PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: MAG Leaderboards?

Delete
Apr 23, 2008, 08:01 AM
So i just read that there will be leaderboards and i must say that its dissapointing news. I, like many others, have a job now and i dont have all that free time like some others do who can just sit down and play for 10 hours. Plus its the top 500, even if i try i wont make it, i mean GTA 4 comes out on the 29th, so theres no way. It should of been if you cooperate at all, you get one in the end. But i guess some things are too much to ask for.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Kinako78
Apr 23, 2008, 08:50 AM
If it's like PSO's Spread Needle, 500 is more then enough to have floating around the servers. I would hope that it won't be as cheap as PSO's, though.

amtalx
Apr 23, 2008, 09:13 AM
Asking to have a 13* weapon that is significantly stronger than any other weapon of its type is asking too much. There are tons of goodies that you can get without having to be on the leader boards. Besides, it probably wont be as hard to get on as people think.

str898mustang
Apr 23, 2008, 09:20 AM
3/4 of the spread needles will be on the 360 server.

panzer_unit
Apr 23, 2008, 09:34 AM
Dammit I'm gonna burn midnight oil trying to get on the board and get Spread Needle.

chaostroop3
Apr 23, 2008, 01:51 PM
i will have 300 millon kills

Anduril
Apr 23, 2008, 01:53 PM
So, I can now say that I will try my best not to get on the leaderboard. I don't want people shoot me evil eyes, or boot me. Or even to know me and my charcters. I must stay hidden in the shadows of obscurity.

R2D6battlebot
Apr 23, 2008, 02:10 PM
I dont understand why people complain about this. Seriously, some items in the game are meant to be rare, thats whats fun in having them. If you dont have time to play enough then maybe you should have thought about it before you decided to invest your time in an online RPG. Honestly, when will people stop bitching? I know a TON of people dont want just another Song for Death floating around, just some meaningless participation award. And the thinkg people dont think about is that personal competition is WAY more effective at getting people to actually participate at all, which means without a leaderboard we would end up making far fewer points than we will WITH the leaderboards. Quit bitching and get over it, do like everyone else and play the event to get as much as you possibly can, obviously people with fewer time constraints would end up being more profitable either way.

Delete
Apr 23, 2008, 02:12 PM
3/4 of the spread needles will be on the 360 server

My point exactly, theres like over 80,000 360 players and about 70,000 probably still play this game. 500 is kinda small compared to those numbers.

Anduril
Apr 23, 2008, 02:15 PM
Well the JPN servers have several times that number in population, and it did seem to work well with them. At least the Spread Needle will be worth something, unlike the Song For Death.
At most at any one time we'll probably have 4000 players, since each Universe Star is about 200 people. I'm taking inot account those that don't play on the more populated Universes and the fact that dudirng Events the Population shoots up to nearly 3 full Unis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-04-23 12:18 ]</font>

Miyuki
Apr 23, 2008, 02:15 PM
That's still about 300-400 total on 360 server, so if you don't end up on the leaderboard, buying one might still be a possibility. My guess is that number is still more than some rares already available like love inferno.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyuki on 2008-04-23 12:16 ]</font>

amtalx
Apr 23, 2008, 02:16 PM
Total subscriptions is NOT active players. How many of that 80k do you think either quit, or are casual players?

SonicTMP
Apr 23, 2008, 02:18 PM
Isn't the spread needle sell/tradable? If you REALLY want one that badly then do what you can in the leader boards and save up money to buy one. Hell you might even have stuff to trade for it depending.

Is it going to be ridicliously expensive to buy/trade? Yes, but if you REALLY want it then it's worth it.

chaostroop3
Apr 23, 2008, 02:18 PM
i think theres like 3k pepole on xbox and i think that ps2-3 get there own leader board ....

Anduril
Apr 23, 2008, 02:19 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:18, chaostroop3 wrote:
i think theres like 3k pepole on xbox and i think that ps2-3 get there own leader board ....

Nope, it's all one big leader board.

AlMcFly
Apr 23, 2008, 02:19 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:12, Delete wrote:

3/4 of the spread needles will be on the 360 server

My point exactly, theres like over 80,000 360 players and about 70,000 probably still play this game. 500 is kinda small compared to those numbers.

Are those numbers accurate for 360? Anyone have actual numbers on the populations of either 360 or PS2/PC? I would be interested to know.

