View Full Version : PSO-XBox: why is it being shut down

hotncute69
Apr 21, 2008, 09:38 PM
why is pso for xbx being shut down for?
pls help me w/ this issue
id really love to know and need help

Ketchup345
Apr 21, 2008, 10:35 PM
It was not maintained at all (and don't bother trying to figure out whose fault that was, both sides point at the other; it was stuck in Christmas), and it likely wasn't bringing in enough money to be worth keeping up. Plus it may be a move to try and encourage people to move to PSU.

furrypaws
Apr 22, 2008, 07:25 AM
I'm pretty sure they shut down the PSO GCN servers for PSU publicity, so that's not out of the question. I even think on of my friends said that when she tried to start her account up again, it wouldn't let her (of course) and told her to go try PSU.

Pballer42
Apr 22, 2008, 08:42 AM
sonic team is tryin to get people to move on i guess

enoch
Apr 22, 2008, 09:13 AM
u.u inb4lock..........sonic team only cares about cash, and pso isnt cash anymore

Azuma
Apr 22, 2008, 11:46 AM
u.u inb4lock..........sonic team only cares about cash, and pso isnt cash anymore

The primary goal for most companies is to make money, so that's not exactly a fair comment. =P

enoch
Apr 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
;o but a true one. maybe we need a gamers union lol

Pballer42
Apr 22, 2008, 09:56 PM
yea i wish sonic team would take a cash hit to bring pso back to 360.....

RikaPSOW
Apr 22, 2008, 10:09 PM
They're probably shutting it down because there's not much of a population. Also they may not of relized it was operational to begin with. (as in they forgot about it) Well that's what I think anyway.

Cranberry
Apr 23, 2008, 12:39 PM
As someone said on another forum: "Microsoft must have finally noticed that PSO server sitting in the corner surrounded by Halo servers."

X-Box PSO hasn't received a single update in at least 2 years, probably longer. I'm guessing its being shut down now because they finally noticed it was still on.

SStrikerR
Apr 23, 2008, 04:11 PM
They didn't shut down the gcn for psu publicity. If they wanted publicity for psu they'd advertise it. And rikapsow, wrong. If you combined the pso private servers there would be more pso players than the ps2/pc servers of psu.

GuardianElite
Apr 23, 2008, 04:15 PM
On 2008-04-23 14:11, Ryan113 wrote:
They didn't shut down the gcn for psu publicity. If they wanted publicity for psu they'd advertise it. And rikapsow, wrong. If you combined the pso private servers there would be more pso players than the ps2/pc servers of psu.

rikapsow talking about the official servers not private servers. hence, hardly no population

SStrikerR
Apr 23, 2008, 04:17 PM
He did not specify what servers he was talking about, and he could've been referring to the general population of GC players. So he's wrong unless he's talking ONLY about how the official servers were near the end.

GuardianElite
Apr 23, 2008, 04:35 PM
On 2008-04-23 14:17, Ryan113 wrote:
He did not specify what servers he was talking about, and he could've been referring to the general population of GC players. So he's wrong unless he's talking ONLY about how the official servers were near the end.

He said "They" probably shutting it down which implies the official servers. They as in SEGA

RemiusTA
Apr 23, 2008, 11:22 PM
PSO is outdated, plain and simple. Its a game that will stick with the people whom it hooked during its short lifespan, but it completely, COMPLETELY lacks the ability to hook any new members, which is why its being shut down.

It was dead weight.

SStrikerR
Apr 24, 2008, 07:06 PM
On 2008-04-23 21:22, RemiusTA wrote:
PSO is outdated, plain and simple. Its a game that will stick with the people whom it hooked during its short lifespan, but it completely, COMPLETELY lacks the ability to hook any new members, which is why its being shut down.

It was dead weight.

Bullshit.

AlexCraig
Apr 24, 2008, 07:09 PM
On 2008-04-24 17:06, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2008-04-23 21:22, RemiusTA wrote:

It was dead weight.

Bullshit.

My sentiments exactly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif