PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Masterforces, Whats going to happen to your buffs/rest

chaoskila
Apr 21, 2008, 02:32 PM
with the new masterforce class coming close what are you going to do with your buffs.

Inazuma
Apr 21, 2008, 02:44 PM
there are only 34 PAs total that MF can use, so you mite as well leave them on the PA list. if you forget to restock on buff items and run out during a mission, they mite come in handy.

Zarode
Apr 21, 2008, 02:46 PM
Throw 'em on an AT character, or just leave them there.

DEM_CIG
Apr 21, 2008, 02:47 PM
Leave them on my character, I am staying arco for the most part.

chaoskila
Apr 21, 2008, 02:51 PM
i made a guntecher just for the buffs ;_; thats a bad guntecher

RemiusTA
Apr 21, 2008, 02:57 PM
On 2008-04-21 12:44, Inazuma wrote:
there are only 34 PAs total that MF can use

...Only?

Syanaide
Apr 21, 2008, 03:04 PM
On 2008-04-21 12:57, RemiusTA wrote:

On 2008-04-21 12:44, Inazuma wrote:
there are only 34 PAs total that MF can use

...Only?

Hint: PAs.

This includes Bullets and Skills.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Syanaide on 2008-04-21 13:04 ]</font>

stukasa
Apr 21, 2008, 03:11 PM
I'm going to leave Giresta and Reverser on my character and probably convert my buffs to disc and put them in storage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stukasa on 2008-04-21 13:52 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Apr 21, 2008, 03:22 PM
Staying Acrotecher. Lv50 buffs > Lv50 attack spells.

Edit: To show my opinion and not be like a "tell-to" post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2008-04-21 13:23 ]</font>

mvffin
Apr 21, 2008, 03:22 PM
IF they make MF better and I do decide to switch over, I would still leave Resta/Giresta/Reverser on my pallet, put them on the same rod just for the tiny damge boost of regrant. I'd have one rod of each element on my pallet. = P

Seority
Apr 21, 2008, 03:23 PM
LOL. GO LVL 41 SHIFTA! (Still lvl3 buffs)
I wonder what the effect will be, because that's the only thing that's gonna change, and I think some fighmasters would love to do extra damage with their sped up attacks. I can still be highly wanted and loved with my buffs :3

Dragwind
Apr 21, 2008, 03:24 PM
When I play MF, I'll just put the buff and debuff disks back into storage.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 21, 2008, 03:26 PM
On 2008-04-21 13:23, Seority wrote:
LOL. GO LVL 41 SHIFTA! (Still lvl3 buffs)
I wonder what the effect will be, because that's the only thing that's gonna change, and I think some fighmasters would love to do extra damage with their sped up attacks. I can still be highly wanted and loved with my buffs :3

Uh what? Sure you aren't mistaking Offline with Online?

Buffs work this way:
Lv01-10; boost 10%; time 2min
Lv11-20; boost 15%; time 3min
Lv21-30; boost 20%; time 4min
Lv31-40; boost 25%; time 5min
Lv41-50; boost 30%; time 6min

Lighthero
Apr 21, 2008, 03:46 PM
Use them, sincei change between techeings classes 41 techs should be nice to use. Even if you can't use it with all the jobs.

Kylie
Apr 21, 2008, 04:35 PM
All of my arts are for grabs with any of my characters, so they'll prolly just go into someone's PM until I need to use one.

Libram
Apr 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
I'm with Kylie on this one.

Indica
Apr 21, 2008, 05:56 PM
I predict Sega will fix Masterforce when S3 maps come out

fayt6
Apr 21, 2008, 06:03 PM
lol i got lvl 2 buffs so....yes i will use them

chaoskila
Apr 21, 2008, 06:31 PM
oki what im hearing is that you will use buffs and resta even at lvl 10????!!!?!
so you are willing to give up 2 spaces on your pallete for 2 useless things you will never use becuzse there WILL be a acrotecher in that party

stukasa
Apr 21, 2008, 06:46 PM
On 2008-04-21 16:31, chaoskila wrote:
oki what im hearing is that you will use buffs and resta even at lvl 10????!!!?!
so you are willing to give up 2 spaces on your pallete for 2 useless things you will never use becuzse there WILL be a acrotecher in that party

Buffs, no. I'll stick to items for that. Resta won't have much range but you can at least heal yourself and anyone nearby if you want to cut down on Dimate/Trimate costs. And Reverser works just as well at level 1 as it does at level 50 (again, range is the biggest issue).

I usually play in small parties where I'm the only techer. I don't always have the luxury of having an AT babysitter to buff and heal me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sasamichan
Apr 22, 2008, 06:47 AM
I never used any techs on GT pre-AoI days, and if I decide on trying MF, my support techs are laying dormant on my character.

relentless
Apr 22, 2008, 07:54 AM
I'll leave them on my PA list. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Perhaps I may even lvl them to 50 with AT first and then change back to MF for the lulz, haha.
Btw. putting them back into discs to store is just wasting space, you don't really waste any space if you leave them on the list, and you won't be able to fill it up to anyways since we're only able to use 34/36 PAs altogether.