Anyway, I was bent out of shape for like a day. I will play a lot more than I currently do with emphasis on quick kills. If I make it, I make it. If I don't, I don't. I won't put my real life (what really matters most) on the backburner for a game. I try not to get excitable but sometimes are harder than others http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Edit: Oops, my question was answered as I typed this post lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-23 12:20 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Apr 23, 2008, 02:21 PM
The peak population on Xbox is like 2 full unis, isn't it? That comes out to 2000 players on at any given time. Probably at most 5k active users in total.

Of course, MAG will bring a lot of people back... maybe.

Miyuki
Apr 23, 2008, 02:40 PM
I thought each full star was 500 people, so 2 full unis = 10 stars = 5000 people? Peak population is probably closer to 2.5 unis though.

-Tidus_415-
Apr 23, 2008, 02:40 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:21, beatrixkiddo wrote:
The peak population on Xbox is like 2 full unis, isn't it? That comes out to 2000 players on at any given time. Probably at most 5k active users in total.

Of course, MAG will bring a lot of people back... maybe.

Yeah normally its 2 unis filled up. During events it goes up to 3 unis and then like 5-10 other unis with 1*.

stukasa
Apr 23, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm happy there will be a leaderboard because I know there are people that wanted one, though personally I could care less. Sure I want the prizes but it's not worth stressing out over them. Plus, I agree that some items in the game should be rare. Most of the weapons in the game that *should* be rare (like Psycho Wand) are pretty common now. Also, remember that this is only the Spread Needle/G. If you want the real thing I'm sure it will drop from a mission sometime in the future.

Nirvash7
Apr 23, 2008, 03:15 PM
Dammit! Of all the times I took my 1-week vacation from work!

I think if I play at the current rate that I do, I'll walk away with one, considering the number of hardcore players in this game. I can do 9 hours a day during the week days and around 14 hours on the weekends, so yeah I'll definitely nab one. Sweet!

Sekani
Apr 23, 2008, 05:11 PM
Apparently everyone either forgot or just didn't care that there's also going to be a Time Attack leaderboard.

AlMcFly
Apr 23, 2008, 05:18 PM
On 2008-04-23 13:15, Nirvash7 wrote:
Dammit! Of all the times I took my 1-week vacation from work!

I think if I play at the current rate that I do, I'll walk away with one, considering the number of hardcore players in this game. I can do 9 hours a day during the week days and around 14 hours on the weekends, so yeah I'll definitely nab one. Sweet!

WTF?!? No comment...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

WildArms2
Apr 23, 2008, 05:18 PM
you have absolutly no chance at getting on the time attack leader boards Cherry and Gazzeto already have those locked up Cherry PS2 and GAzzeto Xbox

WildArms2
Apr 23, 2008, 05:21 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:40, Miyuki wrote:
I thought each full star was 500 people, so 2 full unis = 10 stars = 5000 people? Peak population is probably closer to 2.5 unis though.

no each star is 1-100 if it is filled its 200 so 2 full universes is 2k players we will have roughly 3 full universe filled at all times on XBOX i foresee and several starts scattered around the rest of the 30 universes.

In all i think it safe to save there are about 15k players that are playing this game on our servers all may not be evertmely active but in gerenal that how big the population is.

TecherRamen
Apr 23, 2008, 05:35 PM
For the kill count. Is it cumulative between all the characters on one account or is it by character on an account? So, like, If i have 2 character one gets 100 kills the other gets 200 kills am I listed as having 300 kills or am I listed twice with 100 ad 200 being separate?

-Tidus_415-
Apr 23, 2008, 05:37 PM
The time attack reward is for some silly medal. I dont think anyone really even cares about it.

NamuNamu
Apr 23, 2008, 05:40 PM
On 2008-04-23 15:35, TecherRamen wrote:
For the kill count. Is it cumulative between all the characters on one account or is it by character on an account? So, like, If i have 2 character one gets 100 kills the other gets 200 kills am I listed as having 300 kills or am I listed twice with 100 ad 200 being separate?

RubyEclipse said its by individual char so that means its possible to have 2 chars on the leaderboard

AlMcFly
Apr 23, 2008, 05:41 PM
On 2008-04-23 15:35, TecherRamen wrote:

I was looking for a link to another thread that answered this question but couldn't find it. No it's a Spread Needle per character. If one gets 100 kills and the other gets 200 kills, they each will be competing with each other for a Spread Needle. They will however be added together with the community in the 100 million point pot.

Battlestar
Apr 23, 2008, 05:41 PM
On 2008-04-23 15:18, WildArms2 wrote:
you have absolutly no chance at getting on the time attack leader boards Cherry and Gazzeto already have those locked up Cherry PS2 and GAzzeto Xbox

who?

