PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Phantasy Star Brawl Team touney! Starts May3rd,Sa

DiasFlac
Apr 24, 2008, 11:15 AM
Must sign up here -> http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=855923#855923
WIN A VIRTUAL CONSOLE!!
Please read every thing below if you are interested!
Note you must have Wi-Fi connection and you don’t have to have a PSU account.

Phantasy Star Brawl! (PSB)

This is a tournament for Phantasy Star Universe players who have “Super Smash Bros Brawl”

PSOW Members must make an Official PSU forum account and post in this topic saying they want to enter with the teammate their entering in order to get in this tournament. You cannot enter this tournament through these forums (PSOW forums)

This is to keep the confusion down and make things easier on me. Anyone here can enter but you must make a official PSU forum account, go to the topic in this link http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=76317 and post your teammates forum name and your forum name telling me you would like to enter this tournament.

(Team name is optional)

The Rules:
This will be a 2v2 competition all characters will be playable in this tournament. The matches will be best 2 out of 3 with stocks of 3 Items will be turned on but this doesn’t includes Final Smashes. You’ll be required to stick with the same character. In other words if you battle so and so with Diddy one game you will have to use Diddy through out the tournament. Team attack will be turn on in this tournament

Selective Stages: (Stages that will not be used in this tournament)
Bride is Eldin

Corneria

Big Blue

Temple

Port Town Aero Dive

Shadow Moses Island

Hanenbow

New Pork City

Summit

Selective Items: (Items that will be allowed in this tournament)
Food

Sandbag

Lip’s Stick

Team Healer

Franklin Badge

Banana Peel

Fire Flower

Bomb

(Votes will be taken to take the selected off or input more. Just post saying what you want)

Disconnection and Losing:
If someone disconnects the game will go to the judges and we’re decide whom wins continues by judging how the match went and whom we thought was the better player. If you don’t want this to happen please to sure you have a great connection and we ask that if your connection is horrible not join this event. (There will have to be two disconnections in one game for this to happen)

Please don’t hold us up
After the sign up process is complete I will be pairing you up with another player by random. Please make sure that you and the player I pair you up with get your battle done as soon as possible. If one team is holding up the tournament I will be forced to eliminate the participants who kept putting it off. This way this tournament doesn’t take forever to finish.

I also ask that if you decide to enter this tournament that you have an instant message program. This way you and the opponent I set you up with can communicate between each other on when your be able to do your battle. If you do not have IM be sure that your not busy the day of your match so you can send a private message to your opponent that you are ready for your match.

Be on these forums from 4PM till 6:30PM (or IM your opponent) to have your match and once your done the winners post in this topic their sign up name and state that they won the match.

You don’t have to wait till 4PM to brawl your opponent. You can brawl your opponent at any time once you know whom your going up against but please have your match done soon. I do have to move things along and if one team is taking to long to do their match I will have to eliminate the team that is holding up the process

Finding your teammate:
You can team up with anyone on PSU forums or PSOW forums. You cannot team up with anyone living with you. Its best that you and your teammate have each other’s IM info so that you and your teammate can keep in touch with each other when your match comes around, and incase him/her can’t do the match that day. (If you can’t find a partner you can use the CPU as your teammate)

If your teammate drops out and you want to continue you can find another partner to team with but if you cannot find someone else to replace your teammate who dropped out you will have to use the CPU as a teammate. (You cannot brawl alone this is a team event)

(If you want to name your team let me know when you find your teammate so that I will have that info along with the names of you and your teammate)

Prizes:
The top 2 teams will be rewarded with a virtue console. (4 players will receive a VC)

If you play PSU there a chance I’ll be giving out some PSU rares to the teams who place 1st or 2nd. I’m not sure as of yet seeing I don’t have a lot of PSU rares.

If anyone wants to donate some PSU rares that would be great. The donations will go to the 1st and 2nd place teams.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=855923#855923

Register as soon as you find out who your teaming with. [b]

Kinako78
Apr 24, 2008, 01:11 PM
Man, this sounds fun. But I don't have a Wii. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Seority
Apr 24, 2008, 01:41 PM
Ew. Wii online.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 24, 2008, 01:58 PM
Meh, I'd enter if it was 1v1 all items or no items. Worst item selection ever.

Edit: Also, on second thought, those stages are crap too. Those are the ones I would NOT want to play on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2008-04-24 11:59 ]</font>

Yuneiko
Apr 24, 2008, 02:13 PM
In b4 no items, fox only, or final destination.

Randomness
Apr 24, 2008, 02:30 PM
Team attack on? That throws a giant wrench into playable characters... any slower, powerful moves are instantly useless because of latency and the wind-up. Ike is basically banned by that, since you'd kill your teammate just as often as your enemies...

Seority
Apr 24, 2008, 02:32 PM
On 2008-04-24 12:30, Randomness wrote:Ike is basically banned by that, since you'd kill your teammate just as often as your enemies...

But you'd still win right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Stating that Ike can acctually survive in brawls to get to 1v1 XD.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 24, 2008, 02:39 PM
On 2008-04-24 11:58, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Meh, I'd enter if it was 1v1 all items or no items. Worst item selection ever.

Edit: Also, on second thought, those stages are crap too. Those are the ones I would NOT want to play on.

I can understand turning off certain items. Such as hammers, smash balls, hearts, tomatoes, invincible star. I always turn those items off. But these items seem to be completely random in choice.

Secondly, those are the stages that are NOT ALLOWED to be used...

EDIT: I've never actually played team battle with friends. But... How do you pick your teammate before battle if you're in different locations. I'm not even sure if Friend battles have a team mode as I've never played it that way.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-24 12:42 ]</font>

DiasFlac
Apr 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
I wanted this one to be more casual player then competitive. If their are certain items you would like on let me know and I'll give it some thought. If you would like to enter click the link and say so.

Good to see you all today

Shou
Apr 24, 2008, 03:55 PM
On 2008-04-24 12:13, Yuneiko wrote:
In b4 no items, fox only, or final destination.

I wanted 1 vs. 1 NO items on FD/Battlefield/Smashville/Cornaria only ):

IDK what charecter you pick >_>

DiasFlac
Apr 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
I just added the first team to the event. Their are still plenty of spots open. If you would prefer no items in this event let me know in the following link.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=857292#857292

DreXxiN
Apr 25, 2008, 12:21 AM
Oh god, this would be so tempting if wii online didn't give a 1 second delay for every button push. (Ok admitantly, that was exxagerated, but still, it's rediculous)