PDA

View Full Version : Which handgun bullet should I get?

RRBM
Apr 23, 2008, 12:44 AM
This is for my fortefighter. I really don't feel like leveling up all the elemental ones, so which one is more useful, Mayalee or Penetrating?

Right now I'm leaning toward Mayalee, but I want some other opinions before I throw away 60 frags.

Thanks.

-Tidus_415-
Apr 23, 2008, 12:59 AM
Penetrating Hit is a good box opener...and for tagging monsters before they die. Just get Mayalee.

DAMASCUS
Apr 23, 2008, 01:12 AM
Penetrating Hit is super weak and basically useless. Mayalee does good damage and is neutral but with the PP cost and handguns having low PP it makes the lack of ammo frustrating. I would honestly say that dark hit or frozen hit are overall the best choices for handgun rounds IMO

RRBM
Apr 23, 2008, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I noticed that the pp cost is steep for mayalee, but that doesn't matter to me at all. I can afford to use an extra photon charge per run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RRBM on 2008-04-22 23:21 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 23, 2008, 01:42 AM
I'd suggest if you're basically just using it for hitting switches and flying enemies, and you don't want to get elemental ones... don't waste the PA frags either. Just go with a base bullet. Having a handgun is already a vast improvement over half the FF's that play the game. But I'd suggest getting the ice bullet.

THE JACKEL

Rayokarna
Apr 23, 2008, 01:44 AM
Ice and Fire are one of the best IMO.

Kerry157
Apr 23, 2008, 02:37 AM
dont do penetrating because the range is severely reduced on that PA

Dakkon
Apr 23, 2008, 06:50 AM
I personally use all eight on my Fortefighter, but if you don't want to go through all that problem for just circumstantial use just go with:

ˇMayalee Hit:
-Dragon fights, just to double hit the neck while the bastard is flying around.

ˇFrozen Hit:
-Pestering bird types which almost all result to be Fire element (Zoona, Shagreece, Kudetob, Tengoh).
-Jarbas (Just in case you don't feel like meleeing them. Safety or isolation purposes. Example: two Jarbas in the room and you are alone, sharpshoot one of them for 700 per hit and then once the first is done charge safely to the back of the other and focus on him with Bogga Robado or other single target mass damage skill).
-Goshin anti jellen control (if you are shotting while they pop out off the ground they will do it "on guard" and not attacking).
-Onmagoug wings.

ˇPlasma Hit:
-Awoken serpent Zoonas.
-Bul Buna anti jellen control (read above).
-Dimmagolus wings.

Every one of the eight has it's own uses and I think every player should exploit his class and make use of every bit of versatility the class offers to him (even a no brainer like Fortefighter, which isn't true) but those are the main you could care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dakkon on 2008-04-23 04:51 ]</font>

TecherRamen
Apr 23, 2008, 05:55 PM
mayalee and ice. penetrating is good for techers..

dc534
Apr 23, 2008, 08:12 PM
Well as FF you wont really care about spreading SE's otherwise I would reccomend virus and fire, I still reccomend lvling them all up but if you only want to lvl one of them I would go with

fire or ice.

Zorafim
Apr 23, 2008, 08:49 PM
Neither frag PA is worthwhile, from my experience. If there's a group of enemies, simply get out a sword and slice through them all. If you need help, use a recovery item. I can't think of a single reason to use them over elemental bullets, since the use for handguns is against a single enemy.

That being said, you'll want one for each enemy you'll use it against. Ice is good against fire elemental bosses and flying common enemies. Against flying enemies, fire is the most common element, so you'll definitely want the ice bullet. Beyond that, there are very few enemies in which you'll prefer using guns to blades, so until you're ready to level more bullets, ice is fine.
Beyond ice, thunder is good against Moatoob's Onmagaug (hell if I know its name). Ground is good for silencing enemies, and you'll probably not enjoy spells as a fortefighter. Ground is also good for damage, since it gets that extra 5%.

Another thing, lv11 should be high enough to level them. You get the status and elemental boost, that should be enough. The extra damage is nice if you want to go the whole nine yards, but that's up to you.

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 23, 2008, 08:52 PM
Actually, Mayalee hits two targets.