TecherRamen
Apr 23, 2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the answer!

and so much for leveling my alt.. =P

beatrixkiddo
Apr 24, 2008, 12:59 AM
Cherry quit, but it's amusing to see people bring up names of people who they think they know the slightest bit about ;o

Soda
Apr 24, 2008, 11:49 AM
Pie Is Good

Soda
Apr 24, 2008, 11:59 AM
So If Your in a party and someone else kills a monster,does it count as a kill for yourself as well and the ppl in the party?

Delete
Apr 24, 2008, 04:45 PM
On 2008-04-23 12:10, R2D6battlebot wrote:
I dont understand why people complain about this. Seriously, some items in the game are meant to be rare, thats whats fun in having them. If you dont have time to play enough then maybe you should have thought about it before you decided to invest your time in an online RPG. Honestly, when will people stop bitching? I know a TON of people dont want just another Song for Death floating around, just some meaningless participation award. And the thinkg people dont think about is that personal competition is WAY more effective at getting people to actually participate at all, which means without a leaderboard we would end up making far fewer points than we will WITH the leaderboards. Quit bitching and get over it, do like everyone else and play the event to get as much as you possibly can, obviously people with fewer time constraints would end up being more profitable either way.

Whoa buddy, im not here to start a war, im just saying some people have more time to play psu than others. You saying that its my fault i cant play because i got a job? And why get an rpg if i dont have time to play it? Dude, i do have the time, just not 24 hours a day to get a weapon. Seriously, please dont leave a comment if your just gonna be ignorant.

WildArms2
Apr 24, 2008, 05:34 PM
On 2008-04-23 22:59, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Cherry quit, but it's amusing to see people bring up names of people who they think they know the slightest bit about ;o

its been a while since I heard anything about her/hium but thats a good thing for you ps2 players i guess.

G a z z e t o is his GT he is a japanese players that is arguable the best fortefighter in the game period and his crew are probably at the top of the list in terms of PAs weapons and team work. This i know for a fact.

Cherry was the best on ps2 servers for almost a years time? like I said I dont keep up with the other server now that I am on xbox servers but she was the talk of the town when the game first came out upto the first 6 months at least

GreenArcher
Apr 24, 2008, 05:48 PM
He

Freshellent
Apr 24, 2008, 05:56 PM
You've got to be fucking with me.

ashley50
Apr 24, 2008, 05:58 PM
On 2008-04-24 15:34, WildArms2 wrote:
[quote]On 2008-04-23 22:59, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Cherry was the best on ps2 servers for almost a years time? like I said I dont keep up with the other server now that I am on xbox servers but she was the talk of the town when the game first came out upto the first 6 months at least

Since when did this happen? lol
Best? haha...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 24, 2008, 06:00 PM
On 2008-04-24 15:48, Green_Archer3 wrote:
He

That's debatable.

Anyway, why don't we wait and see who comes out on top instead of making pointless assumptions?

GreenArcher
Apr 24, 2008, 06:04 PM
I will come out on top, with four characters.

....well I'm trying to get one spread needle though. Hopefully this turns out better than my non stop Love Inferno hunt.

AlMcFly
Apr 24, 2008, 06:06 PM
On 2008-04-24 15:34, WildArms2 wrote:
its been a while since I heard anything about her/hium but thats a good thing for you ps2 players i guess.

G a z z e t o is his GT he is a japanese players that is arguable the best fortefighter in the game period and his crew are probably at the top of the list in terms of PAs weapons and team work. This i know for a fact.

Lol, in a game that is quit simply VERY UNCOMPLICATED to play, saying someone is the best is like saying they are the best at button mashing and die the least. If your definition of best is having the most maxed out characters/job levels/techs/most rare items, then you are confusing the term "best" with "people who have entirely too much time on their hands". If your definition of best is being the most popular person on the server, then you are a moron.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-24 16:08 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Apr 24, 2008, 06:07 PM
I hope the wrong race+type combo comes on top. Newman Protranser, Cast Fortetecher, Beast Guntecher, and Human.......whatever.

Dragwind
Apr 24, 2008, 06:16 PM
LOL. Cherry sucked as a player. He just abused dambarta, and foie for single targets. Then abused the megiverse glitch. He raised all his PA's just for looks since he had nothing better to do with his time. Funny how people are easily deceived.

Delete
Apr 24, 2008, 09:06 PM
i do understand what some of you were saying, mostly everyone did get a song for death, i agree. Plus, i actually want the shigga pakuda more anyway whenever that comes out.