PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting off for the first time today...What missions an

sscaff1
Apr 22, 2008, 04:20 PM
I did the tutorial mission and then I did one mission alone. I would really like to team up with people though rather than run around by myself. Can you guys give me some advice on what missions to try to do next that way I can get a party.

-Tidus_415-
Apr 22, 2008, 04:24 PM
Go to planet neudaiz and look for the mission counter that has "Sacred Stream". Once you beat that mission you'll end up in the lobby called "Pavilion of Air: Top". Everybody in the game is in this lobby. Just do the mission in there called "White Beast" until you get bored. Meseta, MP, and EXP is all there.

garjian
Apr 22, 2008, 04:24 PM
that depends... if you have the expansion and want to be bored stupid but level up faster then do white beast, the mission after the mission from the pavilion of air on nudaiz...

if you prefer some variety do lots of yellow (i.e the expansion missions) mission and explore and stuff.

if you dont have the expansion you wont be able to scrub up a party probably... besides theyre all zombies, all they do is white beast, afk, repeat, sleep.

are you on xbox?

sscaff1
Apr 22, 2008, 04:41 PM
I am on the Xbox and I won't be getting the expansion till 24th (Friday). My Credit Card statement expires - I want it to go on my next months bill. So what do I do without the expansion. Right now I'm just running around the main city just partying with people who are like level 60 and kill everything in 2 seconds.

garjian
Apr 22, 2008, 04:43 PM
well people used to do her secret mission but you need four people who know it and that wont come that easy cause noone will do it now anyways........... so hmm id say ragnus missions maybe perhaps true darkness

normally id probably help (or @#!% since im on a psu forum) but im busy and tired-ish

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garjian on 2008-04-22 14:45 ]</font>

garjian
Apr 22, 2008, 04:50 PM
best advice ever... do nothing, get the expansion before friday and do MAG youll probably get boosted exp and money and all that stuffs, so...

-Tidus_415-
Apr 22, 2008, 04:51 PM
You can try True Darkness, Sleeping Warriors or Plains Overlord. Other than that...Im not sure what else you can do without the expansion.

DEM_CIG
Apr 22, 2008, 04:52 PM
U can Always try Dual Sential... I use to run that mission all the time.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 22, 2008, 04:58 PM
Without AoI, I recommend Raffon Field Base's De Ragan mission; I can't remember the name right now though.

garjian
Apr 22, 2008, 05:07 PM
whats your character called? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GaNksTa
Apr 22, 2008, 05:08 PM
If you can't find anything to do on V1 you can go to your local 7-eleven er whatever and buy one of the MSPoint cards they sell there if you have cash.. that way those extra few bucks won't show up on your cc.

sscaff1
Apr 22, 2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. Is there anything else I should know? Like some classes/races better than others?

Turb0
Apr 22, 2008, 06:02 PM
Well in general Beasts specialize in attack power, so they would be "best" for melee classes. Casts specialize in accuracy but still have pretty decent attack power, so they would be "best" for gunner classes. Newmans specialize in tech so they would be "best" for force type classes. Humans are "good all around" and they can do all classes fairly well, but I never saw the point. If you want to switch classes, that's what multiple characters are for, why not pick the race that specializes in the kind of class you want? (imo)

While these are what's intended to be the best combinations, you can really do whatever you want now, because once you level up you'll be killing everything fast no matter which class/race you are.

Also noteworthy, is the race-specific...um...abilities. Beasts can nanoblast (aka "beast mode") from level 20+ and Casts can use SUVs from 20+. Neither newmans nor humans get anything like these.

Miyuki
Apr 22, 2008, 06:10 PM
Certain races get stat boost for specific classes as well. In the big picture, these boosts are minimal, and shouldn't really affect how you choose to play. As far as classes go, best to start by picking whatever fits your play style. If you like double sabers or twin sabers, go hunter and ranger > FiGunner. If you like techs, go with force > forteTecher or acrotecher.
For overview:
http://psupedia.info/Types

sscaff1
Apr 23, 2008, 02:03 PM
Where is Clyez City? Also where is Space Dock? I was going to take the advice and try to run True Darkness today. That way I can level some before friday...

Anduril
Apr 23, 2008, 02:05 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:03, sscaff1 wrote:
Where is Clyez City? Also where is Space Dock? I was going to take the advice and try to run True Darkness today. That way I can level some before friday...

Clyez City is the Gaurdian's Colony. The Space dock is directly opposite of the Parum transport on Clyez City 4th Floor.

sscaff1
Apr 23, 2008, 02:22 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:05, Anduril wrote:

On 2008-04-23 12:03, sscaff1 wrote:

Clyez City is the Gaurdian's Colony. The Space dock is directly opposite of the Parum transport on Clyez City 4th Floor.

Thank you very much. The game might be different but the community I can already tell is just as accepting and nice as ever.

Thela
Apr 23, 2008, 02:31 PM
The levelling in Maximum Attack G will be so fast that until Friday, you might as well focus on familiarizing yourself with the game, experimenting with different types and all the rest of it. There is no level requirement for Maximum Attack G at C-rank, so you should be able to find parties you can level with.

panzer_unit
Apr 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
People might be spamming C-rank event for cheesy kills, you might be able to tag along. Get good with a handgun so you can hit things once for XP.