It is an excuse but a fact at the same time, people shouldn't depend on a MF's buffs, especially if you have item buffs yourself (then you don't even want to be buffed haha).
I will just use item buffs myself, I will still use a Wand for Giresta/Reverser though. Resta is pretty much useless at 10, you have Star Atomizers and -mates.
Giresta saves up that palette space for moon Atomizer and don't need to go to the menu to use it, or you can even leave it out completely.
Giresta > Resta
And well, same with Reverser, sometimes it's better or faster to use Reverser than use a Sol Atomizer, and you don't have infinite amounts of them, too.

About the "wasting 2 palette spaces":
I mean, it's the best to use all 6 palette slots, but there's no real need for all of them, so might as well use one slot for buffs IF you're going to use them which I won't, but I don't say it shouldn't be used in general, it's my own opinion on that one, but well, "You use, because you can". xD
And the weapon choice of a MF will be very limited anyways (not like fT had a big variety to begin with)
so I don't think you will have tow orry about palette space, and there's no need to use a lot of different TECHs per mission, too.

amtalx
Apr 22, 2008, 08:04 AM
Keep your buffs to yourself...I'll take your Mono-Resta though.

relentless
Apr 22, 2008, 08:08 AM
On 2008-04-22 06:04, amtalx wrote:
Keep your buffs to yourself...I'll take your Mono-Resta though.

I'm gonna Star Atomize you to hell instead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Minamo
Apr 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
Anyway, I am stilling using resta and regen before I have to heal my PM.

zandra117
Apr 22, 2008, 10:24 AM
Star Atomizers and Trimates, leave the Resta to the ATs. lvl 10 resta doesnt heal enough.
I'll leave it on my PA list. I will keep GiResta though, I can use it to revive my team.

As a MasterForce I'll probably have a support Tech-Mag that only has Reverser + GiResta. So I dont have to buy Sols and Moons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2008-04-22 08:29 ]</font>

Inazuma
Apr 22, 2008, 12:03 PM
On 2008-04-22 05:54, SeKaI wrote:
I'll leave them on my PA list. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Perhaps I may even lvl them to 50 with AT first and then change back to MF for the lulz, haha.
Btw. putting them back into discs to store is just wasting space, you don't really waste any space if you leave them on the list, and you won't be able to fill it up to anyways since we're only able to use 34/36 PAs altogether.

It is an excuse but a fact at the same time, people shouldn't depend on a MF's buffs, especially if you have item buffs yourself (then you don't even want to be buffed haha).
I will just use item buffs myself, I will still use a Wand for Giresta/Reverser though. Resta is pretty much useless at 10, you have Star Atomizers and -mates.
Giresta saves up that palette space for moon Atomizer and don't need to go to the menu to use it, or you can even leave it out completely.
Giresta > Resta
And well, same with Reverser, sometimes it's better or faster to use Reverser than use a Sol Atomizer, and you don't have infinite amounts of them, too.

About the "wasting 2 palette spaces":
I mean, it's the best to use all 6 palette slots, but there's no real need for all of them, so might as well use one slot for buffs IF you're going to use them which I won't, but I don't say it shouldn't be used in general, it's my own opinion on that one, but well, "You use, because you can". xD
And the weapon choice of a MF will be very limited anyways (not like fT had a big variety to begin with)
so I don't think you will have tow orry about palette space, and there's no need to use a lot of different TECHs per mission, too.

the only time you want to use giresta is if no one else has a higher level than you. you dont wanna overwrite the HP regen w/ a lv 1. resta is still very useful.

you will need all 6 palette slots too. hell, 6 isnt good enough.
it could easily take up to 3 palette slots just for 1 element of techs.

- pwand w/ all 4 fire techs on it, but you will only use it for damufoie
- puushan w/ foie & rafoie
- puushan w/ foie & gifoie

well that would be ideal but usually there isnt enough palette space to go around.

chaoskila
Apr 22, 2008, 12:13 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/aznveitboi/Picture.jpg[/spoiler-box]
lol kinda blury but it says "So must people are going to use LV 10 support..."

relentless
Apr 22, 2008, 01:18 PM
On 2008-04-22 10:03, Inazuma wrote:
the only time you want to use giresta is if no one else has a higher level than you. you dont wanna overwrite the HP regen w/ a lv 1. resta is still very useful.

you will need all 6 palette slots too. hell, 6 isnt good enough.
it could easily take up to 3 palette slots just for 1 element of techs.

- pwand w/ all 4 fire techs on it, but you will only use it for damufoie
- puushan w/ foie & rafoie
- puushan w/ foie & gifoie

well that would be ideal but usually there isnt enough palette space to go around.

Well, in my case, I would only use Giresta if someone died without Scape Dolls. lol Actually I didn't really pay attention to the HP regen, you got a point there I guess. As stated before, I'd use Star Atomizers to heal others if really necessary or well, people can heal theirselves, too. I'm not sure if Resta will be used a lot as Masterforce as I haven't actually played as one yet and I have been taking a break from the game and haven't returned yet.

