PDA

View Full Version : Gunner Type Question

Shinko
Apr 25, 2008, 12:03 AM
hey this ia my 1st time trying a gun type. so my question is what's better Mayalee Shot or Killer shot for the rife

GoldenFalcon
Apr 25, 2008, 12:08 AM
I'd say the elemental bullets, since the update tomorrow increases their attack and accuracy, along with getting knockdown at 31+. Killer Shot is useful when soloing, as long as you don't mind recharging for a fortune, or using 1-2* rifles.

DISCO
Apr 25, 2008, 12:13 AM
I strongly suggest all the elementals and killer shot.

Shinko
Apr 25, 2008, 12:21 AM
On 2008-04-24 22:08, GoldenFalcon wrote:
I'd say the elemental bullets, since the update tomorrow increases their attack and accuracy, along with getting knockdown at 31+. Killer Shot is useful when soloing, as long as you don't mind recharging for a fortune, or using 1-2* rifles.

elemental bullets huh i guess i'll use the then.... are the frag pa get an increase 2?

Shinko
Apr 25, 2008, 12:28 AM
also is the twin hand elemental bullets good too or should i get the frag ones

GoldenFalcon
Apr 25, 2008, 12:30 AM
Killer shot is getting a cost reduction, and I'd suggest elemental bullets for Twin Handguns also.

AnamanaAU
Apr 25, 2008, 12:32 AM
Notice how no one says anything about Mayalee?

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2008, 12:34 AM
On 2008-04-24 22:13, DISCO wrote:

This.

However, if you're trying to conserve on PA space, I say you can never go wrong with Frozen Shot; Lv4 Freeze will stop just about anything in its tracks. Or, if you're wanting more damage, go with either Burning Shot or Dark Shot. Or, just pick whichever element or status effect you like most.

While Mayalee Shot has the highest damage % modifier compared to the other rifle bullets, it has no element and the sleep status effect is pretty much worthless; as soon as another attack hits your target, it'll wake up. =/

Killer Shot is a must, though. A lot of the levels that contain the rare gun weapons also are filled with robots, and Killer Shot will make quick work of them. Just be aware that KS has a very high PP cost, so I'd recommend the use of Mizurakihohs or other Yohmei rifles, a Bullet Save unit, and plenty of Photon Charges.

If you're going into a gunner class though, don't rely ONLY on rifles. Check out the other gun weapons too; they each have their own uses.

Finally: be prepared for SLOOOOOW bullet leveling... at least, until that update gets here. =/

Xefi
Apr 25, 2008, 12:47 AM
Get all elements for Rifle bullet; Rifle will get upgraded in the elemental damage and knockdown, so you might as well get them. You can wait until the PA leveling update so that you can level them up a bit faster.

As for twin handgun, get whichever elements you will be using often and go with that.

You can start out with leveling some bullets to 11+ or wait until the PA leveling update.

Shinko
Apr 25, 2008, 12:53 AM
On 2008-04-24 22:34, Tetsaru wrote:

On 2008-04-24 22:13, DISCO wrote:

This.

However, if you're trying to conserve on PA space, I say you can never go wrong with Frozen Shot; Lv4 Freeze will stop just about anything in its tracks. Or, if you're wanting more damage, go with either Burning Shot or Dark Shot. Or, just pick whichever element or status effect you like most.

While Mayalee Shot has the highest damage % modifier compared to the other rifle bullets, it has no element and the sleep status effect is pretty much worthless; as soon as another attack hits your target, it'll wake up. =/

Killer Shot is a must, though. A lot of the levels that contain the rare gun weapons also are filled with robots, and Killer Shot will make quick work of them. Just be aware that KS has a very high PP cost, so I'd recommend the use of Mizurakihohs or other Yohmei rifles, a Bullet Save unit, and plenty of Photon Charges.

If you're going into a gunner class though, don't rely ONLY on rifles. Check out the other gun weapons too; they each have their own uses.

Finally: be prepared for SLOOOOOW bullet leveling... at least, until that update gets here. =/

Thanks this really help. and yea trying to conserve on PA space. im max out all classes with this char so i'll have to be as limited as possible. im going to go with the ice and killer shot bullets.

im using twin hand guns 2. not sure what bullet to use with them.

and shotguns. What would be a good bullet for that?

