PDA

View Full Version : Zombies are real

enoch
Apr 21, 2008, 09:14 AM
not in the way your thinking though, kinda intersting, in Haiti history, zombies are present.
But they werent the walikng dead. these so called high priests, would give the victim poison from a pufferfish, putting them into a near death state. then once they were buried, they would be dug up, givin a DIFFERENT poison, that gave them sever memory loss, efectivelly making them "zombies"

I read this on wiki, so it may not be correct, I think its kinda hard to stay alive after your buried, doesnt the coffin break?

RikaPSOW
Apr 21, 2008, 10:00 AM
omg zombies are real. -runs and hides- (i'm kidding)

DEM_CIG
Apr 21, 2008, 10:17 AM
LOL wikipedia...

granis1233
Apr 21, 2008, 10:53 AM
so shoude i run and hide

enoch
Apr 21, 2008, 11:10 AM
o.o yes

I guess wiki was a bad place to look up zombies lol, but I had to do a research paper on them so ftw

ABDUR101
Apr 21, 2008, 11:33 AM
It's true, its been on Discovery Channel or Animal Planet about it. I knew about that years ago though, interesting anyway.

And why bash wikipedia? Aslong as you're not taking it as 'lollllererelle gospel' who gives a shit?

enoch
Apr 21, 2008, 12:53 PM
lol i guess Im just bashing myself for using it so much. everyone I know sais its not dependable. but Damn once I start reading an artcle...it leads to another...and another...and anotehr

god im a nerd

TheOneHero
Apr 21, 2008, 12:56 PM
There's this thing, called a citation.

I use those all the time when using Wikipedia, like any other encyclopedia. Use those, then when people tell you it's not dependable, tell them to stuff it. >D

On topic:

I had no idea about this and find it totally interesting, I'm gonna have to read about it in my free time. XD

enoch
Apr 21, 2008, 01:03 PM
;o just go to wiki and type in zombie

VanHalen
Apr 21, 2008, 01:08 PM
On 2008-04-21 08:17, DEM_CIG wrote:
LOL wikipedia...

It's actually true. I read it in a book once about weird facts when I was in elementary school. Also talking to some Haitians about it they used to tell me stories about them as well.

Kylie
Apr 21, 2008, 04:40 PM
Sounds more like brain dead, than undead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

ABDUR101
Apr 21, 2008, 04:51 PM
On 2008-04-21 14:40, Kylie wrote:
Sounds more like brain dead, than undead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

It's definitely not undeath by any stretch, but if you're a superstitious villager and a relative you just buried is walking around and doesn't remember anything, a zombie is the best you can describe what you're seeing.

Sord
Apr 21, 2008, 05:30 PM
i read about this several years ago, and I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Then Discovery Channel did something on it a year or so later, which more or less confirmed it for me.

enoch
Apr 21, 2008, 05:47 PM
lol braindead, that pretty much somes it up.
did you hear about the person recovered? they actually got her to remember her memory
after being "zombiefied"

Shadowpawn
Apr 21, 2008, 10:26 PM
On 2008-04-21 10:56, TheOneHero wrote:
There's this thing, called a citation.

Some of those cites aren't reliable. I'll followed some that had very little information correlating to article on wiki.