And okay, I exaggerated it maybe, but my point was that you wouldn't "waste palette space" by using buffs and heals IF you're going to use them at all.
There's no rule as to what you have to use and what not.
And my ideal palette would look like this (let's not look at the items theirselves and compare Dori to Pushan etc. since we don't have them yet):

Psycho Wand (attack)
Dori (attack)
Dori (attack)
Dori (attack)
Dori (attack)
Dori + Tesbra (attack + Giresta/Reverser for revival and certain SE situations)

I didn't write specific TECHNICs of course since it always changes and there are no such patterns for TECHs to set up, but I think being able to attach 14 attack TECHs and 2 support TECHs is more than enough. The variety between the individual elements may be big enough to fill all of those slots, but it's not like you're running out of space in any way, at least I never really experienced something like it.

@chaoskila
You win. <3 Teach me how to draw!xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2008-04-22 11:19 ]</font>

_K1_
Apr 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
Put them on my Newman Guntecher, who currently has crappy buffs/heals from when GT only had level 10 techs. Though she will probably just be Gunmaster anyway, so I guess my 31+ buffs, resta, and reverser will go in storage.

Honestly, I never liked being the healer. Masterforce is the FO class I've been wanting since the beginning. Mind you, I try to keep everyone buffed and healed as a matter of course, but it was never the main appeal of the class for me personally.

chaoskila
Apr 22, 2008, 08:55 PM
On 2008-04-22 18:46, _K1_ wrote:
Put them on my Newman Guntecher, who currently has crappy buffs/heals from when GT only had level 10 techs. Though she will probably just be Gunmaster anyway, so I guess my 31+ buffs, resta, and reverser will go in storage.

Honestly, I never liked being the healer. Masterforce is the FO class I've been wanting since the beginning. Mind you, I try to keep everyone buffed and healed as a matter of course, but it was never the main appeal of the class for me personally.

lol i put my buffs on a cast guntecher and she only can heal 500 XDD

MSAksion
Apr 23, 2008, 04:20 PM
I already share my 2 sets of Buffs and Healing spells between my FoNewearl FT and my RaMarl GT.

When my FT goes WT mode i borrow my GT's fledgling spells since WT support is still lvl 20. While i do that i let my GT handle my lvl 21+ Buffs & debuffs.

Kion
Apr 23, 2008, 05:35 PM
i'm sure you're party isn't going to appretiate gimped buffs, or for that matter; stick around close enough to recieve them. retier and zodial are the only two buff worth keeping for yourself. resta will be interesting to see. i wonder if the class has enough Tp to warrent its use, or if MF's will start bitcing for resta like FF's used to. Carry some trimates just in case.

Isn't FT getting level 40 buffs? 40 buffs + 40 attack tech sounds pretty sweet. Is anyone taking the middle ground or is everyone strictly a support or attack style techer?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2008-04-23 15:37 ]</font>

Inazuma
Apr 23, 2008, 06:26 PM
On 2008-04-23 15:35, Kion wrote:
i'm sure you're party isn't going to appretiate gimped buffs, or for that matter; stick around close enough to recieve them. retier and zodial are the only two buff worth keeping for yourself. resta will be interesting to see. i wonder if the class has enough Tp to warrent its use, or if MF's will start bitcing for resta like FF's used to. Carry some trimates just in case.

Isn't FT getting level 40 buffs? 40 buffs + 40 attack tech sounds pretty sweet. Is anyone taking the middle ground or is everyone strictly a support or attack style techer?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2008-04-23 15:37 ]</font>

MF can use items so they are better off using those instead of their lv 1 buffs.

resta is decent but you mite have some trouble healing players w/ very high HP, such as beast and cast FMs. it should be enough to heal yourself to full every time at least.

tAKt
Apr 23, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'll probably just return my buff's back to disc's and put them in my bot and just buy npc buff's/trimates/dimates en mass. Of course there probably will be party's where people will be like "Wth your a techer why dont you buff us?" and I'll simply just tell them,"Do you really want a level one buff?"

Powder Keg
Apr 23, 2008, 06:52 PM
Mine are just going to go into Storage.

Down the road, I plan on making a 4th character (Female human or beast, haven't decided yet) and she will most likely be a Guntecher using mostly supports.

chaoskila
Apr 23, 2008, 07:17 PM
oki this is very bad...
On the day MF comes out... i will attend a requiem mass of my support techniques

requiem
noun
1. a song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person

PLease Rest In Piece
Shifta deband zondial retier resta reverser and giresta
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

SuperChoco
Apr 23, 2008, 08:28 PM
Turn my resta into megiverse:)

Shinko
Apr 23, 2008, 09:07 PM
On 2008-04-21 13:22, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Staying Acrotecher. Lv50 buffs > Lv50 attack spells.

Edit: To show my opinion and not be like a "tell-to" post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2008-04-21 13:23 ]</font>

couldn't of said it better myself

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinko on 2008-04-23 19:10 ]</font>

lilswtaznboi
Apr 23, 2008, 10:04 PM
I really enjoy your um...sig Shinko ^3^ lol

Shinko
Apr 23, 2008, 10:16 PM
On 2008-04-23 20:04, lilswtaznboi wrote:
I really enjoy your um...sig Shinko ^3^ lol

lol i know you do. who doesn't?