PDA

View Full Version : Online: Is the Lag a Universal Problem?

Azuma
Apr 26, 2008, 04:42 AM
When I played the demo version of this game for the Xbox, I noticed there was a little bit of lag between when you hit an enemy, and when they flinch and are damaged from the attack. It also happens when picking up items, there's a delay before I actually pick it up.

I thought this may just be an Xbox problem, but it turns out it does it on the PC version which I just got online with yesterday.

You can imagine how annoying it can be when you're trying to interrupt attacks, since when I strike, the enemy goes ahead and hits me, THEN is damaged.

Is this normal? If so, is it just one of those things that players have to put up with?

If not, any idea HOW I should fix it?

I posted this in the Tech Support about twelve hours ago, and so far it's had 4 views, so I figured it'd be better to post in here to get some feedback. xD

Also, my internet connection is USUALLY great. I have no lag on any other games, including World of Warcraft (when I played it), and that's a MUCH bigger game.

Broodstar1337
Apr 26, 2008, 07:00 AM
Lag. Yes.

Framerate. No.

Azuma
Apr 26, 2008, 09:09 AM
Lag. Yes.

Framerate. No.

Explain? =/

beatrixkiddo
Apr 26, 2008, 10:33 AM
Lag is caused by your internet connection which, unsurprisingly, is the same between consoles.

Azuma
Apr 26, 2008, 10:46 AM
I had been using a wireless connection from my PC to my router... I tried moving the router to the computer and plugging it directly into it, which SHOULD have been faster.

Exact same result though.

Once again, i've got what I consider to be a good internet connection, and THIS is the only game that I have trouble with, which is why i'm here instead of a general tech support forum. =P

Any advice?