PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Hunter license problem

ndf
Apr 26, 2008, 01:28 AM
dont know if this is the right place... but i tried to log onto psu and it says ive expired... but playsega says active, so whats going on? D:

Xefi
Apr 26, 2008, 01:49 AM
try the "New Subscription" and redo the whole credit card thingy.

MaRayearth
Apr 26, 2008, 04:35 AM
On 2008-04-25 23:28, ndf wrote:
dont know if this is the right place... but i tried to log onto psu and it says ive expired... but playsega says active, so whats going on? D:

same thing here, wtf? ><

why is this happening? and what do I have to do exactly?

ndf
Apr 26, 2008, 09:48 AM
On 2008-04-25 23:49, RubySion wrote:
try the "New Subscription" and redo the whole credit card thingy.

i did... now im stuck with an inactive account... and probably wont be able to get this problem fixed till monday :/

Powder Keg
Apr 26, 2008, 09:53 AM
This is the perfect time for this to happen...

ndf
Apr 26, 2008, 09:54 AM
On 2008-04-26 07:53, Artea wrote:
This is the perfect time for this to happen...

tell me about it... its happened before also.. but i wouldnt think it would happen again :|

why must sega fail at everything ;_;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ndf on 2008-04-26 07:55 ]</font>

MaRayearth
Apr 26, 2008, 09:54 AM
damn it...and I had planned to play today... in my day off T_T

stupid billing bug >_<

MaRayearth
Apr 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
how was it solved when it happened before?

ndf
Apr 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
On 2008-04-26 07:56, MaRayearth wrote:
how was it solved when it happened before?

cancel and reactive... but it didnt work this time.

Powder Keg
Apr 26, 2008, 09:59 AM
It's probably due to multiple people trying to re-subscribe at the same time.

Well, hope it gets fixed ASAP.

ndf
Apr 26, 2008, 10:01 AM
On 2008-04-26 07:59, Artea wrote:

Well, hope it gets fixed ASAP.

i hope so also... ive had the game since UK launch and im still only lv 79... was hoping to get caught up with this event >_<

MaRayearth
Apr 26, 2008, 10:05 AM
great, just great x.x (thanks for replying though)

Sinue_v2
Apr 26, 2008, 10:27 AM

/facepalm

Either because you are either GROSSLY overestimating the population of PSU, GROSSLY underestimating server capacity, or because Sega is GROSSLY negligent in maintaining their billing site. Actually, scratch that, it's not an either/or situation. It's all of the above.

Powder Keg
Apr 26, 2008, 10:28 AM
On 2008-04-26 08:27, Sinue_v2 wrote:

/facepalm

Either because you are either GROSSLY overestimating the population of PSU, GROSSLY underestimating server capacity, or because Sega is GROSSLY negligent in maintaining their billing site. Actually, scratch that, it's not an either/or situation. It's all of the above.

It would have nothing to do with server capacity. The billing site probably can't handle a shitload of traffic and transactions at once.

Sinue_v2
Apr 26, 2008, 10:36 AM
PSU doesn't generate "shitloads" of traffic. Even with MAG, there's NOT that many people coming back. If it were a case of their servers not being able to handle the traffic, then people who first signed up for PSU when it launched last year would still be waiting for activation due to the sheer volume of traffic then compared to now.

Sega doesn't know how to run their goddamned servers, but hey - if you want to lie to yourself and pretend it's because PSU and MAG are so popular that they simply cannot meet demand, then knock yourself out.

Oh, and if you do think they know how to run their billing site - then explain to me why you can still sign up for monthly fees on a discontinued service like Blue Burst. And yes, it WILL process and WILL take your money. A few people on the official forums accidentally activated their Blue Burst accounts when trying to sort through the Billing site hoops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-04-26 09:11 ]</font>

MaRayearth
Apr 26, 2008, 11:33 AM
you guys think that if I just wait a few hours, then IŽll be able to login again? or will I have to actually subscribe again no matter what..?

Powder Keg
Apr 26, 2008, 11:54 AM
On 2008-04-26 08:36, Sinue_v2 wrote:
PSU doesn't generate "shitloads" of traffic. Even with MAG, there's NOT that many people coming back. If it were a case of their servers not being able to handle the traffic, then people who first signed up for PSU when it launched last year would still be waiting for activation due to the sheer volume of traffic then compared to now.

Sega doesn't know how to run their goddamned servers, but hey - if you want to lie to yourself and pretend it's because PSU and MAG are so popular that they simply cannot meet demand, then knock yourself out.

Oh, and if you do think they know how to run their billing site - then explain to me why you can still sign up for monthly fees on a discontinued service like Blue Burst. And yes, it WILL process and WILL take your money. A few people on the official forums accidentally activated their Blue Burst accounts when trying to sort through the Billing site hoops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-04-26 09:11 ]</font>

What in the hell are you talking about? Where did I say they knew how to run their billing site? The Billing site is the problem!

I remember hearing when the game was first released billing problems occured, and also before other events. The billing site can NOT handle multiple people re-activating their accounts all at once. Not saying that's anyone's fault other than their own for now knowing how to run it properly.

Ryna
Apr 26, 2008, 12:52 PM
The Billing Servers seem to be having some problems:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=76564

and

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=76659

If you are having problems, I'd suggest reading those threads and filling out the appropriate support forms on their site.