PDA

View Full Version : WHat the hell? Rare monsters drop junk?

llxerollenyce
Jan 20, 2003, 10:36 PM
Ok me and 3 of my friends were playing pso. During a 13 hour period we have encounter 2....thats right....2 RARE enemies (wtf is this when i played ver.1 for DC i played that game for like a million hours and saw only 5 rare monsters before!). My first encounter was when i first played the game. UNfamiliar with multiplayer, we went to forest and i left the pack of friends. I stumble across a rag rappy and kill it. Then a AL RAPPY appears (blue one) and i was screaming "HOLY SHIT ITS A RARE ENEMY" before i could finish my sentence the rappy pecks at my lvl 1 humar sending him to death. Now i said to myself. HEy i FOUND him, they gonna kill him and take the rare (its probably junk since its on normal) so i returned to the town......BIG MISTAKE...when i came down he was long gone. CRAP. WHat does he drop on normal anyway?

Second encounter we were playing VR ruins (holy cow this stage sucks. HArd badguys, NO exp) Then i see a Red lilly. Iv'e seen this before, but it still got me excited. I believe its called the NAR lilly. So we were poisoned and we didnt have ANY money to buy ANYTHING (For christ sake we were trading monomate and monfluids around). We were running around with 1 hp and the poison effect still upon us. We used the run behind the door so bad guys wont follow technique until we got the NAR lilly weak and into his self destruct mode. I kept telling my friend to go out and run while i kill it but he was too scared to. The lily kills itself and my friend says he dropped a general/arm . my first impression was "WHat the FU**" Did he actaully drop this junk? Rare enemies are pretty common in GC PSO but they drop monkey dunks. I still wanna kill that AL RAPPY tho. Stupid chicken. We shall meet again.

BlueFire2k5
Jan 20, 2003, 10:57 PM
On 2003-01-20 19:36, llxerollenyce wrote:
Ok me and 3 of my friends were playing pso. During a 13 hour period we have encounter 2....thats right....2 RARE enemies (wtf is this when i played ver.1 for DC i played that game for like a million hours and saw only 5 rare monsters before!). My first encounter was when i first played the game. UNfamiliar with multiplayer, we went to forest and i left the pack of friends. I stumble across a rag rappy and kill it. Then a AL RAPPY appears (blue one) and i was screaming "HOLY SHIT ITS A RARE ENEMY" before i could finish my sentence the rappy pecks at my lvl 1 humar sending him to death. Now i said to myself. HEy i FOUND him, they gonna kill him and take the rare (its probably junk since its on normal) so i returned to the town......BIG MISTAKE...when i came down he was long gone. CRAP. WHat does he drop on normal anyway?

Second encounter we were playing VR ruins (holy cow this stage sucks. HArd badguys, NO exp) Then i see a Red lilly. Iv'e seen this before, but it still got me excited. I believe its called the NAR lilly. So we were poisoned and we didnt have ANY money to buy ANYTHING (For christ sake we were trading monomate and monfluids around). We were running around with 1 hp and the poison effect still upon us. We used the run behind the door so bad guys wont follow technique until we got the NAR lilly weak and into his self destruct mode. I kept telling my friend to go out and run while i kill it but he was too scared to. The lily kills itself and my friend says he dropped a general/arm . my first impression was "WHat the FU**" Did he actaully drop this junk? Rare enemies are pretty common in GC PSO but they drop monkey dunks. I still wanna kill that AL RAPPY tho. Stupid chicken. We shall meet again.

Um, you played VH RUINS and found a nar lilly? How does that work?

Al rappy's drop nothing in normal, not even a rare...

Raist
Jan 20, 2003, 11:00 PM
Rare enemies all have set drops, but how often they drop them is a percentage. The drops aren't always going to be good, the rarer the item dropped by the rare creature the lower the drop rate it will have. For example, I mowed through 27 Pal Rappies before I found the 1975 Agito. But if a rare enemy drops a common rare like a Cross Scar or Stag Cutlery the drop rate will be much higher. If you really want to find rare enemies though, the Telepipe trick is your best friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-01-20 20:06 ]</font>

Raist
Jan 20, 2003, 11:03 PM
On 2003-01-20 19:57, BlueFire2k5 wrote:
Um, you played VH RUINS and found a nar lilly? How does that work?

he said VR ruins, and by ruins he probably meant Temple, where you can find Nar Lillies.

Ghaleon
Jan 21, 2003, 02:10 PM
red slime guy in ult caves dropped demolition comet for me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i like it