GlowSticks
Apr 25, 2008, 12:53 AM
Killer shot Ftw, Forget Maylee, Absolutely useless. Mizurakihoh is the best riffle for KS Due to it's most accuracy & most pp Riffle out ( think most pp riffle ever not sure about the accuracy ) As My gunner is made @ lvl 130 Only uses KS on a riffle. 10/10 Drumlines, Gur Asted, And baret with elementals, and the riffle for Ks is good.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 25, 2008, 12:54 AM
You know you can revert your PAs to disks, right?

Shinko
Apr 25, 2008, 01:02 AM
On 2008-04-24 22:54, beatrixkiddo wrote:
You know you can revert your PAs to disks, right?

Yea but that will be annoying see as i change from type to type ofen. Mmmm.... maybe i may have to do that....

Tetsaru
Apr 25, 2008, 02:01 AM
On 2008-04-24 23:02, Shinko wrote:
Yea but that will be annoying see as i change from type to type ofen. Mmmm.... maybe i may have to do that....

As long as you have room in storage, it's really no big deal... just like switching out weapons for a different class, imo. But, for gunners (and techers, to a lesser extent), it's more of an advantage, since you don't have to worry about finding high-% weapons like melee people do - it just goes up as you level it. :3

As far as ultimate PA's go, sadly Killer Shot and Boma Duranga (the "berserk" grenade shot) remain the only really useful ones now, imo. While the others have their uses every once in a while (lol Mayalee Fury giving seizures to big enemies), they have been overshadowed by the sheer strength of other PA's in a currently easy-difficulty environment. Maybe if Sega made the enemies in full-party missions a lot more difficult (gib S2/S3 missions already), some of the other ultimate bullets would have a chance to shine again... but not now, especially with MAG right around the corner. =/ For now, just stick with your elemental bullets, then try out the two ultimate ones I mentioned above when you get enough PA frags.

Akaimizu
Apr 25, 2008, 06:29 AM
It's an advantage to not have to search for weapons, true. But in real practice, getting the high percentage weapons tends to actually often take less time than the bullet investment. That may stop once the PA levelling adjustment is made. After that, then the lack of searching for high % melee weapons will level out in time invested vs. attaining it.

That is, with certain exceptions for the specific weapons that level faster than the norm. Crossbows, Shotguns, for instance. And of course, the initially force-related weapons like cards/bows. Techs are nicer because every wand/rod/etc. can cast all the same techs so it's less about obtaining better versions of weapons tied to a range of their specific PAs of which it's best to level all of the elements for that weapon.

Of course, for those who play this game like crazy and/or have the time to do it, they pretty much could have a lot of everything. However, if they simply invested that time just on the fighter-side, they'd probably gotten their gains even quicker. In a fraction of the time it took for my GT just to get the levels I have in my class, I pretty much legitimately gained enough melee gains to set my fighter character for life. Sans certain newer additions, of course. It's probably because for every good gun or wand drop I get, I get several melee ones.

After the PA exp update, I'll probably have to agree that the time invested aspect will balance out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-25 04:34 ]</font>

Shinko
Apr 25, 2008, 07:05 AM
On 2008-04-25 04:29, Akaimizu wrote:
It's an advantage to not have to search for weapons, true. But in real practice, getting the high percentage weapons tends to actually often take less time than the bullet investment. That may stop once the PA levelling adjustment is made. After that, then the lack of searching for high % melee weapons will level out in time invested vs. attaining it.

That is, with certain exceptions for the specific weapons that level faster than the norm. Crossbows, Shotguns, for instance. And of course, the initially force-related weapons like cards/bows. Techs are nicer because every wand/rod/etc. can cast all the same techs so it's less about obtaining better versions of weapons tied to a range of their specific PAs of which it's best to level all of the elements for that weapon.

Of course, for those who play this game like crazy and/or have the time to do it, they pretty much could have a lot of everything. However, if they simply invested that time just on the fighter-side, they'd probably gotten their gains even quicker. In a fraction of the time it took for my GT just to get the levels I have in my class, I pretty much legitimately gained enough melee gains to set my fighter character for life. Sans certain newer additions, of course. It's probably because for every good gun or wand drop I get, I get several melee ones.

After the PA exp update, I'll probably have to agree that the time invested aspect will balance out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-04-25 04:34 ]</font>

well that's good. i don't want it to take years to lvl up my bullets