necter t then move on the the next one. What makes it worse is almost EVERYONE is running it too.
what is there 36 missions or so and most of the players hang around one run? Then wonder why they are bored lol never did make any sense to me.
They are not into playing the game to play it. All about the stats. Which is NOT the main reason to play it suppose to be fun. Running for stats or weapons all the time makes it seem like a job.

What I don't get is why all the complainers have a hivemind.

The mission system, sucks. Why run a pre-aoti map that gives 1/30th the exp/meseta/mp of the current stuff? It wasn't really fun back at the 60 cap when I quit, when it took like 2-3 days to gain a single level? Not fun at all.

Small community doesn't help much either. Sure egg, HSM and bruce give better/different stuff but finding a group if you're loner or duo for that stuff can be fustrating. You know, not fun?

While it sucks everyone might be hovering around the same flower, at least everyone can join in as they please and the flower has lots to give.

xRedd206x
Apr 20, 2008, 01:33 PM
I want episode 2 maps

Thela
Apr 20, 2008, 01:45 PM
Better than nothing is really the kindest thing I can say. So I'll go with that.